The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Stargazer
This is the part when I break free.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer

Advertise here
Well, one of them (Isaac, who it seems you've already battled) has a Magby and Koffing. The other one, Mitchell, has a Patrat and an Elekid. The one it seems you haven't battled yet is named Nathan, and he has a Riolu and Lillipup. He's in the northwestern part of the area (below a Youngster who's standing on one of the platforms).
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
What's the deal with this new event? (Giratina, Dialga and Palkia Shiny)

I went to my local GameStop and I could only get a shiny Dialga. Before I left I heard the clerk mention something about them "...being released in waves." Sadly I left before I could hear more as I thought she was talking to the other clerk about the store. I sure hope she didn't think I was ignoring her. :x

Anyway, yeah. What's the deal with the current event?
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:08 PM
zl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
What's the deal with this new event? (Giratina, Dialga and Palkia Shiny)

I went to my local GameStop and I could only get a shiny Dialga. Before I left I heard the clerk mention something about them "...being released in waves." Sadly I left before I could hear more as I thought she was talking to the other clerk about the store. I sure hope she didn't think I was ignoring her. :x

Anyway, yeah. What's the deal with the current event?
Like you said, the events are rolling.. now until September 8th is Shiny Dialga, September 9th through September 29th is Shiny Palkia, and September 30th through October 20th is Shiny Giratina.

Hope that answers! :3
Old August 21st, 2013, 04:05 AM
Lastly

This may be a very noob question but in Silver / Gold etc... You had a cellphone that you could talk to your mom and several other trainers has that feature disappeared?

Another question is you could buy stuff for your room normally it would be mom buying it now I dont see how I can do that aswell can anybody anwer this questions pls?
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Yep, it disappeared. It's only in HG/SS.
You only have something similar in XTransceiver but it's pretty limited PokeGear.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl View Post
Like you said, the events are rolling.. now until September 8th is Shiny Dialga, September 9th through September 29th is Shiny Palkia, and September 30th through October 20th is Shiny Giratina.

Hope that answers! :3
Also, I read that Canada gets the first at the end of this month.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:44 AM
vongerbys10

Send a message via Skype™ to vongerbys10
How can I get my friend Pokemon in Pokemon Dream World?

#Hoenn Remake
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by vongerbys10 View Post
How can I get my friend Pokemon in Pokemon Dream World?
Let's say you befriended a Pokemon through a mini-game,
then reach for The Tree of Dreams.

To reach The Tree of Dreams,
one must simply walk all the remaining steps to reach it.

As you can see from the above picture*,
to the top left section,
the number indicates your remaining steps.

After reaching the said tree,
you must at least have one berry, any kind will do.

Note that in usual cases,
only one can be befriended and sent to the player's game per visit.
That means even if you befriended 10 Pokemon from 10 mini-games,
unfortunately only one of them will be sent to your game.

*Picture credit: Bulbapedia
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Corrosive
Conspiracy Realist

Nature: Careful
What are LPNs? I read somewhere that they don't mean what I think they mean, so I'm very confused about this.

Also, I just barely got into Pokemon BW, and I heard that Dream World is closing down very soon. What exactly will I be missing out on? I bought the games purely because they're the only games I can get online w/ my WPA connection, and to hear that it's shutting down in such a short time is VERY disheartening =(
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
Also, I just barely got into Pokemon BW, and I heard that Dream World is closing down very soon. What exactly will I be missing out on? I bought the games purely because they're the only games I can get online w/ my WPA connection, and to hear that it's shutting down in such a short time is VERY disheartening =(
Well, you won't be able to use Game Sync anymore, or obtain berries, Pokemon with their hidden abilities and so on. The main reason it and the 5th Gen Global Link is closing is because of the upcoming release of Pokemon X & Y so they need to keep it updated to the current generation. You'll still be able to trade and battle though, and also bring back any Pokemon you have still tucked in.

After the final closure in January 2014, you'll also lose the ability to change C-Gear skins, Pokedex skins and Pokemon Musical songs.

Here's the full closure info in detail, courtesy of Bulbapedia:

Quote:
The Pokémon Global Link will be closed for maintenance from Oct. 1 to 12, 2013. After this maintenance, users will not be able to sign up for new accounts, and players will not have access to the demo nor be able to add additional games to their accounts. On Dec. 10, 2013, players will no longer be able to tuck in new Pokémon, although Pokémon currently tucked in can be played with and woken up. On Jan. 14, 2014, all services offered by the Global Link will be shut down, except the player's ability to untuck Pokémon. This means that players will no longer be able to change their C-Gear skin, Pokémon Musical song, or Pokédex skin.
The GTS will not be affected by this closure, except that the trade history will no longer be viewable. Random Matchup Rating Mode will be shut down, although Free Mode will still be available.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Last edited by Hikamaru; August 23rd, 2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added some info
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Corrosive
Conspiracy Realist

So should I get on that ASAP, or is it something that takes a while? I'm barely past the first gym leader, but if I can I'd like to get as much as I can done.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
So should I get on that ASAP, or is it something that takes a while? I'm barely past the first gym leader, but if I can I'd like to get as much as I can done.
They'll close the site to start the transition to X & Y around October 1st (lol that's my bday) until the 12th when X & Y come out, so you'll have around less than two months to do everything you need. They'll be phasing out the features on the dates specified in my last post.

Old August 24th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
They'll close the site to start the transition to X & Y around October 1st (lol that's my bday) until the 12th when X & Y come out, so you'll have around less than two months to do everything you need. They'll be phasing out the features on the dates specified in my last post.
Just like what Hikari said, you have less than two months to fully enjoy the features of DW,
After you obtained your first badge and finished Fennel's request about the Dreamyard,
you will be able to access Game Sync, so try to access DW everyday, that's the least we can do now!
Old August 30th, 2013, 11:58 PM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

I am in the process of completing my Unova Pokedex for Pokemon Black,. My pokedex says I obtained 130 Pokemon, while Cedric says I have 'Caught 142 Pokemon'. I am completing a Living Pokedex by the way if that makes a difference.

So can someone be so kind as to explain the differences between 'caught' and 'obtained'?

This is the first time I attempted to complete a pokedex since R/B/Y days. Hence my stupidity :p

Thanks C:

Last edited by toxictwinkie; August 31st, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:44 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictwinkie View Post
I am in the process of completing my Unova Pokedex for Pokemon Black,. My pokedex says I obtained 130 Pokemon, while Cedric says I have 'Caught 142 Pokemon'. I am completing a Living Pokedex by the way if that makes a difference.

So can someone be so kind as to explain the differences between 'caught' and 'obtained'?

This is the first time I attempted to complete a pokedex since R/B/Y days. Hence my stupidity :p

Thanks C:
As Cedric upgrades your Pokedex maybe he was telling you about that thing otherwise somehow the dex is telling about the normal pokes you have caught
Old August 31st, 2013, 01:52 AM
toxictwinkie

Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
As Cedric upgrades your Pokedex maybe he was telling you about that thing otherwise somehow the dex is telling about the normal pokes you have caught
Sorry, you lost me at "maybe he was telling you about that thing"? What do you mean?
Old August 31st, 2013, 02:32 AM
Fiery Dash

Most likely he meant the caught by caught National Dex Pokemon, which is in order words Pokemon that didn't exist in Unova like Hoppip, Mudkip etc... are also included.

Because Cedric evaluate the National Pokedex, while Aurea Juniper judges your Pokedex progress by Unova Pokedex.

Try talking to Aurea and look at the number that she tells you, and see if it's the 'correct' one.
Old August 31st, 2013, 02:55 AM
toxictwinkie

Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
Most likely he meant the caught by caught National Dex Pokemon, which is in order words Pokemon that didn't exist in Unova like Hoppip, Mudkip etc... are also included.

Because Cedric evaluate the National Pokedex, while Aurea Juniper judges your Pokedex progress by Unova Pokedex.

Try talking to Aurea and look at the number that she tells you, and see if it's the 'correct' one.
Ah right I see now. However I never caught a Pokemon outside of the Unova Dex as I am only focusing on the Unova region....so now I am more confused.

Also, Aurea Juniper says I 'Seen' 154 Unova Pokemon. But Juniper isn't what I am confused about But I do have a more clear understand between the two now. But I am still lost about the Pokedex Number and the Cedric number.

Last edited by toxictwinkie; August 31st, 2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: More Info, spelling mistake
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:07 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Ah right I see now. However I never caught a Pokemon outside of the Unova Dex as I am only focusing on the Unova region....so now I am more confused.

Also, Aurea Juniper says I 'Seen' 154 Unova Pokemon. But Juniper isn't what I am confused about But I do have a more clear understand between the two now. But I am still lost about the Pokedex Number and the Cedric number.
'Focusing on the Unova region', but Mass Outbreak takes place in Unova, is there a chance you caught one of those?
Pokemon like Bagon which are able to find in Hidden Grottos, most DW Pokemon from Entree Forest, Pokemon like Barboach which are able to find in Iccirus City and Moor of Icirrus etc... Are not consider as Unova Pokemon.
Though I'm sure you know it already.
Old August 31st, 2013, 03:53 PM
toxictwinkie

Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
'Focusing on the Unova region', but Mass Outbreak takes place in Unova, is there a chance you caught one of those?
Pokemon like Bagon which are able to find in Hidden Grottos, most DW Pokemon from Entree Forest, Pokemon like Barboach which are able to find in Iccirus City and Moor of Icirrus etc... Are not consider as Unova Pokemon.
Though I'm sure you know it already.
Nope, I haven't even encountered any if those pokemon, let alone caught. I have encountered/seen pokemon outside the unova dex, while completing it though.

.....so no one can answer my original question?
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:
Nope, I haven't even encountered any if those pokemon, let alone caught. I have encountered/seen pokemon outside the unova dex, while completing it though.

.....so no one can answer my original question?
It was answered. You've caught 130 out of 300 of the Unova Dex and 142 out of 649 of the National Dex. Caught and obtained are the same thing. "Seen" means you've encountered it, but have not caught it yet.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 31st, 2013, 11:13 PM
toxictwinkie

Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
It was answered. You've caught 130 out of 300 of the Unova Dex and 142 out of 649 of the National Dex. Caught and obtained are the same thing. "Seen" means you've encountered it, but have not caught it yet.
THIS! This is the answer that was clear cut and straight to the point. Also I know what 'seen' means. However I got thrown off with the 'caught' and 'obtained' as it was expressed differently from the pokedex and cendric which is another reason I got confused with how many pokemon I caught and how it was out of 300 and not 153 (which i had no Idea) Now I know the reason why, thanks guys for the help. Sorry if I sounded blunt. :p

Last edited by toxictwinkie; August 31st, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old September 1st, 2013, 04:59 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Can a Critical capture fail?A purrloin in White 2 broke my critical captire Ultra ball.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 1st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Can a Critical capture fail?A purrloin in White 2 broke my critical captire Ultra ball.
lol I had this happen to me once, but yes there is a chance that a critical capture can fail. It's way less common than successful critical captures though.

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:44 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

How can i do 6 0n 6 online matches in White 2?I can only do 3 on 3.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!

Last edited by JayTheKing; September 1st, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here