The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Yes as you could trade with X and Y with Soul Silver, I would also recommend you to get it. That will help you spend time till X and Y and you could be able to play with your Soul Silver team in Kalos too. Imagine seeing Ampharos follow you in Soul Silver and then in X and Y , it could become a Dragon type as well or you could ride on it too maybe.
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Solidu5

In Diamond, I KO'd Mesprit and lost the opportunity to catch it. I googled around and saw that Legendaries respawn after you defeat the E4 and the champion, but Mesprit still doesn't respawn after I beat them many times. Any help? or is it just a misconception and I lost Mesprit forever?
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Stargazer
Y'know that i'm a crazy b****, I do what I want when I feel like it.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidu5 View Post
In Diamond, I KO'd Mesprit and lost the opportunity to catch it. I googled around and saw that Legendaries respawn after you defeat the E4 and the champion, but Mesprit still doesn't respawn after I beat them many times. Any help? or is it just a misconception and I lost Mesprit forever?
Sorry, but yes. Only in Platinum do they respawn. =(
Masuda Method #1 - Shiny Noibat, 2/12/14, 174 eggs
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
xxarmando

Nature: Calm
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to check Pokemon's via Pokechecker on Pokemon Platinum. I own a 3DS.

All help appreciated,

Armando.

Art by Themrock
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Kami Oni
The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by James. View Post
You have at least six Pokemon in a Box in your game that you want to migrate to your SoulSilver?

None of your cartridges show up with the option to migrate?

None of your cartridges are from a different region than your SoulSilver game, correct?

Are your cartridges being recognized by your DS? (you can play your games on your DS)
Yes the gameboy advance Fire red is recognized on my DS there is more then 6 in the box but it just wont show migrate on the options in the main menu and its in Kanto
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Mohammad Adil

Nature: Serious
i'm playing pokemon platinum and i am in hearthome city and my team is:
gortle lvl 24 (rash nature\ moves: bite - curse - absorbe - razor leaf) ability: overgrow
buneary lvl 25 (serious nature\ moves: quick attack - cut - frustration - jump kick) ability:klutz
psyduck lvl 24 (brave nature\ moves: disable - confusion - rock smash - water pulse) ability:damp
drifloon lvl 26 (hasty nature\ moves: payback - astonish - gust - scoptile) ability:unburden
and i have too:
ralts(female) lvl17 (timid nature\ moves:confusion-douple team-teleport-luchy chant) ability:trace
togepi lvl 5 (rash nature\ moves: charm - growl) ability:hustle
i want to add riolu and houndour
but i'm confused wich one should i pick for the perfect balanced team
can you help me to decide what should i do ..
(i think i need another water type instead of psyduck .. right??)

Last edited by Mohammad Adil; September 5th, 2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:28 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammad Adil View Post
i'm playing pokemon platinum and i am in hearthome city and my team is:
gortle lvl 24 (rash nature\ moves: bite - curse - absorbe - razor leaf) ability: overgrow
buneary lvl 25 (serious nature\ moves: quick attack - cut - frustration - jump kick) ability:klutz
psyduck lvl 24 (brave nature\ moves: disable - confusion - rock smash - water pulse) ability:damp
drifloon lvl 26 (hasty nature\ moves: payback - astonish - gust - scoptile) ability:unburden
and i have too:
ralts(female) lvl17 (timid nature\ moves:confusion-douple team-teleport-luchy chant) ability:trace
togepi lvl 5 (rash nature\ moves: charm - growl) ability:hustle
i want to add riolu and houndour
but i'm confused wich one should i pick for the perfect balanced team
can you help me to decide what should i do ..
(i think i need another water type instead of psyduck .. right??)
I think you should add both of them and remove Buneary in your team. Buneary is cute but it's battling in platinum which will help you complete the game
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Fiery Dash

Hello guys, I would like to ask questions!

When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated?
Is it upon during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, like in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
If so, is Suicine's generated along with Entei and Raikou?

Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and that creepy cave respectively after you defeated them on first try. So the question is, will their IVs and Natures get reset during this second attempt?
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Hi guys, yesterday I got Pokemon yellow (finally, sigh). And I planning to stick to it for a while, however, I'm not sure what to play afterwards!
I am planning to play all generations from the beginning. I am afraid that if I go though Kanto now, and then Kanto and Johto in Crystal, Soul Silver will feel boring repetitive and I won't be able to enjoy it, not the story or graphics. Since I will already know everything that's going to happen. (Or at least most of it). So should I skip the Crystal?
My playing order was supposed to be:
Yellow-Crystal-FireRed-Emerald-SoulSilver-Platinum-White-White2-X

But now I am not sure whether I should skip the Crystal(And maybe firered(?)) and just return to them (much) later when nostalgia kicks in?

If you guys played all of these games and you can suggest a playing order, feel free to! :D
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Fiery Dash

My suggestion is scramble the orders, don't mind to much about the orders of era!
I'm actually replaying Gen III to Gen V as countdown for the new Pokemon games in the near future...
This is my order DP > HGSS > RS > BW1 > Pt > BW2.
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Sven

Nice order. I haven't played a usual Pokemon game for a reaaaaly long time so I figured I wanted to play the older games first.
I'm playing Yellow right now and really am enjoying it, but I don't know if I'll enjoy Kanto and johto as much after roaming through it for the third time. Soul Silver seems so good, I just don't want to ruin the experience by knowing everything in advance and by being fed up with those two regions. Bit weird, I know lol xD
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:48 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Are Entei's and Raikou's their natures set?I always get a careful Entei every time i catch it and aGentle Raikou(I tried 5 times)

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216

Last edited by JayTheKing; September 8th, 2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:48 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
If you'd like to keep your gaming journey fresh and the least repetitive, then I'd suggest: Yellow -> RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 -> HGSS. But that would be just my personal preference. I'd definitely refrain from playing through Kanto in close sequence, so perhaps leave HGSS last and have BW and B2W2 in sequence. (Plus, you'd be able to transition smoothly from the events of BW to B2W2, thus making the storyline more enjoyable.) In all honesty, it's up to you what order you'd like to play your games in. As long you have fun then that's the main thing. :)

Anyway, quick questions belong in the Fourth Gen Help Thread so I'll chuck this over there.

[ Moved ]
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Agous
Solid Mercury?

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxarmando View Post
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to check Pokemon's via Pokechecker on Pokemon Platinum. I own a 3DS.

All help appreciated,

Armando.
What do you mean by Pokechecker. The answer is probably no. But i'll look into it for you.

and @JayTheKing , i do belive that once you have encountered the entei and raikou in the burnt tower, they will always have the same nature. makes sense, cause theyre the same pokemon always on the move.

I miss my friends everynight...
I wonder where they are now...

Last edited by Agous; September 8th, 2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: So i dont doublepost
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
If you'd like to keep your gaming journey fresh and the least repetitive, then I'd suggest: Yellow -> RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 -> HGSS. But that would be just my personal preference. I'd definitely refrain from playing through Kanto in close sequence, so perhaps leave HGSS last and have BW and B2W2 in sequence. (Plus, you'd be able to transition smoothly from the events of BW to B2W2, thus making the storyline more enjoyable.) In all honesty, it's up to you what order you'd like to play your games in. As long you have fun then that's the main thing.

Anyway, quick questions belong in the Fourth Gen Help Thread so I'll chuck this over there.

[ Moved ]
Actually I am really looking forward to Soulsilver so I cant put it the last. Plus, I also want to use Pokewalker as soon as I start with new Pokemon games. Ty for advice tho :D

Why did you put the topic here tho :/
I was looking forward to few more answers, I doubt I'll get them here :L
Thanks anyway!
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Fiery Dash

Hello guys, I have to re-post my questions, because a thread was moved here...
Thus my question was covered by it.
  1. When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated? Is it during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
  2. If so, is Suicine's IV/Nature generated along with Entei and Raikou?
  3. Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and Turnback Cave respectively, after you defeated them on first try. Will their IVs and Natures get re-generate during this second attempt?
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
Hello guys, I have to re-post my questions, because a thread was moved here...
Thus my question was covered by it.
  1. When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated? Is it during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
  2. If so, is Suicine's IV/Nature generated along with Entei and Raikou?
  3. Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and Turnback Cave respectively, after you defeated them on first try. Will their IVs and Natures get re-generate during this second attempt?
1. The IVs and natures of Raikou and Entei are generated as soon as they leave the Burned Tower.
2. Regarding Suicune, it doesn't go through the IV and nature generation that Raikou and Entei do; it's a stationary Pokemon in Kanto, so its IVs and nature are soft-resettable.
3. Yes, their IVs and natures will be soft-resettable at the second attempt around.

Old September 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I am trying to get the Blue orb in HeartGold but Mr Fuji is always in the House Of Memories.I have beaten Red.What do i do?

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old September 8th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
I am trying to get the Blue orb in HeartGold but Mr Fuji is always in the House Of Memories.I have beaten Red.What do i do?
If memory serves right you have to meet Mr.Pokemon the odd man(aka Mystery Egg man) that lives past Cherrygrove in his own house.
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Undertaker Sheep

I'm new to these forums, but I'm pretty sure you've heard this story before: I bought two games, Pokemon Diamond and Platinum, off of ebay in used condition, and I'm wondering if my games are fakes or not. I was pretty convinced they were real when I bought them, but something happened that made me think.

The two games were sold as a bundle. Only a few hours after I paid for the two games I received an email from ebay that they had removed the offer from their website, claiming it violated either their policy or someone's copyright. They told me that if I had already paid for the items, I should wait 10 days and if I still hadn't received them I could get my money back from them. Naturally, I sent the person selling them an email asking why the item was removed. The seller contacted me the next day, saying it was because ebay thought he was using the pictures of another seller.

Today I received the two games in the mail. They were sent from the UK (I live in the Netherlands) and arrived after only a few days. Awesome. I took them out and compared them to the only other 4th generation game I own, Soul Silver. A few things immediately stood out to my now sceptic mind:

• The game serial number on the front is USA, and not EUR.
  • The cartridges are dark grey, opposed to my Soul Silver cartridge which is black.
  • On the back of my Soul Silver cartridge, the Nintendo logo and the line below it (NTR-031. PAT.PEND.) are in dark black ink. On the back of Platinum and Diamond, they are a darker grey than their cartridge and appear to have been 'engraved' into the cartridge.
  • The serial numbers on the back of the Platinum and Diamond cartridges are in a darker ink and can easily be read when I tilt them. The serial number on the back of Soul Silver turns 'invisible' when I tilt the cartridge at a certain angle.
Now I'm 99% sure my Soul Silver game is legitimate: I bought it when it came out from my country's #1 online store. But I have no experience with the new Generation other than Soul Silver, and no experience at all with games from other regions. I'm wondering if they're real. Can anyone help me determine that, so perhaps I can try to get my money back if they're not?

I've added some pictures as attachments so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any help would be awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg‎ (107.3 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg‎ (98.4 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg‎ (133.5 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I need to do a little more searching and checking when I get back home for this, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's normal for Diamond and Platinum to be gray cartridges as opposed to black. They started making them black when HGSS came out, so that's nothing to worry about. I'll try to come back to this when I get home and help you further, unless someone beats me to it haha.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Undertaker Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I need to do a little more searching and checking when I get back home for this, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's normal for Diamond and Platinum to be gray cartridges as opposed to black. They started making them black when HGSS came out, so that's nothing to worry about. I'll try to come back to this when I get home and help you further, unless someone beats me to it haha.
Thanks for the help, I really need it. I'm glad that the cartridges being grey is a good thing!
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Sonatron
Face of Rubber

Nature: Quiet
I have an American version of Diamond and a European version of Pearl (I live in England, but I bought an imported version of Diamond from a local game shop when it first came out, Pearl I got about a year later from another game shop) I've compared my American Diamond to yours and it looks like yours are legitimate. Also, what Sydian said too, Pearl and Diamond are supposed to have grey cartridges while SS is black

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old September 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Did you try out the games to see if there was anything odd or unusual? Sometimes that helps...

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Undertaker Sheep

@Sonatron: that's good to hear! Just in case, are the markings on the back of your American cartridge the same as on my Platinum cartridge?

@pokemoner2500: I haven't really played it yet. The GameFreak logo does seem to appear rather slow, and the when I press start on the title screen it goes to New Game immediately. Is that normal? I have no game other than Soul Silver to compare it to.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links