The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old August 5th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid

Advertise here
I have finished and stuffy stuff.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Okay, Ichiro/Miltank, I'll review those when timeallows! (Probably tonight)

And theres no rush to finish guys, just make sure you renew any reservations if needed!

Also Ichiro, thanks for catching that, I don't know what I was thinking when I put mind reading on there twice :p

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Hey Lt. I need to put my reservation on hold. I'm gonna be gone for a day or two and I won't be able to finish my SU.
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Okay, Hereto has renewed his reservation, yes? Two more days to finish or renew again!

And sorrrry retro, I didn't see that you had finished yet. I'll read yours as well

Okay, RetroBug and Ichiro are accepted! Even though you guys skipped the RP Sample...(but its okay I've seen your styles :P)

Miltank, your sign up looks good, except that our characters don't actually get their powers until the rp starts. They get them around the time we enter the Tangent Universe, which should be the second or third post for everybody. And you don't have to be so weak with your power, you can have him be able to...say, create a small flame like a match when he snaps his fingers. Besides that, you're all set!

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; August 5th, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:25 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Oops. My bad, sorry about that. Going to edit it naww.

EDIT: Done.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old August 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Okay! Miltank is accepted!

Elite, unfortunately your Eservation is expired. Wanna renew it?

and Kiklion requested a renewal via skype so she has a few more days.

Old August 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

asdfghjk yes! Just now I got enough inspiration to work on her history/appearance/personality fields xD So if you do renew it I'll love you forever :3

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old August 6th, 2013, 02:48 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to drop my reservation. I simply can't think of an inspiration for a character.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Okay Elite, you're all set for another two days!

And I'm sorry to hear that Heretostay, come back if you change your mind!

Old August 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Hm. Actually, if you don't mind. I'd like to withdraw, given how you already have 4 finished SUs and mine's just holding the others back until I finish it -which admittedly would take me awhile- so, yeah.

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
DeuceClubs
Boom Shakalaka

Nature: Relaxed
Is it possible to reserve me? I'm willing to take the last spot! <3 Oh it looks oh so good

I am done. Enjoy~

Name: Loraine Roxanne Zamora
Home: Downtown

Starting Power: Hydrokinesis. As far as limits go, the most she can ever do is move and control a cup of glass worth of water. Anything more would seem to hard for her to accomplish. Otherwise, she can move water out of anything, meaning she can instantly become dry after the shower. She's also able to lower or increase the temperature, but she's not good enough with that to be able to boil a cup of ramen in an instant... it takes too long with the current ability. She might as well put real boiling water and let it sit, and it would still go much faster.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Lora stands at 5 foot and five inches with pale skin and a slender body. Unfortunately she doesn't have much "bust" but manages to compensate for that thanks to her skinny body, although she doesn't care much about it anyway. She sports messy blonde hair whose bangs are held in place by hairclips. To the side her hair is cut just above her shoulders, but the very back is long enough to reach her elbows. One feature that catches everybody's attention are her odd colored eyes; one blue and the other green. It's thanks to this that most of the time she covers her blue eye with her bangs and reveals her green eye, which she prefers.

She always wears her black shoulder-less, long-sleeved top with a white ribbon tied around her neck, gracefully falling down. The top also has white fur at the end of the sleeves. Her faded denim skinny jeans are just beginning to rip at the knees, which Lora likes as fashion. As shoe wear goes, she wears black shoes with huge tongues. The bottom part of her skinny jeans disappear under the black shoes, which match with her black top.

Personality:
Spoiler:
Loraine is a smart, graceful, athletically- talented girl. Cool if not chilly, her posture can even be seen in her personality. She's very independent and prefers to act alone in fear of others judging her reasons for her actions. Despite this, she isn't negative at all, and doesn't mind a chat. She tends to keep her opinions to herself, but when asked, she's brutally honest about it.

Friends are precious to her, but doesn't seem to have or maintain any since nobody really gets to know her. She hides her feelings by acting serious and melancholic, and doesn't spew them unless they're extreme. When by herself, she talks to herself and reveals her emotions. Fortunately she believes in herself and others, and is always confident to do the right thing. People mistake her actions as rude or for her own good, but in reality they're not. Every action she takes is for the sake of someone else. Lora has her own ways of showing affection and protecting others, and if somebody pays close attention to the effects of her actions, they would notice she has nothing to gain from it but the happiness of the other person.

Once somebody manages to be considered a friend, she opens up more and very loyal. She's, in truth very quick to react and quite stubborn. Once she starts something, she'll do her best to finish it. Also she doesn't have much sense of humor, and takes everything very seriously. Grudges to her don't exist, thinking it's worthless and just leaves it go. Even so, to her, she doesn't trust anybody until she gets to know them very well. Lora manages to somehow remember details others would otherwise surpass, and has a very good memory to add to that.

History:

Spoiler:
Loraine was born to a poor family in Wisconsin. As the oldest, she tried her best to take care of her younger brother and sister. However, as the years passed, her parents started to favor one of them in particular. That would be her youngest brother, Allen. Her sister was diagnosed with Cancer at a very young age, 6, causing the family stress. Lora was the only one who seemed to have hope for her recovering, but her parents and brother said there was no hope. Thinking they were cold, she started to raise money via cutting lawns, walking dogs, and doing chores for the neighbors. This kept going for three years until she turned 15, when her sister passed away without warning. This greatly affected her, and demanded an explanation as to why she was never told she was going to die. That's when her brother, Allen has spilled it and said she could have been saved if transferred to a different Hospital a few states away. They had the money, and that's when Loraine's anger snapped. She began to have severe arguments with her parents, and ignored her brother all the time since he was favored for his good looks.

By the time she had turned 16, she had a good friend tell her she was moving to a place called Fromville. Seeing this as an opportunity to run away, she demanded her grandparents to force her parents to let her move in with her friend. After a long conversation, she managed to convince them, and thus they convinced her own parents. What caused her pain was the fact they agreed with no problem. No "buts" or whys," just "ok." With that in mind, she left with her best friend to this new city, where she settled in the downtown area in an Apartment. Inside she managed to learn Spanish, since her friend was a Mexican afterall, and drastically changed her appearance so she wouldn't be reminded of her mother. She cut her hair in an odd fashion, used clips on one side of her hair and let the other cover her blue eye, started wearing dark clothes instead of brighter ones, and began to close off her heart to anybody.

Eversince she had found work at the Postal Office, delivering mail via bike to every house, she began to prefer using bikes than walking around. She wants to be much more in life, but what else could she ask for? Another friend seemed nice, since her friend is studying to be a nurse and barely has time to hang out or anything, causing Lora to be awfully depressed and gloomy the last few months.

Other: Theme Song- Cosmic Love by Florence & the Machine

Roleplay Sample: It's not very long, but have a look c:

Spoiler:
Her hands and legs felt the velvet fabric underneath them, causing her to roll over. Groaning, she refused to wake up. Sure, it was Monday, but who wanted to work in a Monday? Nobody, that's who. Unfortunately she needed the money, and Lora forced herself to sit up. Rubbing her eyes, the sound of the radio caused her to turn. Her friend, Liza, was listening the news.

The teen stood up and changed, brushing her hair while doing so. As she did this, Liza changed the station to see if anything good was on. Unfortunately there was nothing.

"What time is it?" Lora mumbled, putting on her clips and fixing her shoes. Her friend checked the time.

"Noon." The blondie sighed, seeing as how she didn't have time to stop by a restaurant and get a quick meal. In a hurry, she rushed out and didn't bother to say anything to her friend. Jumping on her bike, she was surprised to see people already outside.

"Great," she mumbled. She takes out a piece of gum, throws it into her mouth, fixes her hair, and starts racing down the street. Avoiding every obstacle in sight, she started to think about what she might be doing today. Last time she was handing out yellow phone books, and hasn't finished... so perhaps that would be her task now? Whatever it is, she hopes to meet somebody new. Then again, she's said that for the last few months and nothing good has ever happened. Nobody bothers to leave their house and tell her "hi!" or any of the sort. Of course she may reply back with a simple wave and that's it, but at least she'll remember the person and thank them later on for giving her the attention nobody else ever does.

Ten minutes had passed by the time she had reached work. It was the same routine after that; talk to the workers, get her task of the day from the boss' assistant, and leave the place filled with bags of books or mail. Just as she thought, she had to finish delivering all the yellow phone books. Nobody ever uses them, or so she thinks, but who knows? As long as she's not forced to read them, she can't really hate on them... or can she?

Sitting on her bike, she heard the sound of birds flying around her. Surprised, she looked up and saw two pigeons flying side by side. For the first time in days, she burst into a smile. Watching them fly away, her heart felt a warm surge of happiness sink in. "Made my day, gladly." Filled with joy, she proceeded to rush out of her workplace and go for the first house, delivering packages and phone books.

Last edited by DeuceClubs; August 8th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Aw :( sad to see Elite leaving *tears*

And DeuceClubs aka Sign Up ninja level 4, you ae accepted!

Old August 18th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Okay guys, bear with me here. I'll get the IC thread submitted soon, probably today or tomorrow. As for being accepted...my guess is in about 4 days.

Old August 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Spoiler:
Name: Debrah Dolton
Home: Downtown

Starting Power: Superstrength

Appearance:

Personality: Debrah Dolton, also known as Debrah Dee, is a very independent woman. She doesn't like people to think she needs to be helped on every little thing, and certainly not believe someone has to take care of her. In fact, she's very opposed to the idea of every woman needing a man standing in front of her and is a devoted feminist. Debrah is very offended when these assumptions are put on her, but she's very good at proving others wrong. As a rule, Debrah Dee is only respectful to those she thinks deserves respect. She won't just give it away. Once you mess up, she's done for good. Debrah herself likes to be in control and is very good at taking it when she has the chance.

History: Debrah Dee unfortunately grew up in a family with an abusive father. Her father never touched her, only her mother, but it didn't make the situation much better. While witnessing the violence almost daily, Debrah decided for herself that she didn't want a life like that. She didn't believe her mother was strong enough and saw she would have to be the opposite. The abuse inside the house along with the abuse outside with all of the negativity towards her race, Debrah found even more resolve. She found herself agreeing wholeheartedly with some of the civil rights debates going on at the time. Decided she would help with these efforts when the day came that she could, and focused her efforts in that direction. As well, she promised to prove the gross misconceptions of her time incorrect by using herself as an example. She wanted to make herself strong, independent, and intelligent, things that weren't associated with a woman of her color.She's currently in college, though the school, of course, is not that great.

Other: no

Roleplay Sample: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry forgot to post this. Pic coming soon.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Midnight-Umbreon

Please can I reserve a spot???

Music Is The Escape
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Yes you may reserve a spot Midnight-Umbreon :)

Old August 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Midnight-Umbreon

My sign up! YAY!

Name: Kurt Wilson

Home: (Suburbs? Inner City Area/Downtown? College Dorm?) In the inner city in a basic house

Occupation: (Job, student, etc. If none leave blank) Meant to be in full time education, but rarely attends school

Starting Power: Aerokinesis the power to control the wind and air. And to be able to eventually with practise create gust of winds. That's sort of it

Appearance: (Bodily appearance as well as clothing. One or two paragraphs should do it. Picture not required but accepted and appreciated.)
Jet black hair and bright blue eyes. His hair is spiked and some covers a large majority of his face. He has a black leather jacket which he usually has done up, and always wears a dark top. He also wears tight black jeans which are old and a bit tattered and wears his dads old army boots. He is quite skinny, and average height for his age. And does not tan at all so is quite pale. He has a nose stud on his left side and a lip Ring on his right. (I'll draw a picture later)

Personality: (Attitude? Issues? Flaws? Strengths? Mental stability? 1-2 paragraphs.)
He has an attitude problem. He isn't antisocial but has a problem getting on with people. Despite looking quite weak he will and does pick fights with people. He isn't very motivated, and doesn't tend to put 100% effort in anything he does. He is prone to cause trouble. He has trouble trusting people. As much as his personality is real and true it is like a hard outer shell. As Kurt can be reall caring and considerate. He is very artistic and is a skilled drawer.

History: (Brief history. Tell how your character came to live in Fromville, and anything important to your character's past. Two paragraphs.)
Kurt was born the youngest of two siblings with a sister Abbey who was 6 years older then him. His dad is in the army, and Kurt hardly sees him. His parents split up when Kurt was 4. His mother blamed Kurt saying her relationship was fine till he was born. When Kurt was 8 he started spending a lot of time wandering the streets and ending up hanging out with a group of much older teenagers. And took advantage of Kurts size and age to help them steak stuff from local shops as no one would suspect him. It was during this time he gained his personality. When he was 10 he picked a fight with the oldest person in the group (a large 18 year old) for labelling him as weak and worthless. Obviously Kurt had no chance but put up a good fight, he was really battered. He was incredibly close to his sister, who after the fight patched up Kurt and would comfort him. He gained an interest in drawing then when watching Abbey who taught him. He spent many happy hours drawing with her. However Abbey was unhappy at home and was desperate to leave. And when Kurt was 12 his sister ran away, with no trace. Apart from a note Kirt found under his pillow which said ; I'm sorry I have to go, but this just isn't right for me. Hopefully you'll understand when you are older. But for now, be good. And I'll see you again one day.
Kurt keeps the note with him at all time. As he got older he gained more respect with the group he had hung out with since he was 8, but would still pick fights. His leather jacket was given to him when he was 14 when one of the group members 'Acquired' it for himself but was too small. After he turned 16 his mum moved to Fromville with Kurt. He despises his mum for that as he had to leave his friends and all he knew. He always skipped school so wasn't very smart, he hopes his art will bring him somewhere. He hopes to become a tattooist.

Other: (anything else) He sometimes has random waves of anger and will lash out.

Roleplay Sample: (Just a link to a previous post is fine, or a newly written post featuring your character's everyday life is FANTASTIC.) http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302036

Music Is The Escape
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Umbreon, I will review your Sign up soon, I'm kinda busy tonight (Band practice+calculus homework) I did a brief scan of it and it seems good, but I'd like to take a closer look before I accept you!

aaaaaaaaaaaaand

Okay guys, the IC is up (rather quickly if I must say) and we can start our first posts!

Your First Post is just going to be a little insider to the daily lives of our characters, wrapping up with them going to Chi Chi's Bar. You can go inside, order something, whatever. Anyone can go along with you (family members, NPC friends, etc) as long as you don't have a whole block party going in :) Once inside, it will only have the other roleplayers (who posted before you) along with an older, Hispanic man in a red cap, red apron, and blue polo behind the bar (Chi Chi) I will be writing and posting mine shortly if time permits, as well as a little blueprint-style map of the joint.

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
If it's fine, I'll have Niccolo come out backstage with his band and start playing some rock 'n roll songs. I'll have them leave after a song.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]

Last edited by miltankRancher; August 20th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:52 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

okay Miltank! Just Know that the stage is located to the right side of the bar, opposite of the door and jukebox.

Old August 21st, 2013, 03:12 AM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Yeah, I'll get started on a post soon, just busy with uni. I'll have Geoff gradually start to steal stuff.
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:33 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Alright, some nice posts from Miltank and retro! as for everyone else, post more! :D

also, retro, I'll talk to you later about doing our jp thing

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here