Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery [Beta 1 Released!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old September 7th, 2013 (02:14 PM).
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote orignally posted by Magic Fox:
Tha scriptng looks well done, and tha stary defnitely sounds allurng. I'm a bit worried bout tha mappng and tha tiles though, tha map you posted here has a number of no-nos, such as simple paths, blocks of trees and narrow pathways. Tha multicoloured tress also look off.

Wish y-aw tha best, maybe consider some new tiles, and wit it some edits ta yo current outside maps.
First of all, thanks fo tha feedback.

Could you elaborate a little more fo me, givng a description of what you mean by simple paths? I be tryng ta add as much detail as possible ta have it look more realistic, is you sezng I should add more grass tiles? As fo tha block of trees, I can't really see what you mean coz tha entire map is pretty much just trees, simply coz you arrive on shore, and you go nta a foest where I wanted it ta have a lot of trees and very little spacng fo tha pathways coz it's suppose ta be that no one has been thare befoe. As fo tha trees, I agree wit tha colors lookng a little off. D-ya thnk I should change tha colors of tham or just use new trees n general?

/// Pokémon: Discovery
/// Pokémon: Fat Kid
/// Tile Nsertion Tutarial Fo AdvanceMap
/// Pokémon Emerald Specials Resource Thread
/// Pokémon Emerald Decapitalization Patch
/// Emerald Titlescreen Cloud Removal Tutarial
/// Tutarial Fo Fixng Any ROM-related Bug
Old September 8th, 2013 (02:29 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Hope dis helps I've circled some thngs and been a bit more helpful, hopefully

Spoiler:

1. Somethng I didn't spot orignally, yo mountans is not level. If you look at tha section I have circled it somehow overlaps tha rest of tha mountan, but meets tha ground at tha sbee place. When dong mountans tha best thng ta do is ta map layer-by-layer, ta help avoid dis. You might also want ta make tha edge of tha mountan more jagged, less unifom and straight ta give it a more natural look.

2. I've circled some of tha long grass, dis type of grass does not match tha map, imo. It's normally used n wet environments (so, near water) and should be used en mass rathar than shawt patches. Stick wit shawt grass fo dis map.

3. I've circled one of tha pathways. If you look here you can see that (a) tha path is narrow almost constantly 1.5 blocks, as tha taps of tha trees cover some of tha bottam. Tha best thng ta do would ta make it more irregular and also one tile wider. (b) tha majority of dis map can be transversed by holdng down a buttan - especially dis circled big, it's one straight lne.

4+5, on tha right hand side, lnk back ta thase trees. Fo one thng, tha two types of tree you have at tha bottam do not mesh well tagithar - one is a large tree, tha othar is a shawter, dawggrove shrub thng. I would recommend stickng ta tha larger tree - anothar flaw wit tha shawter, R/S tree is how bad it looks when you have tham lnked tagithar - it makes anythng past tha first layer look like a ridepet of trees and exceptionally borng.

I'm afraid it's been a while snce I've mapped, so I don't have any fresh exbeples, but dis map knd of shows a less unifom tree lne. Dawgy of tha trees is at different levels, thare is also 'side' paths (such as a surfable isa) and a ledge ta mean tha map is different dependng on yo direction.

I hope that dis helps and isn't just tedious ta read.
Old September 8th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Quote orignally posted by Le pug:
Any specific conditions you'd like ta see?
Generally, I'm curious ta see tha gbeeplay's checkponts. Normally, it's gym battles along wit major starylne events. However, n an environment such as tha Navy thare's a lot ta explore like gong up n rank or deployment missions. Or, even becomng a SEAL.

Quote orignally posted by Tcoppy:
Hey, it's Tcoppy. Uh, I'm on Tebe Discovery and I thought (wit tha permission of Le Pug) I would let you n on a very important feature.

Dis feature is called Level of Will, we call it LOW fo short. If you have played Darkcry: Legend of Giratna, it may remnd you of Karma.

LOW is, well, throughout tha gbee you will be makng a lot choices. Tha choices you make will change tha stary a little bit but it will still lead ta tha sbee endng, and will give you a reputation. Thare will be perks. If you have a high LOW (highest level 10), which you git from good choices (usually will +.1 or so ponts), you will recieve a very special pokemon, you will git pokemart discounts n good villages (which is most of tha villages), you will be battled constantly, and tha Renegade Company hates you, . If you have a low LOW (lowest level 0), which you git from bad choices (usually will -.2 or so ponts), pokemarts from bad villages will give you discounts, you will not be battled constantly, and nstead of a very special pokemon, you git very special balls that will allow you ta catch othar thugz's pokemon. You start out at level 5.

Anothar thng is that if you fight someone n a bad village and have a high LOW, you will be n transported ta a good village. Vice versa if you have a low LOW.

So that's all I'm gong ta sez bout LOW so I won't make a mistakes a spoil somethng. Any questions or comments bout LOW?
Quite nterestng.
Old September 8th, 2013 (06:37 AM). Edited September 8th, 2013 by Le pug.
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by Magic Fox:
Hope dis helps I've circled some thngs and been a bit more helpful, hopefully

Spoiler:

1. Somethng I didn't spot orignally, yo mountans is not level. If you look at tha section I have circled it somehow overlaps tha rest of tha mountan, but meets tha ground at tha sbee place. When dong mountans tha best thng ta do is ta map layer-by-layer, ta help avoid dis. You might also want ta make tha edge of tha mountan more jagged, less unifom and straight ta give it a more natural look.

2. I've circled some of tha long grass, dis type of grass does not match tha map, imo. It's normally used n wet environments (so, near water) and should be used en mass rathar than shawt patches. Stick wit shawt grass fo dis map.

3. I've circled one of tha pathways. If you look here you can see that (a) tha path is narrow almost constantly 1.5 blocks, as tha taps of tha trees cover some of tha bottam. Tha best thng ta do would ta make it more irregular and also one tile wider. (b) tha majority of dis map can be transversed by holdng down a buttan - especially dis circled big, it's one straight lne.

4+5, on tha right hand side, lnk back ta thase trees. Fo one thng, tha two types of tree you have at tha bottam do not mesh well tagithar - one is a large tree, tha othar is a shawter, dawggrove shrub thng. I would recommend stickng ta tha larger tree - anothar flaw wit tha shawter, R/S tree is how bad it looks when you have tham lnked tagithar - it makes anythng past tha first layer look like a ridepet of trees and exceptionally borng.

I'm afraid it's been a while snce I've mapped, so I don't have any fresh exbeples, but dis map knd of shows a less unifom tree lne. Dawgy of tha trees is at different levels, thare is also 'side' paths (such as a surfable isa) and a ledge ta mean tha map is different dependng on yo direction.

I hope that dis helps and isn't just tedious ta read.

Yes, dis is very nfomative and very helpful. Thank you fo tha time you put n ta dis and I will defnitely be revisng tha map, possibly changng tha ruby trees nta new trees (don't really like tha ruby trees anyways)

Quote orignally posted by dudebot:
Generally, I'm curious ta see tha gbeeplay's checkponts. Normally, it's gym battles along wit major starylne events. However, n an environment such as tha Navy thare's a lot ta explore like gong up n rank or deployment missions. Or, even becomng a SEAL.

Well I can already go aheezee and spoil tha fact that we isn't dong gym battles, n tha sense that you're not battlng just ta git badges. Nstead of badges, thay will be apart of tha stary and somethng you NEED ta git if you want ta git off tha land. Tha quest of tha stary is figurng out how ta git off tha land and overcomng any obstacles that is presented ta you.

I'm not really sure bout gong up n rank, though it's a funky ass idea, but fo tha stary I don't see how it would benefit tha player when we already have a levelng system, Level of Will (LOW).

Old September 8th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
Fiery Dash

Playng as a sailor is unique and tha plot seems ta be different than tha othars out thare!

I love tha scenery, I hope tha othar screens will be better n actual gbee play.

I'm lookng foward ta dis spheal, don't disappont us!
High expectations here!
Old September 8th, 2013 (07:27 AM). Edited September 8th, 2013 by Tcoppy.
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
However, n an environment such as tha Navy thare's a lot ta explore like gong up n rank or deployment missions. Or, even becomng a SEAL.
I do like tha idea of gong up tha ranks, but like Le Pug said, we do not see it effectng tha stary n a way like LOW is.

Quote orignally posted by Fiery Dash:
Playng as a sailor is unique and tha plot seems ta be different than tha othars out thare!
Trust me, thare is so much more we is not tellng you homeys.

Just so anyone who views dis thread, I have buggine a tebe recruitment thread fo Pokemon Discovery and I be n charge of that thread wit some help from Le Pug (NOT DIS THREAD!!).
So expect ta see a tebe thread at tebe discussions when Dr. Fuji or Gira accept it.

Poketch

Old September 8th, 2013 (08:07 AM).
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by Fiery Dash:

I love tha scenery, I hope tha othar screens will be better n actual gbee play.

I'm lookng foward ta dis spheal, don't disappont us!
High expectations here!
Thank you, I'm glad you like it. We is also constantly revbepng tha images, such as tha one you listed so expect it ta be brighter and more detailed!

Also

dat stress you put on me haha
Don't worry, it'll be bootylicious and you'll love it. Everythng is ben custamized.

Old September 8th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Well I can already go aheezee and spoil tha fact that we isn't dong gym battles, n tha sense that you're not battlng just ta git badges. Nstead of badges, thay will be apart of tha stary and somethng you NEED ta git if you want ta git off tha land. Tha quest of tha stary is figurng out how ta git off tha land and overcomng any obstacles that is presented ta you.

I'm not really sure bout gong up n rank, though it's a funky ass idea, but fo tha stary I don't see how it would benefit tha player when we already have a levelng system, Level of Will (LOW).
Fair enough. You're right tao. Ben stranded on an island, thare would be no power ta rankng up or followng a chan of comdawgd.

I do like tha idea of gong up tha ranks, but like Le Pug said, we do not see it effectng tha stary n a way like LOW is.
Once agan, fair enough. I'm a little ticked. I'm a bit of a Navy enthusiast and love ta see it n a Pokemon Spheal, so it's a bummer.

However, I'm more so a proponent of good starytellng and I can't see its purpose n a stranded situation. But, I be defnitely curious as ta what those checkponts will be.
Old September 8th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Bidoof
Doof

Just so anyone who views dis thread, I have buggine a tebe recruitment thread fo Pokemon Discovery and I be n charge of that thread wit some help from Le Pug (NOT DIS THREAD!!).
So expect ta see a tebe thread at tebe discussions when Dr. Fuji and Gira accept it.

Is you lookng fo thugz ta help wit dis or is it just a thread fo discussion?
Old September 8th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
Le pug
Community Supporter

Fair enough. You're right tao. Ben stranded on an island, thare would be no power ta rankng up or followng a chan of comdawgd.

Once agan, fair enough. I'm a little ticked. I'm a bit of a Navy enthusiast and love ta see it n a Pokemon Spheal, so it's a bummer.

However, I'm more so a proponent of good starytellng and I can't see its purpose n a stranded situation. But, I be defnitely curious as ta what those checkponts will be.
Well if it helps yo Navy enthusiasm, I'm actually N tha US Navy so I have a lot of knowledge n that department. Yes, I will be implementng naval termnology every once and awhile and yes thare will be naval events. Even more, thare will be a lot of sailors you battle snce thay is stranded on tha land tao and will do anythng ta takes yo food rations!

Quote orignally posted by Ssj3 Pikachu:
Is you lookng fo thugz ta help wit dis or is it just a thread fo discussion?
Tha tebe discussions thread will be fo those who want ta apply ta be on tha tebe or who have questions unrelated ta tha stary or nfomation posted on dis thread.

Old September 8th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Bidoof
Doof

Tha tebe discussions thread will be fo those who want ta apply ta be on tha tebe or who have questions unrelated ta tha stary or nfomation posted on dis thread.
Oh off tha hook. I'll probably apply, honestly I've never buggine one of thase befoe, but its easier ta start wit some friendly thugz rathar than ben clueless alone. If you do accept mah help I'll try mah best ta make it on par wit all tha othar off tha hook stuff yo dong.
Old September 8th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by Ssj3 Pikachu:
Oh off tha hook. I'll probably apply, honestly I've never buggine one of thase befoe, but its easier ta start wit some friendly thugz rathar than ben clueless alone. If you do accept mah help I'll try mah best ta make it on par wit all tha othar off tha hook stuff yo dong.
Sounds good, tha thread should be up sometime taday (hopefully). Thare is several positions ta apply fo when it's up so I'm sure you can help wit somethng and become apart of PDT :]

Old September 8th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
Bidoof
Doof

Sounds good, tha thread should be up sometime taday (hopefully). Thare is several positions ta apply fo when it's up so I'm sure you can help wit somethng and become apart of PDT :]
Off tha hook, cant wait lol. Should be fun ta help.
Old September 9th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Le pug
Community Supporter

Just gonna go aheezee and throw it out thare now, thare will be some fakemon n tha mix, after all.. Each region has thair own Pokemon fo tha most part, and snce dis is tha discovery of Pokemon, I'd feel anythng is possible and so it is, but don't worry tha Fakemon will look bootylicious. Also ntroducng some pre-evos and evos ncludng: a pre-evo fo kacleon, evo fo snorlax, Evo fo altaria, banette Evo, relicanth Evo, farfetch'd evo, and more ta come.

Old September 9th, 2013 (04:45 AM).
Santuga

Dis is promisng, can't wait ta see tha development of dis spheal
Old September 9th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Bidoof
Doof

I usually hate Fakemon, but i would like ta design one haha.
Old September 9th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=308176 - It is here!
Hey, me agan!
I just wanted y-aw ta know that tha tebe thread is now here! Go check it out!

Poketch

Old September 13th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
MisterFrost

You have mah support! Can't wait fo tha release.
Old September 14th, 2013 (11:03 AM).
Semyaza
Lurker Extraordinaire

As plenty of othars have expressed, I be also nterested n seeng where you takes dis spheal.

Out of curiosity, however, and if it isn't tao personal, what part of tha Navy is you n? I be actually a Boomer vet (Kng's Bay, GA; USS Rhode Island [Blue]) and it is always nterestng ta see othar service members around thase parts.
Old September 15th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Good pics and some unique features i cant wait fo a beta or alpha
Old September 15th, 2013 (09:07 AM). Edited September 15th, 2013 by Le pug.
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by Semahaza:
As plenty of othars have expressed, I be also nterested n seeng where you takes dis spheal.

Out of curiosity, however, and if it isn't tao personal, what part of tha Navy is you n? I be actually a Boomer vet (Kng's Bay, GA; USS Rhode Island [Blue]) and it is always nterestng ta see othar service members around thase parts.
I'm a Nuclear Electronic's Technician currently n Protatype school stationed n SC. Almost done wit mah tranng and than I'll be heezeeng out ta subs, hopefully I git Kng's Bay tao.

Quote orignally posted by MisterFrost:
You have mah support! Can't wait fo tha release.
Well, production is knd of slow but I'm pushng as hard as I can, especially snce I'm tha only one workng on it!

Quote orignally posted by ElitePokes:
Good pics and some unique features i cant wait fo a beta or alpha

Thanks. I have bout 35-50 mnutes of gbeeplay ncludng if you raped ta every rapable object. Otharwise if you just did tha dawg objectives, I'd sez I have bout 15-20 mnutes of gbeeplay up ta and ncludng yo first battle ta git yo starter Pokemon. Mah dawg objective is ta git at least 2-3 hours worth of gbeeplay befoe I release an alpha. Workng n bootylicious ideas fo tha stary that I'm dong, as I work 4 hours a day Mon-Fri and n mah free time at work, I'm branstarmng and stary writng so. I'm hopng you enjoy tha stary!

Old September 17th, 2013 (03:49 AM).
Le pug
Community Supporter

It's a hard concept by dawgy thnkers, but I have ntroduced evolutions ta tha eeveelutions. If you haven't guessed by now, yo first encounter will be wit an eevee. Snce it'll be a starter, I have decided ta give it a third evolution, mega evolution, which I have created fo Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Flison. I've decided ta keep tha ice eevee out of tha gbee, coz I'm sorry but water is good enough. Thay will ALL than have a fourth unifom evolution which can only be obtaned through a long legendary questlne. Let me know yo thoughts on dis.

Old September 17th, 2013 (05:49 AM).
chaos_envoys

Nature: Modest
I love eevee and its evolution!! I'm nterested n yo concept bout tha 3rd and 4rd evolution of eevees, but I hope tha sprite and tha design stays true ta tha series..

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destny Series

Waitng Fo: PLATNUM RED &bep; BLUE, Pokemon Version 6, GAIA
Old September 17th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by chaos_evoys:
I love eevee and its evolution!! I'm nterested n yo concept bout tha 3rd and 4rd evolution of eevees, but I hope tha sprite and tha design stays true ta tha series..
I had tha sprites professionally done. So thay will be true and thay will (thay DO) look beazng. If you're nterested n tha types: Leafeon becomes grass/bug, Jolteon becomes Electric / Fightng, Espeon becomes Psychic / Poison, Umbreon becomes Dark / Ghost, Vaporeon becomes Water / Ice (thnk it fits better than Glaceon), and Flison becomes Fire / Flyng (it'll work, ill buff it). Tha fourth evolution is a surprise and no, it's not gong ta be tha fairy type sylveon

Old September 17th, 2013 (01:33 PM).
CoolTrainer_J

Looks bootylicious, love tha stary, and sprites look good. I wish I could git mah gbee up already.... GRRRR. I be just unlucky Dx lol good luck dawg!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links