The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Advertise here
-UPDATE-

I know it seems like nothing is happening with this hack... and it seems I have nothing to show you... but thats cause posting is boring and hacking is not... I am progressing at a decent rate with no major hickups as of yet... things are coming along nicely... im just not screenshoting every 2 seconds... sorry ;P

So far in the world of Orange Islands... Half of the islands are complete... the player can get 2 gym badges, play the unknown event, the kabuto event, the crystal onix event is completed but players cannot play it because they need rocksmash and I have not added it yet...

the firs gym battle is kinda forced on the player to get them involved in the orange league, the second one is a bit more out of the way... you must climb a rather large ice mountian before Danny will even fight you. it forces the player to get and use the HM move Waterfall, which could suck if you dont want it on the pokemon you have... because the nearest PC is far away. heads up NOT EVERY ISLAND HAS A PC or mart... but most importantly this means not every island can be flown too... so eve with fly expect to do some traveling to get where you wanna go.

I have just started mapping Mandarin Island, which is where most of the story progression happens... you will meet up with some friendly characters and beat up the badguys and recover the GS ball aswell as finally get the Tripass (which I will rename) to get back to kanto and give the GS ball to Oak...

On mandarin island there will be 2 flyable towns, one near each beach (east and west) because mandarin island devides the orange reef into 2 separate cul-de-sacs if you will. there will be a large mountain with a gold mine where the rockets will be operating, you must infiltrate the massive mine and take out the leaders to retrieve the GS Ball

I have wrote Oaks scripts as well as Ivys sothat they will both say many different things during the course of the orange quest.

I started work on the world map... but since all the islands are not done I stopped... right now in game all the tiles used in the 3 sevii island maps have been removed, but I do have a new tielset with the eastern half of Orange Reef tiles inserted... I just have not finished it cause the whole map cant be done yet.

After retrieving the GS ball you can take it to OAK and he will take it from you, you can also talk to IVY who will give you the Silver Wing (already scripted and the item has been added) which will call Lugia from the bottom of the Mine
After beating the Orange League Champ yo uare rewarded with the Rainbow Wing, which can call Ho-oh from the Top of the mine

now... about the 2000 movie event... and the 1st movie event... the first movie event happened to ash... the island was mewtwos creating and would be pointless to recreate because YOU are not ash... the 2000 movie event happend to ash BUT the 3 islands were real(as real as fake tv shows get) so adding the 3 mystical bird islands is a realistic option, making it so the 3 birds dont appear in kanto is an option...

so the playr will find the 3 islands and will find alters on each, by placing the proper stone on the alter the bird will be "released" into its normal spot in kanto... zapdos and articuno will be released this way... after releasing zapdos and articuno and ONLY after releasing BOTH can you go onto moltres' island and release him, who will attack you and you can catch him right there on the island.
lugia is still asleep under the sea like in the movie (till you wake him with the silver wing).

as for legendaries before the e4... there is only mew... sucks to be guys who need legendaries to win
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

So what about celibe or w.e? I know the gs ball had something to do with him, is be obtainable?

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Currently looking for: Hp flying or icy wind Timid Keldeo(Tho I don't have much to offer) 5iv timid defog Latios.
Currently offeringhiny 6iv Sceptile, Shiny Deoxys, Shiny Darkrai
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:09 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Celebi will be given to you when you complete the pokedex (250)
that will be when Oak figures out how to open the GS Ball...

Im not sure if I mentioned it before... but thats the plan... infact the script has already been put in the game (although untested)

and I dont know who w.e is?
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

This may sound alittle stupid but I thinm you should add tbe mewtwo event, and add one more change. Here's my idea, Mewtwo captured lugia and made him into a clone (The clone being shadow lugia)? Lugia manages to escape. Anyway the idea is there, but this would allow players to capture both lugia and shadow lugia. I know it sounds stupid tho. Anyways you could mame that explain how team rocket got shadow Lugia some how.

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Currently looking for: Hp flying or icy wind Timid Keldeo(Tho I don't have much to offer) 5iv timid defog Latios.
Currently offeringhiny 6iv Sceptile, Shiny Deoxys, Shiny Darkrai
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

-UPDATE-

so... the fire, ice and lightning orbs from the pokemon 2000 movie have been added AND placed in KANTO. players will find the orbs, and keep them in their key items pocket until they have access to West Orange Islands...

once in West Orange Islands (not mapped yet) the player must find "Trio Islands" and enter each of the 3 chambers to place the Orbs...

I have scripted the events that take place on "Trio Islands" aswell as mapped the insides of the chambers... I have not mapped the actual islands yet because Im nowhere near starting on West Orange Islands... i have to finish Mandarin Island first.

Articuno and Zapdos cannot be found in Kanto until AFTER the player places the orbs in their chamber (in trio islands) and the Moltres chamber cannot be entered until AFTER the Ice and Lightning Orbs have been placed.

Once the player has access to Moltres's chamber and places the Fire Orb in its slot, Moltres will fight you immediately. (if you lose the fight, moltres will fight you every time you enter the chamber[till you win], even though you dont have the Fire Orb anymore)

All of this has been scripted and tested

I "removed" articuno and zapdos by simply setting both their flags upon entering the room where you get surf (in the safari zone)... without surf the player couldnt reach either bird so there is no chance of the player seeing the birds before they are hidden away.

Here is a video, ignore the random door an hidden item an Palette town...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40v4gyCEiOo

ALSO... due to me placing the orbs in kanto I have slightly altered the layout of some areas... keep an eye out for subtle changes to find the orbs.

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; July 14th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

ok, lets talk about whats left...

first I have to make a for East Mandarin Island... this town will have the hot springs event allowing players to get rocksmash and go get some things they missed due to not having it...

this town is also overrun by team rocket...

I have to make a desert (somehow) with an abandonded gold/silver mine in it which is being used as team rockets HQ while they hunt lugia...

then I need a town in West Mandarin Island... this town will have the trainer tower event... fun fun...

then I need to make all of West Orange islands... which contains 3 main islands trovita, kumquat and pumello aswell as the trio islands (fire, ice and lightning) where the mystical birds are unlocked...

then there is a few touchups and itll be done...

but I would like some input... I have some AWESOME ideas for mini games... I wanna make like a game town somewhere... with houses that contain mini games the player can win prizes and whatnot... WHERE should I put them?

East Mandarin, West Mandarin, Trovita, Kumquat, or Pumello...

keep in mind, East Mandarin will have lots to do (dealing with team rocket), West Mandarin has the Trainer Tower, Trovita and Kumquat both have gym leaders and Pumello is where you fight the Champ... Im leaning towards one of the west orange islands because mandarin will have so much on it already. but which one?
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post

but I would like some input... I have some AWESOME ideas for mini games... I wanna make like a game town somewhere... with houses that contain mini games the player can win prizes and whatnot... WHERE should I put them?

East Mandarin, West Mandarin, Trovita, Kumquat, or Pumello...

keep in mind, East Mandarin will have lots to do (dealing with team rocket), West Mandarin has the Trainer Tower, Trovita and Kumquat both have gym leaders and Pumello is where you fight the Champ... Im leaning towards one of the west orange islands because mandarin will have so much on it already. but which one?
I am leaning towards Pumello because right before you fight the champion, you can take a break for a little while and try all the mini-games.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

UPDATE:

for the past few weeks this hack has been on the back burner

I have been working on another "psudo secret" hack... there will be no big announcement for my current hack till it is released... sorry...

BUT its nearly done (like 80%) and I will be back on FR+ in full swing as soon as I finish this one... (its a rather small hack for a private party) shouldn't take me more than 2 weeks to get her all finished up

I will keep you posted.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

I have a couple questions for the "default FR" side of things. Are the Pokemon appearances to be modified akin to Ultra Violet in Kanto, basically melding FireRed and LeafGreen together? Or are we looking at the exact same as FR and all the LeafGreen 'mons in that version go to the islands?

Also will we be able to have the option of catching our own starter again? I liked that idea.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:49 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I have not placed the mojority of pokemon (thats one of the last things I do)... but most of them will probably be found in the orange islands... NOT in kanto...

I am undecided on the catch your starter event... dont know yet...
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
This loooks interesting can't wait to play it.
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
awipe1

I really think this is a cool idea, and I bet you can pull it off, but I only have one problem with it.

With what you said, it sounds like the rest of the game is going to stay as normal fire red, and the only thing that will change is after you beat the elite four, you go to orange islands.

That's nice and all but that's only like 10-20% of game play compared to the rest of fire reds gameplay.

It's a cool idea and all but I myself wouldn't play through fire red just to play through only like 1-2 hours of gameplay.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:54 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

its 4 more gyms and 1 champ... plus a large rocket event... its closer to 50% more game... so the fire red would be 66% and the orange islands would be 33% (and the whole game would be extended)
Old September 1st, 2013, 10:42 AM
speedking535

Hey I was wondering is the pokemon movie 1 and 2 going to be in there?
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

it has been covered in this thread... that no the first movie will not be in this hack and portions of the second movie (like the layout of the islands) will be...

this hack is not based on the anime in any way other than the islands and a few (very few) cameo apearances
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
speedking535

Ok how long do you think you will get done with the orange island part?
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
oshizlgzngahr

This hack sounds great. Can't wait for it to be completed.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Kanto's Hero

Nature: Quiet
sounds cool. can't wait for it to be completed
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

The only other orange islands hack i heard of was naranja and that was really messed up after the 2nd gym with so many glitches

Anyway ilike your story for it and if you need and spriting help just PM me

Old December 30th, 2013, 08:23 PM
zak onlive

You should make a final battle with giovanni on a lab with him having mewtwo hooked up to a machine so he can controller its and when u defeat him the lab explodes and giovanni supposedley dies (if u make a sequel he could return half android or normal wateves) and a message box pops up and;its says something like u c mewtwo flying to blah blu blah and after words u see a pokeball wit mew on it
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:26 AM
Walshie1992

so when do you expect to be releasing the final game?
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Red7381

Nature: Serious
I think their still trying to finish it and they did post that there was a secret hack they were working on.
Old January 31st, 2014, 07:37 PM
Bangladeshi
Green Pride of Red Blood!

Nature: Relaxed
I Like your Idea about adding The orange islands,but the problem is it's that old Pokemon Red story which people has been playing from 1996,It will be hard to gain more and more attention(no offense).Add some Story twist,Spices and maybe some Romances it will add a lot of fun to it plus a bit of Graphics change is also important !Btw,You Know it well because it's your hack,I am going to play it anyways!
Banging on your Chest!
Old February 9th, 2014, 01:31 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I just wanted to say that I finished my other hack (pokemon Rocket Science) and have started college. so time is short. but I have begun work on finishing this hack.

all is good. but there is still alot to go. mostly maps and story scripting... lotsa work to do
Old February 9th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Red7381

Nature: Serious
Awesome. Im going to check out rocket science, hopefully you finish plus orange im really looking forward to seeing it complete.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here