Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:11 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4You View Post
Hi guys,can you tell me a good team to beat E4 in Pokemon LG?My current team is:Ivysaur:Lv-25,and Pidgeotto-Lv:25.

P.S.-I can get them from trade and,I was thinking to get a Machamp.
Pokes like Raichu, Alakazam, Dragonite all are powerful to conquer Kanto so I would suggest you use these.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:48 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm currently doing a challenge run on my FireRed and I'm banned from even entering the the Game Corner. And I also want a Thunderbolt TM. So is there any way besides the Game Corner where I can get the TM?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
I'm currently doing a challenge run on my FireRed and I'm banned from even entering the the Game Corner. And I also want a Thunderbolt TM. So is there any way besides the Game Corner where I can get the TM?
From what I remember, the TM for Thunderbolt can only be obtained in the Game Corner as far as FireRed/LeafGreen is concerned. So I guess you're out of luck at this stage.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
Is it just me or does ralts level up slower than some other guys?
Demons run when a good man goes to war,
night will fall and drown the sun
when a good man goes to war
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Yes, Ralts grows slower as its in the "slow" experience group, the one that takes the second highest amount (1.25million) of experience to get to lv. 100. It grows at the same rate as Arceus and most other legendaries and pseudo-legendaries.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM
athenian200

I'm having another hidden item issue with FireRed. The hidden items in the Underground Path between Cerulean and Vermillion are NOT appearing at all.

The Itemfinder FAQ claims they appear after you get the V.S. seeker, but I've done so, and they are still not there.

I'm becoming frustrated with this game, the hidden items in indoor areas seem dodgy and randomly don't appear due to glitches. Outdoor areas don't seem to have issues, though.

Is this supposed to happen? What's wrong with this game?
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:46 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
I'm having another hidden item issue with FireRed. The hidden items in the Underground Path between Cerulean and Vermillion are NOT appearing at all.

The Itemfinder FAQ claims they appear after you get the V.S. seeker, but I've done so, and they are still not there.

I'm becoming frustrated with this game, the hidden items in indoor areas seem dodgy and randomly don't appear due to glitches. Outdoor areas don't seem to have issues, though.

Is this supposed to happen? What's wrong with this game?
There are four things that could probably be wrong:
- You're using a dodgy FAQ
- You have a fake game
- You are still just looking in the wrong place
- You have already collected them and forgot about it

Those things aside, I wouldn't worry about any items there in the first place, they are all irrelevant to you, especially when berries exist.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:01 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm doing a challenge run in which I need to get an Oddish. And the closest ones are on the route right after Slateport city, so is there any way for me to get to Slateport City BEFORE doing the first gym?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Falsever
Ayano

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
I'm doing a challenge run in which I need to get an Oddish. And the closest ones are on the route right after Slateport city, so is there any way for me to get to Slateport City BEFORE doing the first gym?
I don't think there is...
You need to beat the first Gym so you can go to Dewford then Slateport.
So, you can't go to Slateport before beating the first gym.
i wont give you any cookies
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Agous
Solid Mercury?

Nature: Sassy
Hey!
I've got a party of 6 six pokemon on FireRed, and im at the Elite 4, but i have lv 45's :/
I there any place that is really quick to train in? Or any Pokemon that gives off a lot of exp.?
Thanks for the help if ya give it :D

I miss my friends everynight...
I wonder where they are now...

Old September 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Falsever
Ayano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agous View Post
Hey!
I've got a party of 6 six pokemon on FireRed, and im at the Elite 4, but i have lv 45's :/
I there any place that is really quick to train in? Or any Pokemon that gives off a lot of exp.?
Thanks for the help if ya give it :D
Try to use VS Seeker, it helps you a lot.
I hope this helps.
i wont give you any cookies
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Agous
Solid Mercury?

Nature: Sassy
Thank you very much. I think ill give that a shot!

I miss my friends everynight...
I wonder where they are now...

Old September 14th, 2013, 05:08 AM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
I have both versions ,but no none of them have differences. It's like the same game ....
So who can tell me all differences between them? Thanks for the answers from all of you
Hacks I support :

Old September 14th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

The only difference is that you get different Pokemon in each one. Like not a huge difference, just a small one. Like FireRed you get Growlithe, LeafGreen you get Vulpix. Also, in LeafGreen you get Staryu. In FireRed you get Psyduck. I could be wrong. It's just Pokemon, though.
Completed Challenges:
Randomized Pokemon Challenge
Solo Run - Alakazam

Old September 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Fiery Dash

I'm not trying to mini-mod, but I have a question instead.
Is this a thread of FR vs LG or more like questioning the difference between versions?
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Biggest? Box art.

Smaller differences are Pokemon.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
I'm not trying to mini-mod, but I have a question instead.
Is this a thread of FR vs LG or more like questioning the difference between versions?
Think of it as more like a help thread. If someone has a question about 3rd gen games (e.g. 'Where can I catch ___', 'What's the difference between FR and LG', etc), then they can ask it here rather than make a new thread about it. It's also explained in the first post.

(Also woah, thread is nearing 5 years of age.)

Old September 20th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Cryptonix

I've recently been hunting for Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Sapphire and today I found a Shiny Rayquaza after only 2 hours of soft resetting.

It has the same nature as my Shiny Blaziken, the only other shiny I've obtained in this game, which I don't think much of. It's Sassy nature, a pretty bad nature to be honest. I encountered my Shiny Torchic about 2 hours after turning on my game as well, so maybe I just hit the same RNG Frame.

However, something else happened literally 30 minutes after encountering Shiny Rayquaza. I decided I had some time left, so I went to go soft-reset on Beldum. Maybe 10 minutes into turning on my game, Shiny Beldum. Guess what? Sassy nature as well.

Is there anything going on with my RNG Frames? 3 shiny Pokemon with the same nature, one of which found earlier than the others and couldn't possibly be the same. My battery is run dry, so maybe that helps. It all seems too convenient to be a coincidence.

I decided to drop the Shiny Sassy Beldum and start over because people might suspect I'm cheating and I assure you that I'm not. I don't even think I'll mention to other people that I found it simply because I don't want to seem like a cheater.

(I have a pretty odd history with the Sassy nature, actually. Back when I WAS a cheater and cheated the **** out of Pokemon Emerald, Emerald's shiny code forced Sassy nature every time. But I'm not cheating. I even have a video of me capturing Shiny Rayquaza; no cheating device)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
PolkyBalls

I just caught a lvl 30 Magikarp. I want to evolve it into a Gyarados but I'm not sure how that works with the moves Gyarados learns from level 20 to 30. Will it learn those at lvl 31 or should I stick to my level 21 Gyarados?
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkyBalls View Post
I just caught a lvl 30 Magikarp. I want to evolve it into a Gyarados but I'm not sure how that works with the moves Gyarados learns from level 20 to 30. Will it learn those at lvl 31 or should I stick to my level 21 Gyarados?
If Magikarp evolves at Lv.31, he will not regain the moves he missed from those levels.

However you are able to re-learn those moves by a Heart Scale Move Tutor on Fallabor Town in RSE or Mushroom Maniac on Two Island in FrLg.
Free! Pokémon with Hidden Ability here!!
Happy Prince's DW Shop
3DS Friend Code: 3695-0268-1834

CSS originally by laugh
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
mf91

Hi

Im currently working on a "Hardmode" for Pokemon FireRed, and I have bumped into something. Im, of course, doing my best to make a progressive level increase, but.. well let me explain:

There is a pretty straight line to Misty, but then it looks like a path opens to "skip" a big part. Is it possible, after defeating Misty, to enter the Rock Tunnel, Underground path from Lavender to Celadon, enter the Team Rocket Hideout, continue to the Pokemon Tower, enter Silph Co. and then defeat Sabrina? Or am I missing out on an obstacle somewhere?
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Goatie

Nature: Modest
Sorry, I don't know that..

But I did wanted to ask that this "Hardmode" of yours ment that you get a team of 6 magikarps and try to play complete the game with them. While obviously not evolving them.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
At first I was planning putting a big picture of a Gogoat here.

But then I realized that one picture would take more space then most of the posts I'll make..
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
mf91

Hah, nah that would have to be an extra challenge the player chooses to do Im just increaseing levels and evolving stuff, although HardMode might sound a bit harsh.. Its just harder
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
You will have to go through SS Anne to get the HM01 Cut in order to get to the Rock Tunnel, as there's a cuttable tree that's blocking the path east of Cerulean. Other than that, yes, you can do all that (the HM Lt Surge's badge enables is the optional one: HM02 Fly, so you can potentially skip him for now).

Friend codes:
Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM
mf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
You will have to go through SS Anne to get the HM01 Cut in order to get to the Rock Tunnel, as there's a cuttable tree that's blocking the path east of Cerulean. Other than that, yes, you can do all that (the HM Lt Surge's badge enables is the optional one: HM02 Fly, so you can potentially skip him for now).
Ow, you are right - I actually should've known that! Well that saves a big part of it What about Erika and Koga (or a visit to Fuschia)? Are they necessary for anything before Sabrina? And another thing - after Silph Co., is it possible to go straight to Giovanni without visiting Cinnabar (or Fuschia for that matter)?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links