Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here

Quote:
Classic Japanese side-scrolling action, evolved and transformed by Keiji Inafune, an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs...and YOU!
Quote:
Mighty No. 9 is an all-new Japanese side-scrolling action game that takes the best aspects of the 8- and 16-bit era classics you know and love, and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something fresh and amazing!
You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!
Quotes taken from the Kickstarter Page.

Earlier this week, Mega Man creator Keji Inafune announced a new platformer , one that he even says is highly inspired by Mega Man. Mighty No. 9 is the first game developed by Inafune's company, Comcept. A Kickstarter page for the game was created, and it has already passed its goal. The game is currently slated for release for PC, Mac, and Linux sometime in 2015 and has both a single player and co-op mode!. Backers are given such perks as having their names put in the credits, being allowed to design enemies, and (at $10000) have dinner with Inafune.

The game has been fully funded, with all stretch goals reached, and over $4,000,000 raised! Congratulations Comcept!

What do you think about this project? What do you think about fans being allowed to help out? Do you think Capcom will have a problem with this game being so similar to Mega Man?

Game coming to PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, 360, PS4, XBOne, Wii U, 3DS, and PSVITA! So, pretty much any current gen/next gen console out there.

EDIT: Game fully funded, with over $4,000,000 raised!
Check out my YouTube channel:

Last edited by Unknown#; October 1st, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old September 1st, 2013, 09:13 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
I never really got into the Megaman series, I just gotta say. With that said, I have read about how bad said series have been treated over recently and the downfall of MML3 (presumably at the hands of Capcom of Japan). Seeing and reading this project...I don't how to explain, but it gave me a sense of excitement. Watching the Kickstarter video it was like I was overcome with sort of positive emotion. It was like a shiver went down my spine hahaha.

From my viewpoint, it seems like this team really cares about doing what they feel should be right. I'd say I hope this does go the full 100% and this becomes a reality.
Old September 1st, 2013, 10:56 PM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I've recently started playing Mega Man games (thanks to the 3DS' Virtual Console), so this interests me. It does look very, very similar and so it wouldn't surprise me if Capcom had something to say. But we'll see. I'm looking forward to the game.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Bayonetta 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon X

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old September 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Wow, this is pretty big news. At first glance, I thought they just upgraded Megaman's armor and gave him a more modern look. A whole new game is something entirely different, and quite the interesting move by Capcom. I'll definitely be following this closely, because it's going to be a major challenge to make this game unique and not a carbon copy of its Megaman counterpart. I'm glad that they're trying to bring something back though.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Arc
temporarily dead

Nature: Bashful
I'm a big fan of the original Megaman games, and Mighty No. 9 just looks so amazing that I had to fund it. Overall, I have big expectations for this game, especially with Inafune at the helm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
A whole new game is something entirely different, and quite the interesting move by Capcom.
Just to note. Capcom has no involvement with Mighty No. 9. As it's being created by Keiji Inafune's own company, Comcept, and other key developers.
エマ・ミルスティン
(早見 沙織)
Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
My boyfriend is super excited for this. I'm thrilled to see they've reached their funding goal in only a few days.. and people will probably continue to pitch in during the remaining month. They've also reached the goal for a Mac version already, whee! :-D

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I've never been a fan of the original series (was only a fan of Battle Network and Starforce), but I'm glad that it's getting a reincarnation. I'd like to see them take this series as far as they possibly can, and not just give up on it like they did with Mega Man. Capcom most likely won't have any problems with them, since they seem to have lost their interest in Mega Man completely. d:

Sometime this week, I'll make a $20 donation to them to help raise their funding target and show my support.
for all distractions.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I've played only a few of the original series (Megaman 8), but, heck, this does sound interesting, and I'm glad Capcom decided to pick back up on the Megaman "tradition" so to speak. Sigh, it was quite a pity on how they completely drop the Megaman series, but, yeah.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Looks like an awesome game to come, though we do have to wait until like... 2015? It reached a goal of $900,000 in 24 hours, which obviously means one thing... lots of people are behind this. I'm really hoping this doesn't sorely disappoint us, though we aren't just talking about some no-namer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
Wow, this is pretty big news. At first glance, I thought they just upgraded Megaman's armor and gave him a more modern look. A whole new game is something entirely different, and quite the interesting move by Capcom. I'll definitely be following this closely, because it's going to be a major challenge to make this game unique and not a carbon copy of its Megaman counterpart. I'm glad that they're trying to bring something back though.
Capcom has nothing to do with this, it's a project by Keiji Inafune and his team.

Edit: I didn't look at Barrage's post there, though I'll still leave this up for reference.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

I think that Capcom is going to have issues with the similarities, but they can't do anything about it. Legally they might be able to, but going after the creator of one of your companies most well known franchises would piss off pretty much every one of their fans.
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Megaman is my absolute favourite side-scroller series. Yes, that means more than the Mario and Kirby series. But, this looks amazing. Take a pre-existing concept and more "originalise" it. Looking forward to this!! :D
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

I just checked, and the Kickstarter has raised over $2,000,000! Amazing! And of course, they went and added like 10 more stretch goals. Still though, the amount of support this game is getting is amazing!

Old September 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
FlamingRage
Can you feel my rage?

Mega man has always been my favorite side scroller series too. And the legends series, that was just brilliant, I daresay I liked it more than pokemon!

I really hope capcom will just sell them mega man so they can make legends 3, but I still get the feeling they'll continue to be the jerks they are and sue the pants off of Keiji.
P.s. My name is ironic. I almost never flame or rage.
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Sheep

They're so close to being able to release PS3/360/Wii U versions oh my gosh. This is amazing; so glad to see the kickstarter doing well. :)) I was never that into Megaman outside Battle Network but this is going to be amazing.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
As a long time Megaman fan, I just pledged for the physical copy of the game (and I'm praying to get a MM1-esque cover art- please!). Really, I'm very happy we are getting this- although I'll miss Dr. Wily's eyebrows. I'm sure they'll find something else to make up for it.

I hope it looks more like a proper up-to-date Megaman 11 than a Megaman Xwhatevernumber. I want it to be as hard as possible.
"Your loyalties... are they clear?"

"Yes sir. They are."

Last edited by Went; September 17th, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I don't really have much to add outside of "personally funded". More importantly, I'm happy to see Inafune put his money where his mouth is. That's what I love to see in the game industry, men of action.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I went with the $99 pledge. It's all I could spare, and I look forward to how well Mighty No. 9 will turn out. I also hope it teaches Capcom a lesson... don't mess with megaman fans.
Old September 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Pikachukid
VOLT TACKLE >:D

Nature: Lonely
I've been a Megaman fan since ever I'm so pumped for this game, does anyone know if there's a release date or expected release date yet?

Finished the FR/LG monotype a loooooong time ago. Not that anyone cares though.
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Para-Dox

Even as someone who wouldn't consider himself a fan of them Mega Man franchise, I'm very excited to see where this spiritual successor will go after how well it has done on Kickstarter. Considering how much Capcom has decayed over the years the fact this is a separate Inafune project just makes me even more hopeful.
I HAVE MOVED TO THIS [x] ACCOUNT
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Yumetaro
MAI RIBBONS

Nature: Calm
When I first heard the name, I thought it was another Mighty game from WayForward.

Being the Mega Man nut I am, I am happily welcoming Beck to the party. I am definitely getting the game when it is released.
Yumetaro, honorary cool guy.
My Tumblr: Here
My Twitter: Here
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
I am very happy with this. CAPCOM for some reason does not understand it's fans that want Megaman not Street Fighter cross on-disc DLC.

PairFriend Code
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Oh yeah! Im super exited about M.N.9. Ive checked the page constantly, everyday ever since the early days. I love the design of the mighty numbers (exept for 5) and Ive voted about the favourite Call style etc.
I love how Inafune went like "Sure...Im just gonna do a new francise...thats exactly like megaman...but better. Hey mates wanna join me? Oh and fans... Wanna help me out? Please?" everyone:"YEEEEEEAHHHH!!" It feels good. Knowing how many megaman games capcom scrapped. (still mad about Maverick Hunter)

Old September 30th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachukid View Post
I've been a Megaman fan since ever I'm so pumped for this game, does anyone know if there's a release date or expected release date yet?
According to the kickstarter page:

Quote:
The game is currently slated for release for PC, Mac, and Linux sometime in 2015 and has both a single player and co-op mode!
So we still have a while to wait. Additional features brought on by the fundraiser might delay it a bit more since it'd require more work, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. ^^

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Less than 24 hours left, and the game has almost $3,200,000 in funding! Seriously, this is probably the must funded game on Kickstarter ever!

Old September 30th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

Good thing they've Wii U up there or else I wouldn't even consider without a second thought to buy it in 2015.
Still hoping for the 3DS/PS Vita versions in the next "stage". 18 hours left. I hope they can make it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here