• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2017
Thank you very much. Truly, this is an informative thread. A real gem especially for beginners like me. I hope I will be able to put my dream hack game into completion soon.

Years
This tutorial has been pretty helpful and has gotten me through some things which were tricky thanks.
However I am yet to get a working give egg script and was wondering whether this could be clarified?

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
HELP! My script won't work when I step in the script green one.
nothing happens, I set the var number into 4050 and unknown to 300?
It works once, why doesn't it work again?!

Here's my script
Spoiler:

EDIT: I figured it out. So, whatever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Hey guys. so i understand all of this and stuff and watched a bunch of videos im almost 100% sure im during it right but i get nothing or a box with jiburish,and i cant get out the convo to help plz ???

windows 7
XSE v1.0.0
advanceMapv1.95

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
hay guys this is what i get and i used the basic one you wrote to see if i was doing something wrong

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2020
Is 1.1.1 Available anywhere? I can't find a working link.. I have 1.0.0....

Any tips appreciated :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
hay guys this is what i get and i used the basic one you wrote to see if i was doing something wrong

That may be similar to the "Qaf Qaf" message, where it shows endless qaf's. You sure you have free space? Plus you should ask in the simple questions thread so you get help. You're lucky I just happened to read this :D

Hey guys. so i understand all of this and stuff and watched a bunch of videos im almost 100% sure im during it right but i get nothing or a box with jiburish,and i cant get out the convo to help plz ???

windows 7
XSE v1.0.0
advanceMapv1.95

1: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
2: That's old XSE. The newest is in gamer2020's toolbox.
3: For #dynamic use an offset after 800000 since gamefreak does not use that area. The area you chose is HIGHLY unstable as the main code goes there.

EVERYONE, I RECOMMEND ASKING QUESTIONS IN SIMPLE QUESTIONS THREAD OR SCRIPT HELP THREAD SINCE IT'S RARE FOR PEOPLE TO COME HERE TO HELP YOU.

Last edited:

dunning2012

Sparky
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Hi, I'm using JPAN's patch and I'm using XSE 1.1.1

Is there a way to use a script to check the time on your computer. Basically to make a script which will say a door is locked at a certain time of the day.
I've read JPAN's notes about Timer Specials but I don't think it would work with this.
I'm also applied DNS to the game so there is day and night on the game which links to the time on my computer.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Here's my script:

#dynamic 0x800882

#org @start
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12

In advance map, on the Unknown space, there is only space for two numbers, so i typed 300 on the other unknown, the one with 4 digits.
Var number :4050

When I step in the tile I take one step left (as supposed) and then I freeze
Please help me!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Here's my script:

#dynamic 0x800882

#org @start
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12 0xFE

In advance map, on the Unknown space, there is only space for two numbers, so i typed 300 on the other unknown, the one with 4 digits.
Var number :4050

When I step in the tile I take one step left (as supposed) and then I freeze
Please help me!

Always end your movement scripts with 0xFE.
Also, next time, wrap your scripts in Spoiler or Code tags. :3
HTML:
[CODE]-insert script here-[/CODE]
HTML:
[SPOILER]-insert script here-[/SPOILER]

Years
Hello.
So I have this very odd "glitch".
Whenever I change ANYTHING, but ANYTHING in my ROM (Fire Red), when you open the menu the blue bar at the bottom gets glitchy.
Is it possibly because my ROM is not clean (Ithink thats the term)?
Maybe its my computer?
Do you have no idea why it happens?
Well anyways, I hope I can get my answer, and I hope I'm not breaking any rule by saying this (if I am, please do advice), but if the problem is having a clean rom, could you pm me a link of a clean ROM?
Thank you for your time :)

P.S.: I use XSE

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I read the whole tutorial but i'm not sure if anyone has covered any of what i'm about to ask in these 37 pages of posts...

1) Is there any specific way to control what HM move is enabled or disabled outside battles? or are those functions integrated with the badge flags?
For example, I'd like to enable Surf or Cut without getting a badge using a simple script or after a normal trainer battle. Is it possible?

2) I take it trainerbattle 0x1 is a gym leader battle, is this correct?
If so, is there any way to control what sprite will be shown and the name of the Leader? or do I just modify the text name and the sprite and use any gym leader ID already in the game?

3) Is it possible to select what music will be played during a specific trainer battle? For example, if I want the 8th Gym Leader to use the E4 Champion music... or use a different song for each Leader.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I read the whole tutorial but i'm not sure if anyone has covered any of what i'm about to ask in these 37 pages of posts...

1) Is there any specific way to control what HM move is enabled or disabled outside battles? or are those functions integrated with the badge flags?
For example, I'd like to enable Surf or Cut without getting a badge using a simple script or after a normal trainer battle. Is it possible?

2) I take it trainerbattle 0x1 is a gym leader battle, is this correct?
If so, is there any way to control what sprite will be shown and the name of the Leader? or do I just modify the text name and the sprite and use any gym leader ID already in the game?

3) Is it possible to select what music will be played during a specific trainer battle? For example, if I want the 8th Gym Leader to use the E4 Champion music... or use a different song for each Leader.

1. For the CUTable trees, you can open their script with XSE and remove the checkflag command. For Surf, well, you'll have to locate the entire script. I dunno how though. Best ask in the Simple Questions Thread.

2. Use a Trainer Editing Tool, like Advance Trainer.

3. This tutorial will do that job for you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
1. For the CUTable trees, you can open their script with XSE and remove the checkflag command. For Surf, well, you'll have to locate the entire script. I dunno how though. Best ask in the Simple Questions Thread.

2. Use a Trainer Editing Tool, like Advance Trainer.

3. This tutorial will do that job for you.

Thanks a lot! Hopefully, the surf thing won't be too much of a mess.

Back