The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:50 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
What do you feel about Sign-up sheets? Do you enjoy writing them? Do you read others' sign-up sheets? What style to you usually use in them, straightforward or detailed?

I prefer rather short, straightforward SU sheets, and SUs. I honestly don't like reading lengthy paragraphs about a character's personality because it most often only gets confusing. Get key features down and then expand on them to wove together a realistic person. Don't ramble on and on. :3

As for other parts, I prefer that the appearance is either a picture, or pretty detailed, or both even. Want to be able to picture a person well inside my head when I read their posts! And the history doesn't have to be a whole novel in itself, but it's preferable that it makes sense in regard to the personality.

I usually read the SUs of other people in the RPs I'm in.
paired with : abnegation
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old August 29th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I was going to answer regarding the newest topic, but RHCP basically said what I was going to say, especially about the appearance bit. The finer the detail, the better in my opinion.
Old August 29th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
What do you feel about Sign-up sheets? Do you enjoy writing them? Do you read others' sign-up sheets? What style to you usually use in them, straightforward or detailed?

I usually read other's sign-up sheets to get to know more about their characters. It's good to know who you are dealing with when you're RPing together. It's also good to know that they actually exist xD A lot of characters in RP's never or almost never interact because... I don't know. I enjoy writing them and usually try to make them look a little bit pretty d: Even thought I usually use pictures in my SU, I also describe it because it's fun.

My SU's are mostly straightforward because I can't find myself to properly read long SU's... ^^;
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:15 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Origins has one spot open. Here is the OOC with most info, and here is the IC. We've only traveled from Pewter City to route 3 and are about to arrive in the evening at a village near Mt Moon. You will be able to choose from some keywords to form your character around, and you can choose basically any pokémon you like to start with.
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
as a gm, the sign-up sheet is not a big deal for me. its the roleplay sample. as long as i know you can write good, i trust that you can keep a character in character and on track. 99% of the time, i just wanna know how old they are and what they look like. sometimes back stories if i get invested.
Old August 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
HearttheWolf
Likes the Rule Book

I dunno how much interest this will generate... But I was thinking of starting up a whodunit-type Sonic-Based rp. I already thought of the plot and the world is very thought out... Any takers? ^.^'
Old August 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
@Heart, Mind telling us something about the plot/story/world/mechanic/characters :?
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:12 PM
HearttheWolf
Likes the Rule Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
@Heart, Mind telling us something about the plot/story/world/mechanic/characters :?
Sure. Basically, the Time Eater (from Generations) wants to get revenge on Sonic's world for stealing it from it's home and causing it so much pain. So, with it's powers, it tries to destroy all time, to make the universe it's new home. But before it could complete it's goal, Time Stones stop it from destroying time fully. Now there's only some people who remain - who were protected by the Time stones. They must gather all the time stones and use them to fix time.

However, Time Eater won't give up that easily. Using some of the people it had already erased from time (Basically, all the people on Sonic's world that were 'erased' are like how Sonic's friends were before you completed a level), it sent them out to try and steal the Time Stones away.

^ That's a very short summery of the plot

How it would work is that there would be two 'teams' per-say. Those on Sonic's side who are trying to fix time, and those on the Time Eater's side who are trying to steal the Time Stones. Everyone will submit an app just describing their character (and, there will be some official characters you can be too: Sonic, Tails, Classic Tails, and Silver (Silver is more optional, the others are kinda needed)). After I have a good amount of OCs, and the needed Cannon spots are filled, I will randomly select some of the OCs to be on the Time Eater's side. There can be NO OOC discussion about who's on what side (Only those on the Time Eater's side will know who their team-mates are).
The point is for the characters to discuss amongst themselves who they believe is the Time Eater's spy(All the characters will be 'working together'). Once there characters start collecting the Time Stones, each day one of those who are siding will the Time Eater will steal a stone. The characters will then all have to choose someone who they believe is the culprit... if they guess wrong, the Time Eater gets the Stone. If they're correct, that character is freed from the Time Eater's control.
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearttheWolf View Post
Sure. Basically, the Time Eater (from Generations) wants to get revenge on Sonic's world for stealing it from it's home and causing it so much pain. So, with it's powers, it tries to destroy all time, to make the universe it's new home. But before it could complete it's goal, Time Stones stop it from destroying time fully. Now there's only some people who remain - who were protected by the Time stones. They must gather all the time stones and use them to fix time.

However, Time Eater won't give up that easily. Using some of the people it had already erased from time (Basically, all the people on Sonic's world that were 'erased' are like how Sonic's friends were before you completed a level), it sent them out to try and steal the Time Stones away.

^ That's a very short summery of the plot

How it would work is that there would be two 'teams' per-say. Those on Sonic's side who are trying to fix time, and those on the Time Eater's side who are trying to steal the Time Stones. Everyone will submit an app just describing their character (and, there will be some official characters you can be too: Sonic, Tails, Classic Tails, and Silver (Silver is more optional, the others are kinda needed)). After I have a good amount of OCs, and the needed Cannon spots are filled, I will randomly select some of the OCs to be on the Time Eater's side. There can be NO OOC discussion about who's on what side (Only those on the Time Eater's side will know who their team-mates are).
The point is for the characters to discuss amongst themselves who they believe is the Time Eater's spy(All the characters will be 'working together'). Once there characters start collecting the Time Stones, each day one of those who are siding will the Time Eater will steal a stone. The characters will then all have to choose someone who they believe is the culprit... if they guess wrong, the Time Eater gets the Stone. If they're correct, that character is freed from the Time Eater's control.
Hmm... I have this thing against playing Canon Characters in a RP. It's more personal than anything else but... wouldn't it be unfair to allow someone to fill a sign-up with already defined traits, history and appearance whilst the rest would have to come up with everything by themselves?

Alas, I suppose it could work if those taking the role of canon characters are RPers with decent skills (read: everyone around here). BUT, I do think it would cause trouble to select members of Sonic's and TEater's side at random, because people will more than likely join looking forward to join one specific side. Why not just tell them to PM you what side they want to be part of? That way only you know for sure who's in which side, yes?

The part of trying to guess who's evil sound really appealing to me :D It's like a huge Clue game :3 Was it colonel mustard with the kitchen knife in the living room at dusk? And it couldn't make up for total fun, me thinks.

So the world where this is set... Is it level based, like, Green Zone and stuff? Or original, or... :?

I think you should really pursue that RP, sound intriguing to say the least :3
Old August 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM
HearttheWolf
Likes the Rule Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
Hmm... I have this thing against playing Canon Characters in a RP. It's more personal than anything else but... wouldn't it be unfair to allow someone to fill a sign-up with already defined traits, history and appearance whilst the rest would have to come up with everything by themselves?

Alas, I suppose it could work if those taking the role of canon characters are RPers with decent skills (read: everyone around here). BUT, I do think it would cause trouble to select members of Sonic's and TEater's side at random, because people will more than likely join looking forward to join one specific side. Why not just tell them to PM you what side they want to be part of? That way only you know for sure who's in which side, yes?

The part of trying to guess who's evil sound really appealing to me :D It's like a huge Clue game :3 Was it colonel mustard with the kitchen knife in the living room at dusk? And it couldn't make up for total fun, me thinks.

So the world where this is set... Is it level based, like, Green Zone and stuff? Or original, or... :?

I think you should really pursue that RP, sound intriguing to say the least :3
Well, you don't have to play a cannon, but others might. Also, people that apply for cannon characters would probably have to prove they can actually play them. Correctly. In-Character.

For the selecting at random... you see, I actually thought of doing that 'send me a PM if you want to be a villain'... but then say... if there are five villain slots... and lets say the first six people send me a pm. I would have to tell one of them that all the slots are taken. Thus they would already know who the five are.

As for the world.. There's going to be a world based on the levels. It won't necessarily be in order. It'll be open.

Yay, I'm glad someone's interested ^.^
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:59 AM
adventure
satellite physician

So I got this idea. How many people here have played World of Warcraft? Or at least some game from the Warcraft series. Imagine a Sword Art Online-like RP set in a virtual reality World of Warcraft, and let me know what you think.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Greetings all! (Wow, I haven't been in this thread for quite some time! Working full-time overnights is dreadful!) Anyways, stopping by to say, well, I'm not dead! I just recently switched Themes to Zelda, which means...

A new Legend of Zelda RP is in the works!

I plan to take the most basic form of the story concept from Dimensional Link (my original attempt at a Zelda Journey RP) and rework it into something more manageable for me, more thought out, and more entertaining to be involved in.

Essentially, RPers will play as Hylians, Zoras, Gerudo, Twilit, Gorons, Kokiri, and more. These characters are pulled from their own lives into the past, to band together and take on Ganon in the "Hero Falls" timeline, where Link (assumedly from Ocarina of Time) was defeated in his quest. It will be all about Journey, Survival, Improvement as a Character, and the Difficulties of working with a team; each and every one of these characters must learn to create their own courage to take on what lies ahead.

Anyone interested in this? If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them when possible.
x
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:48 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Dusk, if you make a Legend of Zelda roleplay, I will have to love you forever. Would this be like The Golden Era? If so, I'm gonna have to play as Doron the Drunk Goron xD
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Magic

Sounds interesting, Dusk, but how are all the different races going to play a part? To get that many different races sounds like it'll be a big roleplay?

If you're hoping to join the Avatar: New Legends roleplay then remember that there are no reservations! We recommend you post your signup by Monday.
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM
銀ヤミ

@hereto: Not quite, this will be more story oriented. Characters will be younger and inexperienced in battle.

@majikfawks: It could be, but I'm looking at either a small, reliable-posting group or a medium group that hopefully will keep active throughout. Too many players might diminish the experience for everyone.
x
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Jegretis

I'm getting ready to start an RP that I used to run on another site. I kind of want to bring it over here for a change of characters. Fans of RPG/JRPGs may be interested in it, as it is a fantasy-genre RP. Don't want to give away too much as I'm trying to revamp it right now, but expect it soon.

What I will say though is that the very beginning of the RP is similar to Skyrim, so if you like that kind of stuff be sure to check it out (It's completely different from Skyrim btw, I'm just using that as a inspiration for the first part).
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Crushgaunt

Legend of Zelda RP? Where do I sign up? Tell me more, for once curiosity has overridden my tendency to glomp anything LoZ related with potential to be good.
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:37 PM
銀ヤミ

In short, following the events of Ocarina of Time, Link has fallen during his quest to defeat Ganon (one of three timelines following Ocarina of Time, and the only one where the hero is defeated) and the world has fallen under Ganon's rule. With two of the three pieces of the Triforce, he rests unapproached in his dark castle. However, hope is not lost. Keeper of Wisdom, Zelda, is in hiding, planning a rebellion. Facing impossible odds, a group of young potential warriors are pulled from the future into the past to prevent the worst possible outcome from happening in their own times. They will have to work together and survive a rough journey collecting the equipment necessary to take down the dark king once and for all.
x
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
Well if I just can't bring enough awesome for Avatar I'm totally in for your RP if my SU is good enough Dusk, love LoZ and I'm fairly regular with my posting so I won't let you down! *Big goofy thumbs-up*
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:51 PM
<Challenger>

Dusk, you can count me in! I love LoZ!

Last edited by <Challenger>; August 31st, 2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:59 PM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
So I got this idea. How many people here have played World of Warcraft? Or at least some game from the Warcraft series. Imagine a Sword Art Online-like RP set in a virtual reality World of Warcraft, and let me know what you think.
Yeah, I would definitely be keen. Could even help you GM with my knowledge of playing for a couple of years. What time would you centre it around though? Expansion Packs or previous Warcraft games?
Old August 31st, 2013, 01:18 AM
Ray Maverick
life without liberty; body without spirit
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
Hey, I was a sucker for WoW back in the days of LK's expansions. If it's got a good plot around that, I'll be sure to check it out.

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"
- Garland Fordring, leader of the Exathian Gold Tribe

Old August 31st, 2013, 09:48 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
That sounds great I still play WoW today
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:10 AM
<Challenger>

@RHCP Would a knowledge of WoW be necessary? I haven't played it before, but I would be rather interested.

Since a spot just opened up, I might as well do some shameless advertising!

Quote:
Have you ever wanted to fire mega-uber death beams from your hands? Have you ever wanted to punch a space alien in the face? Have you ever wanted to "AHHHHHHHH" with a golden aura around you, as well as floating stones? And have you ever wanted to fight space pirates from space? If you answered yes to any of these questions, even if you didn't then

DRAGONBALL: TENKAICHI IS THE ROLEPLAY FOR YOU! ACT FAST! THERE ARE ONLY 2 SPOTS OPEN!

That is all.

Last edited by <Challenger>; August 31st, 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Shameless advertising, go!
Old September 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Alright, so my AC is out and today it was really hot. So as long as the weather cools down I'll be online and posting tomorrow. If it doesn't I don't want the added heat of my computer.

Sponsored Links