The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:51 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Oh, hey. New members. Welcome, folks. : )

Also, I was able to try out Lost World 3DS at PAX AUS just yesterday. Rest assured guys, it plays out really nicely. It's weird to get into at first, but that's only for a little while. It's pretty easy to get into the flow, and when you do, it's a lot of fun. : D
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Skalla
Drama Queen

Nature: Sassy
User: Skalla
Favourite Sonic character: Sonic

Whats your favourite Sonic game?
Hard to say, but I would have to say Unleashed because it does plenty of things right. (although I won't deny it completely fails from a gameplay standpoint)

What Sonic game do you think is overrated?

Sonic Adventure 2, its a complete piece of garbage. It fails on everything from gameplay to story, tone, levels, design, art direction, characters, environments, and it also kicked off Sonic's downfall. Even the music for the most part was forgettable. I hate absolutely everything it stands for and no one will change my opinion, and to this day no one has given me 1 decent defence for the game other than Shadow, Chao Garden and Nostalgia. Most of this games' fans have praised it as being influential and being the last good Sonic game, but in reality its one of the terrible ones.

Have you watched Eddie Lebron's Sonic film?

NEVER AGAIN.

Whats your favourite Sonic song?

So many good ones to choose from...I can't pick one!

[/CENTER][/COLOR]
Is currently playing:
Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Pokemon Y

Old July 24th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, Classic Shadow, Elija, and Skalla!

Classic Shadow, have you read the comics where Shadow and Metal Sonic interact? Pretty cool, I'd have to say. :)

Elija, why wouldn't Black Doom count? :P Though, I'm curious as to why you're interested in him. What do you like about him?

Ryukaa, good to hear! I don't quite like playing on the 3DS though, if the few minutes playing a display 3DS at Walmart counts. I'd prefer getting the console version, if I get a Wii-U... Alas!

Skalla, I'm sure I spent 100+ hours goofing off in the Chao Garden. It's not for everyone, though, yeah. I couldn't wait for the Treasure Hunting stages to end. :/ That's about the only issue I had with Sonic Adventure 2. I'd like to play Unleashed, but I've only seen the demo and have watched a Let's Play etc of it.

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Elija, why wouldn't Black Doom count? Though, I'm curious as to why you're interested in him. What do you like about him?
Thanks for the welcome. ^ω^ Well, I was kinda unsure if the question implied main characters or not. Also, I'm generally pulled in by "cleanse the earth" sorta characters. Such as what he says in the opening scene in The Last Way. While I'm sure what he said was just to toy with our heroes, it's still an idea that I'm constantly reminded of.. Not to be pessimistic, but that is human nature.
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

Nature: Bold
username: Ashketchum24
Favorite sonic characters: sonic,silver
who is your favorite villain?: it has to be metal sonic because of reading the comics and play sonic heroes he has to be my favorite villain because of his appearance and personality

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
New joiner here
Username: AnonygooseD
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic & Tails

Am I the only one here who joined for being a fan of the Anime? I don't really play many Sonic games but I watched Sonic Adventure & Sonic X & I liked both each for separate reasons...
So do you guys mind if I suggested a new topic?
My topic would be about Eggman, did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?

Last edited by AnonygooseD; August 5th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:43 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
Username:
ErikaInRainbowCity

Favorite Sonic Character(s):
Amy (depending on the incarnation), Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and Rouge

Favorite Sonic Video Game?:
Sonic Adventure 2.. because aside from Pokemon that was pretty much my entire childhood.

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

*cricket chirps* Is it normally so quiet here? e.o Anyways, during Sonic Boom, a dubbed cutscene was shown as well as a trailer with some added scenes. Any thoughts to these clips? I for one am surprised it's Sonic who screws it all up and sets the creatures loose, and not Eggman. (Btw, anybody here who also went to Sonic Boom? It was great being there ;D Just wondering if anybody else from PC went too.)
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:33 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
Yeah, it's normal for this place to be quiet, elija... though given all that's been going on the past month or so, it's WAY too quiet O_O

So, at SoS this year, Sonic Paradox showed off thier sequel to Seaside Denied- METROPOLIS MAYHEM!

More Tails abuse, Tails "accidentally" gets revenge, more Chaos Cosplay! And Cream is apparently a pervert... And was that a sequel hook at the end? 83

Song link: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/546951 Of course, the video has WAY more content than the mp3.

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old August 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, Ashketchum24, AnonygooseD, and ErikaInRainbowCity! Ah, apologies for the quietness, folks! While there are a handful of fans here, and we can have club-related emblems... I've been busy for the most part. :( Maybe I'll need a few hands to come up with events, if you want them. Discussions are fine too!

Am I the only one here who joined for being a fan of the Anime?
I've seen all of Sonic X and an episode or two of the older series. I liked watching Sonic X as a child, but it's kind of corny sometimes. :D I guess nothing is as wonderful when watching as a child, hm?

Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?
I like him when he's not bumbling around like a buffoon. It was funny in Colors, okay in Generations, and now I'm kind of exhausted to see that behavior in Lost World. He's more villainous and threatening when he's a menace, for me, haha.

Anybody go to Sonic Boom or watch a Livestream of the event? If you can't attend events, would you like to?
I forgot all about it this year! Usually, I check fansites like TSSZ or Sonic Stadium to keep myself updated with Lost World. I'd love to attend events - I've played Generations well before it became available as a demo. That wasn't a Sonic-related event, though. I need a reason to wear my Sonic hat again. :P

Surprised that Sonic's rashness is what caused those yetis to break Eggman's control. :O It makes more sense now knowing they have to work together then.

Old August 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

Quote:
Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?
I like Eggman as Robotnik, but I do prefer him more as the modern Eggman. By that I mean where he poses as comic relief and doubles as a serious threat. Sorta like he was in Colors and Unleashed (at least that's how I thought of him :3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-Insanity View Post
Yeah, it's normal for this place to be quiet, elija... though given all that's been going on the past month or so, it's WAY too quiet O_O
I know right.. With all the stuff announced for SLW, I'm surprised... Speaking of which, earlier it was announced that the European pre-orders will feature some exclusive stages and bosses from NiGHTS Into Dreams. I believe this will get to be a DLC add-on and Europe chose to make it a pre-order bonus, what do you think about this addition?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/21...nights-series/
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Apparently North America is getting the Preorder DLC as well... and it'll be available through everyone.

I'm kind of upset about this only being on WiiU though, as I simply can't justify buying a console for ONE game just yet, especially since the 3ds DOES still get the game sans that DLC... which sucks, cuz the 3DS CAN have DLC!

I haven't watched any of the trailers except the latest one, since I wanna avoid spoilers, but woah, did I see a BOMB Wisp!? And apparently there's a world map... looks cool. and apparently Wiiverse functions... not sure if I'm crazy about that...

Outlinks:

Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
HearttheWolf
Likes the Rule Book

Username:HearttheWolf
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Gonna be different here and say Fleetway Super Sonic, and Shard the Metal Sonic. *major comic fan*

"Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?"

Eggman has become a joke in all senses of the word in the gaming world. Like, he's ALWAYS betrayed by his own creatons, and even when he does accomplish SOMETHING (Like, taking control of Tails in Colours) it's short-lived. Sure, that's kinda the point, but it seems he's always the butt of all the jokes -- and even Sonic lampshades it in Generations! ("Really, we beat him every time")

However, I absolutely love how he's portrayed in the Archie comics (And in the fleetway comics, but that's rather obscure). He actually IS insane, brutal, and dark. And not just trying (and failing) to be. The fight with Eggman is an ongoing battle there (like a war), and not just Eggman's Robot/Evil Deity of the Day.

Eggman in the games:

Orbot: So, what are we going to do today Doctor?

Eggman: Same thing we do every day Orbot... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

*phew* and there's my rant for the afternoon.

"Anybody go to Sonic Boom or watch a Livestream of the event? If you can't attend events, would you like to?"
No, I couldn't go this year .... But I'm already making plans to go to Summer of Sonic next year!

Just gonna throw this one in here because Sonic X was brought up earlier.

Dark Super Sonic. 'Nough said.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Welcome, HearttheWolf! 8D

On the topic of Eggman, now I wonder: What would happen if Eggman DID suceed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?

Spoiler:
This was meant to be the sequel hook for Sonic Chronicles, but they never made a sequel because Chronicles was horrible...

I for one would love to see such a premise... it would make Eggman less of a joke, and present a different angle on the whole "Sonic VS Eggman" deal. We DID get to finally see "Eggmanland" in Sonic Unleashed after about... what, almost a decade?

Outlinks:

Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, HearttheWolf! Nice to see a huge comic fan here. :) I've only read a few, but they were pretty amazing. This is the first time I've heard of Shard, though. Ooo yeah Dark Super Sonic was rad, even if he only had a few seconds of screen time.

Pre-order DLC already? New stages and bosses revealed? That trailer looks great. Shame I don't have anyone to play the co-op with me if I get it. 8D; I still doubt I'll get a WiiU for one or two games (new Smash Bros). I only got a few games for my Wii, and I don't want to buy a fairly wasteful purchase again.

What would happen if Eggman DID succeed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?
Wouldn't Eggman win if Sonic didn't break his control on the Deadly Six? Aww now I would pay to see that kind of ending. Lost World would be Lost World, yeah! Game over! Eggman should first avoid using gods/monsters to do his bidding.

Also, I'm happy to share with you all that we have a new co-owner now, Artificial-Insanity! Congrats!

Old August 23rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

Quote:
What would happen if Eggman DID succeed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?
Wouldn't Eggman win if Sonic didn't break his control on the Deadly Six? Aww now I would pay to see that kind of ending. Lost World would be Lost World, yeah! Game over! Eggman should first avoid using gods/monsters to do his bidding.
Well, as much as I would love to see that kinda ending, it kinda wouldn't be Sonic's game anymore, eh?
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

SONIC SHORTS VOLUME 8 YES!

Okay, woulda been a bit funnier if a couple of the shorts in there weren't already out there but... oh well. I can't really say much without spoiling it, so, just watch it! 8D

Outlinks:

Old August 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
HearttheWolf
Likes the Rule Book

For one, thank you for all the warm welcomes ^.^ You know, even though I started off with an extreme rant.

@TwilightBlade The comics are amazing (I'll probably be referancing them a lot), and you should really go read about Shard. XD He's the first Metal Sonic ever built (like the one from Sonic CD), and he's now reformed to the good side x3. Now he's in a group called 'The Secret Freedom Fighters'.....

I'll stop now before I start fangirling even more.

*ahem*

I have been waiting For a game with that concept. I really, really, really want the heroes to loose for once. Like, for once, Sonic has to retreat and watch what happens when he fails.
(I'd like to direct you all to Archie Sonic comics #175, 176, and 177)

I also love the concept of Sonic himself turning to be the villian and his friends have to stop Sonic himself. (Which is why I like Dark Super Sonic and Fleetway Super Sonic). They were going the right way for that with the werehog.. but they fell short and made Sonic retain his personality (I have this whole theory about dark, light, and neutral chaos energy). I think they could have done so much more with that.

Last edited by HearttheWolf; September 1st, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM
kuzronk
It's gonna get a little weird,Gonna get a little wild.

Username: kuzronk
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Tails or Amy
Answer a Discussion Topic (What do you think about Sonic's appearance in Wreck-It-Ralph or about the movie in general?): I found it pretty good and unique. Sonic's cameo reminded me of Sonic Sayz from The adventures of sonic the headhog.

Old August 30th, 2013, 08:58 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Hey ya'll, I've been away for a while; time to kick butt down in....wait sorry

I've been off this site for a quite a bit (two months exactly) due to personal and family issues. Of course, there's a new Sonic game making rounds called Sonic Lost World. So far previews have been positive; I wanna know what's your current opinion(s) on what has been so far.
Old September 1st, 2013, 05:35 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

No worries, ChaosSonic, it can happen to anyone. x3
Also, welcome, kuzronk! =D

I know this is sudden, but since it's Labor Day weekend, I suddenly feel like doing a stream of Sonic Adventure 2 HDPC tomarrow. (That's Sept 2nd) Say, around 3pm EST? Link to my Twitch is in my sig.
I have a special surprise planned, but I won't say what it is. xP

Outlinks:

Old September 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, kuzronk!

ChaosSonic, no worries. Life responsibilities and happiness come before a forum. You take it easy. Things have been rather slow here.

You know, I still haven't watched Wreck-it Ralph. What's wrong with me, lazy me, haha. I heard it was really good. If I had the time and folks have a heads up about the event a week+ before it happens, we could host a watching/livestreaming party. >.<

How about topics in the meantime?

Any moments in the series (including games, comics, movies, cartoons) that evoked an emotional response from you?

What is your favorite idle animation from any character?

Old October 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
gokaiblue

Nature: Calm
Username: gokaiblue
Favorite Sonic character(s): Sonic and Tails.
Topic: My initial impressions of Sonic Lost Works had me wishing the game was out sooner so I could play it sooner. In other words, I love it!
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:10 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Welcome, gokaiblue!

I know how you feel, and since I live in NA, I have to wait an extra 10 days to play the game! >.<
Which means, and extra 10 days to have to avoid spoilers! GAH! D8

Say, has anyone here ever done any Sonic Roleplaying? be it, as official characters, or fan-characters?

I for one, have, with my friend irl. We've got a good mish-mosh of the official characters, fan-characters, original characters, and some hybrids even o.o
We're never consistent either, always making newer and "better" stories, and returning to older ones to revise them, ect.
One of the constants is the focus on the "Chaos Rings" and the world of "Catatonia", which is basically a twin-world to Mobius. Our stories also have a heavy focus on the use of magic. Also, various different Anime/game Worlds come into play (ie: FMA, Naruto, the Majokai from Ojamajo Doremi, and even My Little Pony, and some trace amounts of Kingdom Hearts)
We've done a whole bunch of whacky things in our stories, including some stuff you'd expect only from crackfics... o.o

---
And also, I've been busy, moving house, and making time for friends and family... right now I'm in the process of finding a job, so it's been hectic! ^.^'

Outlinks:

Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
so reviews for Lost World have been...middling at best. I still have the game pre ordered despite the underwhelming reviews, hopefully it's a case of Sonic Bias....

Sponsored Links