• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Just some art and stuff

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Spoiler:

I like this one, it's a nice picture and you caught his eyes really well, such a cutie :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thanks, Jz {:

Here's a recolor of Moltres. Someone I know who seen the sprite while I was working on it suggested that the body be white, so I went with light gray. I really like the way it turned out, actually.

155631_586385098053334_778681405_n.jpg

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha thanks, it does. I hadn't even noticed that.
Quick question to other people- is the Moltres showing up? I can't see it anymore, but I'm not going to bother replacing it, so long as everyone else can see it.

I have plenty of free time today, so I'm going to spend it redoing my old sprite recolors that were saved as JPG and turned out horribly. I'll post some of them later, once they're done.

Years
Don't save pixel art as .JPG file formats, it destroys the colour clarity and blurs the image with artefacts, which just ruins the overall quality. Save them as .PNG files, maybe .GIF if they're animated but MS Paint will also mess up the colour quality of .GIFs, so I'd advise you to use Photoshop for saving .GIFs.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That's why I was planning to redo them. I was already told to save them as .PNG, but that was after I finished almost all of my recolors.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've been lazy and keep forgetting to update this. Just some photography. I might post a sketch of my new Fakemon later, though.

This one totally looks like it should be a wallpaper on someone's computer. I:
Spoiler:

Haha just showing off the zoom my camera has. ;D
...Actually, it was someone else's that I used, but we have the exact same camera.
Spoiler:

I know it's partially blurry, but this just looks cool. Ignore the blurriness, please.
Spoiler:

Crux

Evermore
Years
How can you say that's not beautiful/it's boring?!

The last one's awesome, albeit slightly off center. ;x

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Because I'm very harsh about my photos? [;
I'd say over 90% of my pictures don't ever make it off my camera, honestly.

Yeah...I was rushing to take that picture. It just ended up looking pretty cool, because of the trees. It also has several blurry areas, such as the pink tree off to the lefthand side.

Actually, now that I look closer, two of them are pixelated and messed up. I really need to find a better way of uploading them- I think that's why they end up being wrecked.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Actually, now that I look closer, two of them are pixelated and messed up. I really need to find a better way of uploading them- I think that's why they end up being wrecked.

Man, that's why I'm terrible at critiquing photography. I can't see any pixelation at all. In fact, all of the latest three photos look pretty great to me. Moreover, I don't see any blurriness in the third photo at all. I mean, maybe in the top right, but I'd call that creative license if anything. :x

I love the one of that bird though. The positioning and the contrast in color is really eye-catching. I especially admire how difficult that must have been, given the bird is mid flight. The railroad tracks are definitely nice to look at too. I really like the linear feel of the photo itself with all of the parallel lines in it. It definitely forces me to look at certain points of the picture and guides the audience well. Not to mention, you picked a really nice time of year to take that photo. n_n; That pink is beautiful.

Excellent update Slenderman. Sorry it took me so long to get to it. x_x; I just often lack the words to critique photography, as mentioned.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, thank you very much. {:

Honestly, that bird was flying over a graveyard I was standing in (to take pictures), so I just took several photos before it flew away, and that one turned out the best.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've updated the photography (removed old pictures and added new ones).
I'll try to add drawings tomorrow, but only if I can get some that are good enough. x:

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
There is a place near my house where the ice forms out of the rocks like that I love looking at it

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'll add this to the front page, as well.
I assume some of you have seen the realistic lighter drawing that's floating around the internet? Well, I got a lighter and gave it a try.

Spoiler:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Time to revive this place.

I've been recoloring Pokemon sprites to fit certain seasons.
Turtwig here is Autumn.

547074_637189009639609_1243936257_n.jpg

I'm too lazy to make it transparent. ;D

Aaaand here's a photo I took a few days ago.
58157_637199966305180_2132981560_n.jpg

Excuse the poor quality. I had to copy it off my facebook. I:

Last edited:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Don't talk down to yourself. Those pictures look pretty great! I really like the frozen waterfall and the train track photos.

I wish I could say something about your sprites, but I can't see them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thanks. (:

Hmm, that's happened to a few people, I wonder why. I'll have to try uploading them a different way.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thank you (:

Now then. I've been intending to draw the entire Hoenn Pokedex, because I'm least familiar with those Pokemon. I'll try to post most (if not all) of the drawings. I might do some with my non-dominant hand for practice. I already finished Gulpin, but the picture turned out *huge*, so I'll have to post it another time.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i like how you have a nice variety of artwork, such as the pixels, drawings, and photography. i would definitely edit the first post to add everything in.

for your photography, it's very nice. the one i didn't like was the fog one bc everythig was blurry xD the sunset is pretty tho.

the drawing of the lighter, needs a bit of work. it's hard to see since it seems so sketchy. also, the curve of the lighter makes it seems like the lighter is falling. making sure when doing a shadow it fades and gets darker.

keep posting. nicely done.

Back