The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

View Poll Results: Which game was better?
I have played both, and I pick Colosseum 26 38.81%
I have played both, and I pick XD: Gale of Darkness 27 40.30%
I have only played one, and I pick Colosseum 6 8.96%
I have only played one, and I pick XD: Gale of Darkness 5 7.46%
Neither 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM
PatrickZ

For me, I would have to say Colosseum. XD was the first one I played, but I don't like the fact that you spend almost 1/4 of the game on Citadark Isle alone. Plus, Colosseum had a better choice of Pokemon IMO, and the ending was challenging.

You?
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
I always liked Colosseum a bit more because of the original storyline, and the legendary beast being obtainable. XD had a bit more of a selection however.

Old July 25th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Played and finished both.
I liked Colosseum more because of Wes & Rui and 'cause you had both Espeon and Umbreon from the start while in XD you could only have one.
Also because of availability of legendary beasts as they could have been used in game storyline.
This was missing in XD where XD001 and legendary birds were at possession of the last boss so you couldn't pretty much use them... :/
But XD001 was the main reason why I liked XD as well but Colosseum is better imo.
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:31 AM
joycerodgridue

Send a message via AIM to joycerodgridue Send a message via Skype™ to joycerodgridue
Played only Colosseum and yes as said above liked the storyline. kept us in game all the time.
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:32 AM
PervertedPikachu
Drink my tears, or something

Nature: Quiet
Colosseum had:
-Better characters with Wes and Rui.
-A very gripping storyline from the word go. It really was amazing the first time you played it.
-Espeon AND Umbreon were better starters. You also start a bit higher leveled so less grind time.
-A more mature theme overall good for teens/adults, XD seems more watered down and focusing on children.

XD had:
-Better graphics and animations
-More Shadow moves
-More Shadow and wild Pokemon!
-Anything you want bby girl
-New locations and characters

I've only played Colosseum so i'm obviously biased but I think Colosseum looks like a better package overall, the setting, theme and story were nailed perfectly, I loved every second, XD still looks good with some gameplay tweaks and decent story but Colosseum all the way bby!
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:13 AM
IcyFlame
icebreaker

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to IcyFlame
I choose the colossum it has awsome and cool to be in
Old August 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM
PokeHacks11

I prefer Pokemon XD because you can catch Lugia.
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I was glad to see the return of Miror B. in XD! Both games are nice, but there is more variety of locations in XD. With the coastal town, ect. Additionally, I like how I was able to choose which path of evolution for my Eevee, and that I didn't have two eeveelutions. I mean, I love my Vaporeon! Though the wild pokemon encounters were limited, it at least existed, plus you can catch a FLYGON! And, generally XD offered more pokemon to obtain. However, Colosseum offered a bit more as far as the storyline. At the end of the day, Pokemon is about Pokemon, and XD appealed more to me in selectivity aforementioned.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I'll go with Colo, even if XD had more to do, more to snag, the Battle Sims and so forth. Colo just had more going for it with johto starters and a more interesting protagonist and the like. I suppose I am a bit biased, but oh well. It is an opinion poll. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I am gonna have to go with Colo, I never finished XD. I don't even remember how far I got in XD.
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
PatrickZ

cool to read your thoughts. THanks for the replies
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
I have both, I have played both, and I like both, so I'm not sure why that wouldn't be a problem to have as a poll choice. :s

But I guess I could say I liked XD more because it has a wider variety in many ways, especially for the Shadow Pokémon..
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

Nature: Relaxed
There are pros and cons to each, and my preference is kind of biased because I played it first, but I'll have to go with XD. I guess I just became a spoiled brat with the purification machine doing all the work for me without needing to carry around all the shadow Pokemon throughout my entire journey, as well as the Orre Colosseum at the end of the game for an added challenge.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
I have only played Colosseum. It was fun for what it was. Gale of Darkness looked too similar to catch my interest, so I never picked it up.
Old August 27th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I've played both Colosseum first and then XD and I gotta say as much as I love them both it has to be Colosseum for me.

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Flushed
down the drain.

Nature: Careful
Both were pretty amazing. I enjoyed the mechanical aspects of XD more, i.e. the battling and shadow mechanics, not to mention the graphics. But as said by many others, Colosseum had some dynamic characters and storylines. Overall XD wins, but not by much.
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Microchip55
I'm a crumb.

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
Colosseum had:
-Better characters with Wes and Rui.
-A very gripping storyline from the word go. It really was amazing the first time you played it.
-Espeon AND Umbreon were better starters. You also start a bit higher leveled so less grind time.
-A more mature theme overall good for teens/adults, XD seems more watered down and focusing on children.

XD had:
-Better graphics and animations
-More Shadow moves
-More Shadow and wild Pokemon!
-Anything you want bby girl
-New locations and characters

I've only played Colosseum so i'm obviously biased but I think Colosseum looks like a better package overall, the setting, theme and story were nailed perfectly, I loved every second, XD still looks good with some gameplay tweaks and decent story but Colosseum all the way bby!
Basically, what he said ^ haha
I liked both but I played Colesseum first and loved it.
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
XD: Gale of Darkness was poorly made.. I bought it for my Gamecube in grade 6. Honestly it was the most disappointing thing I had ever played. The whole storyline in general was completely awful. Colosseum for sure.

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old September 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Paige Berlitz
HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY

Nature: Naughty
I played both of them and I like them both the same.
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:37 AM
PhoenixSoul
I gain strength from my ashes

Nature: Brave
I played them both but I have to say Colosseum appealed to me more for it's storyline and pokemon selection. Plus two Eevee evolutions are always better than one.
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Itcheeee

Played both but never completed XD, so far. I read XD was literally build on top of Colosseum (like, an official hack ) and in some ways improved some of Colo's functions (Shadow moves, purifying, ect). Colo had a darker, more mature tone. Grateful they made XD though, for obtaining more Pokemon for 3rd gen games.

Old September 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I've played a little bit of Colloseum, so I can't fully judge. However, from what I have played, XD >>>>>>>>>
Old October 18th, 2013, 03:46 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Nature: Modest
I have played both games and I like XD Gale of Darkness more than Colosseum.. Mainly because there are less annoying parts in the game imo (no one is following you around, and the starter Pokemon of G/S/C took waaaayyy too long to get etc.).

Somehow I liked the "snag-able Pokemon" in XD better than those in Colosseum. One downside however was that the MasterBall glitch in XD was solved, and in Colosseum still works though

Signature made by: © She_Delphox
Friend Safari: Electric | Pikachu / Electrode / Luxio | Friend Code: 1134-7011-4017
*Feel free to add my Friend Code, when you do please PM me with yours so we can help each other out!
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Delphox View Post
I have played both games and I like XD Gale of Darkness more than Colosseum.. Mainly because there are less annoying parts in the game imo (no one is following you around, and the starter Pokemon of G/S/C took waaaayyy too long to get etc.).
Rui following Wes was the cutest thing in Colosseum :D
Old October 19th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Rui following Wes was the cutest thing in Colosseum :D
Haha yeah, that's true. I kind of like XD better, though. The wild spots, though annoying, was at least an improvement. I mean, stealing Pokémon from trainers is cool and somewhat justified because they're shadow Pokémon, but I don't want to say that I became a great trainer by stealing others' Pokémon. Aaand Cipher and Lugia were pretty cool, too.

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links