Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Dragon

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Have you guys ever Rented a Video game before, maybe from a video store, or otherwise? What were some of the titles that you remember renting out, and how did it go?

テイルズオブイノセンス • Video Games • Welcome Lounge • pair • twin
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
ShadowE
Got a whole lot of love
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I rented some video games from friends and they did the same to me, just to try out a game they bought to see if i like it too. The title i rented out was FIFA 11, i didnt played it often and someone else wanted to play it badly so i rented to to him. I rented myself games like Far Cry 2 and Midnight Club: LA.
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Rentals seem like a thing of the past for me. Almost all of the rental stores (namely Blockbuster) have been closed and been replaced with Redbox, who's gaming selection is terrible. Tried the online thing for awhile, but eh, waiting wasn't my thing. Now it's pretty much, if it interests me, buy it.
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
New Eden
Ascension to heaven
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I don't really rent anymore. Largely because of my shift into PC gaming. Plus Redbox generally only carries the major releases, and nothing that can be deemed obscure, at least the ones where I live.

Old September 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Only was a couple of rental shops near my area though, and one of the shops prices were high. So really, I only had one place to choose from.

The shop didn't have any newer games, just older ones - nes, snes, some 64's, some genesis. All I had back then was a nes, so thats all I rented. Out of the 30 or so for rental, only a few of them interested me. Thankfully the shop had a lot of movies to choose from.

The shop ended up going out of business. Sad, but not suprising. The only games up for rental were ones for older systems, that no one had anymore, and the majority of the movies were vhs, which no one used anymore. It closed down in... 05 I think. The owner sold off most of the stock, although someone else had already bought the few nes games that I liked.
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
Old September 12th, 2013, 06:27 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Back when Blockbuster was still a big deal, I remember getting a Harry Potter game for the xBox. I think it was Chamber of Secrets? Anyway, I got really frustrated with this one part of the game and returned it. :\

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

In the US, we have an online rental store called GameFly. They deliver games to your house after two to three days of ordering them, which is quite fast. Sometimes, you won't receive a game due to shipment issues, but they will send you a replacement as soon as you report it to them. They have a great selection of games, and it requires you less than twenty dollars a month to stay subscribed to them. If you like a game that you borrowed, then you can actually keep it by paying them some additional fees. Usually, it costs you around sixty dollars to purchase a new game, but with that amount of money, you'll be able to stay subscribed to them for three straight months and play as much games as you like!

I've given their service a try for an entire month last year, and it was a great experience. (:
for all distractions.
Old September 13th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Airhead
Banned

Yup, Moshi Monsters for DS. It was really fun collecting them, plus I couldn't get enough of those little canines! :3 They are sooooo adorable!
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I've never rented a game. Usually videos on YouTube are enough to make me decide if it's worth purchasing the game entirely or not, so I try to avoid renting as I'd prefer to have my own copy.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Back when I got my GameCube at the now-gone GameCrazy, it came with a free year of game rentals, limited to 2 games a month. Best believe I used them all. xD

And if it wasn't for that, I may not have bought the games I currently have now.

There's also GameFly, which I'm seriously considering using, especially since you can keep the game as long as you want, and can just buy it if you want to keep it forever.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here