Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Reload this Page [Developing] Pokémon L.I.F.E (Card Version)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 25th, 2013 (01:45 PM).

I downloaded your game and what i noticed is that the maps seemed to be glitched, laying over each other, and i cannot see where i am going. I've gotten up to get a free butterfree but i cannot see where i am going because of other maps are being shown on the screen and not the one i am currently on.
Old August 26th, 2013 (01:32 AM).
--------------------

Quote originally posted by Katak:
I downloaded your game and what i noticed is that the maps seemed to be glitched, laying over each other, and i cannot see where i am going. I've gotten up to get a free butterfree but i cannot see where i am going because of other maps are being shown on the screen and not the one i am currently on.
I can't say I can replicate this... Maybe re-download it... Nobody has mentioned this problem before.
Does it kick up some lag before you go on to Route 01? Can you get Butterfree before the maps overlap?
Old August 26th, 2013 (03:56 AM). Edited August 26th, 2013 by lauerolus.
Blah

That the exact problem I had. A rocky map overlays on top of the opening cutscene for me and it only gets worse afterward.

I thought it was part of the modernistesque story presentation.

Old August 26th, 2013 (03:14 PM).
--------------------

Oooh, thanks Lauerolus, I know about this problem, I guess you downloaded the first one, this has been fixed with the new version, I'll remove the older download and will release the new version this week.

Would've been nice to know some of you are experiencing this... Some of the guys have and the problem was sorted, but I'm pretty sure it's the version of connections.txt, since when I save VIA editor.exe, all the PBS files mess up, mainly just connections and encounters though.

So this is my third attempt to post this message >:(
Anyway, V1 had many errors, some visible, some not, so here is V1.1.
PLEASE: Start a new game to make sure all past bugs and errors are removed.

Report any new bugs or errors or if any are still occurring.
Old August 26th, 2013 (03:50 PM).

Seriously, we have to sign up on a site to download the game? I was gonna download it, but now not so much.
Old August 27th, 2013 (07:05 AM). Edited August 27th, 2013 by Nickalooose.
--------------------

Quote originally posted by Charblade111:
Seriously, we have to sign up on a site to download the game? I was gonna download it, but now not so much.
Nobody is forcing you to do anything... Thanks for your support though... I'll remember that when I make free scripts for you to use.
Old August 27th, 2013 (08:44 AM). Edited August 27th, 2013 by Radical Raptr.
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Radical Raptr
at first I thought he meant like signing up for a download site - I refuse to do that for anyone and everyone; when I saw it was your own site, I decided to wait til I have time - I'll try it out later today and fill you in on whats up

says it appears to be malicious >.>

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old August 27th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
--------------------

Quote originally posted by Saving Raven:
at first I thought he meant like signing up for a download site - I refuse to do that for anyone and everyone; when I saw it was your own site, I decided to wait til I have time - I'll try it out later today and fill you in on whats up

says it appears to be malicious >.>
That's because the Game.exe, is a .exe file, I assure you, there is nothing wrong with it.

Old August 27th, 2013 (10:15 AM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Quote originally posted by Nickalooose:
That's because the Game.exe, is a .exe file, I assure you, there is nothing wrong with it.

well, If you say so I'll try again later! I mention it only cuz it usually doesnt happen - but it still makes sense thanks for clearing it up

Old August 28th, 2013 (01:01 PM). Edited August 29th, 2013 by Nickalooose.
--------------------

Well for some silly reason my game or RPG Maker is having a mare and wants to give me an error that Google doesn't even know:
So Unfortunately progression has ceased until I can either find a decrypter for my game or someone can help me with this error, it's mad me a little annoyed (the words I wanna use are frowned upon) but there's nothing I can do really! Sorry.
Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

So I fixed the problem myself, so I will continue, yay for me.
Old August 29th, 2013 (05:13 AM).

So I downloaded the new v1.1 and started a new game. I'm still getting the same problem as before shown in lauerolus' previous post.
Old August 29th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
--------------------

I just downloaded it 2 times, both I can play with no problems... I don't understand... I'm not sure if it's just you 2 or others aswell, since my friends around here can play with no problems either.

When I originally got that problem it was because the connections.txt was repeated but with different names and where the connections sat, thanks to the editor.exe... But it should all be fine now, it is for me.

I'll download a 3rd time using another computer and see if it may be a system or computer problem, the other computer I will use is much slower than this one, the download time will be worse than it already is... But I will come back and let you know if the problem is there then.
Old August 29th, 2013 (11:52 AM). Edited August 29th, 2013 by Radical Raptr.
#BAMFPokemonNerd

the problem happened with me too - its game breaking, I cant even play I have no idea where I am or where I'm going, and its just as bad inside the houses - also if you enter in your age and you say "no wait im lying" it still says "great" and then moves on - same thing happens if you say you're 00 age
theres also a lot - A LOT of black everywhere

also your player sprites could use a lot of work

**if it helps, I played it in the 256x192 format and it appears to be working

Old August 29th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
--------------------

Does it work when you have 256x192 resolution?
Old August 29th, 2013 (12:22 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

its also annoying to have the "poke manual" every single battle, can I turn it off?

Old August 29th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
--------------------

No you can't, however, I thought about it, but when you receive the PokéDex, it then saves the Pokémon you view.
Old August 29th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

I'm sort of confused, I got kicked out of my house I guess so I'm a hobo, it seems really weird that I just "got" a pokemon from tim, now I reached nic and he ran off and I'm a little less confused than before though still a little, mostly because I met nic and then he ran off, am I supposed to go to Prof. Oak's lab or something? I mean I guess its something to do for a hobo, but roughneck city was so annoying to get to, and not to mention the city itself is really weird - I cant enter the PC or Mart, and after leaving the house where the guy kicks you out there is a purple filter that goes over the whole screen, but once you go south down those hills to the bottom it fixes itself - also the "hill" is really weird and the town is really boring

Old August 29th, 2013 (12:46 PM).
--------------------

Lol, Roughneck City is a city that is run down, everyone is angry, some buildings in the game are locked due to time, friendships, things like that... The purple tint, I guess is meant to make the city look... Gringy... I didn't create that city myself or the events in it apart from Nic, I thought the idea was good though... But yes, you are somewhat, a "hobo", as you put it lol.

EDIT: By annoying you mean the lag, I know, I'm trying to fix it, you should've seen it a couple of months back.

You'll understand a lot more on your character and the other characters as the game progresses, the directions you should travel will always be given, you will never be left "guessing" where to travel next.
Old August 29th, 2013 (12:54 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Lol, Roughneck City is a city that is run down, everyone is angry, some buildings in the game are locked due to time, friendships, things like that... The purple tint, I guess is meant to make the city look... Gringy... I didn't create that city myself or the events in it apart from Nic, I thought the idea was good though... But yes, you are somewhat, a "hobo", as you put it lol.

EDIT: By annoying you mean the lag, I know, I'm trying to fix it, you should've seen it a couple of months back.

You'll understand a lot more on your character and the other characters as the game progresses, the directions you should travel will always be given, you will never be left "guessing" where to travel next.
oh no, the lag was very minimal, the only "lag" I saw were shaking events, such as doors or people when I was walking - the annoying part was several signs not able to be interacted with, and the high chance of running into pokemon, coupled with the constant "poke manual" and the fact i couldnt run

Old August 29th, 2013 (01:02 PM).
--------------------

What signs?
Oh yeah, I completely forgot bout running shoes... You're going to hate the bit you will get to later then... And the encounters density's are normal for Essentials, I didn't change that.

EDIT: A lot of the signs require you to actually be "looking" at them, the front of the sign.
Old August 29th, 2013 (01:24 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

ah, that was most likely my problem, I dont think I was looking straight at the signs

Old August 29th, 2013 (01:27 PM).
--------------------

Hint, think of how --->you<--- would look at things, and in some cases, think what Ash did to accomplish something in the Anime.
Old August 29th, 2013 (03:56 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Hint, think of how --->you<--- would look at things, and in some cases, think what Ash did to accomplish something in the Anime.
I like your little people player designs, if you want I can make them better - if you're interested message me, if not I'll continue sliding down the learning curve of your game

**I would like to mention I liked the pikachu lover

Old August 30th, 2013 (05:00 AM).
--------------------

Quote originally posted by Saving Raven:
I like your little people player designs, if you want I can make them better - if you're interested message me, if not I'll continue sliding down the learning curve of your game

**I would like to mention I liked the pikachu lover
Lol, thank you... I guess you didn't expect it.
Old August 31st, 2013 (08:33 AM).

I tried what Saving Raven said, and when I switched it to the smaller resolution, it did work, and switched back, it messed up again. So I'll continue in the smaller resolution till the bigger one will work.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)