The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old September 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Nature: Bold

This is a RUBY Emerald hack.
(If the page looks too wide, try zooming out)

▪Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
....................You're an enlisted sailor in the SS Navy. Aboard the SS Eclipse, over six thousand sailors are heading to an uncharted landmass where several SS Navy vessels have gone missing. The night before, you spent a night out with the pals before going on your first deployment on the SS Eclipse. Still sobering up, you head out of your barracks to start working. After an encounter with the Chief of the Boat, Chief Hesarg, he explains to you the legends of "POKéMON". After gathering an artifact that Chief Hesarg personally gifted to you, the ship experiences an unfortunate series of events: the SS Eclipse is attacked and sank by an unknown phenomenon.
....................You wake up on the beaches of the uncharted land with just a few other survivors. With hundreds lost at sea and thousands more missing in action, you start your search for other survivors who might've ended up elsewhere on the land. It's not until you hear screams from the forests and stumble across an unknown species willing to kill for food that you truly understand the dangers of being on an uncharted faraway land.

▫Story ▪Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me

All images are not final.

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▪Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
• New hero / heroine sprites
• New POKéMON trainer sprites
• New opposing team known as Renegade Company with custom sprites
• New custom updated POKéMON sprites
• Many new or updated tiles
• Day and Night system
• Safari-styled battle for starter POKéMON
• Level of Will (LOW) System - Click HERE to learn more
• Many new items, including food rations which you will need to survive
• Storyline alters to the choices you make
• Difficulty increased
• Money is scarce on an uncharted land therefore money is harder to obtain
• Usage of few Gen IV-V POKéMON
• Usage of few Gen I-III legendary POKéMON, including some secret legendary FAKéMON
Profanity is used occasionally, but in good tastes
• More features that you'll have to discover on your own!

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▪Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
• Advance IntroEd
• AdvanceMap 1.92 & 1.95
• Advance Mart
• Advance Series
• APE
• Free Space Finder
• HxDen
• unLZ GBA
• NSE 1.7.5 & 2.1
• NTME
• RHEA
• Overworld Sprite Editor Rebirth Edition
• PET Trainer Editor
• GBA Item Editor
• Multichoice Editor
• Move Tutor Editor
• Pokedex Data Editor
• XSE
• VisualBoyAdvance
• Photoshop CS5
• msPaint
• YAPE
• Sapper Mod 17.1

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▪Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
• General Faroh - For ideas, support, and help in all areas
• Turtwig2 - tiles
• Jesse[TB Pro] - tiles
• ThePokemonChronicles - Diamond/Pearl tiles
• Thatssowitty - tiles
• Zein - tiles
• Shawn Frost - tiles
• gogojjtech - my "if 0x1 goto @guy", helped learn sappy and inserted titlescreen music
• shiny quagsire - responsible for starter safari-style battle, fixing hero sprite bug, inserting titlescreen
• 1158 - incredible spriter, responsible for the custom sprites of the hero/heroine and PO3 Mattiello
• redriders180 - for the tile compendium
• karatekid552 - script/general help
• Calamitastrophe - amazing spriter, responsible for many custom sprites including all Renegade Company sprites and other trainer sprites
• diegoisawesome - for helping center the Discovery word on the titlescreen
• JPAN - for his specials list
• Ace_Master_of_Turtles - sprite help
• Bela - Fixing one of my scripts, helping scripting part for LOW system
• interdpth - General help, A-Map palettes

If I forgot to mention you, please PM me.

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▪Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
Finishing up the one last scene and then I will release an alpha for playing! Before release, I will be creating most of the maps first and then I will be scripting. So it'll be a little bit longer for a release, but the wait will be worth it. Finishing up to three city maps and scripting them then I will release the first alpha.

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▪Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
You are allowed to use any or all of the following banners, badges, or affiliation material.

Contributed by Vicktor Black

Contributed by Le pug

Contributed by Le pug

Contributed by Le pug

Contributed by Le pug

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▪PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
This is the list of those who are currently working on Pokemon: Discovery
If you're interested in helping, visit our TEAM DISCUSSIONS THREAD
What we currently need: ASM coder, advanced hacker (who can work the programs well)

Team Leader / Writer / Spriter / Tiles / Scriptwriter: Le pug
Co-Leader: General Faroh
Spriter: Calamitastrophe
Spriter / Beta Tester: Ziposaki
Beta Tester: Flamebot
Beta Tester: ElitePokes
Beta Tester / Helper: Sider

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▪Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▫About Me
Progress

Overall: 25 / 100 %
Sprites: 70 / 100 %
Maps: 25 / 100 %
Story: 85 / 100 %
Scripts: 10 / 100 %

Still inserting more tilesets, still have maps to do, sprite inserts, music changes, etc.
Working on implementing our LOW system (refer HERE for details)
Working on possibly implementing a food ration system

Updates

07SEP13: Changed Titlescreen song to the beloved Tears of Life
16SEP13: Changed hero / heroine / rival sprites and backsprites (complete)
24SEP13: Finished three new maps, added Glaceon to the hack, and added custom trainer sprites
09OCT13: Added new customized fan art to ruby page. Check out the big copy of the image HERE.
23NOV13: Created and added video viewing of the start screen. View it HERE.
29NOV13: Renovated a few maps and added new water tiles.
02DEC13: Finished first village entitled "Excultus Village"
07DEC13: Finished first town and added new Pokemon battle sprite Bruce & Rex.
11DEC13: Finished connected routes to first town and completed cave route between first town and unfinished second town.
15DEC13: Fixed only major "Bug" at the moment (huge success), added Glaceon to the hack,
completed first city entitled Berry City, and centered the "Discovery" word on the titlescreen.
18DEC13: Finished interior maps for Excultus Village.
19DEC13: Added the Day and Night system.
20DEC13: Customized the battlescreen palette, changed some text colors, customized text box.
27DEC13: Switched rombases from Ruby to Emerald.
31DEC13: Almost completely done with the rombase switch, added new events, sounds, and expanded to 32Mb rom.
01Jan14: Happy New Year!
04Jan14: Added new custom items, including custom item icons
02Feb14: Haven't updated in awhile, however added a new map entitled Korowai Lake north of Korowai Hill, almost completely finished scripting Korowai Hill excluding the interior buildings. Working on Korowai Hall, which will house a puzzle path to get a talisman fragment.
23Feb14: Added and completed first floor of Korowai Hall and have to transfer all data to new fresh emerald due to unknown source of corrupted data and using backups on GitHub.
03Mar14: Added a map preview that'll I'll update as I progress. You can view it above or click HERE

Bugs

A few known bugs exist that will be taken care of before any release.

▫Story ▫Screenshots ▫Features ▫Programs ▫Credits ▫Downloads ▫Banners ▫PD Team ▫Progress, Updates, and Bugs ▪About Me
This story is heavily influenced by the United States Navy, which I am currently serving in as a Nuclear Electronics Technician. Currently, I am working in between training so my availability to making this game is high. I often spend my free time talking to my cousin who is serving in the US National Guard overseas right now. However when he is away on missions and I am free from work, that is the time I dedicate to this hack. I actively write the story while at work when the workload is low. My goal is to add features never before seen, to add maps that have a different twist to them, and to have a story that is incredible and interesting with an ending you thought you saw you coming. If you're wondering about my username, I own a pug. That's pretty much all I'd like to say, thank you for your interest in my hack and I hope you enjoy it.

Status Update: I will be in my third installment of my training which will last six months as of 6JAN14. My free time will be minimal as I can have up to 84 hour work weeks but in my free time I will try my best to keep this hack going. Production will continue, it'll just be slower. Sorry guys!
Free time Status: Weekends only

Last edited by Le pug; March 3rd, 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
General Faroh
So...kidneys change colors?

Nature: Brave
I am surprised nobody has commented yet. The storyline and just the theme of the hack is amazing. Very different from the average Pokemon game. Good luck with completing it. Graphics look pretty good too, I dunno what that big green thing at the bottom of the first picture is though.

Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
rep169

Nature: Lax
It looks amazing whit the new tiles!! :D
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
I am surprised nobody has commented yet. The storyline and just the theme of the hack is amazing. Very different from the average Pokemon game. Good luck with completing it. Graphics look pretty good too, I dunno what that big green thing at the bottom of the first picture is though.
Mmmm.

sssshhhh.....
Le pug is talking.

Yeah, I posted it yesterday but it didn't get approved until earlier today. Thank you for your compliments. I still need to fix some graphics, still adding more to the maps. That green thing at the bottom of the first picture is actually a hollow log that you can walk through that has moss growing on it. It looks more clear if you see the whole thing haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep169 View Post
It looks amazing whit the new tiles!! :D
Thank you, I'm going to update them more and make them look better and there will be a lot more custom tiles to enhance the feel of the game.

...okay le pug is done.
still sssshhhh.....
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
chaos_envoys

Nature: Modest
Why don't use ruby? I'm liking ruby more than fire red...

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Resolute, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_evoys View Post
Why don't use ruby? I'm liking ruby more than fire red...

I liked Ruby and used it for awhile, however there are a lot of problems with Ruby and because everyone uses fire red, I get to make the most out of all the custom programs and patches, etc. Plus it's easier for my ASM workers who know more about FireRed.

If it helps, my FireRed hack will have most of the ruby tiles in it also, just customized and enhanced.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Wow the storyline is really interesting I think your mapping is also pretty good.Looking forward to the alpha :D :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
HersheysPink

Nature: Relaxed
Very interesting story. Different from all the others and custom sprites and different starters are always a plus. I hope this project doesn't get abandoned over time. I'd love to see it completed.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Natsu Dragneel
Fire Dragon Slayer

Nature: Jolly
Tiles Looks Good =D

Though your CSS made this page weird you should fix it xD

Cant wait for Alpha ;3

Name: Drakath
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698

Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakath569 View Post
Tiles Looks Good =D

Though your CSS made this page weird you should fix it xD

Cant wait for Alpha ;3
Lol thank you and the css looks fine to me, fits the page perfectly lol.

working on that alpha now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheysPink View Post
Very interesting story. Different from all the others and custom sprites and different starters are always a plus. I hope this project doesn't get abandoned over time. I'd love to see it completed.
I never give up on projects, so I'll see this through until the end. I promise!

Last edited by Le pug; September 3rd, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Wow, this looks excellent and did you say you were putting new tiles in, what tileset is it?

if you need help with story writing i can help you.

PairMy Let's PlayTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old September 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Count me in for liking the story; real different from the norm. Also liking some of the features that relates to the protagonist's condition/position. It's really more about survival than anything.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckleslucifer View Post
Wow, this looks excellent and did you say you were putting new tiles in, what tileset is it?

if you need help with story writing i can help you.

Thank you. Yes I'm putting most of the ruby tilesets in that look well for the hack including just some custom tiles I've made or got permission to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Count me in for liking the story; real different from the norm. Also liking some of the features that relates to the protagonist's condition/position. It's really more about survival than anything.

Exactly. In that kind of state where you don't know what could happen, who's to say every person here would choose to be good? That's why you will have the ability to be "good" or "bad". Survival of the fittest, however way you want to do it.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Absolutely love the story. Something entirely original. Curious to see the conditions of the game.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebot View Post
Absolutely love the story. Something entirely original. Curious to see the conditions of the game.
Any specific conditions you'd like to see?
Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
Fuuka
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
The sprites is a big turn on for me.
I like navy somehow.. keep up the good work.
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by L96 View Post
The sprites is a big turn on for me.
I like navy somehow.. keep up the good work.
Well I'm glad you like them! I'm currently serving in the navy and that's how that part of the idea came to be!
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
yveltal113

The hack looks great! Great intro. Actually, if you want ti, im willing to beta test the game and report you bugs and stuff
Old September 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveltal113 View Post
The hack looks great! Great intro. Actually, if you want ti, im willing to beta test the game and report you bugs and stuff
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

-----------------------------

Here's a map spoiler if anyone wants to see. Image isn't final, I'll definitely be detailing it up and adding more stuff but here is the layout of this one:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Le pug; September 5th, 2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old September 4th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Natsu Dragneel
Fire Dragon Slayer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

-----------------------------

Here's a map spoiler if anyone wants to see. Image isn't final, I'll definitely be detailing it up and adding more stuff but here is the layout of this one:
Spoiler:
Your Image Didn't Load. Fix Please

Name: Drakath
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698

Old September 4th, 2013, 07:34 PM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Yay storyline! I love it when hacks differ from the badge formula. This one seems especially mature, I'm loving it so far!
Welp, just when I really got back into hacking, my computer breaks for good. Nothing is cancelled or lost, just on hiatus until I can put my backup somewhere. I'll probably be active around here via android for now.

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakath569 View Post
Your Image Didn't Load. Fix Please
Alright I fixed it and it is now available for viewing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Yay storyline! I love it when hacks differ from the badge formula. This one seems especially mature, I'm loving it so far!

I'm glad you like it, there are some more plot elements that will make it better than what it seems already.
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff

Two Three new banners for the hack:

As for updates, we are currently working on the next two in-game events and have decided to keep the hack as Ruby.

Last edited by Le pug; September 6th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

The scripting looks well done, and the story definitely sounds alluring. I'm a bit worried about the mapping and the tiles though, the map you posted here has a number of no-nos, such as simple paths, blocks of trees and narrow pathways. The multicoloured tress also look off.

Wish you all the best, maybe consider some new tiles, and with it some edits to your current outside maps.

Moderator of The RPC

PokéLINK

Old September 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
General Faroh
So...kidneys change colors?

Hey, it's Tcoppy. Uh, I'm on Team Discovery and I thought (with the permission of Le Pug) I would let you in on a very important feature.

This feature is called Level of Will, we call it LOW for short. If you have played Darkcry: Legend of Giratina, it may remind you of Karma.

LOW is, well, throughout the game you will be making a lot choices. The choices you make will change the story a little bit but it will still lead to the same ending, and will give you a reputation. There will be perks. If you have a high LOW (highest level 10), which you get from good choices (usually will +.1 or so points), you will recieve a very special pokemon, you will get pokemart discounts in good villages (which are most of the villages), you will be battled constantly, and the Renegade Company hates you, . If you have a low LOW (lowest level 0), which you get from bad choices (usually will -.2 or so points), pokemarts from bad villages will give you discounts, you will not be battled constantly, and instead of a very special pokemon, you get very special balls that will allow you to catch other people's pokemon. You start out at level 5.

Another thing is that if you fight someone in a bad village and have a high LOW, you will be in transported to a good village. Vice versa if you have a low LOW.

So that's all I'm going to say about LOW so I won't make a mistake and spoil something. Any questions or comments about LOW?

Last edited by General Faroh; September 8th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links