The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old August 24th, 2013, 01:23 PM
RockyLight

Advertise here
Hey! (:
I'd just like to start off by saying congratulations for the nice hack!
Currently, I'm on my way to Lavender Town and I have found a couple of bugs..

First: There is an old lady in front of the Vermillion Gym which you cannot talk to.

Second: The second and fourth floor of the Rock Tunnel consists of low level and the same pokemon from the original game.

Although, I am not sure if these are intended fixes but I'll try to contribute as much as i can find to help people in case they are wondering :p

Last edited by RockyLight; August 24th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
xesphirox

There is weird bug here if you catch totodile first in vermillion city you cannot catch chikorita at route 9
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by xesphirox View Post
There is weird bug here if you catch totodile first in vermillion city you cannot catch chikorita at route 9
Thanks for pointing this out, it's because Chikorita shares the same Flag as Totodile which can easily be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyLight View Post
Hey! (:
I'd just like to start off by saying congratulations for the nice hack!
Currently, I'm on my way to Lavender Town and I have found a couple of bugs..

First: There is an old lady in front of the Vermillion Gym which you cannot talk to.

Second: The second and fourth floor of the Rock Tunnel consists of low level and the same pokemon from the original game.

Although, I am not sure if these are intended fixes but I'll try to contribute as much as i can find to help people in case they are wondering :p
Thanks for this, I checked the Old lady outside Vermillion and there is no dialogue so I will fix this and as for the Rock Tunnel that's easily changeable.

Last edited by Hoenn; August 25th, 2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 25th, 2013, 03:09 PM
BIGJRA

Where's the download link? The mediafire goes to a generic page...

Ash Grey, Emerald 386, Empire Isle, Firered Omega, Firered Backwards Version, Flora Sky, Fuligin, Furious Flames, Grand Day Out, Hyetology, Light Platinum, Lilac, Liquid Crystal, My Ass, Rising Thunder, Shining Opal, Shiny Gold, Skyline, Snakewood,Victory Fire

If you have a hack you want me to play/LP, VM me!
Old August 25th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hoenn
Community Supporter

Beta 1.4 has been released which doesn't have any major, dramatic changes to effect the gameplay but more focused on fixing any errors from the previous beta. This includes:
  • Revamped several boss team rosters
  • Fixed the glitch regarding Chikirota/Totodile
  • Fixed some of the OW sprite and text glitches
  • Edited a couple of moves; Dragonbreath now has an Attack Power of 80 and Meteor Mash now has an accuracy of 100%.
  • The woman outside of the Vermillion City Gym actually gives you the Light Ball as intended.

After quickly running through the game I can find no blatant errors that need fixing for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJRA View Post
Where's the download link? The mediafire goes to a generic page...
It should be there now, it was temporarily taken down as I was uploading the latest beta which is up now.

Last edited by Hoenn; August 25th, 2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
jcfan4u

Nature: Naive
Sorry i dont remember seeing anyone say it but for some reason it seems all attacks are critical hits:/ not sure if you purposely did it but it feels unrealistic
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfan4u View Post
Sorry i dont remember seeing anyone say it but for some reason it seems all attacks are critical hits:/ not sure if you purposely did it but it feels unrealistic
That's odd, I've just tested the latest Beta for myself and from the start of the game upto Viridian Forest I only managed to get one Critical Hit from several battles including Wild & Trainer.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:12 AM
chromojadek

Again is there a way to make Mew obey you ? Or it should but it's just my problem ?
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
The james and jessie ows look like normal team rocket ows in the screenshots of the first page have you changed them ingame
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:07 PM
xSabirr

Heyy uhmm. When I tried to get chikarita it disappeared after I got the Cut HM. It's the only starter I'm missing :/
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSabirr View Post
Heyy uhmm. When I tried to get chikarita it disappeared after I got the Cut HM. It's the only starter I'm missing :/
Have you downloaded the latest patch? There was an error in the previous release in which once you trigger the Totodile release it removes the Chikirota event due to them sharing the same flag, this was fixed in the current release.

Old August 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
cub3man

I had to sign up for an account so I could comment on this hack. I'm downloading and patching now, can't wait to start playing. I'll make sure to comment on any potential bugs I discover while playing. Great to see a hack that's current and still supported!
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:33 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
All these oddities are enough for me to start the hack again. Just to report any bugs that is. Also can you add HGSS sprites in this as well?
Old August 31st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Ratty99

I cannot seem to trigger the Giovanni battle in Silph Co. I have battled all other trainers in the building, received the Lapras, the Egg and ,somehow, the Master Ball but I cannot battle Giovanni which means Team Rocket don't leave Saffron, preventing me from entering the gym and continuing with the game.

Current Challenges:
N/A
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
xesphirox

Wow thanks for the Totodile fix and the Light Ball fix I think the pokemon in pokemon mansion on cinnabar island is unchanged too. The levels are different than the other wild pokemon nearby.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
WooferZ

Just wondering
Does anyone know if the Deoxys and/or Mew in this game obey?
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:44 AM
pokelollol

Bug: talking to the barrier of the team rocket in mt. moon appears a strange written.
Old September 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM
xesphirox

There's another bug here I found Raikou while walking through a random patch of tall grass. Is that intended?
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:16 AM
pokelollol

When I get the beldum, and I put a nickname, a window appears where there is the icon of missigno
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelollol View Post
When I get the beldum, and I put a nickname, a window appears where there is the icon of missigno
That's normal. It happens in almost every Fire Red hack.
(That's why it's best to scrap nicknames =D)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
pokelollol

Usually does give the nickname of some members of the team
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hoenn
Community Supporter

There's a slight error with the nicknaming process for Gift Pokémon, try avoiding if possible and waiting until you reach the Name Rater in Lavender Town.

Old September 10th, 2013, 02:29 AM
pokelollol

I found another: a trainer in the gym of Fuchsia City says strange things when I challenge him
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:35 AM
MrDratini

I'm about to burst of joy!! ^.^ Thank you very much for this Suicune!
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:51 AM
wc burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Why is Rayquaza being given in an Egg?? And Feebas on land? Looks really fun though.
the feebass on land could be because it may only know splash? thats just my opinion though haha
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here