The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Since there are quite a few people that think B2W2 don't have much that separate them from the original BW, I figured i'd make this topic to ask if there was something you would have added to it that you think might have helped. So i'll start it off.

What I would have added was making the Gym Leaders and Elite Four tougher from the get-go. They could have easily gave them four Pokémon with the New Unova Dex. It would have been more productive to give them the Challenge Mode teams right off the bat (even with the same levels as on Normal Mode) then give them five on Challenge Mode. That would have let them take advantage of the new Pokémon added in.

In addition, some of the levels in the later area are kinda low. For instance, you battle Colress and his team is Level 50/52, then Ghetsis afterward is the same. I would have made him at least 52/54 like he was in the original BW (especially considering in those games you battle him after N). Also, I would have gave him a mixed Hydreigon. I get why they gave him a physical attacking Hydreigon, because Iris has a special attacking one, but they should have gave it something to hit Steel-types with, like Fire Blast, Earth Power, or if nothing else, Earthquake. I mean, Frustration? Really? With that Life Orb, it could have been as much of a challenge as ever if it could do something against Steel-types.

And the Elite Four, since the trainers in Victory Road are so high level you can easily end up over leveled above them (I was Level 60+ first time when I did because I abused the Lucky Egg, and that was with a full team).

Speaking of the Elite Four, they only had four Pokémon in the original BW, but that was because of how small the Unova Dex was. But here, they could have easily given them five Pokémon (six on Challenge Mode), and made them at least Level 58/60 and made the Champion more than one level above them. That would have made it much more interesting.

So yeah, that's what I would have added to B2W2, give the Gym Leaders more Pokémon and make the levels near the end not so close to each other. How about you guys? Discuss.

Last edited by Stargazer; August 24th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
FREAKING FOLLOWING POKEMON!!! After HGSS was released everyone was hyped up because well the Pokemon could follow you. Then Nintendo messed it up and got rid of that. They with the reveal of BW2, we hoped this feature would return, and of course it didn't. This is what we needed... and we now know it's not gonna be in X/Y either! HGSS WHY U TROLL US?!

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Fiery Dash

In my eyes, BW2's feature are close to perfect.
They should add a Jukebox in the same fashion as PokeGear,
a Jukebox that one can listen to all soundtracks from Gev I to Gen V!
Secondly I'm a huge fan of Hoenn Contests,
collecting Ribbons are one of my Hobbies from Gen III and IV!
I once had a Blastoise who had 25 ribbons on him,
it's not many but it's great to one's hardwork getting commemorate!
They are not just average Ribbons, they contain memories of that effort and hardships!
I was a little disappointed to see Ribbon not returning in BW2.
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
morrison

I think bw2 are awesome , I think the levels are perfect for a more casual player like me :D. Although I do like the idea of having contests, as I am not a fan of the inactivity of the musicals. but I think it is quite a well rounded edition, and not at all just like b/w. (the order of towns to visit is totally different.)

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I think there was some preliminary data found in Black/White suggesting that walking with pokemon was originally going to be added, but then scrapped. Black/White 2 would have been a good opportunity to add it in, agreeing with pokemoner2500.
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I would add the lines of Pikachu, Gastly, Togepi, Scyther, and Shellder to the Unova dex.

However, if this would make the Unova dex too full, I'd take out Dunsparce, the Slakoth line, the Jigglypuff line, and maybe the Rattata and Croagunk lines.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Juxapose

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
In my eyes, BW2's feature are close to perfect.
They should add a Jukebox in the same fashion as PokeGear,
a Jukebox that one can listen to all soundtracks from Gev I to Gen V!
Secondly I'm a huge fan of Hoenn Contests,
collecting Ribbons are one of my Hobbies from Gen III and IV!
I once had a Blastoise who had 25 ribbons on him,
it's not many but it's great to one's hardwork getting commemorate!
They are not just average Ribbons, they contain memories of that effort and hardships!
I was a little disappointed to see Ribbon not returning in BW2.
I agree with the above statements. The only thing I would add to this list is an expansion to the side quest with Curtis/Yancy. After completing their side quest, I kinda wished there was more, like make Curtis/Yancy and your character an official couple or something.
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I'd add the ability to transfer Pokémon directly from the third generation games. It would make things a whole lot easier for people who still own R/S/E and FR/LG. I'd also add the ability to have my Pokémon follow me around just like in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. It's a great way to develop bond and friendship, and it's always fun to see the expression on their faces whenever you interact with them. n__n
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoner2500 View Post
FREAKING FOLLOWING POKEMON!!!
You can actually go ahead and see how it looks to have a mienfoo follow you if you go to a certain house in Humilau City. You have to walk this socialite's Mienfoo around her house...

Not much to say about what to add, it's got plenty enough for my liking... But I do agree with the OP, they should make Pokemon games more challenging, I found only HG/SS challenging.
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

I'd not add anything. Rather replace something. Iris as Champion is the only flaw of B2W2. I wish they had chosen someone else. Like Drayden. Marshal would've also been a good choice, a black Champion (Iris isn't black but Southern Asian or Indian looking IMO) could be pretty interesting, and he has a pretty good team as well. A Fighting-type Champion would be a pleasant change from the Dragon-type we're all bored to see.

The Champions were the low point of 5th gen IMO. Alder was a good character, but as a Champion he was really weak, being easily defeated by N and not having any competitive spirit left in himself ever since he lost Volcarona the original. His theme song wasn't cool either. I think, as a final challenge, the Ghetsis from the first game surpassed both Alder and Iris. The song was epic, his team was epic and suited him perfectly. I wish they had given him an even stronger team in B2W2 instead of downgrading him to Cyrus level. Not that Cyrus was weak, but he wasn't that strong either.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Cerberus87; August 25th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I would certainly add a feature for Pokémon to follow you as well, simply because of the fact that if it was implemented in HGSS, it could be done in BW/B2W2 as well. I would also probably implement the feature where you could lock in running shoes as well, just like in HGSS.
Fairy
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Contests.

Super-Awesome sidequests that totally hypes all concerned. What's better? I mean, it gives the game more than just a "beat the gyms & elite four then boo-yeah" look.

Nuff said.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
I would certainly add a feature for Pokémon to follow you as well, simply because of the fact that if it was implemented in HGSS, it could be done in BW/B2W2 as well.
Ditto.

Especially with a lot of the Pokemon designs being really nice in Gen. 5, it would be epic to have your little emolga jump-fly behind you.

Apart from that, I would do anything for a Poketch (Poke-watch) in X and Y, or in any other game, it's fun, useful, and a really good way to find hidden items, check friendship, remember berries planted, etc.

Pairs - -
Old September 1st, 2013, 09:32 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Like many others, I would want the follow-me feature to be implemented. When I learned that it wasn't in B/W I was disappointed. The fact that it wasn't in B2/W2 was even more disappointing. Also auto running shoes. having to go back to always pressing 'B' again was a pain.
Old September 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Contests.

Super-Awesome sidequests that totally hypes all concerned. What's better? I mean, it gives the game more than just a "beat the gyms & elite four then boo-yeah" look.

Nuff said.
For those who like contests, the Hoenn ones are the best, but I believe GF felt the contests were sort of uninteresting to hardcore players and nerfed them already in Emerald - notice how they moved all to one city instead of being widespread and giving some utility to cities without gyms.

I think that, if they're going to implement contests again, there should be a bigger reward for winning them all. The way they were in RSE and DPPt, there was hardly any incentive to winning them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Like many others, I would want the follow-me feature to be implemented. When I learned that it wasn't in B/W I was disappointed. The fact that it wasn't in B2/W2 was even more disappointing. Also auto running shoes. having to go back to always pressing 'B' again was a pain.
This isn't directed only at yourself, but why do people want this feature to come back? It was almost useless in HGSS and well, it wasn't implemented the way I think it should have. Before playing the game, I thought you could choose any Pokémon in your party to follow you, not just the lead. I didn't want my following Pokémon to change with my lead.

That, and Honchkrow's sprite wasn't a flying one, which I can't forgive GF for.

Old September 3rd, 2013, 01:40 AM
Salamence™
Gen 3♥

Nature: Calm
Add something like Safari Zone

Fc: 3239-3600-0005
Feel Free to add me.
Just Pm if you do

Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:09 AM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

Free roam flying; just like the Ranger games.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:47 AM
Sceptile14

In my opinion, these games were fantastic, so there is not a lot I would change, rather add on. The first thing that I would have been happy to see is the return of the battle frontier. I don't think the battle subway is that good. Unlike the battle frontier, they are all in the same place, so there is no variation in the places you battle.
My second thing that I would add is a battle with you from white/black. With the memory link, I thought that this was a given. You would get subtle hints about your character, but would never see him. When they said that he went far away looking for N, I thought that they meant the nature preserve, so I was disapointed to not have the chance for this to happen.
I'm still holding out hope that they will make Kalos the far away region, that he/she went, and you battle them there.

Friend safari: Fire type

Charmeleon Flechinder ??? (If you know please tell me)

My youtube(not much here):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c2c8xExPrjG-mTdbao_Yw
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:44 AM
BloodFrostX
I miss permaweather.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to BloodFrostX
B2/W2 could have really used a Safari Zone. There's a whole lot of empty map in there, and with the inclusion of interregional Pokemon, a Safari Zone would have been the perfect addition.
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM
riseagainst7fold

I agree with the saffi zone notion, it would have been really cool. i used it a lot in diamond and peral
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I have no idea why following Pokemon and the auto running shoes were removed after HG/SS, but BW2 would've been the perfect place to have them return. I would've also like to have seen the return of the Battle Frontier. The Battle Subway and PWT were nice, but I loved some of the different strategies you needed to use in facilities like the Battle Pyramid and Pike, since they added another layer of challenge rather than just trying to win battles in different ways.
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFrostX View Post
B2/W2 could have really used a Safari Zone. There's a whole lot of empty map in there, and with the inclusion of interregional Pokemon, a Safari Zone would have been the perfect addition.
I don't understand why people love the Safari Zone. It's a place of doom! I'd rather catch my Pokémon properly instead of yelling at the DS when the 100th Yanma I find flees from me after I fling 5 mudballs at it and the Safari Ball almost catches it.

Safari Zone makes catching Pokémon too much luck based. Not a fan of it. Trying to catch Pokémon with low catch rates using the ridiculously weak Safari Balls is an exercise of patience.

Old September 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Yeah, I was never big for the Safari Zone either, except in HGSS where it's customizable and you can get a lot of different Pokémon in it in the post-game. And even then, you had to use Object Arrangement and wait several days for the cool stuff. V_V

But seems the most missed feature is Pokémon following you And to Cerebrus, the reason people liked that feature so much is because it made it easier to bond with your Pokémon and gives some interesting dialogue based on the environments.
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoner2500 View Post
FREAKING FOLLOWING POKEMON!!! After HGSS was released everyone was hyped up because well the Pokemon could follow you. Then Nintendo messed it up and got rid of that. They with the reveal of BW2, we hoped this feature would return, and of course it didn't. This is what we needed... and we now know it's not gonna be in X/Y either! HGSS WHY U TROLL US?!
Gotta agree with this. It was always cool seeing my shiny Pokemon following me around.
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
GSCyndaquil19

Send a message via AIM to GSCyndaquil19
Following Pokemon and Safari Zone. Also re-battling gym Leaders outside of tournament so you can use a full team
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links