• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks for the quick answer. Reason I asked is because While I was battling via Wifi, My Ungramax (Level 50 Arcanine) with 252 Speed EV and 26 Speed IV was outsped by a level 50 Mamoswine. Just wanted to double check before I scream HAX!!

Because the mamoswine attacked first, I lost the battle. If my Arcanine would have attacked first like it was supposed to, I would have won the battle.
Wasn't priority of attack the case?
Mamoswine is almost always played with Ice Shard which gets priority.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
No, my opponent used Earthquake. Earthquake has no priority bonuses. Plus Ice shard would not have 1-hit KO my Arcanine since it is resistant to ice attacks.

Years
No, my opponent used Earthquake. Earthquake has no priority bonuses. Plus Ice shard would not have 1-hit KO my Arcanine since it is resistant to ice attacks.

I guess he was using a Choice Scarf, it boosts the user's Speed but locks them into one attack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
There's a chance that the Mamoswine's stat's were hacked then,
since it was not stat boosted by items, baton pass and by itself.

I don't think that's the case. Juxapose previously said that his Arcanine had a 26 Speed IV. The opposing Mamoswine could have had a perfect Speed IV, with max EVs, allowing it to outspeed Arcanine.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I don't think that's the case. Juxapose previously said that his Arcanine had a 26 Speed IV. The opposing Mamoswine could have had a perfect Speed IV, with max EVs, allowing it to outspeed Arcanine.

Don't worry I said there's a chance!;)

Though you might be right!

Comparison of stat by Speed,

• Mamoswine in Speed IV 31
  • Mamoswine in Speed boosting nature + full EV train in Speed: 145

Ungramax's Speed IV 26
  • Arcanine in Speed boosting nature + full EV train in Speed: 158
  • Arcanine not in Speed boosting nature + but with full EV train in Speed: 144

*All in Level 50, full IV , credit: calculated with IV Calculator from serebii.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I'm pretty sure this was already asked somewhere, but I couldn't find the post that answered it.

Okay, money is starting to be an issue in my games. Services at Join Avenue, Vitamins, Full restores and other expenses have wiped me clean. Does anyone have any advice to get more.

Please no Gameshark codes or the likes.

Before anyone points at the Underwater temple and go treasure hunting, I have already done that for both my games.

Rechallenging the Elite 4 is time consuming, and it costs money unless I have a team of Level 100 Pokemon. My team is still level 85-ish, and still receive nasty damage from the Elite 4 and champion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I'm pretty sure this was already asked somewhere, but I couldn't find the post that answered it.

Okay, money is starting to be an issue in my games. Services at Join Avenue, Vitamins, Full restores and other expenses have wiped me clean. Does anyone have any advice to get more.

Please no Gameshark codes or the likes.

Before anyone points at the Underwater temple and go treasure hunting, I have already done that for both my games.

Rechallenging the Elite 4 is time consuming, and it costs money unless I have a team of Level 100 Pokemon. My team is still level 85-ish, and still receive nasty damage from the Elite 4 and champion.
Try hunting treasures in Undella Bay, PokeStudio Fans' gifts can help quite a bit, but both are quite time consuming as well.

Years
Here are a few ways I can think of:

-You can fight the athletes in the Nimbasa City stadiums. There are three in both, can be battled daily and with the Amulet Coin, they give over 12000P each.
-Certain trainers who can be rebattled daily, like the Striaton Trio, Colress and (in the spring) Cynthia who give lots of money.
-Casteliacones. 12 per day = 22800P from the maid on Route 5.

Just a few I can think of right away.

Years
And one Nova forgot to mention, you can also sell mineral-based items like elemental gems and evolution stones to a man in the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City. It's a postgame location though but one worth mentioning.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Awsome, thanks. Now, I REALLY want to catch an Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam. Any idea on how do I get one?

Please note that I only have White version and Black 2 version.

Years
Unfortunately, you can't. :( Unless you can get one in White Forest which requires a certain trainer there. You'll want to transfer one from Gen IV if you can.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Tell me more about this trainer you speak of.

Be note that White Forest he mentioned is from White 1 version.
Anyway your answer is: you have to invite Clerk Collin of Pokemon Black 1 version to your White 1 game,
through BW1 exclusive feature in Entralink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back