The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:44 AM
TheBlindedAdventurer

I always seem to be able to to get the HP really low without making the Pokemon faint, then throw a Dusk Ball. Dusk Balls have a high catch rate when it's night time or you're in a dark place, like a cave, and they work AMAZINGLY well. Seriously, I'm pretty sure Dusk Balls even have a higher catch rate than Ultra Balls. When I finally gather my things together and go for the legendaries, I'm probably gonna wait until night time first.
"If these guys found out Josh was wired, was broadcasting sound and pictures somewhere, he'd be toast. There wouldn't even be enough left of him to be toast. He'd be something you could spread on toast." - Charlie West, Homelander Series
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:51 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlindedAdventurer View Post
I always seem to be able to to get the HP really low without making the Pokemon faint, then throw a Dusk Ball. Dusk Balls have a high catch rate when it's night time or you're in a dark place, like a cave, and they work AMAZINGLY well. Seriously, I'm pretty sure Dusk Balls even have a higher catch rate than Ultra Balls. When I finally gather my things together and go for the legendaries, I'm probably gonna wait until night time first.
From what i recall ultraballs have a 1.5% catch rate while duskballs have an 8% if it's dark.
then you figure in all the other numbers....
but yeah, dusks have a higher catch rate.
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Anonymous5

Lower H.P, throw a Pokeball, then rapid fire that 'A' button! Which probably has no effect besides making me look slightly challenged... but its a habit more than technique! (sometimes I change it up to the 'B' button, XD)
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
atomtanned

So funny to read about people holding down B when they catch Pokemon... I do that too! I remember being CONVINCED it worked because I read about it on a website when I was young... (probably one that had rumors about Pikablu and PokeGods on it)

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old September 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Weaken the Pokemon to the orange or red zone. If it's an easy to catch Pokemon, like the ones towards the beginning, I won't bother to give them a status ailment and just toss the Pokeball. Later on I weaken them to the orange or reds and then paralyze usually, before throwing an Ultra/Dusk Ball. :o

Old September 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

I try and paralyze the Pokemon, then use False Swipe to get it down to 1HP. I then lower the accuracy as much as possible so it has less chance of hitting me when I try to catch it.

I seem to do more than hold the B or A button. I hold both, as well as L and R. Funny, right?

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
I usually just chuck Ultra balls at it while holding the A or B button. I strategically try capturing it if it's a shiny Pokemon though.

Lost shinies: Arbok[RECLAIMED], Basculin (Red striped one)
Masuda method: Zorua - 185 eggs
1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Friend Safari: Rhydon
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
ShadowTrainer0151

Well, lowering the Pokémon's HP has worked well enough since Red and Blue. I haven't really needed to do anything else... except maybe put one to sleep once in a while.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
Throw ball.

Unless I save in front of the Pokemon, odds are the first attack will faint it, like it always does.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I use a move that doesn't do a lot of damage and depending on how low the HP goes, I either use a status inflicting move or I throw a ball that depends on the catch ratio of the Pokemon.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
I have a Bisharp with False Swipe, Mean Look, and Thunder Wave. I usually have 30+ of every type of ball and use what is most effective. I do carry 100+ Quick Balls and always start off with one of those.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:37 PM
FlamingRage
Can you feel my rage?

(I only use pokeballs and sometimes premier balls to catch my pokemon. It shows everyone who's boss when I send them out in battle.)

My technique in 7 easy steps:

1. buy 999 pokeballs.

2 (only used for legends). Save.

3. Use Samurott's Surf/waterfall to determine pokemon's stats.

4. If I don't like the stats, kill the weakling with fire (or soft reset for legend).

5. False swipe.

6. Use pokeball.

7. Rig waterbird desk toy to keep pushing A.
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Black Dynamite
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
I use a move that doesn't do a lot of damage and depending on how low the HP goes, I either use a status inflicting move or I throw a ball that depends on the catch ratio of the Pokemon.
pretty much this, i've never had a dificulty with this simple method. especially if you paralyze then use a duskball
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I remember having a Smeargle which knew False Swipe, Spore, Milk Drink and Spacial Rend. With some ultra balls it made catching pokémon a matter of waiting rather then skill. Nowadays I just usually lower the target down to read and start chucking some balls.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links