The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave

Advertise here

Final Fantasy (ファイナルファンタジー, Fainaru Fantajī?) is a popular series of role-playing games produced by Square Enix (originally Square Co., Ltd.). It may be the most widely distributed game series of all time, including both standard console games and portable games, two massively multiplayer online role-playing games, games for mobile phones, two CGI films (one being original, the other being being a sequel to Final Fantasy VII), and two anime series.

Rules:
Follow all PC Rules
Do not start a flame war if you wish to, go to 4chan.
Do not abuse other members
Stay active if you can
Enjoy

SU(Sign-Up) form

Username:
Topic answer:

Members List
-chuckleslucifer
-Cherrim/Erica
-Verdure
-ZangFloyd
-xseed
-Rezilia
-⊱Ðice
-Ch3lz

Topics:

What is your favorite FF game?
Who is your favorite character?
do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes?
Do you like the original medieval volumes to the newer modern volumes?
What is your favorite spin off game?
Do you think the series is dyeing? (looking at you XIII)
Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or already playing it?
Did you get into the Beta for FF Realm Reborn? (I DID :D)
Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead?
Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back? (imagine that in some of the newer games :D)
What was the hardest boss to defeat?
When did you find the series?

PairFriend Code

Last edited by «Chuckles»; December 13th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
All approved and ready to go

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 31st, 2013, 10:37 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Hello, Lightning here but you can call me Erica. My username... is not actually taken from the FF character who it turns out I'm not a huge fan of, lmao. I HAD THE NAME FIRST. :(

That is a lot of topics.

Probably VI and XIII-2. The former for its story, music, and how it handled so many characters and the latter for the battle system.
Probably Zack or Aerith from VII/Crisis Core.
I haven't played a lot of the original games so I might go ahead and say the remakes because it makes them a lot more accessible.
I don't really have a preference, honestly. Outside of video games, I tend to prefer sci-fi because it's more relatable but I enjoy both in games a lot. I think I prefer the more modern/futuristic settings, though. They generally feel more creative to me, I think.
Oh man, I don't know. D: I love Crisis Core, Theatrhythm and Dissidia so much. CC probably had the most powerful ending of anything I've ever played (or read or seen, for that matter) but I can spend hours and hours with the other two. They have such excellent replayability.
Do you think the series is dying? (looking at you XIII)
Not at all.
:( I kind of wanna play it but I haven't heard much good feedback about it--none of my friends who paid for it can ever seem to get on the server.
Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead?
Lmao oh my god. :( That would be so depressing.
Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back? (imagine that in some of the newer games :D)
To be honest, I've never managed to finish a game that follows this trend before. 8/ It doesn't appeal to me much but I think it'd be interesting to see if they could try that in one of those more modern settings!
That boss at the end of the 100-level dungeon in X-2. D8 I was stuck on it for YEARS before I finally beat it. (I needed to do it before I restarted my game to get 100% or I'd have had to climb down to the 100th level all over again on my NG+ and I did nooot want to do that.)
...the first FF game I ever played was X-2. SOMEHOW I MANAGED TO PLAY THE ONLY DIRECT SEQUEL IN THE WHOLE SERIES BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. Thankfully, I really liked it so I decided to play some of the others. So it kind of makes me sad when people talk about how awful X-2 is because it got me into the games and I'll always have a soft spot for it. Doesn't hurt that after XIII, X-2 probably has my favourite battle system of all the FFs.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old September 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM
Arc
trap

Nature: Bashful
Ooh. A Final Fantasy fan club? Count me in. :D

Topics:

Final Fantasy V holds a special place in my heart, and will always be my favourite. VI would be close second though.
Gilgamesh. Even if he isn't playable, he's hilarious.
The recent remakes have honestly made some of them more enjoyable. I myself would always prefer a remake to Final Fantasy 1 than the NES version.
I'm fine with both actually. However, I do wish sometimes that elements in the world are consistent. (like having a space ship in IV was kinda wtf.)
Tactics.
I think the series is slowly recovering from the whole XIII debacle.
I got into the third phase of the Beta, and I enjoyed it. But I don't see myself playing it.
yep.
LOLOLOL. yes.
I would love for it to come back. But, it would seem that Squeenix hates the Four Heroes of Light archetype, and would rather save it for spinoffs and such.
Omega Weapon in V.

I found the series when I was a lot younger, like 5 or 6. And my brother had gotten his old SNES with Final Fantasy III (VI) back from our auntie, and I just watched him play it.

Last edited by Arc; September 1st, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM
«Chuckles»

Cool-

You guys are all accepted well anyone who makes an SU is accepted lol.

now we can talk about Final Fantasy news, upcoming games, why Dragon Quest is cool Sucks etc. :D

PairFriend Code
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Final Fantasy VI for sure.
Mog. Slaying beasts by dancing is the most productive thing one can do.
I prefer the remakes over the original, especially for the horribly aged NES ones.
Yeah, since the feeling of adventure is more present.
The Tactics Series for sure. I really liked Fire Emblem, so I was just born to love these games.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure It'll come around some day.
Nah. I don't really like MMORPGs
Nope.
I saw that Game Theory as well! It seems like a good theory, but I'm not really buying it to well.
Kinda. I really like character development (like in 4, 6, and 7) a bit more.
Maybe Ultros (when I was younger I had to try like a jillion times to beat him) when you first fight him.
My friend told me how cool it was, and 8-bit Theater also.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old October 14th, 2013, 10:11 PM
«Chuckles»

Hey Chocobo, What do you guys think about Kingdom Hearts 3 finally being released

PairFriend Code
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

*breathes in* *breathes out*. Ok. I'm not a KH fan. I've never owned a PS2 or purchased any side games, please don't hurt me.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old October 17th, 2013, 07:23 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
oh I will hurt you. you must somehow try it now lol. greatest game in the world. then again I cant say jack as I have never played ff7,8,and 9 lol(once my vita gets fixed those will be my top priority)

oh and
Username:xseed
Topic answer:what do you guys think about kh 3 being released
I am excited that it has finally been released. heck if I had the cash I would impulse buy a ps4 on the spot. Been waiting for #3 for a long time(though I have actually only played kh2 I still know the whole story lol. coulndt help it that my ps2 broke before I could find them)

What is your favorite FF game? ff12 hands down.
Who is your favorite character? Auron nuff said
do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes? Remakes. nes graphics gets on my nerves.
What is your favorite spin off game? I like the medieval.
Do you think the series is dyeing? (looking at you XIII)........cant tell untill I get me a ps3 and play ff13. But so far thats how it appears.
Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or already playing it? nope. cant. bad computer and net.
Did you get into the Beta for FF Realm Reborn? (I DID :D) nope. My internet and computer is too crappy to play it (sure does suck)
Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead? okay you can kill me but.....never played 7.(never got a ps1 lol). planning on getting it once I fix my vita.
Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back? (imagine that in some of the newer games :D) Hmmm.............I wouldnt mind if it came back actually. as long as they can make it as good as ever.
What was the hardest boss to defeat? DIABLO from ff12 nuff said. wasnt even a friggin final boss yet and it was a weak boss at that yet it took me months to kill that creep(and I was at lv 60!).
When did you find the series?ff1 and 2 dawn of new soul was what introduced me to ff so that would be.............when I was 12?

Old October 17th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Rezilia

Nature: Sassy
Username: Rezilia
Topic answer: FF4DS

Genesis Rhapsodos

Recent Remakes

Um... Oh, you mean the themes of recent games? I like the new themes more.

Revenant Wings. So, so fun...

No, it's getting better. What? I love ATB, QTE, SciFantasy, ACTUAL character development, non-straitforward plots... Oh, and Code Tangerine! xD

I might...but it seems too player-owned for my standards. If people don't like how your game works, screw them. As long as it doesn't have bugs or glitches, keep it as it is. If people don't like it, they can leave.

Yes. And I wonder how many people will get that joke...

Darkness. I NEED to know what the FF3 Heroes of Darkness did! (Note: the Final Fantasy THREE ones.)

FF3's, hands down. That stupid no-save area, with 4 beyond elite bosses even BEFORE the impossihard final final boss? *shakes head*

Middle School age, I think. That's when I got my DS and FF3.

Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:29 AM
Starfury
Humans are such unfortunate animals...
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
How could a Final Fantasy club have eight posts? Unspeakable!

Anyways, I'm Mokoko (you may call my Koko) and I'd like to join please!
Topic answer: Well, I haven't played Kingdom Hearts yet (don't kill me!), but I certainly might in the future.

What is your favorite FF game? Final Fantasy VII! <3

Who is your favorite character? This is a hard one... I'm torn between Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockhart! Denzel sure is a cutie, though.

do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes? Haven't played any recent remakes of classic FF games.

What is your favorite spin off game? I am looking forward to Crisis Core and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy!

Do you think the series is dyeing? (looking at you XIII) I guess, and I hope Square gets back on their feet.

Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or already playing it? I don't play MMOs.

Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead? Kehehe... No wonder Cloud wants to be forgiven so much in AC.

What was the hardest boss to defeat? The hardest boss would be Emerald Weapon because it has over one million HP and has that annoying attack that does 3x more damage for every Materia your party has.

When did you find the series? I never really paid any attention towards FF until I was about ten, then I watched FFVII: Advent Children and fell in love! :D
Old November 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Well there's a Final Fantasy VI remake coming to mobile phones. I can't help but be excited.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old November 17th, 2013, 12:08 PM
«Chuckles»

Woh another scam of our money from the squarsoft part of square enix, honestly I have an androids so I will just download an .apk from the net or just find a ROM for a GBA emulator.

PairFriend Code
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:21 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

*whispers* Well that's what I intended to do.......

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:34 AM
«Chuckles»

oh my, has anyone played the spin offs? like that chocobo one on the DS and the four heroes of light or the crystal chronicles? (New topic!)

PairFriend Code
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I've played a few spinoffs.

Dissidia and Dissidia 012 are some of my favourite games of all times and I recommend them to everyone even if you haven't played many Final Fantasies. They're so good! They're just a lot of fun and there's so much content. Each time I pick it up, I have to tear myself away from it a week or two later because it sucks me in so thoroughly.

Theatrhythm is a pretty good spinoff game too. It's the EBA/Ouendan-esque rhythm game on 3DS (and I believe iOS?). I suggest it to anyone who likes Final Fantasy since it's a lot of fun and the music in the series is phenomenal. There's a sequel coming out next year and I'm so ecstatic. :D

I haven't really played any other spinoffs though. I did play Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales on DS but I don't... really remember it at all? o_O It was cute, but really short. I doubt I'd recommend it, haha.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old December 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Ch3lz

Nature: Careful
Username:
Ch3lz

Topic answer:
I would have to say final fantasy 10
I really liked Hope in 13 simply because he was adorable but my fave character HAS to be Yuna simply because 10 was the first FF I completed and I loved her even more in 10-2. I dressed up as Yuna for school one year too minus the guns....
I hate to say this but probably remakes as I've yet to fully appreciate the older games...
The newer (sorry!)
I like kingdom hearts 2 but as for an actual spin off I'd say Final fantasy III on the DS, does that count? if not then chocobo tales was always fun.
Now now. I love 13 so no
Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or already playing it? I already play it.
Nope but I got the collectors edition
I think Cloud is gorgeous. what, that wasn't the question?... umm in that case my answer is yes. yes he did.
yes because it was fun, yet confusing for me, on the DS.
Don't laugh but Trema. That stupid bearded fool probably took a few years off my life due to stress of that blighter evading EVERYTHING. In the end, I handed him over to my uncle who took him out easily for me without trying.
In year 6 when I went round my friends house who was playing 9 and had named the princess Chelsey after me (nawwww)
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:43 PM
«Chuckles»

Welcome Ch3lz, Dissidia and Theatrhythm are great games I love them both though I have never finished Dissidia or it's sequel but I played them quite a lot at my cousins and friends house, I will surely get it when christmas day comes around because I "stumbled" upon my christmas present.

PairFriend Code
Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Lindblum
you're not alone

Nature: Naive
Username: Lindblum

What is your favorite FF game? Final Fantasy IX.
Who is your favorite character? A hard one, probably Garnet, Freya or Eiko from IX.
Do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes? You mean like the DS ones? Hmm. I do like the 3d sprites, but I still prefer the original games as they have more nostalgic value.
Do you like the original medieval volumes to the newer modern volumes? Yes, I'm not that keen on anything past XII. XIII was the worst in my opinion, I really wish they'd go back to proper Black Mages, class systems etc.
Do you think the series is dying? Most definitely. If they are making a third in the series of the worst game, I think thats proof enough.
Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or already playing it? If I had a decent enough computer I may have given it a try but alas, stuck with a laptop.
Did you get into the Beta for FF Realm Reborn? Didn't attempt it.
Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead? Hahaha, that would have been a great twist. Never cared for her so it would have been funny to see. Wonder if there are any youtube videos related to this...
Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back? Yes! I know it's old school and people will complain about it being the same as the old games but if they really put effort into it and gave the characters some good foundations and actually had CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, something FFXIII and friends needs to learn.
What was the hardest boss to defeat? Ozma, duh!
When did you find the series? When I was a kid, my mum brought home FFIX on release day and said that her work friends had been raving about it. She tried it and wasn't very interested as she has a short attention span when it comes to games, so I picked it up. I was too young at the time but I picked it back up a few years later and it's been the best game I've ever played and I'm close to finishing my second play through now.

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."
Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
«Chuckles»

Welcome to the club, Lindblum!

PairFriend Code
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:00 AM
Jiggly Jello
DJ Squiggles

Nature: Quirky
Sweeeet, I think I found my new home! (Please don't die thread) > . <

Username: I'm kind of partial to Spoony Bard but you can call me Spoon for short

Final Fantasy VI without a doubt!

Oh man, can I even answer this? Can this be plural? lol. I guess if I had to choose just one, I'd have to say Terra. She was a total BAMF Mage!

Do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes?
I enjoy (and still like to play) both. I like the nostalgic feel of the classics but I also appreciate the ports/remakes containing brand new content that add new enjoyment to the games.

I like both (as long as we're not talking X-2...I really don't like X-2) but tend to replay the classics a bit more.

What is your favorite spin-off game?
Final Fantasy Legend II and yes, it's a spin-off (sort of).

Do you think the series is dying? (looking at you XIII)

It's not so much dying as it is being horribly corrupted and it all started with X-2!!

I'm not big on MMORPGs. I've had too many bad experiences with unsportsmanlike people in FFXI.

See above ^

It totally wasn't an accident. Cloud caught Aerith and Barret locking lips earlier on and killed her in a jealous rage!

I'm for it, so long as they find a way to make it interesting.

Odin in Final Fantasy Legend II but only because I abused the walk through walls glitch and ended up in Valhalla way before I should have so I was seriously underleveled when fighting him!

I've been playing the Final Fantasy series since its inception in 1987. I started with the original game and just went on from there, getting my hands on every installment I could. I used to binge play IV & VI on the Super Nintendo. I would walk up to the video store to rent the cartridge as soon as I got home from school and I would play from Friday to late Sunday night, sleeping only when I had to. The worst part about that was fearing that 1. I wouldn't get the same cartridge since the store had multiple copies or 2. some other renter would play on my save!

Oh, the memories!

Last edited by Jiggly Jello; January 2nd, 2014 at 04:08 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:16 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Dissidia Duodecim is easily my favorite Final Fantasy title. The idea of putting a bunch of characters from different games or universes into a single game has been done time and again, but Dissidia handles this fantastically well. Not only does Dissidia manage to be the most varied Fighting game series that I've ever played, as well as being the most innovative 360 degree Fighting game I've played in years (and the fighting game that Dragon Ball Z should be- well, at least the Tenkaichi series), but it also manages to create a very tight and compelling narrative that pulls the player in regardless of whether they've played mainline Final Fantasy games or not.

Even more on this, it takes characters who previously had little, weak, or in some cases obnoxious personalities (either out of intention or otherwise), such as the Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, and Tidus, and making them into stronger characters, even if they don't have very much story presence or, in their respective original games, didn't have their own personalities because they weren't technically actual characters (this being the case with the Warrior of Light and the Onion Knight). The story's premise is simple, but it finds most of its attraction value in making it a character's game, largely about what they fight for and putting their dreams and motives (or lack thereof) headfirst, largely being the cause of most of the story's growth and development. It's really interesting, for a Final Fantasy game such as this to feature the amount of character development that it does, both on the level of forming relationships with other characters and in finding themselves. The game also does a great job of making the interactions between the surprisingly human antagonists and the protagonists both tension filled and contrarily casual, largely due to the nature of the premise.

I never had a PSP before, so it wasn't until early this year that I got to buy it on my Vita, and I definitely recommend it to any Final Fantasy fan or...pretty much anyone that has a PSP/PSV/PPSSPP.

Not sure if I have one yet, but I'm looking.

I don't prefer them but I do like them. Well, with the exception of unmodded GBA remakes, solely because of the way that they redesigned the music (but a fantastic mod changes it back to the originals)

Like 'em both.

There was a point when I did (well, going downhill, not dying), but not anymore. I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns and FFXV, and the way things are looking, I can see FF becoming a paragon of innovation in the East. SE's getting their act together, and I can see a resurgence in the future.

Yep, I even bought it for a month, it was pretty fun.

Heh, well seeing how she fell limp and her eyes were open...I'm gonna say no.

Not particularly, unless they do a modern tribute to the original games.

When I was young. My brother asked my dad for FFVII, and then everything else was pretty much history. I've been playing the games since then.
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:15 AM
«Chuckles»

Hey there Jiggly Jello and Machomuu! welcome to the club

PairFriend Code
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here