The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1376    
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
This is possible, but lets be honest all the clues lead on that he will most definitely be an Electric Gym Leader.



His design is very reminiscent with Electric Gym Leaders. He uses the color yellow in his clothes, his hair is blonde and that little strand of hair on the top of his head I think is in the shape of a lighting bolt. Lets not forget the fact that he uses some kind of electro mechanical arm and something that appears to be an antenna. There is nothing in his design that tells me he could be tied in with Fairy type.

The other type people where speculating him to be was Steel type, but with an Electric/Fairy type on his team that might not be the case.
He's likely Lumiose's gym leader. And out of the two types he looks more like an electric gym leader than a Fairy gym leader.
__________________
Stand for Life
Reply With Quote
  #1377    
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
XSky RiderX's Avatar
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Now that steel is out of the picture, I would be more than surprised if Clemont isn't an electric gym leader. Sure, Dedenne is part fairy, but does this guy look like someone who would use fairy-types? Let's be real here, from just the way his gym is set up, and the way he's wearing those mechanical arms, it's pretty obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #1378    
Old September 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
BeefTaco's Avatar
BeefTaco
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PR
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I'm really hoping we get a Fire-type Gym Leader this gen(as cool as Blaine I hope). We have 4 confirmed gym leaders right now: Bug, Fighting(probably), Electric(probably) and the last one is unknown. Id say the last one Grant is probably gonna be a Rock-type Gym Leader since he's a rock climber but he is describe to be good in a variety of sports so he could be Normal-type Gym Leader.

For the last 4 like I said, I want one of them to be Fire-type and a Fairy-type Gym Leader would be cool as well. I'm fine with any type on the last 2.
Reply With Quote
  #1379    
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
JayTheKing's Avatar
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fortree City
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
I'm really hoping we get a Fire-type Gym Leader this gen(as cool as Blaine I hope). We have 4 confirmed gym leaders right now: Bug, Fighting(probably), Electric(probably) and the last one is unknown. Id say the last one Grant is probably gonna be a Rock-type Gym Leader since he's a rock climber but he is describe to be good in a variety of sports so he could be Normal-type Gym Leader.

For the last 4 like I said, I want one of them to be Fire-type and a Fairy-type Gym Leader would be cool as well. I'm fine with any type on the last 2.
Korina is a Fighting type for sure since her Gym Badge is a fist!

It is really possible that we will have a Fire Gym Leader since we saw those fire pillars in the announcement trailer.
__________________


White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Reply With Quote
  #1380    
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Alpha King's Avatar
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA (MD)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
I don't know if anyone has seen this picture yet, but:



Magnezone is normally a genderless Pokemon, but in this picture Magnezone is a female. Could it be that Magnezone gains a gender? Or do you think it's just a mistake?

This is the first time I've seen it and I didn't see anyone else post it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1381    
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightyWillBill View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this picture yet, but:



Magnezone is normally a genderless Pokemon, but in this picture Magnezone is a female. Could it be that Magnezone gains a gender? Or do you think it's just a mistake?

This is the first time I've seen it and I didn't see anyone else post it.
Yeah I saw this pointed out on another Forum but I think it's just a small error, their main intention was to just show off the Pokébank feature.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1382    
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM
BeefTaco's Avatar
BeefTaco
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PR
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Korina is a Fighting type for sure since her Gym Badge is a fist!

It is really possible that we will have a Fire Gym Leader since we saw those fire pillars in the announcement trailer.
I think someone mentioned that it was a Team Flare base since the Team Flare symbol was seen.
Reply With Quote
  #1383    
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
I think someone mentioned that it was a Team Flare base since the Team Flare symbol was seen.
So is it possible that we could have another villainous gym leader like in Gen 1 Kanto and remakes!
__________________
Stand for Life
Reply With Quote
  #1384    
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Going back to Clemont for a second. If it isn't anymore obvious that he's an Electric type Gym Leader, just look at the little lightning bolt that his hair makes on the top of his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
So is it possible that we could have another villainous gym leader like in Gen 1 Kanto and remakes!
It's not impossible!
Reply With Quote
  #1385    
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:32 AM
BeefTaco's Avatar
BeefTaco
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PR
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
So is it possible that we could have another villainous gym leader like in Gen 1 Kanto and remakes!
It wouldn't be much of a plot twist now that we know who the 5 scientist of Team Flare are. Still this doesn't mean that any of these 5 scientist is the leader, it could play out that the man among the 5 scientist could act as the leader and the true leader of Team Flare could be a Fire-Type Gym leader in disguise, maybe even the last gym leader.
Reply With Quote
  #1386    
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:52 AM
hiff8's Avatar
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
I don't feel like they would just have a random gym leader rock the fairy type, it would either be the last gym leader who turns into a very important story element, or the champion.
__________________
My friend code for Y/3ds: 3222-6867-7895
Reply With Quote
  #1387    
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Yeah I saw this pointed out on another Forum but I think it's just a small error, their main intention was to just show off the Pokébank feature.
Idk after the type change with steel maybe they are getting rid of gender neutral sex. I mean everything has to be a boy or girl.
Reply With Quote
  #1388    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
Idk after the type change with steel maybe they are getting rid of gender neutral sex. I mean everything has to be a boy or girl.
However Magnezone is a robot. Though you're right they could've changed things...if they did get rid of neutral, and if it's for all Pokemon including legends they should make several legends have a set sex like Lati@s, and Cressilia. Kyogre female like the mythical Levithan, and Groudon male like the mythical Behemoth. Also Registeel and Regice should be female as they look feminine while Regirock and Regigigas should be male. Also Darkrai should be made male like he should've been as he's Cressilia's counterpart.
__________________
Stand for Life
Reply With Quote
  #1389    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
It really wouldn't make sense to start assigning things that never had a gender to begin with, some sort of gender. Why change that?
Reply With Quote
  #1390    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
Idk after the type change with steel maybe they are getting rid of gender neutral sex. I mean everything has to be a boy or girl.
That's not true. There are animals that assume both sexes, mostly aquatic beings, but still. Some amphibians and reptiles can change gender as well.

Genderless simply is a representation of creatures with no defined gender. Pokemon wise these are mainly the Pokemon that seem more artificial than anything. The Site may default a gender in the bank as there may not be an option for Genderless on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
However Magnezone is a robot. Though you're right they could've changed things...if they did get rid of neutral, and if it's for all Pokemon including legends they should make several legends have a set sex like Lati@s, and Cressilia. Kyogre female like the mythical Levithan, and Groudon male like the mythical Behemoth. Also Registeel and Regice should be female as they look feminine while Regirock and Regigigas should be male. Also Darkrai should be made male like he should've been as he's Cressilia's counterpart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It really wouldn't make sense to start assigning things that never had a gender to begin with, some sort of gender. Why change that?

Genderless still exists. I just rewatched the Demo and Mewtwo did not have any symbol by his name to indicate gender. So its most likely an error on GF and TPC's part.
Attached Images
File Type: png genderless.png‎ (1,002.5 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Reply With Quote
  #1391    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Idk there's a rumour that there will be a Fairy type Gym leader, and it's pretty obvious that there is going to be what with it being a new type to this generation. However there was a Gym that appeared to be an Electric-type Gym in Lumiouse City (The Eiffel Tower building) so I suppose that could support Clemont being an Electric-type leader..

__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1392    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It really wouldn't make sense to start assigning things that never had a gender to begin with, some sort of gender. Why change that?
People could of said that about gen one.
In terms of legendary pokemon , there are many of the same species so they kinda have to be able to breed right?

And in terms of not haveing genders I think it's kinda stupid to be gender less but to still be able to breed with something else am I right . And in terms of sense lets look at female machoke and Machamp
Now that's just stupid GF should of created a female counter part for that one .
Reply With Quote
  #1393    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:31 PM
BeefTaco's Avatar
BeefTaco
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PR
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
You can't take Pokemon too seriously some times, some of these pokemon are born with clothes, born with babies, Skitty <3 Wailord, etc..
Reply With Quote
  #1394    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
People could of said that about gen one.
In terms of legendary pokemon , there are many of the same species so they kinda have to be able to breed right?

And in terms of not haveing genders I think it's kinda stupid to be gender less but to still be able to breed with something else am I right . And in terms of sense lets look at female machoke and Machamp
Now that's just stupid GF should of created a female counter part for that one .
First off, part of your post doesn't even make sense. Namely your first sentence. oO; Anyway..

If you're trying to correlate this with the anime, then I think you're forgetting that games =/= anime. They're kind of like in two different universes, if that makes sense. Only one of a kind can exist in the games, I believe (I can very well be missing something but that's the general thing with legendary Pokemon).

I don't think it's "stupid" to be genderless in any case, but hey, one person's opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #1395    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:50 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
First off, part of your post doesn't even make sense. Namely your first sentence. oO; Anyway..

If you're trying to correlate this with the anime, then I think you're forgetting that games =/= anime. They're kind of like in two different universes, if that makes sense. Only one of a kind can exist in the games, I believe (I can very well be missing something but that's the general thing with legendary Pokemon).

I don't think it's "stupid" to be genderless in any case, but hey, one person's opinion.
Well I just assume that the mewtwo that we saw in gen 1 isn't the same we will catch in gen6
I assume the 3 shiny dog pokemon are diffrent than the one we get in game
I assume the heatran and cresscilia we get in gen 4 is different than the ones we get in gen 5
I assume the spirit trio from D/P are different than the ones we see in BW 2
I assume the regi trio we get in gen 3 are different than the ones we can get in gen 4 and in gen5
I assume the bird trio we get in gen 1 and 3 are different than the ones we get in gen 4 Platinum and the remakes
I assume the main legendary pokemon we get inR/S/E are not the same as the ones we get in HG/SS

But hey maybe the games don't correlate with other games so I can be wrong

Oh and since you couldn't understand the first sentence , it basicly ment the no pokemon had genders in generation 1. I understood why they changed it. So I figure since they are restructuring part of the mechanics this gen why not the genderless
Reply With Quote
  #1396    
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
BeefTaco's Avatar
BeefTaco
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PR
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I think we should discuss on the rumored names this leaker provided, given that he got a lot the names right the remaining may be legit.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.


I know we can't do much with just names but its something to talk about.
Reply With Quote
  #1397    
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
I think we should discuss on the rumored names this leaker provided, given that he got a lot the names right the remaining may be legit.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.


I know we can't do much with just names but its something to talk about.
Wasn't the leaker this gen pretty acurate ?
Reply With Quote
  #1398    
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
Well I just assume that the mewtwo that we saw in gen 1 isn't the same we will catch in gen6
I assume the 3 shiny dog pokemon are diffrent than the one we get in game
I assume the heatran and cresscilia we get in gen 4 is different than the ones we get in gen 5
I assume the spirit trio from D/P are different than the ones we see in BW 2
I assume the regi trio we get in gen 3 are different than the ones we can get in gen 4 and in gen5
I assume the bird trio we get in gen 1 and 3 are different than the ones we get in gen 4 Platinum and the remakes
I assume the main legendary pokemon we get inR/S/E are not the same as the ones we get in HG/SS

But hey maybe the games don't correlate with other games so I can be wrong

Oh and since you couldn't understand the first sentence , it basicly ment the no pokemon had genders in generation 1. I understood why they changed it. So I figure since they are restructuring part of the mechanics this gen why not the genderless
Okay, so answer this: why can't there be more than one without them actually reproducing? Why is it, according to you, that everything has to breed? You can only catch the Regi trio once in R/S/E. Same with HG/SS. You can catch Kyogre and Groudon once in R/S/E. Same thing in HG/SS. It's a one of a kind deal in one game, but there can be multiple Pokemon. It could possibly be sorcery for all we know, but that's the way that GF intended it, so we have to deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #1399    
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Okay, so answer this: why can't there be more than one without them actually reproducing? Why is it, according to you, that everything has to breed? You can only catch the Regi trio once in R/S/E. Same with HG/SS. You can catch Kyogre and Groudon once in R/S/E. Same thing in HG/SS. It's a one of a kind deal in one game, but there can be multiple Pokemon. It could possibly be sorcery for all we know, but that's the way that GF intended it, so we have to deal with it.
Ok so it can be sorcery
Or it can be the more logical breeding which every other pokemon can do except the legendaries. Lol

The only reason there is one is because they would become less rare and not to give you a huge advantage. Kinda like not to have a tema of 6 lugia going against the elite four .

But sure your answer of sorcery makes much more sense lol Jk
Reply With Quote
  #1400    
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I assume the mascots of gen's 3-5 (possibly gen 6's too) are one of a kind, oh and Arceus (Arceus has been shown to create the creation trio so they likely don't breed.)
It's beleived the Kyogre from Fiore is the one from Hoenn after Emerald so I like to assume it (and Groudon, and Rayquaza) move around.
Lugia and the birds likely aren't as it appears they have nests. Entei neither as it's dex entry implies one is born when a volcano errupts.
And Heatran proably isn't either nor Lati@s as they have genders.
__________________
Stand for Life
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.