Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
How can i do 6 0n 6 online matches in White 2?I can only do 3 on 3.
On Random Matchup 6v6 is for Triples only. To play 6v6 Singles, you have to connect with a friend then set up your own rules.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mibbles

So I've recently decided that I'd like to play pokemon and I've borrowed my brother's copy of White, and once I'm done with that I'll be playing his copy of Black 2. I'd like to know what would be the cheapest/easiest way to backup his save game, so as to allow me to create my own?
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibbles View Post
So I've recently decided that I'd like to play pokemon and I've borrowed my brother's copy of White, and once I'm done with that I'll be playing his copy of Black 2. I'd like to know what would be the cheapest/easiest way to backup his save game, so as to allow me to create my own?
Sadly I don't think you can do that because Pokemon games can only have one save file at a time. You can try getting your own copies of the game yourself.
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
I sold my Nintendo DS lite and got a 3DS and now game sync has been out of energy for more than 24 hours!!! how do I fix???
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
I sold my Nintendo DS lite and got a 3DS and now game sync has been out of energy for more than 24 hours!!! how do I fix???
What exactly do you mean "out of energy"? I know for a fact when you change systems your friend code needs to renew, so try that, but I've never even heard of this problem.

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
What exactly do you mean "out of energy"? I know for a fact when you change systems your friend code needs to renew, so try that, but I've never even heard of this problem.
the message reads "Game Sync Has Run Out Of Energy. It Will Take A Day To Recharge." BUT IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DAY!!! WHAT DO I DO????

WHY IS NOBODY HELPING ME???????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Moltres Rider; September 13th, 2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It takes more than 24 hours to resync most of the time. This is not something anyone here can help you with. All we can do is state what we did, how it happened to us and what not.

Contacting Gamefreak and TPC or Nintendo will give you a generic message.

Your game cannot be played for the duration of the 24 hours iirc. If it still does not fix after that try contacting TPC or Nintendo with your issue, in a respectible manner. No ALL CAPS AND EXCLAMATIONS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a person were to see that in their inbox when looking over their technical difficulties reviews they will close your issue and completely ignore you.

The only thing you can do is wait it out. It will sync eventually so long as they don't shut down the site.
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
the message reads "Game Sync Has Run Out Of Energy. It Will Take A Day To Recharge." BUT IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DAY!!! WHAT DO I DO????

WHY IS NOBODY HELPING ME???????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To add what the mighty Ampharos guy said, normally you can't access Dream World if you use your game cartridges on a different DS/3DS from the one that you usually use. In your case, you're using your new 3DS, your Gen V game recognise your 3DS as a new DS, therefore you have to wait for an another 24 hours. If my answer doesn't work, please follow Xander's advice, contact Nintendo and/or Game Freak. AND STOP SPAMMING THOSE CAPS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! IT'S EXTREMELY IRRITATING TO SEE!!!!
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:17 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
I keep getting blown back to the same corner of Mistralton Gym (see the attached screenshot). No matter which pathway I try, those pesky wind machines keep me from reaching any trainer beyond the first. What should I do, short of giving up?
Ingeborg S. Nordén

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"

Last edited by ISNorden; September 15th, 2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hikamaru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
I keep getting blown back to the same corner of Mistralton Gym (see the attached screenshot). No matter which pathway I try, those pesky wind machines keep me from reaching any trainer beyond the first. Whzt should I do, short of giving up?
Try watching this video, it should give you the directions:

Spoiler:
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

How do I use the machine on the route right of Opelucid City to transfer Pokémon from SoulSilver to my Black game??? I don't know what to do on the SoulSilver end
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
How do I use the machine on the route right of Opelucid City to transfer Pokémon from SoulSilver to my Black game??? I don't know what to do on the SoulSilver end
You don't actually do anything on SoulSilver. Your Black on DS#1 will send a downloadable app to DS#2 (which has SS inserted). Download it from DS#2's menu, and a minigame will appear. Play that and it will transfer the Pokemon to Black.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
If I remember right, on the Soul Silver/Heart Gold end, you go to DS Download play on the main menu and select the Gen V game you're playing. You should then be prompted to select the six Pokemon you want to transfer, and then you do the minigame with the launcher.
Old September 26th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I believe this will be my second time doing this, but I know it will be my last. A lot of the questions I have recently seen pop up here in both Quick Questions threads have been pretty off topic from the Fifth Generation. If you have a small question concerning Black and White, or Black 2 and White 2, please, post them in their respective Quick Questions thread. Otherwise, if you have questions about such things as EV/IVs, damage calculation, Hidden Power calculation, ROMs, trading, competitive battling of any kind, in-game team help, which of the Fifth Generation games you should buy, do not post them here.

Competitive Battling help can be found here: Battle Center
Trading Pokemon can be found here: Trade Corner
In-Game Team Help can be found here: In-Game Team Help thread
Other Pokemon General Gaming topics can be found here: Pokemon Gaming Central

If in no way your question does not specifically, 100% deal with the Fifth Generation, such as Pokemon locations, Pokemon movesets, Pokemon etc, trainers, gym leaders, characters, areas, item locations, what to do next, etc, your post will be deleted, and you will receive a warning from here on out.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Nhadaly

I dont know if this question should go on the team help or here, but ill ask;

Is Gothitelle a good pokemon?
I am trying to get started on Pokemon videos, i need some feedback though, i might do commentaries in the future once i feel confident!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CounterstrikerGS
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhadaly View Post

Defensively she is not bad on the Special Defense aspect, good Special Attack.
But her Ability is a bit lacking. You might try to consider others such as Gardevoir, Alakazam and Reuniclus.
Free! Pokémon with Hidden Ability here!!
Happy Prince's DW Shop
3DS Friend Code: 3695-0268-1834

CSS originally by laugh
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Hikamaru
Community Supporter

Quote:

I'll try and assist you here.

I happened to use a Gothitelle on my team in my first Black playthrough and it's pretty decent in my opinion. I gave mine a STAB move, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball (for coverage) and some filler status move, did her job pretty well. I know that most other Psychic-types available in the game aside from Gothitelle, Sigilyph and Swoobat are slow but hit hard. Sigilyph is slightly better due to the secondary Flying-type (Swoobat has it too, but its stats are something to laugh at, plus I used Sigi on my Black 2 playthrough) but Gothitelle's still pretty good. If I had a good run using it, I'm sure you will too, plus her Frisk ability can be handy for hunting for items on wild Pokemon.

If I were to compare Gothi to the other Psychics in-game, it hits less harder than Reuniclus (White exclusive), Beheeyem, Sigilyph and Musharna, but it's got well-balanced stats.
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:58 PM
ZaneTSPR

If I am trying to fill up my pokedex (all 649) is B2/W2 necessary?
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Juxapose

Quote:
If I am trying to fill up my pokedex (all 649) is B2/W2 necessary?
Yes, since Kyurem is unique to those games.

Is there a way to catch a Thundurus that is NOT Impish nature? Every time I soft reset the game, I always get an Impish Thundurus. This nature sucks because it lowers special attack in exchange for defense (or special defense, IDK).
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hikamaru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
Is there a way to catch a Thundurus that is NOT Impish nature? Every time I soft reset the game, I always get an Impish Thundurus. This nature sucks because it lowers special attack in exchange for defense (or special defense, IDK).
Impish nature boosts Defense, and lowers Sp. Attack fyi.

I believe the nature is set as soon as Thundurus is released, so that means I guess you need to save before you encounter it the first time (aka when it's an overworld sprite) so that you can still soft-reset for nature, IVs etc. Remember, a roamer's nature is set as soon as it is released and will stay that way, so to soft-reset you need to save before encountering it for the first time.
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Juxapose

Bleh, I wish the game told us that before we encounter it.

Anyway to knock it out, and re-encounter it with different nature/IV scores?
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Hikamaru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Bleh, I wish the game told us that before we encounter it.

Anyway to knock it out, and re-encounter it with different nature/IV scores?
Yeah, just knock it out if you're not happy with it, beat the Elite Four and then return back to where you originally found it. Make sure you save before encountering it!
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:09 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Yes, since Kyurem is unique to those games.

Correction: you don't need ALL 649 Pokemon to complete the National Dex. The event Pokemon Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect are excluded.

Old October 20th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Nhadaly

Can anyone tell me a good HM Slave for victory road? I dont want to teach my pokemon random hm moves.
I am trying to get started on Pokemon videos, i need some feedback though, i might do commentaries in the future once i feel confident!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CounterstrikerGS
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Can anyone tell me a good HM Slave for victory road? I dont want to teach my pokemon random hm moves.
HMs aren't mandatory in this Victory Road. You can pass it without HMs. You only need them if you want to push the boulders to create shortcuts.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here