The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac909 View Post
OK, that's much more straightforward, thank you!

However, I'm in PGE and all of the moves are already under the correct category. Why's that?

Lastly, I just want to confirm: I can then patch this rom with a hack, right?
Well the first patch applies the split. The second defines the moves into their categories, so it should get working right away. I forgot, to fix something do this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51
I think I've found the code which causes the Mirror Coat/Counter bug in Fire Red.
Change it to this, and it should hopefully fix it.
Code:
0801F6C2: 86 7A
0801F908: 00 2E
0801F90A: 41 D1
And yes, you can apply it to a hacked ROM. As long as you didn't already tamper with the move tables.
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
3dd13
Advanced Music Remixer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 3dd13
I have looked for days trying to figure this out. There is no tutorial that I can find anywhere, and no one seems to know the answer. I currently know how to insert a custom midi in a ds rom (1/3 and easy to find) replace instruments (2/3 took me a day and hard to find) but I cannot for the life of me figure out (or find) how to make a custom sound bank so I can use a custom variety of instruments. on example of my intention is that a remix I made uses sounds from multiple b2/w2 banks, but without a custom sound bank, its useless because of the limitations (just doesn't sound right with the instruments I am limited to). does anyone know how to make a custom sound bank? There is an option in CrystalTile 2 to export a *.dls, which I can edit to how I need easily, but no way to convert it back. would someone either explain what I need to do, link me to a tutorial, or make one please?
Old September 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Having trouble transitioning from the starter town to Route 1. Game freezes the moment you leave the starter town.

To verify, I've changed the dimensions and landscape of the starter town as well as the Route. I've deleted the Oak script along with every script that took place outside. Movement permissions are changed and the connection is not to the original Route 1, but a new map altogether. I changed the new map's scripts and header to match up to the old one, however.
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Is there a way to change the preset names for Pokemon Ruby?
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
awipe1

Hello!

So I am new to tileset insertion and I have been trying to insert this tileset! This is how it looks in advanced map.

And this is how it looks in my game!

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? I'm editing tileset0 and I have changed some palettes around. With most tilesets, I have changed the behavior byte and background byte to 0 (because I thought that made it neutral)

I also haven't messed around with door animations or animated tilesets yet.

(NOTE: That the waves in the ROM are actually 'waving' so I don't know why it's doing that even after I changed the behaviour byte and background byte to 0)

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.

Last edited by awipe1; September 5th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Hello!

So I am new to tileset insertion and I have been trying to insert this tileset! This is how it looks in advanced map.

And this is how it looks in my game!

Nothing seems to be wrong if your game successfully displays a black image with white texts. =/

...seriously though, fix you image links.

Quote:
(NOTE: That the waves in the ROM are actually 'waving' so I don't know why it's doing that even after I changed the behaviour byte and background byte to 0)
That is probably because that the tiles you replaced are used by the ROM for animation. If you want to remove the 'waves', then you have to remove the animations that were applied on those tiles.

I suggest you use the Tileset Animation Editor by LU-HO.
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:29 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
That is probably because that the tiles you replaced are used by the ROM for animation. If you want to remove the 'waves', then you have to remove the animations that were applied on those tiles.

I suggest you use the Tileset Animation Editor by LU-HO.

Wouldn't that not matter if I had already changed the tileset behaviour? Are you saying any tileset that has an animation assosiated with it, won't work until I fix the animation?

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:55 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wouldn't that not matter if I had already changed the tileset behaviour? Are you saying any tileset that has an animation assosiated with it, won't work until I fix the animation?
Yes. I experienced this with my cancelled hack: SkyLine.
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:37 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Yes. I experienced this with my cancelled hack: SkyLine.
Animations are really easy. NarutoActor wrote a tutorial on it.

Awipe1: What you are seeing there, is called the bg. If all three layers of a map are empty, that is the default. Bg. Lets say you make a 100% transparent tile. That is what you will see. Now, I have no idea why this would be appearing, since your tiles are fine in A-map.

Paired with Simba
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebot View Post
Having trouble transitioning from the starter town to Route 1. Game freezes the moment you leave the starter town.

To verify, I've changed the dimensions and landscape of the starter town as well as the Route. I've deleted the Oak script along with every script that took place outside. Movement permissions are changed and the connection is not to the original Route 1, but a new map altogether. I changed the new map's scripts and header to match up to the old one, however.
Saving with states on the map you are editing makes it go nuts. You'll have to restart the save game (not editing the game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
Is there a way to change the preset names for Pokemon Ruby?
What preset names? Be specific.

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; September 6th, 2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:33 PM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Saving with states on the map you are editing makes it go nuts. You'll have to restart the save game (not editing the game)
Did it, it didn't work. It freezes completely. The music, the movement, everything. Really not trying to start with a new ROM or anything.
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Did it, it didn't work. It freezes completely. The music, the movement, everything. Really not trying to start with a new ROM or anything.
Happens to me all the time. What I've found helpful is to remove all of the map connections in Advance Map and then add them back in, that usually fixes the problem for me. But you'll still have to exit the map via warp or something and then come back to allow the map to change to its new modified settings.
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Happens to me all the time. What I've found helpful is to remove all of the map connections in Advance Map and then add them back in, that usually fixes the problem for me. But you'll still have to exit the map via warp or something and then come back to allow the map to change to its new modified settings.
Oh yeah, another reason to read this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304
Old September 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Quote:
Could you go into a little more detail, if possible?
Old September 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Could you go into a little more detail, if possible?
Yeah, like gogojjtech said, you should be using advance map 1.92 before anything else because 1.95 is 2cray2handle.

When you're in the map in advance map, in the upper area there should be a button with four arrows pointing in opposite directions, that button is the map connections. It's right next to the block editor, the button that looks like a puzzle piece. Found it yet? Good, click on it.

It should open another window with your map and the map it's connected to. Go down to the three bars that say "Add" "Remove" and "Save". They obviously mean what they're titled. Now, remove all of the map connections associated with that map. Kill it. All. Leave no survivors.

Then, press the "Add" button to add back all of those connections you just severed. There should be a little preview so you can see how your connection is gonna look in-game.

Direction is obvious, it's what direction your map is going to be connected to another map (ex: at the top of the map, left of the map, bottom of the map, or right of the map). Offset is, as far as I know, how much your map moves to the left or the right. I'm terrible at explaining things, but basically the connection most likely won't perfectly align the two maps and so you tinker with the offset to know how much to move one map to the left or the right so that they connect smoothly. Map bank and map number are obvious. And the zero out escapes me at the moment, maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Once you've remade all of the connections, you're done!... just kidding. You've done the connection on one side, but now you have to do it on the other map. If you don't, you'll be able to cross over one way but the game will freeze when you try to cross back. So just go to the next map that you wanted it connected to and do the same process.

That should do it, but tell me if it still isn't working. And don't forget, 1.92 not 1.95.
Old September 7th, 2013, 08:06 PM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Quote:
Yeah, like gogojjtech said, you should be using advance map 1.92 before anything else because 1.95 is 2cray2handle.

When you're in the map in advance map, in the upper area there should be a button with four arrows pointing in opposite directions, that button is the map connections. It's right next to the block editor, the button that looks like a puzzle piece. Found it yet? Good, click on it.

It should open another window with your map and the map it's connected to. Go down to the three bars that say "Add" "Remove" and "Save". They obviously mean what they're titled. Now, remove all of the map connections associated with that map. Kill it. All. Leave no survivors.

Then, press the "Add" button to add back all of those connections you just severed. There should be a little preview so you can see how your connection is gonna look in-game.

Direction is obvious, it's what direction your map is going to be connected to another map (ex: at the top of the map, left of the map, bottom of the map, or right of the map). Offset is, as far as I know, how much your map moves to the left or the right. I'm terrible at explaining things, but basically the connection most likely won't perfectly align the two maps and so you tinker with the offset to know how much to move one map to the left or the right so that they connect smoothly. Map bank and map number are obvious. And the zero out escapes me at the moment, maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Once you've remade all of the connections, you're done!... just kidding. You've done the connection on one side, but now you have to do it on the other map. If you don't, you'll be able to cross over one way but the game will freeze when you try to cross back. So just go to the next map that you wanted it connected to and do the same process.

That should do it, but tell me if it still isn't working. And don't forget, 1.92 not 1.95.
So, it turns out that 1.95 was the problem. Someone on the team was using it.

. . . It was me.

Still, I didn't think it would be such a glitchy program. The features are even smoother on it. I was using it in conjunction with 1.92, but it looks like that all stops here.

Anywho, I really appreciate you and gogojjtech helping me out.
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
gameguru

When I use movesprite and movesprite2 on the player the camera doesn't follow. Is there a way to use movesprite on the camera? Or is there another way to make the player jump to a position?
P.S. applymovement will not work in this instance, I need the player to instantaneously move to a spot on the other side of the map.
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM
nabesean

I need some help with changing a types name in firered. specifically these:
psychic -> holy
flying -> air
bug -> beast

i am not adding types, i just need to change the names. i tried looking for the type icons in unlz with no luck. so if i could get some offsets or maybe a tool that i missed, the help would be appreciated.
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:03 AM
QuartierGenerale

Hello,

i need to insert into my rom a certain number of trainers (leaders, elite 4, magma, ...).

Searching the site i've found two tutorial about this.

1. Using NSE: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285168
2. Using UNZL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170502

In my past experience using UNZL had led some trouble...although I was careful about pointers, repoint every time is needed, some time a crash occour; obviously i had take a backup first, but some time is not so simple to realize that a crash has occoured.

So i'm really interested in the NSE solution, cause NSE (1.7) works very well with overworld.

In this killing of English language my question is: Is it a good way to insert trainer sprites and palettes with NSE? Or is still better using UNZL? Or is there another better way to do this?

Thanks a lot
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Wobbu

NSE is the best way to go when inserting trainer sprites. Although I recommend any version 2.X. Here's a tutorial on using 2.X
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:44 AM
HyperXhydra

Hello, the reason I don't like hacking FR/LG because they have only trainer, gym leader and champion music only, is there a way to make a battle theme for certain trainer class? like team rocket or elite four? hopefully it would be easy....
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
Hello, the reason I don't like hacking FR/LG because they have only trainer, gym leader and champion music only, is there a way to make a battle theme for certain trainer class? like team rocket or elite four? hopefully it would be easy....
Of course! Here's a tutorial about it:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293704
Old September 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Quote:
ASM BY JAMBO51 PEOPLE! THIS IS WHY HE QUIT, NOBODY APPRECIATES HIS STUFF
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
ASM BY JAMBO51 PEOPLE! THIS IS WHY HE QUIT, NOBODY APPRECIATES HIS STUFF
Well if he made a patch for this or a tool I think more people would have appreciate his stuff
not everyone knows how to use asm...
But there's a youtube tutorial at least.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Quote:
Well if he made a patch for this or a tool I think more people would have appreciate his stuff
not everyone knows how to use hex editor...
But there's a youtube tutorial at least.
It's ASM though. You must have read Hackmew's tutorial on how to insert.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here