The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old September 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by landeroth View Post
Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle
7. level pokemon to test evolution working.

possibility i'd like to test.
1. go straight to Oak's lab and see if he has anything to say to you.
2. listen to what he says if he does.
3. level pokemon to test if evolution freezes game still

awesome hack, LSA. are you also on a lockpicking forum?

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

Going to 4 point isle seems to have affected nothing.

Emulator used= VBA 1.8.0 beta3
ROM= Pokemon Fire Red with ultra violet 1.22
not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.

will fix saves that currently have the "freeze when evolution occurs" glitch.
If you can't use the autosave, I think you're screwed.
Thanks for figuring this out (non hackingly) I still dont know why its happening and cant seem to solve it in the rom... its above my skill level

and yes I am on several lockpicking forums (which one in particular)
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:49 AM
landeroth

lp101. thought i remembered you from it i haven't been on it in a while.
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:16 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

yup yup thats me. I dont frequent there as much as I used too... (im here more than there really)
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Shangahyando
The odd one.

PLEASE say this hack has bigger shiny chance. PLEASE. I met shiny rattata on route one and accidentally run out... then realised I couldn't get it anyways because at that poind I didn't even have pokeballs..
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:43 PM
PokeManiac91

Saw part 1 of a lets play on YouTube and immediately wanted to download it, just wondering though what Pokemon are in the area at the start were you get to choose to catch your starter?
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
landeroth

This hack has tiles you step on and make a guaranteed next pokemon shiny. apparently i have pwned several shinies without realizing it >.>

Pichu 30%
Machop 20%
Ralts 10%
Gastly 10%
Trapinch 10%
Houndour 5%
Spheal 5%
Larvitar 5%
Dratini 5%

breakdown of the starters you can catch, copy/pasted from the users guide in the rar. blame LSA if it is wrong
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
qwerty92

if you are trying to get the updated version of ultra violet on an android where do you recommend going
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
ChosenHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by landeroth View Post
Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle
7. level pokemon to test evolution working.

possibility i'd like to test.
1. go straight to Oak's lab and see if he has anything to say to you.
2. listen to what he says if he does.
3. level pokemon to test if evolution freezes game still

awesome hack, LSA. are you also on a lockpicking forum?

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

Going to 4 point isle seems to have affected nothing.

Emulator used= VBA 1.8.0 beta3
ROM= Pokemon Fire Red with ultra violet 1.22
not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.

will fix saves that currently have the "freeze when evolution occurs" glitch.
If you can't use the autosave, I think you're screwed.
So, basically, if you're using MyBoy! on Android which gets the message that you can't use the in game save, you can't play any of the post E4
Old September 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
landeroth

the only thing i could think of would be find a way to transfer the save to pc from android, beat the e4 again on vba or such, use the in game save to fix it, put it back on the android, then continue. and never beat the e4 again unless you want to do that process again. that is the only workaround i could see as viable.
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

the newest version of the game allows you to skip the in game reset after the e4... just saying...
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:00 PM
PokeManiac91

Just wondering if Haunter evolves with a stone or level up (if so what level)?
Old September 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
landeroth

LSA, the E4 skipping was what was causing the evolution glitches for me (pokemon evolves, game freezes). I never tried it with Myboy for android, but I thought that was why ChosenHero quoted my entire troubleshooting post for people with evolution glitches. ChosenHero may have misunderstood the purpose of my post.

Edit-- Page 86 of the game guide included in the .rar shows the pokemon evolution.

Last edited by landeroth; September 16th, 2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added info, then removed stupid smiley that Edit: P caused
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM
PokeManiac91

Lol of course didn't even think to look at the GG next time I have question I'll have a thorough look of it.
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM
gg30433043

This is off topic but i got a Pokemon Emerald Randomizer recently, which switches up the Pokemon and changes a few stuff and in the first two routes i had encountered: Registeel, Suicuine, Squirtle, Blastiose, Aradactoyl, And other REALLY good Pokemon! XD
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
lukasred

Pokemon 278: Wingull at the last part of guide says its at the 4-point isle dock but ive walked through it for a while now and now show. in the actual guide it is not listed in the area either. im going to try to breed pelipper to get one . almost at 386 pokemon !!

Last edited by lukasred; October 1st, 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
thepoketrainer

wow this is great, but i dont have a pc to patch
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
You can use my boy emulator for android it can patch roms you just need to have the ips and rom files in the same folder and they should have the same filename
Eg ultra violet.ips ultra violet.gba
Open my boy and browse to the folder with those 2 files then long press on the rom and select patch rom... done
Or you can just click once on the rom file and the emu will start the hack instead of the oroginal game (but the rom wont be patched)
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:28 AM
thanasis2028

OK i made an account so that i could comment on that one...
Im playing version 1.22 on my android emulator with savestates only and it worked great, till i won e4. Now, each time i try to evolve any pokemon game freezes and becomes unplayable (the animation is shown correctly and it writes "what? xxxx is evolving" but then it does not show "congratulations xxxx evolved...", it just stops there).
Can anyone help?

Edit: I even tried loading from a previous save state and beating e4 again. Same thing happens after e4...

Last edited by thanasis2028; October 13th, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old October 13th, 2013, 09:41 AM
speedking535

Where to find all three starter
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:39 AM
SIlby

Yep, also made an account to post what thanasis2028 and landeroth have already posted about.

using VBA 1.8.0-beta3 and Ultra Violet 1.22 on Windows 7 PC
Just like to add that I did use the programmed "skip credits cutscene" text box and still got the glitch after trying to get a pokemon to evolve after beating elite four. What's interesting is if you cancel the evolution, the game froze the next time I tried to change zones (going from lance to gary, in my case).

Great rom hack though! Definitely the best way to play FireRed ( <3 Larvitar Starter)
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:35 AM
miada16

sorry i suck in files and IT stuff. Im using gameboid on my andriod. so how do i play the .rar file on gameboid?
Old October 18th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Vanilleis

When i try to play it starts the game just fine, but once i press start at the title screen it just turns white and doesnt do anything...
EDIT: I fixed the problem by changing the firered rom :D the one i had before somehow didnt work

Last edited by Vanilleis; October 22nd, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:14 AM
ImperfectHarmony

Hey dude, very awesome game, I really enjoy it . But lately I had some problems. I cannot evolve certain Pokemon! Whenever i try to evolve both Pupitar or Dragonair, the game freezes during the "Wow, Pupitar is evolving"-screen.
Can you please help me, because I really want to catch them all .
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

So... basically if you bypass the endgame saving you break evolution?

That seems to be what I'm getting.
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
UKNOWJUSTIN

So I'm guessing us guys playing these on our iPhones and androids are screwed on evolving after beating e4?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here