The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old August 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
I use my master ball on specific Pokemon depending on the game. In FR/LG and HG/SS, I use it on Mewtwo, it's just so suited for it. In D/P/Pt, I use it on Mesprit, again, it suits the Pokemon.
In R/S/E I don't use it at all, as well as B/W and B/W 2...
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Uiriamu
The Gamer

Nature: Relaxed
Eh usually i look up what legendaries are in the game I'm playing. i never seem to remember x.x. But then i just pick the one i like most and catch it haha xD (accidentaly liked my post...this phone annoys me sometimes)
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Alceste

I prefer not to use Master Balls. I think it takes aay the feeling o. victory when you catch a legend.

The one time I did use a Master Ball was in FR when i was looking for Articuno. When a wild Dewgong kept using Sheer cold on me, I thought it was a legend and used the Master Ball. Then I saw Articuno.....
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Savant
Natural Born Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I use it on a roamer. Everything else I can catch easily enough with some patience while roamers would make me want to rip my hair out. Saves me a lot of stress. :D
I can imagine that feeling. Even though I was tempted to use it on Volotos in White I just battled him once to paralyze him. Again to get him to 1hp with False Swipe and then every other encounter I just threw Pokeballs. I caught him on the tenth Pokeball.

3DS FC: 1564-2977-3425
Friend Safari: Psychic (Drowzee - Espurr - ???)

my.anime | my.manga | Circle of One | Pokemon Breeders FC | Fire Emblem FC

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Sonatron
Face of Rubber

Nature: Quiet
Like most of you XD I use it on a roamer rather than the game's mascot legendary.

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old August 27th, 2013, 07:19 AM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
In Gen I I always felt that it was intended to be used on Mewtwo, so that's usually what I did (unless I felt like using the Missingno. glitch and then I have infinite Masterballs.. lol). In my Gen II games I always used them on Lugia or Ho-Oh. But pretty much any game that's come out since then I hold off on using the Masterball and try to use it on hard-to-catch Pokemon like the Roaming legendaries. Although ultimately, I try not to have to use it at all.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Red Viper
Pokémon Collector

I always save them for a shiny, unless I have a Pokémon with False Swipe in my party. However... I haven't encountered much shinies since I started playing Pokémon :P

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Normally I don't use my Master Balls at all, I want to save them for the really rare shiny, 99.9% of my Master Balls won't be used. For every other Pokemon (even legendary) I'll use the other balls.

So far I only used 1 in my Black2 team, when I caught my shiny Mienfoo.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - 1/8 - game: X
Old August 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I typically use the Master Ball on the iconic Pokémon of each game (with the exceptions being RBY and FRLG, as I caught Mewtwo with the Master Ball in those games).
Fairy
Old August 30th, 2013, 06:55 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

My first Masterball may not have ever been used. I normally would probably have gone for Dialga, but I had no idea what I was doing- and my Staraptor 2HKO'd it.

I now prefer to save it, so I can SR for a shiny legendary (unless it's particularly easy to catch).
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
I save mine for such events as Legendaries and stuff... I've made the mistake of using it on Wild Pokemon...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Directioner, Belieber, Potterhead! I love the Lord more than anybody else.
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

I save the Masterball until I find a roaming Pokémon.

But then there's little I can do to capture any others that appear. Especially the ones that know moves like Roar.
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old August 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

It varies. For LeafGreen it has to be Mewtwo - I buy into the pokéSpe explanation that it was designed for Mewtwo, even if you do receive it from Silph Co. (I think). In HeartGold I think it was probably used on Mewtwo again - same reason, plus I like the appearance of all the special apricorn balls (now really concerned that as it's been to Sinnoh and I've deleted my HG file that my Latias won't be in a Fast Ball). In Emerald it's for Rayquaza - tradition, first time I got that far I used the Master Ball when it was about to KO my last pokémon.
On Diamond and Platinum it gets more varied. On Diamond originally I used it on Dialga, same for Giratina on Platinum. However, on my current playthrough I used it on Mesprit. And on Platinum I'll probably use it on Cresselia, as unlike Latios, Latias and the legendary beasts I don't like them enough to go chasing around the region for hours.
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:22 PM
macguyver16

I use them on the main legendary for that particular game (e.g. Groudon on Ruby, Giratina on Platinum, etc.)
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

― Meowth

add me FC: 5386-8241-4622
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

In HG/SS I use it on Mewtwo just like everyone else. I don't use it in B/ but I use it on Kyurem in B2/W2. In D/P/Pt I use it on Giritina.
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
MrBananaMan212

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wChas3r View Post
Actually, my brother has like, twelve Masterballs in his Pokemon White 2 version *he hasn't obtained his in White 2 yet*. It started with trading a Pokemon that held the Masterball from his ruby to his sapphire. Trading two Pokemon that held the two Masterballs to his Firered. Trading three Pokemon that held the three Masterballs to his Leaf-Green. Pal-parked all four Masterball carrying Pokemon to his Diamond Version. Traded five Masterball wielding Pokemon to Pearl. Six to Platinum, Seven to HeartGold, Eight to Soulsilver. Transferred Nine to Pokemon White. Traded Ten to Pokemon Black. Traded Eleven to Pokemon Black 2, and finally traded all twelve over to his White 2, where he will soon gain his Thirteenth.

All in all, he could develop two teams with all of the ones he has currently. It is possible, just time consuming. He probably won't ever use them either .

As for me, I used to use it for Roamers, or Mewtwo in Firered. However, I have recently slowed up on using the Masterball, and much like my brother, keep it for collection purposes.
Wait, you cant transfer pokemon holding items from gen 4 to five. How did he do that?
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
LardassEd

On emerald you can get rayquaza pretty early in the game so i used the master ball on it and pretty much used it all the time after that making the game incredibly easy. Still whaiting for a shiny to obtain one
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

I often don't use it on many games, but on games on Fire Red and such, I would use it on the roaming Pokémon since especially in FR, once they escaped from battle they were gone forever, haha. xD;

But when I first played Black back a while ago, I didn't know Reshiram's catch rate was 45, so I threw a Masterball. I really regret that xD;;
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
I save them for important situations. And never end up using them...
I do the EXACT same. The first master ball I ever got though is a different story. Back in Diamond, I HATED Abomasnow. So for some reason I used a Masterball on one :? . I learned my lesson, perhaps to well, since I almost never use them anymore.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I save the Master Ball on a legendary I want to catch, like Articuno or Lugia or Zekrom. I don't want to battle a legendary in order to catch it, I just want to catch it and get it done. :P
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
latias190

If I don't end up using it I just put it in the PC to collect dust. I never use it most of the time anyway.
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
I usually save the Master Ball for a shiny. Most of the time if I'm SRing for a shiny legendary I'll use the Master Ball on it. If not that then I use it on a shiny that can self destruct/flee but only if I'm unprepared for it.

Lost shinies: Arbok[RECLAIMED], Basculin (Red striped one)
Masuda method: Zorua - 185 eggs
1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Friend Safari: Rhydon
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
I usually farm them in Fire Red and transfer them up to to Diamond and then to Black 2, I save them for shiny encounters.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
atomtanned

I clone it and use it for roaming Pokemon and the random shiny I encounter. Everything else I try to catch the hard way

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here