Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK-RisinG View Post
hi i'm loving this hack i've just finished the 3rd gym and i heard there is a equal to the game being made and this video was from a while ago so is there a sequal?
The hacker left both this and it's sequel for dead. She gave permission to continue the sequel without her, but the chances of it coming back are slim to none.
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorShadow525 View Post
Anybody know for certain if DRG upped the flinch rate on zen headbutt, astonish, etc...? I like that Zen Headbutt guarantees flinching(as far as I've experienced), but i want to know if I'm just really lucky or it's the mechanic.
Yeah... those flinch rates are upped.
Especially Zen Headbutt is totally game breaking if you have quick sweeper like Lucario...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:41 AM
BlueNwz

Wow so there won't be Dark Rising 2?
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:53 AM
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Oh, Zen Headbutt is certainly upped. Well to be specific, the hacker didn't finish editing the move.

It has 100% flinch rate and is sound based. You can look this up yourself using any move editor, as well as fix it.

I wouldn't know because I didn't really find it too bad to get through without cheats (and if I did I certainly would rely more on hacking in people to give things than GS codes), but that seems far beyond the hacker's level especially given the resetting events that are able to break the game in half. More than likely it's the cheat itself, because they're rather notorious for being a bit unstable especially on hacks in general.
I guess Zen Headbutt is like that because it is based on Uproar, and i enjoy it. I don't fight many Voltorbs where I'm at. And with my other post, I still think that the game is better without cheats anyway. One of the only hacks I've played that is more fun legit.
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:00 AM
rockrockinjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNwz View Post
Please help, unable to play this game! I got the IPS file. Renamed fire red to darkrisingbeta1.gba, but when i start it's the normal fire red game. Tried renaming the ips file to .gba, it still doesn't work. How do i play this?? i am using a gameboid by the way.
My god. Wew! Did you already patch that ips to that fire red rom? If not, then download IPS patcher (Lunar IPS) then patch that IPS in a clean fire red rom then play it. That's it.
Old September 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Dark_Thunder
Meet The Team! Team Infinity!

Nature: Relaxed
Omg Omg! Finally Got An Account A While Ago. Id Like To Comment... Ive Always Wanted To Play! Now I Can! Keep Up The Good Work DarkRisingGirl.
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Rob Ketchum

Cant wait to try this hack out
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:38 AM
BlueNwz

Please tell me there is a some kind of an error/bug with Rufflet and Braviary in this game? I mean how can a 56 Level Braviary miss attacks such as Brave Bird , Thrash and Shadow Claw which have an accuracy of 100? Absolutely Insane. I get so frustrated and it does it many times. 1 out of 3 times it misses an attack. An Attack WHICH HAS AN ACCURACY OF 100??!!!!!. I have never trained a Braviary before and i hope someone can tell me it is not like this in the official games because it is a lovely pokemon and would like to train one in x and y? I mean i haven't seen any pokemon miss an attack which has 100 accuracy.
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
MaestrokeXO

Uhm can anyone help, I missed the mystic badge and hence I can't use fly. Plus, the Ice gym leader's dad is blocking the path preventing me from backtracking and I think you can't even go back through Amaris' Mansion. So I dunno does it mean I can't finish the game or is there a way back?
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:44 PM
chaos_envoys

Nature: Modest
Mine always crash when i try to enter KET! What is KET! Anyway?
Best hacks

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Voltage, dark violet, and liquid crystal
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

Hi. Is there any point in using Victini? If so, should 1 replace it with A. My typhlosion level 37 with flame wheel, swift, ember, and extrasensory. or B. My level 36 Musharna with Psybeam, psywave, hypnosis, and dream eater?
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNwz View Post
Please tell me there is a some kind of an error/bug with Rufflet and Braviary in this game? I mean how can a 56 Level Braviary miss attacks such as Brave Bird , Thrash and Shadow Claw which have an accuracy of 100? Absolutely Insane. I get so frustrated and it does it many times. 1 out of 3 times it misses an attack. An Attack WHICH HAS AN ACCURACY OF 100??!!!!!. I have never trained a Braviary before and i hope someone can tell me it is not like this in the official games because it is a lovely pokemon and would like to train one in x and y? I mean i haven't seen any pokemon miss an attack which has 100 accuracy.
Maybe your Pokes stats are changed during the battle by the opponent or check the attacks using YAPE. I think DRG has changed these moves accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestrokeXO View Post
Uhm can anyone help, I missed the mystic badge and hence I can't use fly. Plus, the Ice gym leader's dad is blocking the path preventing me from backtracking and I think you can't even go back through Amaris' Mansion. So I dunno does it mean I can't finish the game or is there a way back?
Yes I am sorry to say that without FLY you cannot progress later in the game... Man DRG or some other hack making team member should place something to prevent people from carelessly miss the Ice gym badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokenoob666 View Post
Hi. Is there any point in using Victini? If so, should 1 replace it with A. My typhlosion level 37 with flame wheel, swift, ember, and extrasensory. or B. My level 36 Musharna with Psybeam, psywave, hypnosis, and dream eater?
Yeah I should advise you to replace Musharna with it as it is low speed poke and Victini is way cooler than it but it's entirely up to you

Last edited by alienhunterx; September 10th, 2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yes I am sorry to say that without FLY you cannot progress later in the game... Man DRG or some other hack making team member should place something to prevent people from carelessly miss the Ice gym badge
DRG who won't ever come back? Not really valid =D

Quote:
Scrap Musharna. It's useless and Hypnosis + Dream Eater combo is too risky.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old September 10th, 2013, 11:54 PM
MaestrokeXO

[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7827389]

Woow, thanks. I think I might be able to find an older savestate from back then in the recyclebin, if not, oh well I could restart later if I feel like it or just play another hack..

EDIT: Found one, I was at Amaris Mansion just beat her and about to exit, thankfully I had escape ropes to get back to the entrance so now I can get that badge :'( sucks I wasted that time though

Last edited by MaestrokeXO; September 11th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
gneuer

who does the fire stone evolve? you have most of the evolutions on the attatched page with the download but i dont see any involving a fire stone???
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM
chaos_envoys

Nature: Modest
Eevee and vulpix are some pokes that evolve using fire stone..
Best hacks

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Voltage, dark violet, and liquid crystal
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

goodbye musharna. btw, what levels should my pokemon be to defeat the guy in aroma town? i don't want to lose money fighting him.
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
goodbye musharna. btw, what levels should my pokemon be to defeat the guy in aroma town? i don't want to lose money fighting him.
You mean your Rival who is blocking the cave entrance?? For that you have to train your team hard and make them all above Lv 35
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneuer View Post
who does the fire stone evolve? you have most of the evolutions on the attatched page with the download but i dont see any involving a fire stone???
You can find list of evolutions on Serebii or bulbapedia.

Quote:
Don't train to beat one trainer... grind as hell. You will really need it.
It's absolutely necessary to be at least over-leveled in every battle to have at least 90s for E4.

Old September 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
kenzo1234

I have a problem could anyone help me please? After defeating pete when he is possessed by darugis you normally can go onwards next to him but there is no opening :s how can i go further?
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

Don't train to beat one trainer... grind as hell. You will really need it.
It's absolutely necessary to be at least over-leveled in every battle to have at least 90s for E4.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]
soooooo, based on his levels, in the 50's? ugh. once i find some better opponents to vs seek i will vs seek the hell out of them! they will feel my (pokemon's) almighty wrath!
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:03 AM
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

This is my team:
Excadrill
Pupitar
Larvesta
Shelgon
Lanturn
Breloom

Any pokemon to add or take away or any special movesets you guys recommend? I just hit Nursery Road and my pokemon are level 42.
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Arawanach

I have no idea where to get pokeballs. I used them to catch new pokemon, and now I'm stuck with those pokemon I cought. Why do I have to battle so many wild pokemon without the abillity to catch any of them? And I even missed on one of the balls, so I just have a team of 5 pokemon. In the original games, you can buy pokeballs after getting your first 5. Now I feel like I have to train up a lot of pokemon I may never going to use once I finally get some pokeballs. Why would I want to have a team of several pokemon of the same type?
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorShadow525 View Post
This is my team:
Excadrill
Pupitar
Larvesta
Shelgon
Lanturn
Breloom

Any pokemon to add or take away or any special movesets you guys recommend? I just hit Nursery Road and my pokemon are level 42.
Breloom without Technician is not beast at all.
Lanturn is also not the best electric type you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawanach View Post
I have no idea where to get pokeballs. I used them to catch new pokemon, and now I'm stuck with those pokemon I cought. Why do I have to battle so many wild pokemon without the abillity to catch any of them? And I even missed on one of the balls, so I just have a team of 5 pokemon. In the original games, you can buy pokeballs after getting your first 5. Now I feel like I have to train up a lot of pokemon I may never going to use once I finally get some pokeballs. Why would I want to have a team of several pokemon of the same type?
You should be able to buy Pokeballs in the first city?

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:58 PM
radre7

I got to ask something: can you connect with your friends to battle? I have tried it a million of times and always when we're gonna start to battle the screen freezes. We can trade pokemon properly but we can't battle.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here