The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM
ChipmunkGamingInc.
Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.

Nature: Lonely
I do a little bit of Trainer spriting, and I just so happened to notice how similar in design Hugh and the Ace Trainer from HG/SS were. I put the two side by side, and wow.

Look for yourself:

The really only differences are that they have slightly different shoes, different hair, Hugh has a black belt that ties on his bag, and slightly different jackets. And of course different poses.

Other than that, they have the same hair color, same jacket color of red and white and style, PokeBall in same hand, finger less gloves of the same color, and same eye color.

And! I tested to see if the colors were exactly the same. The shading on the jacket and pants are a bit off, but hair and main jacket colors are EXACT.

Is Hugh's sprite just a recycled, reposed, and revamped male Ace Trainer from HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Coincidence? I think KNOT!

*~Maelstrom~*

Join the Poké Dance Party! Gen II at it's best!
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
I NEVER EVEN SAW THAT... Maybe it's just a co-incidence...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Directioner, Belieber, Potterhead! I love the Lord more than anybody else.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Fiery Dash

I read from somewhere else that there's an anime character that looks like Hugh and even their personalities are similar! :O
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Wow, good observation.

The combination of red and the darker shade of blue go well together, and give off vibes of power and energy. I think it's possible that the same sprite artist was in charge of making both sprites, and perhaps that exact #hex of red was in his palettes as a shade of red to use for clothing.

Are there any other sprites that use the same exact shade of red? I'm going to quickly investigate.

Nope! At least not in GenIV. I thought characters like Silver or Lance, who made use of the general color combination, might. But I couldn't find the exact code.

Very, very, very strange... as much as I want to believe it's a coincidence, it's hard to imagine that so many exact hex codes would line up.
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Probably a coincidence.
Also, they probably shop at the same cloth store, or buy the same brand of clothing.

...A call to arms, soldier...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links