The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
my favorite Grass Type Pokémon Is Meganium. Meganium doesn't seem to have a very big fanbase I am wondering if there are other Meganium fans around here.

this topic might be moved because I wasn't too sure where it needed to be placed
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I love Meganium! While she isn't my favorite Grass Pokemon, she is still wonderful. When comparing all of the final Grass type starter evolutions, she is the most beautiful. Of course Meganium isn't as great of a battler as some, that doesn't mean she isn't a fantastic Pokemon and I agree should get more love~!

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
I bet there are. There is one ex-mod named Meganium90, for instance.

I myself, sadly, am part of the camp that stays away from Meganium. I love Chikorita, it's one of my absolute favorite pokémon. But Bayleef is a bit, hm, I don't know I just don't like it quite as much as Chikorita. And Meganium is a bit too much. Too wobbly somehow. Too cartoony maybe? It's a green banana with a flower. I kind of prefer Venusaur-style pokémon. Maybe it's because I don't think Meganium really looks like something that can battle. While little Chikorita is an agile badasster :3

But outside of pure battling and gaming, it's a pretty cute pokémon. And its moves are nice. Lots of powders and healing techniques. I wouldn't mind having it in a RP at some point, I guess.

Quote:
I love Meganium! While she isn't my favorite Grass Pokemon, she is still wonderful. When comparing all of the final Grass type starter evolutions, she is the most beautiful. Of course Meganium isn't as great of a battler as some, that doesn't mean she isn't a fantastic Pokemon and I agree should get more love~!
How come you refer to it as a "she"?
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

How come you refer to it as a "she"?

Idk, I have this habit of referring to Pokemon of the gender in which they were in my games or in the case of legendary Pokemon, I will call them the gender that I would prefer them to be. For example, I always refer to Articuno as a she in my posts. In the case of Meganium, I am currently doing a SS playthrough and I have a female one named Daisy =D

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
you rang? :D

Meganium's been my favorite grass-type starter since I started playing Silver when I was a young girl! I've used Chikorita as a starter for the first time, and well, it got stuck as a favorite ever since! I gotta have a Meganium on my team no matter what. And since I got into battling and Meganium is NU, I gotta have it on my NU team no matter the circumstance.

I guess the above kinda explains the fact that yes I am a fan of Meganium and my name clearly explains it. lmao

I don't see myself replacing Meganium as a favorite starter. It will always be my favorite no matter what.

oh and btw, I also refer to it as a "she" as well because the Pokemon is a flower probably. xD Even though Meganium has a larger male ratio/smaller female ratio, I still refer to it as "she" (i'm also grateful that I have a female on my Soulsilver xD)

Last edited by Cadance; August 26th, 2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: shush pc i know you derped
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I liked Chikorita and Bayleef because of the leaves growing on their heads, but don't like Meganium as much for losing that part. I do think it's a well-designed pokemon, though.
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Meganium's line you'll see! They are just PERFECT! Having simplicity in their designs was a fantastic choice on the creator's part. I've always loved them since I started playing Pokemon.
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
daigonite
Ninjas Against Bottomless Pits
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I prefer the treecko line but I like the chikorita line a lot too.
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Meganium isn't my favorite either but it's just amazing all around in many ways.. ah, pre-historic-like creatures brought into the world of Pokémon <3

But in reality, I like Meganium because of how tall it is and it's just really, really cute
Fairy
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I adore the Chikorita line. It's been my favorite starter overall since it was introduced in G/S/C.. and that probably won't change. Admittedly Chikorita is my favorite of the three forms but that doesn't mean Bayleaf and Meganium aren't awesome. Love them! <3

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Even though I prefer Typhlosion and Feraligatr, I like Meganium too. It definitely deserves props for being the only fully evolved starter (so far) that's still very cute.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Despite Meganium being shunned (personally) in favor of Typhlosion and Feraligatr, it still has a nice design to it.

Old September 5th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Even if Meganium isn't as good offensively as other starters, it still has an awesome design so it does get its fair share of fans. You don't need to have good stats to get a lot of love. It's still one of my fave Grass-type starters out there.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old September 5th, 2013, 10:36 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Meganium is easily the best Johto Pokemon as well as it's so beautiful to see and what the dex says about it makes it more grand than so many other Grasss type pokes
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Idk, I have this habit of referring to Pokemon of the gender in which they were in my games or in the case of legendary Pokemon, I will call them the gender that I would prefer them to be. For example, I always refer to Articuno as a she in my posts. In the case of Meganium, I am currently doing a SS playthrough and I have a female one named Daisy =D
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Even if Meganium isn't as good offensively as other starters, it still has an awesome design so it does get its fair share of fans. You don't need to have good stats to get a lot of love. It's still one of my fave Grass-type starters out there.
Interestingly enough, it's the design that deters me. I don't have a problem with its moveset or defensive role, rather I think it's pretty cool and useful, even in the games. But I don't like how it looks, haha.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Superfox

I pretty much love all of the Starter Pokémon, with the exception of Emboar. So, yeah, I'd say I like Meganium. Its actually one of the more original Grass starters in my opinion.

My Friend Safari type is Flying, with Fearow and Swanna.
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:46 AM
madisonblue96

MEGANIUM FOR THE WIN!!! *fist pump*
She is my fave starter on soul silver!
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
The whole Chikorita family tree is one that stays cute throughout, so yeah I'd say I like it. Not a fan in any traditional sense, but I'll tip my hat to one. I like Chikorita the most, though.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 6th, 2013, 09:11 AM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Oh yes. While it aint my fave grass starter(bulbasaur and co is) its still my 3rd fave starter. and chickortia is such an adorable liittle mon. johto sure did have some impressive mons lol.

hmm....you know hwat...Ima change my sig now
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:01 AM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Speaking of which is this correct that Meganium's family is based on Ancient Grass eating Dinosaurs?
Old September 7th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

Nature: Lax
While a good amount of people got Totodile, I took Chikorita. I always loved Meganium. I remember naming mine Tropius because it kind of looks like a female Tropius. Meganium is farely balanced which I think is nice. And either way this thing looks cool, my favorite will still be Torterra however but there's always room for Meganium!
Old September 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
Chikorita was my first Pokemon, so Bayleef and Meganium are also very special Pokemon to me. I adore them!

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I like the line - I just happen to prefer the other GSC starters to it, really. It's a cute enough Pokemon line and not too bad in battles too, but it also just has a harder time in Johto compared to the others. Three of the first four gyms are against it (Morty's 'Ghost' gym doubles as a poison one), and there's also Ice and Dragon later on.

Bayleef has probably my favourite design of the bunch though. I especially liked its overworld sprite in HGSS.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old September 14th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Meganium is one of my most favorite grass-type Pokémon. It looks extremely cute to me, and its smile always bring sunshine on a cloudy day. :) Meganium is the strongest Pokémon defensively out of the three starters of Johto. With access to moves such as Aromatherapy, Toxic, Dragon Tail, and Synthesis, it's able to take on the role of a supporting Pokémon without any worries. Toxic allows it to inflict the opponent with poison which steals their health bit by bit on every turn. Aromatherapy can heal the status effects of all of your team members, eliminating the need for Antidotes, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, and other healing items. Dragon Tail can make your opponent's Pokémon switch forcefully and get themselves hurt with entry hazards. And finally, Synthesis allows it to recover itself whenever it's low in HP.

Thiere are plenty of other useful moves that this Pokémon can learn, but right now, these are the only ones that I can think of from the top of my head. d:
Old September 14th, 2013, 11:44 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I love Meganium too. I had one on my Crystal version, level 100 and had Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Synthesis and Body Slam as its move set. Helped me win tons of battles.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here