Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old September 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
So, I'm doing my Random Pokemon challenge and I was going through the Ghost tower in Emerald for Shadow ball for my Mighteyna. For whatever reason, this time around, I decided to click to see what a lot of people had to say and it was rather depressing.

Throughout the Pokemon games, there is always a ghost tower or something where people always say some sort of depressing things. Do these things make you sad or anything? Or maybe make you think of some of your real life memories?
Completed Challenges:
Randomized Pokemon Challenge
Solo Run - Alakazam

Old September 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
The various people who say their Pokemon had passed I find very sad, but also intriguing at the same time. The idea of Pokemon death is something that's not touched upon all that often and considering the target audience, I see why that is.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:08 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Old Chateau creeped me out because of the ghosts of the butler and the little girl suddenly showing up, then disappearing.

Old September 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Old Chateau is creepy with the eerie music, and you killed a pokemon in red/blue. A raticate.

I wonder what happens to the raticate in FR/LG...?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic396668_1.gif
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
The Old Chateau and the Sendoff Spring really creeps me out. That music is haunting!

I remember while playing Black 2, there is a woman you battle in Celestial Tower who says this after being defeated: ''Oh, right there, I nearly called my late Pokemon's name...'' suggesting she was going to battle with it but she forgot it passed away. :/
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
atomtanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Old Chateau creeped me out because of the ghosts of the butler and the little girl suddenly showing up, then disappearing.
Yeah, I think the Old Chateau was the creepiest of any location in the games. I loved it, though!

I always find it interesting that they mention Pokemon dying, but the player never experiences it. I'm glad though -- how awful if you loaded up an old save file and saw, "Your Pokemon has died of old age!" I guess that would make it a bit more Tamagotchi-like.

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Dude, if they ever made a Pokemon Tamagotchi, I'd be all over that so fast.
But yeah, I agree about the Old Chateau. Also, Lavender Town music. /shudder
Terriermon and Lopmon

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:01 AM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

Nature: Quiet
I once went to old chateau for rotom but after i saw the ghost i would never go back there again
Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope - DynalMaestro 2014
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cassino
no

I just think it's an odd kind of place to have as a staple location throughout the series. Lavender's tower was interesting since it was party to a significant part of the story (as an event establishing the evil team as evil, it wasn't rivalled until the fifth generation); otherwise they're rather boring places, even arduous.
DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:58 PM
FinalInsanity

I'm relatively impartial to the existence of gravesites in the Pokemon games. Still, I understand why they exist; Pokemon are a natural part of that world, and as in real life death is simply an aspect of living.

Come to think of it, I find it odd the Johto games more or less had no area like that. I wonder why that is, considering every other game has an area like that? I think you had Mr. Fuji's house in the postgame and that's it, though I suppose Burnt Tower could be considered that as well.

I'll always like Mt. Pyre best though. Creepy atmosphere, and the summit has great music.
Punfucius says; Man who runs behind car get exhausted. Man who runs in front of car get tired.

Challenge Runs:

Ultimate Solo Dratini (Red: CLEAR!) (Soulsilver: CLEAR!) (Sapphire: 0/8) (Platinum: 0/8) (Black 1: 0/8) (Black 2: 0/8)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here