The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2013, 03:52 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Advertise here
Like, as you may know, is a relatively new feature. Like, like my likes! We all can now happily "like" a person's post like in Facebook where like, like is liked by those who want to like! I wish we could like, like likes of our own liking like, at anytime, so like, like will be like, liked by those likes who like the likers!

What is your general opinion on likes? Do you like a lot? What are your criteria fitting "likes"? Do you believe hybrids of the current system (Like thumbs up and thumbs down) can be implemented, do you think it is relevant enough? How do you react when someone likes your post? Is it the same as saying "nice!" or "thank you" or those simple messages?

(you may proceed to like this post and give me a hundred notifications the next time I check this place and basically kill me just to show appreciation)

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old August 31st, 2013, 03:54 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I like a post when i think its a good opinion on something or if the post made me laugh a lot.
Im not too hyped with likes, i have a lot of them on my posts, but i dont really care. I dont post for likes *cough* Facebook *cough*

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:04 AM
Rivuhh

On this forum, I normally like posts that have the same ideas as me or if I appreciate what they posted. However, on Facebook, I really don't like that many things. I only like posts if they are actually really funny to me. But, I myself, normally get a lot of
likes on my stuff because I try and post funny things!

I'm in it for the likes!
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:06 AM
tsubaki9
Send the dead back to dead!

Nature: Timid
I always like every post I liked.
If someone likes my post, I'll check their profile and do nothing. xD
But unlike in Facebook, if someone likes my post, I'll say thank you to them.
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I often used the likes feature a lot on Facebook back in the days I used to use the site regularly. When PC implemented the system I tended to hit that like button on almost any post that grabbed my attention and then *BAM* I got an emblem for it. I mostly tend to like posts that also mention something I really love right now or make me laugh. I did turn off notifications for when any of my posts gets liked due to certain reasons, but at least you now know there's an emblem you can get for liking a lot of posts.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old August 31st, 2013, 04:53 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
I like posts when I have the same opinion as the posters, when I appreciate what the poster as said and wish to thank him or her, when I genuinely like the contents of the posts, when the posts are meaningful, or when the posts resonate with me at that point of time. I feel that this system is a great way of efficiently giving a thumbs up when words are not necessary, similar to real life. I like quite a lot, but not too much. I should try liking more though! Haha. When someone likes my posts, I see it as a way to keep on improving myself, as well as thanking the person silently for that small but meaningful gesture.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old August 31st, 2013, 05:31 AM
Marisa
I'm in your base, stealing your goods.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
I never like posts..if I ever bothered to, I probably would like 2-3 posts a day, but alas I am lazy.
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:12 AM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i rarely like posts, if i do, it's for if i agree with the post or i think it's funny xD

|Pair|
|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old August 31st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I was really happy when this feature was implemented because it gave you a way to agree with agree with a post without having to actually respond.

I usually like posts if I agree with them or if I find them incredibly funny. I have started using this feature a bit more frequently as of late and I now probably like somewhere between 3-5 posts per day.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old August 31st, 2013, 07:04 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I do not think I have ever liked a post but if I think the post has good poin ts I would like it.
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:06 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I generally like posts that share my thoughts, or are funny in some way.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
If the post in funny, witty, telling it like it is, etc, then I'll like it.
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

If a post makes me laugh or if I very well agree with it, I'll like it. Other than that, I don't really like generic posts.
Fairy
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I tend to do the "Like & Comment" method. I like a post, and sometimes I make a post comment on why i liked said post. I want people to know why I liked it rather than assume the reasons. xD

I know you're gonna like this one too don't get me wrong. :D
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

I like posts if they're funny or if someone's opinion triggers an epiphany on me... which admittedly happens with quite some frequency x3

Anyone notice how each post in this thread has been liked at least once? :o
Snowdrop is stalking everyone here, ruuuun! :O

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Shop
Trade Reviews
Giveaways
Pair
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:29 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
LIKE EVERYTHING IN THE MULTISPECTRUM

I don't like posts a lot. On Facebook, I have to moderate what I like because my grandma yells at me if I like something with offensive content or obscenities in it.

Old August 31st, 2013, 09:51 AM
Cassino
katana-plonking spastic

I really don't care, so much so that I got a mention in Announcements.
I do occasionally like posts in CQ&F where a simple '+1 to this opinion' might be relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
do you think it is relevant enough?
No. As they'd say in 2008, TPC isn't a social networking site. That argument is no longer likely to be seen as valid, but I do also think likes are... too positive — can I say that? I mean to say that likes are of an 'everyone is a winner' attitude. With post comments heavily marginalised, there's no real channel for neutral or negative feedback on posts without it being confrontational.
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:54 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
well I kinda forget about the likes 99% of the time and what comes around goes around so the most likes I've ever gotten on one post is around 3, and only about 50 all-time (though you might say that's pretty good but tbh who cares right).

It's a good way to show your approval tbh but I don't know how the negative feedback can happen also.

Old August 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Sheep

I never thought I'd enjoy the likes system as much as I do. <3 I like posts that are funny or just ones that I agree with/find to be an enjoyable read. The most likes I've gotten on a single post was 9 or 10 iirc, though they were within the staff forums.

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I've found myself "liking" posts often but I don't really care if I get many.

Old August 31st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

I love getting newly liked posts. I'd rather someone like my post and have a notification for that than getting a visitor message.

I usually like a post if it left an impression on me, if it made me laugh, or if I felt it was informative and helpful for someone.
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Admittedly, I was really sceptical of adding likes to PC when it was first suggested. I didn't think it was needed and didn't see the point so I'm really surprised at how much I've come to love the system. It's so nice to be able to publicly show my appreciation for a post without having to reply--to come up with some response to the thread when all I want to do is give a quick kudos. I don't really notice or care much when any of my posts get liked but I do appreciate the quick feedback and it can be kind of fun trying to figure out as I post whether or not it'll be one that triggers people to hit the button. (More often than not, I find it's posts that I didn't really expect to get any attention that seem to be liked the most. I'm usually pretty surprised to log in and find like notifications on certain posts.)

I am glad there is no negative aspect to the system, though. I think if there is ever a reason to dislike the post, it makes a lot more sense to either leave a private message (PM or post comment) or actually reply to the post to rebut or argue against the content.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

I like (no pun intended) this idea because it shows when people find your post funny, entertaining, interesting, or insightful. I personally won't really bother liking posts too often (that's just me) but it's cool to have it there. Besides, what harm could it bring anyways?
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Virtual Headache

Nature: Adamant
I like the likes system, because I'm a very lazy poster on here and can just like things instead of posting. Of course I'm hoping that there will always be someone who posts an opinion I agree with so I can just like it. I especially find it useful in the Debates forum since I'm not good at debating myself and would probably overreact at some statements being posted so I just lay back and click 'like' on the statements I agree with.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
If I like your post I'm probably hitting on you.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here