• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
50GB sounds wonderful although I don't even know how I'd fill it. XD; Out of curiosity after that post I looked up how much space I'd actually used out of my quota on Dropbox and I'm sitting at 1.9/29.38GB. I have a lot of high res (well, sort of) scans and PSD files and all that. I figured I was getting at least sort of close to the quota but apparently I'm not at all. (Not that that's any reason to complain!)

droomph

weeb
Years
i have one 2 TB backup drive

i don't hardware much, only software.

and speaking of using space, I clean out my drive every so often (have you ever had so many copies of NO$GBA that you cleaned up 6GBs?) and most of my stuff is crap anyways so…:p

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
50GB sounds wonderful although I don't even know how I'd fill it. XD; Out of curiosity after that post I looked up how much space I'd actually used out of my quota on Dropbox and I'm sitting at 1.9/29.38GB. I have a lot of high res (well, sort of) scans and PSD files and all that. I figured I was getting at least sort of close to the quota but apparently I'm not at all. (Not that that's any reason to complain!)

I've used 8.8gb out of the 55.5gb. It's almost all photos and videos I've taken from my phone, lol. It auto uploads.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't take many videos but I have my phone upload photos to Dropbox too... although only once I connect it to a computer because I don't have enough space for the Dropbox app itself on my phone.

Though I probably will when I get my new phone in about a month. D: I should probably start doing research on what I want to get, ick. (I've been dreading doing this for two years, haha.)

Years
I've used up 12.1% of 2.4GB (too lazy to see how much that is atm) on my Drobox account, and I will say I have a lot. Most of the stuff on my Dropbox is just photos I want to link to, that I can remove at my own control, and I store stuff I use for my avatar/sigs on PC in my Dropbox as well inside a folder that's in my public folder.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i have three 8 gb flashdrives. i should just buy one huge one, but the teachers collect the flashdrives, and i have a personal one :3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
This is bad... Looks like I'll have to buy a Surface RT to tide me over! Or an Acer Iconia W3.

At least they run Office.

Years
If it were me, I would rather go with the Iconia W3 over the Surface RT because at least the Iconia W3 runs Windows 8 and not RT, which means you can load normal Windows programs onto it. (I think, not too sure.. I have no experience with Windows 8/RT yet)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I... I'm actually kind of surprised at how well Windows RT works in practice to me.

I got the Surface RT after figuring that most of the apps that I do need (aside from compilers and IDEs, but I can use campus PCs for them) have RT equivalents. I don't really want to assault my eyes with a horrible display as found on the W3, and given that the Surface RT is much better made, and cheaper... yeah.

Also, a real USB port is more useful than you would imagine on RT.

Last edited:
Years
At least the apps/programs you need to use are compatible the the Surface RT. I have heard though that a lot of regular programs aren't.

And in other news, I haven't even owned the tablet for a whole month, and my Nexus 7's USB cable already has a short. *sigh*

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
At least the apps/programs you need to use are compatible the the Surface RT. I have heard though that a lot of regular programs aren't.

And in other news, I haven't even owned the tablet for a whole month, and my Nexus 7's USB cable already has a short. *sigh*

It actually feels nice to have a usable computer.

USB cables are easy to replace if not some weird connector cable.

Years
The connector is micro USB, and afaik is the only micro USB cable in the house :/ guess I'll have to buy a replacement and hopefully a longer one because it's too short as well

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Kind of funny how you can sync and manage Android tablets and phones with a Windows RT tablet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not a huge fan of the Surface RT. It features a light version of Windows 8 (which is one of the most unpopular OS), and you're unable to install any apps in it that are not signed by Microsoft. D: It's nice that they've dropped its price to $349, but it's still kind of expensive. With that amount of money, you could buy yourself a brand new laptop. This is an okay tablet for entertainment purposes, but you won't be able to get much of your work done with it at all.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Of course, there's the problem of whether you can find a functional laptop that won't make you want to make you tear your hair out at a price that low... Compromises, compromises. (It really was the cheapest PC I could find without going for used and refurbished PCs.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Of course, there's the problem of whether you can find a functional laptop that won't make you want to make you tear your hair out at a price that low... Compromises, compromises. (It really was the cheapest PC I could find without going for used and refurbished PCs.)

Not all of them are bad, actually. I bought my little sister a Toshiba Satellite laptop last year, which cost less than $300. It's got good graphics and sound quality, great speed, it's able to connect to networks quite easily, and it's very comfortable to work with its keyboard. She seems to love it. (:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Not all of them are bad, actually. I bought my little sister a Toshiba Satellite laptop last year, which cost less than $300. It's got good graphics and sound quality, great speed, it's able to connect to networks quite easily, and it's very comfortable to work with its keyboard. She seems to love it. (:

I wish I could find new laptops this cheap. 😞 Things are pretty expensive these days, with netbooks being essentially replaced with tablets and the average selling price of laptops going higher and higher.

Years
It's really sad to see laptop prices on the rise like this, mainly because I am looking to get a new laptop in the near future, and I can't see how that would quite be possible considering tablets are now in the market, unless there are technology improvements getting placed into the laptops themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back