The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Old September 5th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Negix

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
For me personally, I would have to say ever since I was a kid I enjoyed seeing the Pokemon anime and the fact of feeling as if I was on an adventure. Seeing different things, experiencing a life of untold stories and becoming a master. I would also say playing hacks that people have made. The one that really inspired me was Pokemon Identity. It was something fresh and new, not to mention the story revolving more on the character. Made me want to create a story more exciting and interesting.

So, what inspired YOU to the dedication of a Pokemon ROM hack creation?

Last edited by Negix; December 21st, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:37 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
I think it was just that when I discovered hacks, some of them were just amazing, and of course I really wanted to make my own world full of my ideas too. It really interested me because you have full control over everything. You can do whatever you want.
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Pretty much what chrunch said =) The control over your own world, put your own ideas into reality, do whatever you want and feel good that you accomplished something
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
The way to add more beauty to the game.
I saw many hacks, and one of DestinedJagold's hack were the best.
It makes me want to add more life to the game and explore further.
Because of Jagold and his hack, I made a decision to make my own.
And I've seen how can the hack successfully made when it's finished
It's so beautiful and exciting to play. Depends on the story and graphics.
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Penta Penguin
You will refer to me as Pentarou.

Ever since I started Rom Hacking, Pokemon has been one of those games that I have wanted to make a romhack on. In mid-July, what has inspired me to make a Pokemon hack is Pokemon Snakewood itself, as well as a certain creepypasta and hearing some music from different games (which I hope to insert into the game using Sappy).

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old October 8th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Nature: Jolly
Well, I actually had made the idea when I was much younger, but thought there was no way to do it. And now there is!

Get your own one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307712
Old October 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I don't know I found bootleg pokemon games online, like Chaos Black, I search it up and it was fan make, it was terriable but. Making a pokemon game seemed pretty cool and I wanted to look into it. :3 Now I just have to make one..
Old October 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

Nature: Relaxed
I was playing LeafGreen for the billionth time, when it occurred to me that I wanted a whole new story, one that I could create. When I tried to make the hack, since I was extremely inexperienced, I didn't get very far and gave up. One year later, I had a dream that I was playing my own FireRed hack. That's when I started it up again.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
Old October 10th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
I would have to say Shiny Gold. After seeing how awesome a romhack could be I decided to give it a try myself. I didn't go out and start making my own on the get go, I paired up with another couple of n00bs at the time, Druyii, Vrai, FrosslassManiac, and 1 or 2 other people, and we tried our best to make a ROMhack. Obviously, as most ROMhacks go, we never even got the hack into alpha. We had so many cool ideas too. I eventually came up with idea after idea and eventually got one or 2 that I stuck with and still to this day I want to finish. I've come back to give DS hacking a try so I can eventually get my very own hack out there and eventually completed.
Old October 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Well I wanted to make my own Pokémon game so I ended up browsing the internet and found Mewthree9000's Chaos Black. I later found Serg!o's Naranja and that's what made me eventually find PC, PHO, and Linkandzelda, been working behind-the-scenes for years now.
Old October 11th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Endless_Void
Rawr

Nature: Naive
Well I played Ruby alot like more than 60 times then it came to me You know the feeling where you get bored and want another game play so I started researching on how to edit the game but just found on how to hack then Eventually I found Pokemon Ruby Destiny:Reign of Legends by DestinedJagold then found this site then I started ROM hacking. :D

Old October 11th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredSoul View Post
Well I played Ruby alot like more than 60 times then it came to me You know the feeling where you get bored and want another game play so I started researching on how to edit the game but just found on how to hack then Eventually I found Pokemon Ruby Destiny:Reign of Legends by DestinedJagold then found this site then I started ROM hacking. :D
I used to be the same. Incidentally, I found shiny gold by searching pokémon gold shiny gameshark code, and found a video of a youtube using the walk-through-walls code trying to find what zel didn't release. I thought, "Gee Whiz, this looks way better than gold!", and I dropped my search for the elusive shiny pokémon code and played it until I beat it. Then the rest is history. (See above)
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Espeonage
Ninja Espeon

Nature: Quirky
I've just started for the sole reason that I am getting sick of both the repetitive nature of it all and the aiming it at children. I want nitty gritty stuff. So I'm aiming to bring a bit of that in. Still early days but I've got plans and it's going well so far.
Old October 17th, 2013, 05:09 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
The Johto Region <3 Pokemon Crystal. The fact that second generation consisted of two regions. I want to bring it back <3

The Past -------------------- The Future
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Casha674
LordZero

Nature: Serious
could someone make a POkemon BW hack ? i mean convert the Pokemon BW into gba the scripts, the rivals, the characters, and buildings.. i mean everything -,-
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM
LusoTrainer

Version exclusive Pokémon.
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Airikita

I just want better Pokemon, but I might expand... thinking on it... I have other projects, so I don't know if I'll be 100% invested in hacking Pokemon, but I took this on as an enlightenment journey from my previous N64 hacking experiences.

I figure I could improve if I learn some basic concepts from Pokemon games, and have fun with it too.

Documentation helps, but I have noticed a lot of missing documentation, which is not what I expected... but, I am not surprised (from previous experiences).

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I always wanted to make games but never really tried to search how to until I discovered Pokémon Rom hacking, Pokémon Roms have a lot of limitations tough... But still, I can make my own game the way I like it and feel it, so yeah! :3
But, damn it, it is too much time consuming.... -.-' I guess, that's what wise people call patience... >.>
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
KuroSeka

U dont Have limits i think,its u can make "pokémon" how u Want it ,
and can show everyone ur Creativity
Old November 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM
raltvus
PoCker

i was in the internet, then i see something that make me fall in love: Skeetendo.
1st i give a look for some days, then i decided to create an account, after one month, lookin' in the pokemon Sterling Silver Cry of Celebi, i decided to create my own hack.
Old November 15th, 2013, 06:59 AM
KosmoF
Diehard Pokemon Fanatic

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to KosmoF Send a message via Yahoo to KosmoF Send a message via Skype™ to KosmoF
I enjoyed playing/watching various Pokemon rom hacks, and was impressed by all the hard work people put into them; so, as a thank you to other rom hackers, I decided to also give it a shot myself.

Kos
Pokemon Eevee's Elementals version
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Orpheus
Burn my Dread

At first I didn't know what hacking was. But when I learned what it was I thought WOW this looks fun! And I saw dozens of hacks and wanted to make my own...

Pair

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old November 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold
To be honest, Pokémon Golden Sun.
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
Zel and my ideas, I had an idea to make a hack in 2009 or something similar, "News Building" a location, was forming in the mind... Hehe, attempted using PowerPoint as a tool to make my hack, however, it was the closest I had until 2010, when I downloaded AdvanceMap, and began throwing my town ideas into what my current hack will be based from, sadly, my PC died in 2011, so I had to re-start when I got a laptop, that ended up getting a virus and I had to get a new computer, which I am throwing my ideas into a a similar based hack from my first attempt called "MarioRed".

Most ideas from "MarioRed" have survived to this coming one (I hope), News Building still exists, Mare and Luigi will NOT be playable anymore, Leader Eugene survived, Scar too.
Here's a few details about this hack, Pop-culture will play a major role, it will be more mature, including Religion and Religious themes...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Directioner, Belieber, Potterhead! I love the Lord more than anybody else.

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; November 18th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
GenesectGalaxy
Flame

Nature: Quiet
To control what you can do

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links