Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Battling & Team Building The forum designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2013 (07:25 AM).
wolf

Quote originally posted by Anti:
No one wants to engage in what basically amounts to Pokemon small talk--just look at some of the "discussions" that amount to posts like "offense is my favorite style" or "dragons rule!" They fill space in a forum that resembles a former heavyweight champion now in his seventies living off of social security, but does anyone actually enjoy these things or get anything out of them?
Just saying, those are polls; most forums have them, including pretty much every one of PC's forums. I agree that it would be nice to have more in-depth discussions, but I'm not sure when the community is ready for that. For one thing, discussions like those have never been very active or successful, even back in the S&M days. But you never know until you try.

As for DCCs, I was never a big fan of them, especially in BC. For one, it takes away activity from the rest of the forum unless the forum is focused on off-topic discussion (like CC&P), and discussions with a topic tend to have more direction and activity. For example, a general metagame discussion on XY OU would be fine because there's at least something to keep discussion based on, rather than simply telling everyone to talk about battling (which didn't work that one short time I made a DCC). Also, I've been wanting to do a sort of XY battling club that's geared around trying out XY OU, finding new strategies in it, helping each other get adjusted to the new metagame, and just getting involved in maturing the metagame. There would be more stuff of course, but that's just general idea.

Annual battling events could work. I've tried many "major" tournaments in the past, but they usually fail. The closest I've gotten to making them work is the Randbats version of the PC League. However, it lasted too long and some users ended up inactive after so long, along with the fact that I didn't bug people about the last round via PM (which makes a big difference, by the way). It's important not to rely on individual users for too long like a typical league, and expect the worst to happen but hope for the best. I may start planning a UU tournament sometime soon, as I've been wanting to do one for a while now.
Old August 27th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
Antemortem
nothing but a teenage phase

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote originally posted by Wolflare:
I may start planning a UU tournament sometime soon, as I've been wanting to do one for a while now.
This would be cool as the official single tier tournament Anti mentioned, since UU will soon be the primary tier of the server, if we're still going along with that movement. Otherwise, we should still have something like a World Cup or something involving teams with representatives/captains, etc. Something fun, a little creative, but wouldn't heavily rely on mass participation, as in 64+. I'd shoot for 24/32, of course.
Old August 28th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
i think this site should gear towards a more serious commitment to smogon's standard ou metagame if its going to host a tour akin to the one mentioned in antemortem and anti's posts
Old September 11th, 2013 (12:00 AM).
Castform

Nature: Modest
Just posting to say that the server has crashed for some unknown reason and if you are unable to access it, that is why. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.
Old September 11th, 2013 (05:49 AM).
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Nature: Quiet
I have the exact same problem too. I have tried many times for the past hour to access the server, but I get this "Couldn't connect to server!" message every time. It would be great if someone could look up on this issue. Thanks in advance!

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old September 11th, 2013 (06:52 AM).
wolf

I told Steve about it so it should be back up soon.
Old September 11th, 2013 (07:39 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I knew something was wrong when I noticed the server had disconnected me, then I tried opening up the tab again and the server was down. But glad to know it will be fixed soon, ilu Wolf <3
Old September 11th, 2013 (01:04 PM).
Aslan
the pretender

Took a quick peek at the server this morning and it seems to be working! Go wild. :]
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:39 AM).
ABYAY
Advancing the Yarzan species

Nature: Calm
With the upcoming 6th gen around the corner, I've been making my steady comeback to this area. For those that assumed me long and gone, remember that hax gods never die...or those that are just too stubborn to leave.

The Yarzan species is making progress.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (09:10 AM).
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
I'd like to give you guys a little tip here, but today, Showdown introduced a new background featuring Reshiram.. if you wish to revert back to the waterfall background, you can do so by clicking the gear icon in the upper-right hand corner and in the menu there should be an option for you to change the background. Thought I'd pass that along for those who didn't know how to change the background back to the previous one.
Old September 26th, 2013 (09:37 PM). Edited September 26th, 2013 by Zorua.
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I've updated the staff here about the functions of modchat autoconfirmed but I feel that it's appropriate to let you guys know about it, too:

As you very well know, whenever a conversation gets out of hand, or the chat quality derails, we set modchat. What this obviously does is that it restricts chat to either voices or basically whichever level the staff desireore frequently than voiced. Today, I'm going to talk about the autoconfirmed level, because I feel we're going to be using that a lot more than voices modchat.

Now, what does it mean?

What this means is that in order to talk in the chat in the case that we set modchat autoconfirmed, your account must be at least a week old and you must have laddered (and won) one ladder battle. Do take note that the latter is NOT optional.
If I register a new account, would that also be affected?

This depends on what rank you are. Because voiced and higher are...well obviously higher than regular users (which is basically what this is, just a glorified version of it), then they're exempt from it. However, if you are a regular user choosing a new alt, you might want to stick to your main until that account is a week old and you'd laddered once with it, then you can talk with it.
Anything else I need to know, ol' grand master of tl;drs?

No. And for the record, this was barely anything.

Also, I'd say this modchat level is a good thing because at least it serves as an incentive for people to participate in Battle Nights, should the worst happen and we're forced to have the server under extended modchat for a good while.
Have fun chatting on the server, guys! ^^;
Old October 4th, 2013 (08:36 PM).
Castform

Guys, just wanted to post here that a new official chatroom has been added to the Battle Server: Pokemon XY room! this is a room to discuss all things X&Y so be mindful to others and make sure you discuss X&Y spoilers here to avoiding spoiling the game for those who are trying to avoid them.
Old October 24th, 2013 (03:27 PM).
wolf

Some of you have been wondering why custom avatars haven't been given out to voice users yet or why there have been no new voice promotions, and that is because the staff have been discussing possible changes that could be made to the rank. It took a while, but we have finally reached a conclusion. We're going to be making some alterations to the voice rank soon, which I'll go more into detail about in time. We feel that it's necessary to update the voice rank accordingly with our new approach of doing promotions (see: discussing them amongst the entire staff and not just Nica and I), and therefore have decided to clean out the rank completely and start anew again. I understand if this feels repetitive, but I ask you to bear with us. If you want my recommendation for getting back your voice, I suggest that you continue participating in the chat with a good attitude (nudes are welcome as well). Above all, I don't want anyone to get too caught up in the matter of ranks, and simply enjoy being part of the battle server's community (especially since we're going to be having some awesome stuff coming soon).
Old October 30th, 2013 (11:30 PM). Edited November 1st, 2013 by wolf.
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Trick or treat! I want to let you guys know, now PC Battle Server has been updated with a new Random Battle system courtesy of Wolflare, it's the Halloween Random Battle!

In this battle, you can use many Pokémon that are spooky in nature (Dark and Ghost-types) or anything which is related, and the new Gen 6 Ghost and Dark Pokémon like Aegislash are included as well. And there are most of them (if not all) which appears in this randbat:

Quote:
'ditto', 'misdreavus', 'shuppet', 'banette', 'duskull', 'dusclops', 'mismagius', 'dusknoir', 'yamask', 'cofagrigus', 'gastly', 'haunter', 'gengar', 'drifloon', 'drifblim', 'spiritomb', 'litwick', 'lampent', 'chandelure', 'phantump', 'trevenant', 'pumpkaboo', 'gourgeistsuper', 'shedinja', 'sableye', 'froslass', 'rotom', 'frillish', 'jellicent', 'golett', 'golurk', 'honedge', 'doublade', 'aegislash', 'umbreon', 'poochyena', 'mightyena', 'absol', 'darkrai', 'purrloin', 'liepard', 'zorua', 'zoroark', 'murkrow', 'sneasel', 'houndour', 'houndoom', 'sableye', 'honchkrow', 'weavile', 'scraggy', 'scrafty', 'pawniard', 'bisharp', 'vullaby', 'mandibuzz', 'deino', 'zweilous', 'hydreigon', 'inkay', 'malamar', 'tyranitar', 'nuzleaf', 'shiftry', 'carvanha', 'sharpedo', 'cacturne', 'crawdaunt', 'stunky', 'skuntank', 'spiritomb', 'drapion', 'sandile', 'krokorok', 'krookodile', 'greninja', 'pangoro', 'giratina', 'giratinaorigin', 'arceusghost', 'yveltal', 'zubat', 'golbat', 'crobat', 'woobat', 'swoobat', 'gligar', 'gliscor', 'noibat', 'noivern', 'spinarak', 'ariados', 'joltik', 'galvantula', 'delphox', 'rotomheat', 'rotomwash', 'rotomfrost', 'rotomfan', 'rotommow'
Have fun in this new battle system!

PC | SPC | PC Battle Server | Gold | Hello World | My Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog
Old November 3rd, 2013 (08:28 AM).
wolf

Scratch that, we're just doing away with the voice rank entirely. We find that voice does more harm than good by promoting superiority, elitism, and favoritism within the community, as well as belittling those that don't have voice.
Old November 9th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
wolf

Anyone can broadcast information like !data now. Please use it sparingly and only if it's relevant to the topic; otherwise, it will be considered spam.
Old November 26th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Protesting my ban right now. It's been nearly an hour
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old January 9th, 2014 (09:19 PM).
wolf

We now have our very own custom background! It is the same work done by Sa-Dui on PC's forum style "Let's Fly Together." If you don't see it already, delete your browser cookies and refresh.
Old January 10th, 2014 (09:05 AM). Edited January 12th, 2014 by wolf.
wolf

Two new ranks have been implemented on the battle server: frequenter (-) and senior (=). Frequenter is given out to members who frequent the battle server, while senior is given out to frequenters who have shown maturity and experience. The former is purely aesthetic, while the latter has a few perks such as the ability to use /declare and /html.

Also, the senior rank's symbol (=) may get changed in the future.
Old February 16th, 2014 (03:43 PM).
Lance the Luxray

Nature: Adamant
This is my first post! Anyways.... Im new to these forums and im glad to be here!
Old February 16th, 2014 (03:51 PM).
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
Hmm, is there any reasons that join/part messages no longer show? Is that intentional?
Old February 16th, 2014 (03:53 PM).
shenanigans
everything will be okay

Quote originally posted by Zach:
Hmm, is there any reasons that join/part messages no longer show? Is that intentional?
I'm not honestly entirely sure, but it bothered me too. You can restore it using /showjoins, though. :]
Old February 16th, 2014 (04:43 PM).
wolf

I'm turning it back on later, haha. Was experimenting a little.
Old February 26th, 2014 (04:06 PM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm unable to join the chat - it keeps saying either "invalid password" (when I'm certain it's the right password) or "the login server is overloaded", and yet I see other people joining - is this a problem on my end or their's so I know whether to try fixing it?
Old February 26th, 2014 (04:13 PM).
wolf

Quote originally posted by Squirrel:
I'm unable to join the chat - it keeps saying either "invalid password" (when I'm certain it's the right password) or "the login server is overloaded", and yet I see other people joining - is this a problem on my end or their's so I know whether to try fixing it?
It isn't just you. It happened to me a moment ago, but the problem seems to be gone now.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links