• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
I wish I could snuggle my lady >__< She is so beautiful. I hope I can visit her next summer, or as early as spring. If my parents will let me... e__e

I dunno if I'd say I'm lonely exactly, just...wanting to be near!

Awwwwzzz! I hope so too! That must be tough! Does she like live on campus?

I for one think that everyone should be self-sufficient/independent and have realistic direction in life (not become a rockstar or live on disability), that is, know what their aspirations, and some, even if they are vague, goals in life, prior to starting a serious relationship.

I for one am not into the whole ephemeral relationships that are carefree and artificial "love yas" are thrown out there the entire month, if that, the relationship lasts. Though, these types of artificial relationships may last much longer, and that it especially why, for those who don't want this, to establish themselves in the ways described above to avoid being stuck in a one of these! Also, never date out of loneliness, that is another sure-fire way to end up here!

I am enjoying my two-year hiatus from dating, as of this month, and I feel as if I am more able to establish and accomplish my goals without having to deal with another person. This time in my life is about me, only. I would suggest others do the same at this juncture, assuming you are just a few years out of high school.

Though, I totally get what you guys are talking about. Having that physical contact with another person is a great and comforting feeling. I just know it's best not to rely on someone else for my happiness just yet. Though, the time is getting there. I will be ready by April, graduation. Classes started today, and the thought of graduating and moving has just become so much more real. I have devoloped this mindset over the duration of the past two year, and it's just a few more months, 8 or so, until I will be ready for a commitment, after diving back into the whole dating thing. The prospect is exciting. I have realized, it's not about raising your standards in those you date; rather, it's about raising the standards of ourselves first, and dating someone we feel that we deserve. I had a lower opinion of myself then, and dated accordingly, to what I thought that I deserved; though he was attractive, everything else was abysmal! So, that would be my ultimate advice. Date someone you feel like you deserve, and make yourself more deserving!

You sound so robotic and cold xD "I love yas" and stuff are what make relationships fun xD

May I join? I'm pro LGBTS all the way. I'm a heterosexual male but can't find myself romantically right now. Well, I'm not sure of anything right now.

BTW, after reading, reading a lot xD, back in the thread I've concluded that you are all very intelligent, I' ve seen very intelligent discussions and arguments. Hopefully I can get some help here and help others as well. :)

Welcome! And from what I've been told, the joining process is very informal. All you basically do is introduce yourself, get involved here in discussion, and Shining Raichu will recognize you and put your name on the list.

I agree :) People often start off a 'relationship' with a sprint, rather than a walk. They have a date, hang out a few times and are instantly together.

I knew/dated my current boyfriend for about a month before we were 'in a relationship' and now, 7 months later, we still are. Meanwhile, my friends who rushed too quickly are now doubting themselves. One lasted two months and the other got to about five.

Of course, everyone is different with that they want in a relationship (or if they want one at all) but I think there is way too much pressure to label someone your boyfriend/girlfriend preemptively... which can just lead to disappointment.

Welcome Omicron! :D

Everyone's different and every relationship is different. I've dated guys and the chemistry and attraction was just so high and others, it took longer to gain chemistry. And I can honestly say that neither one of those two situations had a higher success rate than the other.

And I love yous are fine, you just need to get to a point where you mean it.

Last edited:
Years
I for one think that everyone should be self-sufficient/independent and have realistic direction in life (not become a rockstar or live on disability), that is, know what their aspirations, and some, even if they are vague, goals in life, prior to starting a serious relationship.

I think that's why people's first relationships usually don't work out in the end, 'cuz lots of first relationships happen when you're young and still figuring out your future.

Heck, I know a few people in their 20s and 30s who still don't have their futures figured out and are having dating issues because of it.

Years
I think that's why people's first relationships usually don't work out in the end, 'cuz lots of first relationships happen when you're young and still figuring out your future.

Heck, I know a few people in their 20s and 30s who still don't have their futures figured out and are having dating issues because of it.

OMG! Your avatar is adorable xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Hi, I was wondering if I can join this club. Been looking at it on and off for a while. I support and all for it. I'm not sure I'm heterosexual but anything can be possible. (Though always been heterosexual ) But I like to chat here and meet others. I love helping and I care for others a lot. Nice meeting you all. :)

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I'm seriously starting to think I overestimated that puddle earlier. >:\

ANYWHO

Question for people that now live in areas that allow gay marriage. My state, Minnesota, just legalized gay marriage, with the starting date August first. How has allowing gay marriage effected the LGBT community in your area? Are people being more open?

Because I'm sort of noticing that. People are being way more open with their orientation, I mean, someone flirted with me at the grocery store, and I'm pretty sure I've seen that woman before, since I go to the same store every week. She must live in the area. Just something tells me that she would not have done that a month ago.

Hi, I was wondering if I can join this club. Been looking at it on and off for a while. I support and all for it. I'm not sure I'm heterosexual but anything can be possible. (Though always been heterosexual ) But I like to chat here and meet others. I love helping and I care for others a lot. Nice meeting you all. :)

Nice to meet ya.

Welcome to the club, Shining will now sing you the theme song.

*waits*

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Question for people that now live in areas that allow gay marriage. My state, Minnesota, just legalized gay marriage, with the starting date August first. How has allowing gay marriage effected the LGBT community in your area? Are people being more open?

Well considering the fact that gay marriage isn't legal in Australia and the party that is supporting Gay Marriage probably isn't going to win in the election.... I"ll get back to you in 5-20 years.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well considering the fact that gay marriage isn't legal in Australia and the party that is supporting Gay Marriage probably isn't going to win in the election.... I"ll get back to you in 5-20 years.

Don't worry, I'm gonna vote for them and there seems to be a lot of support for them in my area! I wouldn't write them off just yet - a lot of people don't like Tony Abbott.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm still confused as to which areas allow gay marriage and which areas don't, it's all happening so fast! I actually had a gay marriage discussion with a friend of mine. He said he doesn't have anything against gays but is against gay marriage for complicated reasons. Basically, he thinks it will result in a population decrease. I believe marriage is just a title and won't affect the number of homosexuals nor the amount of couples that want children. There's no reason it shouldn't be legalized.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Basically, he thinks it will result in a population decrease.

I hate to break it to your friend but this is actually a good thing. There are far too many people in the world anyway o_o.

Plus I don't see how us getting married would stop straight couples reproducing in anyway. It's a bit of a silly reason :D.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Plus I don't see how us getting married would stop straight couples reproducing in anyway. It's a bit of a silly reason :D.

B-b-but that's impossible! Letting gays marry means that our kids will turn out to be gay and the whole world will will DIE!!!!!!

That's what I would say anyway.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I just... don't understand. The mind boggles so much that Australia wants Tony Abbott. They all know he's mad as a cut snake, it's ridiculous. There is no alternative so bad that Tony Abbott is the correct option. The worst part of it is that Kevin Rudd finally changed his position on gay marriage, just when it was too late.

Years
Come to Canada, bro. We're pretty much the same country - Anglo, immigrants, population, economy, huge amounts of territory where nobody lives, the natives we forget about, proud military traditions, and plenty of uranium! Same-sex marriage included.

-----

So I'm cruising along the internet and PC and find myself on r/genderqueer. Then I read this:

But after puberty hit, my peers became quite vocal about how I wasn't a normal girl. Girls don't play video games and read Plato. Girls wear bras, talk about boys, put on makeup, dress pretty and torture themselves with hot wax. I was puzzled because I just couldn't see the point in doing all those things. Bras are uncomfortable. Baggy clothes are more practical. Waxing hurts. Putting on makeup is boring.

I became widely known at school as "the tranny" and I was soon convinced there was something wrong with me.

Don't play video games and read Plato, wtf? Who makes that **** up? That just read as the most stereotypical, ignorant, mischaracterized approach to gender that I've seen in a long time. Really, Plato? Philosophizing is a man's work? I've honestly never heard of that one before. And a personality like that --> tranny? Those are some messed up assumptions with some messed up people involving someone who needs to take a damn good look at the rest of the world instead of those who happen to be in her immediate community before making sweeping conclusions like that. There is more to life than what the people physically around you think.

rant over. More serious and controversial question:

We generally take everybody who's questioning their gender or orientation seriously. Should we? Is this the case for all people? If not - when is it appropriate not to take someone seriously? I know this is a touchy subject for those of us personally invested, but it's not targeted at anybody in particular and if we can agree "all" is an overstatement, is it wrong to doubt the others?

http://www.reddit.com/r/genderqueer/comments/1lqfqj/so_theres_nothing_wrong_with_me_after_all/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
I had a question or just curious about some things. I know some people that are christian but support gays/trans/bi's/lesbian. The others who are christian too that say "Oh your going be dammed if you support or do that" I mean this is my view with it. I see nothing wrong with supporting or choosing that. Even though it is in the bible or people who strongly believe its really bad. I think people only should get judge on there character and good morels and are a good person or not. Than what they are sexual attracted to the same sex or changing gender.

I support people who choose than and will never look at them wrong like some people do. Since the don't know it well or like it. We bleed the same color so what? I mean I don't judged since I got judged myself and bullied for my race. So I would never not like someone who likes the same sex. I support.

Also sorry if I sad something wrong in this post. o.o

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I had a question or just curious about some things. I know some people that are christian but support gays/trans/bi's/lesbian. The others who are christian too that say "Oh your going be dammed if you support or do that" I mean this is my view with it. I see nothing wrong with supporting or choosing that. Even though it is in the bible or people who strongly believe its really bad. I think people only should get judge on there character and good morels and are a good person or not. Than what they are sexual attracted to the same sex or changing gender.

I support people who choose than and will never look at them wrong like some people do. Since the don't know it well or like it. We bleed the same color so what? I mean I don't judged since I got judged myself and bullied for my race. So I would never not like someone who likes the same sex. I support.

Also sorry if I sad something wrong in this post. o.o

I... I think I missed the question here.

We generally take everybody who's questioning their gender or orientation seriously. Should we? Is this the case for all people?

Oooh touchy subject here. Should we take everyone seriously - I think it depends on what counts as serious or not.

For example, I don't think an 11 year old saying they are trans/gay/bi/pigeon should be encouraged or discouraged - in a sense. So they should know they'd be supported by their friend or family but it should be made clear that it doesn't matter - a decision doesn't need to be made.

Some people undoubtably suggest things to get attention. I know many gay people who claim to be bi - should they be taken seriously? Well, I can't see in to their heads. Does it even matter.

Did that even make sense?...

Phantom1

Years
For example, I don't think an 11 year old saying they are trans/gay/bi/pigeon should be encouraged or discouraged - in a sense. So they should know they'd be supported by their friend or family but it should be made clear that it doesn't matter - a decision doesn't need to be made.

Some people undoubtably suggest things to get attention. I know many gay people who claim to be bi - should they be taken seriously? Well, I can't see in to their heads. Does it even matter.

I don't think it's the fact of being encouraged or discouraged, I think it's more of showing support. Support doesn't have to mean encourage. Support just means that you tell the person that you're there for them, whatever their choice is. Support, I think, is more important than encouragement. Encouragement in a situation like finding your sexuality, or figuring out your gender, sounds like peer pressure to me.

You mentioned that you know gay people who claim to be bi, well I know straight people that claim to be bi or even gay to get attention. (In my opinion these people are sick, but I digress) There are cliques where being gay is interpreted as not really cool, but attention grabbing. Where people see you as different and want to cling to you because they think its cool. Part of this is why when I told my mother I was questioning, she asked if it was someone elses' influence. She said I was just saying it because so and so was doing it.

Every situation is different though. But support is what everyone needs. Encouragement, discouragement... they make it sound like there's an option, like they're making a choice on whether to try out for the 'insert sport' team. You need to support them, not their change. Don't point out there differences, they are who they are, they are just discovering who they are.

Speaking of discovering.

So...

My heads a bit swirly right now.

Earlier I realized how gay I was... but... then I met a guy. **** I actually think I have a bit of a crush on him. Before that, I thought I had me figured out. Then I realized, I still feel that I'm asexual, I mean, sex is never something that's important to me, something I care about or even enjoy. Actually, I really really don't like it.

But an emotional connection. Getting back to where I started, it's like I've done a lap.

And I did my research, looking at other asexual people, blogs, etc. Because that's how my brain works. When I don't know something I research, a lot. It's part of my Asperger's.

Demi romantic kept coming up.

Anyone willing to offer assistance?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
So...

My heads a bit swirly right now.

Earlier I realized how gay I was... but... then I met a guy. **** I actually think I have a bit of a crush on him. Before that, I thought I had me figured out. Then I realized, I still feel that I'm asexual, I mean, sex is never something that's important to me, something I care about or even enjoy. Actually, I really really don't like it.

But an emotional connection. Getting back to where I started, it's like I've done a lap.

And I did my research, looking at other asexual people, blogs, etc. Because that's how my brain works. When I don't know something I research, a lot. It's part of my Asperger's.

Demi romantic kept coming up.

Anyone willing to offer assistance?
I went through the exact same thing through most of last year. I kept trying to figure out exactly who I was. I wanted to narrow it down to a single label that I could confidently say was me. After coming out to a lot of my friends, and trying to explain all of the nuances of my sexuality to them, I realized... who cares? Frankly, I don't, and I seriously doubt anyone that I'm not romantically engaged with does either. I guess I've just become jaded, but it's so much easier to just say **** it, and be me the way I want to be. If anyone asks, I say I'm bi, which is entirely inaccurate, but it's just not worth worrying about it, and it's certainly not worth explaining it to people that have never heard of a sexuality other than gay, straight, or bi.

At first, I thought I was straight, then realized I was gay, then I decided that I'm probably just bi, then realized I must be homoromantic polysexual gynephiliac, who's actual preference changes every few months. I think you can see why I stopped trying. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's how I'm dealing with the exact same situation. I also have Asperger's as well, although I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

This was a rant for my own sake as much as to respond to you, so sorry if it seemed aggressive. I'm just angry at myself over it.

Last edited:

Phantom1

Years
This was a rant for my own sake as much as to respond to you, so sorry if it seemed aggressive. I'm just angry at myself over it.

Naw, I am too. Like. I don't know... Facts. I tend to think in facts a lot of the time with something, and the thing is there is no black and white when it comes to things, at least, this thing. It's why I read blogs, to see how others feel, and to see if their conclusions and experiences match my own.

Though demiromantic seems to be the answer... this week. >:/

Back