• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
x&y geography

the map of the kalos region has already been revealed, but since it it lable less it begs the question, which notible locations are where, like which location on the map is the league? along with which cities have a gym, all this such, predictions please

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I found this nice theory map of location online. I think it's a good way to look at the region.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
wow, didn't see that lone island on my map, the thing sayind Kalos blocked it on mine. there is clearly a cave there,I'm guessing a legendary hidden in there, or at least a megastone

Years
After looking closely at the placement of the crystal and seeing what looks like a Pokeball on top of it (zoom in closely and you can see it on the right of it on the side facing the town) I'm pretty sure it's a gym...maybe a Fairy gym or Rock gym.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
I can see that now, but considering the waterfront location I doubt the rock type gym

Guy

just a guy
Years
Kenzen, I've merged your thread with an ongoing discussion we had about the Kalos region earlier. This thread is still being exempt from the normal thread revival rules.

About the region map, at least we can safely point out where Shalour City will be thanks to the ever-so-grand Tower of Mastery. Gotta say though, it looks more like a town than it does a city.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I guess Sinnoh's Snowpoint City was the only area with lots of snow. That white part with the big mountain doesn't look like if it's a huge area with snow or even snowing at all. Well, I can only hope.

D: I love snow.

Years
There sure are a lot of bridges...I love bridges, even if they're small.
@Decimo It appears there are two towns with snow. On the speculation map I posted the town labeled SnowCity!!! (as whoever made the map put it) and the town with the windmill seems to be in the area of snow so it may have some. I too hope we get another snow city.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
I really love how the Kalos region looks. I'm excited to see the more beautiful side of a Pokemon region other than industrial heavy ******** that White/Black brought. I think it will be even better now being 3D.

Years
I really love how the Kalos region looks. I'm excited to see the more beautiful side of a Pokemon region other than industrial heavy ******** that White/Black brought. I think it will be even better now being 3D.
I agree. One of the things I liked about Hoenn and even Sinnoh is that they were full of nature or rural (most Sinnoh was rural). Unova sadly felt too industrial...even more so than Johto which is the second most urban region imo.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think Kalos looks cute. That's mostly that :/ I'm not too fond of them forcing ice and snow into the landscape on a corner; rather I think they should long ago have made different climates one of the different things about the two versions of a generation. But then again, with Kalos in particular, it makes sense. The Alps are there!

Other than that, from what I've seen Lumiose City it looks much more pleasant than the modern, bustling Castelia City of Unova. But that's Paris for you. It's not New York, obviously.

Where is this place in relation to the other regions?
I haven't heard any official statements, so maybe other can correct me, but I'd guess that it'll be said to be far away from the other regions. Much like Unova was. That's because it's based on a place in Europe rather than a part of Japan.

Years
I wonder if the shape of the region is of any significance...I mean sure Hoenn was shaped as a Yin-Yang sign but that wasn't mentioned in the advertisements unlike with Kalos being shaped like a star.

Years
I'm thinking it's shaped like a star because they wanted it to be a star. There're mountans off to the east and south, so it wouldn't look like much of a star if the view was zoomed out.

CANNOT UNSEE

I know it's purposeful but I'm wondering why they chose that shape...and why some advertisement I've seen mentions the regions shape as if it's something important...

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I kind of like the choice to go with France. In an interview I've read (this one), Masuda talks about going for a more beautiful angle. I admit this got me hyped up just a bit. I really hope that capture a bit of that architecture. One of the main reasons I wanted to go with my family to Paris was to get that romantic artistic feeling that simply doesn't exist in the US. I really enjoyed it, so seeing if this new region captures any of that would be magnificent.

I also like the theme being more on beauty or something more calm. I get that at the heart Pokémon's core concept is the battling, but perhaps with a new land and a new outlook, perhaps there can be some new alternatives?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I know it's purposeful but I'm wondering why they chose that shape...and why some advertisement I've seen mentions the regions shape as if it's something important...

Because France is in the shape of a star.

2n4lqc.jpg

Also shows Luminous City or however you spell it and Paris are in almost the exact location.

Last edited:
Back