The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Glazed 2 be a ROM Hack or RPG Maker Game?
ROM Hack 222 64.35%
RPG Maker Game 41 11.88%
Don't care, as long as it's great! 82 23.77%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2013 (09:16 AM).
Noobly

You'll be so kind and tell me how to get one of them??
because I searched the entire map and did not find a way to get their. Thanks
Old August 28th, 2013 (11:06 AM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_evoys View Post
Anyway Lucbui, about mega evolution pokemon, will you add it?
I'm not sure if I will or won't, yet. As much as I love the Mega Evolutions, I'm afraid too many people will be putting them in, and I don't want Glazed to become too gimmicky. But I might insert one or two, just as special events *Smiles knowingly*

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old August 28th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
Markopolo

is it possible to get an electivire??
Old August 28th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
Haliya

Hi lucbui !

I really like your hack rom so I will post a reply here before I go to search the secret in Tunod this night :D ( It's 10 Pm in Belgium.)

First the best for me in Glazed is the two region, i really like thats because is like "Two game in one" or "Two adventures in one game" for me.

Then I appreciate that's is not too many bugs in the Rom Hack. Too many Hack ROM is unplayable because the bug is too big. The only problems I have seen are the cries of Pokemon. Some Pokemon are not good.

I want to see the future release of Glazed, good luck :D

Ps : I am sorry for my bad spelling, grammar and all that one can imagine, but I have really difficult because I don't really speak good English. ( My language is French.)
Old August 28th, 2013 (03:29 PM).
kwevlo
Champ Kwelvo

Nature: Bashful
lucbui when can we expect the next version of this game?
Old August 29th, 2013 (03:51 AM). Edited August 29th, 2013 by chaos_envoys.
chaos_envoys

Nature: Modest
Lucbui, i've beaten the tunod league a couple of times but my record is not recorded in my trainer card nor the hall of fame.. Is this a bug?
One more thing, there is an endless luxury ball on kris's room.. Maybe this is also a bug.. And we don't have pokenav in this hack?

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Version 6, GAIA
Old August 31st, 2013 (02:54 PM).
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliya View Post
Hi lucbui !

I really like your hack rom so I will post a reply here before I go to search the secret in Tunod this night :D ( It's 10 Pm in Belgium.)

First the best for me in Glazed is the two region, i really like thats because is like "Two game in one" or "Two adventures in one game" for me.

Then I appreciate that's is not too many bugs in the Rom Hack. Too many Hack ROM is unplayable because the bug is too big. The only problems I have seen are the cries of Pokemon. Some Pokemon are not good.

I want to see the future release of Glazed, good luck :D

Ps : I am sorry for my bad spelling, grammar and all that one can imagine, but I have really difficult because I don't really speak good English. ( My language is French.)
Thanks for the kind words <3 I'm glad that people like it, even non-native speakers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwevlo View Post
lucbui when can we expect the next version of this game?
To be honest, for the remainder of Johto, I have to break my "three-gyms-per-public-beta" rule. So I decided to make this next beta contain everything to the Johto League. I've just finished Evergreen Town's maps, and I'm scripting the interior events now. All that's left is Ice Cave, Blackthorn City, The route to the league, Johto Victory Road, and the league itself. I'm hoping I can release the next beta before October, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
is it possible to get an electivire??
Yessir. Electivire evolves by Electabuzz w/ Trade Stone

Quote:
Lucbui, i've beaten the tunod league a couple of times but my record is not recorded in my trainer card nor the hall of fame.. Is this a bug?
One more thing, there is an endless luxury ball on kris's room.. Maybe this is also a bug.. And we don't have pokenav in this hack?
This first isn't a bug, I'm sad to say. I didn't include this function because the special that writes the data to the PC is tied to the special that plays the credits. After you enter the hall of fame, your game is saved, the credits played, and the game essentially "reboots" itself. Since it saves, you can just load your save and keep playing. But many people have said that the game has errors saving, which means when the game reboots, you lose all your data. So I just cut out that part, since most people don't enjoy credits anyway.

I was thinking about modifying the end scene to give you a choice in the matter, but I'm not entirely sure if it'll look good. If I can figure out a way to write the data, but not play the animation, that would be ideal. Sorry for the long-winded post xD.

The infinite Luxury Ball is a bug, something I discovered about thirty seconds before reading this post. Thanks for posting it, though!

Edit: No Pokenav either. I need all the trainers I can get, so I didn't want to have a ton of duplicates running around. It's also a pain to edit...I'm not even sure it can be done fully, yet.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Old August 31st, 2013 (04:34 PM). Edited August 31st, 2013 by chaos_envoys.
chaos_envoys

@Lucbui, i agree about pokenav.. Every hacks I play have incomplete pokenav where the trainer rematches location are always wrong.. But Lucbui, without pokenav, we can't rebattle the gym leaders.. I like the idea to rebattle the gym leaders in emerald where the rebattle is a 2 on 2 battle..

Oh yea, when will mew obey me? I caught it at the first time I encounter it..

About the tunod league saves, have you tried it before and the game corrupts the save?

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Old September 1st, 2013 (07:08 AM).
redriders180

Quote:
@Lucbui, i agree about pokenav.. Every hacks I play have incomplete pokenav where the trainer rematches location are always wrong.. But Lucbui, without pokenav, we can't rebattle the gym leaders.. I like the idea to rebattle the gym leaders in emerald where the rebattle is a 2 on 2 battle..

Oh yea, when will mew obey me? I caught it at the first time I encounter it..

About the tunod league saves, have you tried it before and the game corrupts the save?
I've implemented a different way to rematch Gym Leaders

What do you mean, caught it? There's never a point you battle Mew and are able to catch it o-o

The game doesn't corrupt the save, it just can't save. It tries to save, says it fails, and keeps on going with the script.

Old September 1st, 2013 (07:59 AM).
chaos_envoys

@lucbui, I caught my mew at the battle when dialga, palkia, and giratina summons it.. I used premier ball to catch it.. Do you mean I can't catch it at that battle?

Also, will you add battle frontier or battle tower to this game? That will be nice a nice addition to this already great game

Old September 2nd, 2013 (09:29 AM).
KinKage
Golden Shadow

Nature: Mild
Still watching this hack go along, don't rush it btw and what requirements are you missing for this to go to the hack showcase? o.o..
Old September 2nd, 2013 (02:19 PM).
redriders180

Quote:
@lucbui, I caught my mew at the battle when dialga, palkia, and giratina summons it.. I used premier ball to catch it.. Do you mean I can't catch it at that battle?

Also, will you add battle frontier or battle tower to this game? That will be nice a nice addition to this already great game
In the most recent beta, I had lowered the catch rate to 0, with the intention of making it uncatchable (Also the reason the Master Ball vanishes from your pocket during the battle). I guess it was a one-in-a-million chance that you managed to catch it with just a normal ball. Was the Mew normal or glowing, might I ask?

EDIT: Completely forgot where I was going. In Cianwood City, I've placed an Obedience Trainer, where you can select a Pokemon and he'll make it obey you. I did this as a remedy for Mew and Arceus, since they'll be disobedient when you get them anyway.

Also, The Battle Frontier/Tower won't be making an appearance. I've already used the maps for it, Not to mention the Pokemon are all mixed up from adding more, the OWs wouldn't match up to their battle sprites, and the trainer classes wouldn't match up to the battle sprites. Trainer Hill MIGHT make an appearance, but I can't guarantee it. I need all the maps I can get, since I can't create any in A-Map 1.95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinKage View Post
Still watching this hack go along, don't rush it btw and what requirements are you missing for this to go to the hack showcase? o.o..
I don't know what requirements I need, I haven't gotten around to looking. I wanted to make sure my hack was awesome enough to be placed in that hallowed thread.

Old September 2nd, 2013 (03:23 PM).
chaos_envoys

@Lucbui i'm using the latest beta(glazedbeta4D) and all I do is reduce its hp to red, make it sleeps and use my premier ball.. Only 1 ball and I caught it.. The mew is shiny though.. I just realize the "legit" way to get mew, and now I have 2~ one is shiny and one is normal~

Old September 2nd, 2013 (08:56 PM).
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

In the next release make it that Mew listens to you when you get that pokemon because in my opinion it would be a waste of time including mew if mew does not listen to you right off the back. When it comes to hacks my philosophy is all pokemon should obey their trainers when they are received and I'm not changing that for no hack.

Old September 3rd, 2013 (01:12 AM).
pranoydstriker

Nature: Hasty
@lucbui ... can u tell where this beta ends ??..i have played jhoto but one policemen says that goldenrod city is not available or something ..can u tell where 2 go/
Old September 3rd, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Falsever
maybe i'll come back

Nature: Jolly
What a great hack, I really like how you inserted new battle backgrounds and new tiles.
I think you should change the sprites of Pokémon too, this hack would be more great.
Anyways, good luck with this, don't abandon it!
Old September 3rd, 2013 (03:58 AM).
lit000

Wait...
Was there no MASTERBALL or I was just missing something?
Old September 3rd, 2013 (11:25 AM).
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
In the next release make it that Mew listens to you when you get that pokemon because in my opinion it would be a waste of time including mew if mew does not listen to you right off the back. When it comes to hacks my philosophy is all pokemon should obey their trainers when they are received and I'm not changing that for no hack.
Then I'm sorry you won't be playing my hack

In all seriousness, Mew's disobedience is built into Emerald, to dissuade cheaters from hacking themselves to have one without an Old Sea Map. I haven't found a fix for it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranoydstriker View Post
@lucbui ... can u tell where this beta ends ??..i have played jhoto but one policemen says that goldenrod city is not available or something ..can u tell where 2 go/
The beta ends at the policeman who says "Once Lucbui gets off his lazy ass, this part of Johto will be accessible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
What a great hack, I really like how you inserted new battle backgrounds and new tiles.
I think you should change the sprites of Pokémon too, this hack would be more great.
Anyways, good luck with this, don't abandon it!
I'm planning on it, but its hard resizing two-frame animations from HGSS. ChaosRush has alot of good sprites, but they're only one frame, because s/he's hacking Ruby, and has no need for two-frames. I have to make a choice between crappy sprites and nice animations, or nice sprites and no animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lit000 View Post
Wait...
Was there no MASTERBALL or I was just missing something?
You're missing something.

Old September 3rd, 2013 (01:39 PM).
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Alright, after a bit of trouble I finally got this hack up and playing. Even though I just started the game I didn't encounter any black screen/minimal walking combo from the get-go so I assume things are clear on that front.

As it turns out, it was the rom I was using that couldn't make it work ahaha. Looking forward to playing this.
Old September 3rd, 2013 (02:40 PM).
chaos_envoys

@lucbui the legit mew is at level 50 right? Mine is at 45.. Its level were 45 when I caught it..

Old September 3rd, 2013 (03:35 PM).
redriders180

Quote:
@lucbui the legit mew is at level 50 right? Mine is at 45.. Its level were 45 when I caught it..
Yeah, all the legendaries are Level 50. At least, all of them so far. But I believe the Mew you battle at the culmination of the story is level 45.

Old September 4th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
lit000

hmm.. May I ask about the location of that master ball?
I really haven't missed anything in my adventure,
I always talk to people, get all items, clear every route,

The only thing I did not finish was the beta tester's dojo in the city where the 8th gym is.
I've just finished the victory road and now about to face the elite4.
Old September 4th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lit000 View Post
hmm.. May I ask about the location of that master ball?
I really haven't missed anything in my adventure,
I always talk to people, get all items, clear every route,

The only thing I did not finish was the beta tester's dojo in the city where the 8th gym is.
I've just finished the victory road and now about to face the elite4.
It's on a table in Fusion Labs.

Old September 4th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
Lucra

Nature: Jolly
Lv 15 luxio with superpower and T-bolt.
I like competition but a lv 12 (beat) chickorita beat a lv 15 luxio with superpower...
Why can't nobody make a regular hack with a better storyline and new pokemon with new moves ETC. instead of lv 15 Superpower bullshananigans..
Old September 4th, 2013 (12:55 PM).
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucra View Post
Lv 15 luxio with superpower and T-bolt.
I like competition but a lv 12 (beat) chickorita beat a lv 15 luxio with superpower...
Why can't nobody make a regular hack with a better storyline and new pokemon with new moves ETC. instead of lv 15 Superpower bullshananigans..
Well Gym Leaders aren't supposed to be a walk in the park...They got the position by being strong, of course. I'm sorry to hear that my hack isn't easy enough for you.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links