The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:44 AM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
My first shiny was a Staravia, in Pearl. I have since lost the cartridge :-(

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
Sonatron
Face of Rubber

Nature: Quiet
Guys guys guys! I already commented here saying that I haven't ever had a shiny, but as of yesterday that's no longer true! I used the Masuda method and got a shiny Squirtle after 60 eggs :D I called him Olive :D I'm so happy!

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:17 AM
Bestwaffles

The first shiny I ever saw was in Pokemon Fire Red, it was a Nidoran in the Safari Zone. I had no idea what it was and didn't catch it...It's horrible to think about that now. The first one I caught (with the exception of the red Gyarados)was...of all things, a Zigzagoon in Pokemon Emerald. Still, a shiny is a shiny.

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
My first shiny was an Exeggcute caught in Fire Red, in the safari zone. I remember thinking it would it flee and freaking out.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Destiny
All the lights in the sky...

Nature: Lonely
That moment when everyone is talking about their shinies and you've never had a real one :'(
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
LardassEd

I've never caught a shiny i've been playing black 2 for 139 hours and still nothing. Recently i found out about pokecreator and hacked my own shiny metagross with pokerus, perfect iv's and impossible moves. But i quickly felt alot of guilt and felt the effects of having a non-legit pokemon, so i released it and deleted the app from my phone. I never hacked pokemon since.

Anyhow, i'm still hoping for one day getting a shiny, i'm sure it will feel really nice.
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
ps3smileyface

i got a shiny legendary today! it was free at gamestop lol
Old September 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Beside shiny gyarados - I never ever saw a shiny in any of the original roms But than on the other hand I found a lot of shinies playing various hacks :3

I found: Shiny buizel - Rising Dark
Shiny weedle, claydol and buneary - Victory fire
Shiny blitzle - Flora sky (This was the last one that I found like 2 days ago or so)
Shiny roselia - In Fire Red Backwards

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Arise

Nature: Timid
I encountered my first shiny (I'm not counting the Gyarados in HGSS) while training in Victory Road on Pokemon Black - a Woobat. Never had I thought I would ever come across a shiny, and I had just gotten out of a long break from Pokemon, so it was a really welcome surprise. I was worried I wouldn't catch it since I didn't have any Pokemon on me that could damage it without KOing it, and I was pretty low on Pokeballs, but luck was with me, and I got it after maybe four attempts.

My second encounter was in the Safari Zone in SoulSilver - a Cacturne. It was pretty evil too, I ended up throwing six Safari Balls at it before it decided it was done taunting me and ran off. :x I wasn't as devastated as I thought I'd be though, probably because I don't like Cacturne anyhow.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:40 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
If I won't count the shiny Gyrados from pokemon gold than it would be the Golbat that caught in pokemon Emerled.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
My 2nd but 1st shiny that I have encountered and caught was my shiny Staravia which is now a level 60 staraptor and on my black 2 version. I caught it in platinum and with a quick ball (on the first turn obviously) I was happy that I caught my first shiny (excluding gyarados in HG/SS). My first shiny I encountered was a shiny geodude in firered, it ran away hence why it wasn't my first shiny caught but encountered.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Sven

I've never seen one. :/
But when when I do, I'll let you know :D
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

A Bidoof in Platinum. Boring, I know.

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
I always make a point that others are luckier than I, koff~

My first shiny Pokemon (Red Gyrados does not count) was a Zubat in Pokemon Silver! Wait, it gets better. In the Third Generation in Pokemon Emerald? Zubat. Pokemon Leaf Green? Zubat. Fourth generation? In Pokemon Pearl: Zubat, in Pokemon Soul Silver? You guessed it: zubat.

I've encountered so many of the things that I don't even bother to catch them anymore. I am not even joking about this. The odds of this are slim, I know, but I'm not kidding. It's absurd, I know. My first shiny that was not a Zubat was a ponyta and in the fifth generation it was a Duosion. If zubat was in the wild in Pokemon White, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have ran into another shiny zubat, koffi~
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Victreebel's Bro
Trusty Sword

Nature: Quiet
None just yet but I'm vigorously looking for one (a legitimate one at least)

POKÉMON X FC: 0146-9095-5226
Friend Safari (Bug): Butterfree, Volbeat and Vivillon
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Headphonix

My first shiny was Electrike... On my friend game. So many years after that, my own first shiny was Azurill in Black and White 2, i'm an unlucky person.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Sliter
Gaijin Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
Red gyarandos on my first fake crystal for gbc, and was the only one >w>
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
My first shiny was in emerald, it was a charmander that i found forgot how but i rember how happy i was when my brother told me it was a shinny and really rare, At the time had alot of tpyes of pokeballs so i tried everyone and i finally got it with a nest ball, I named it Smoke.
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:28 AM
SoundDesperado

Red Gyarados

Excluding that, I caught a Shiny Azumarill in a Master Ball that I had been saving for just such an occasion. I was really happy when I saw it because I knew there was no chance of it escaping

I have also traded for two seemingly legitimate ones; a Japanese Shiny Metagross and a Shiny Jellicent.
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
WhiteKnightL

First Shiny was at the beginning of my adventure in Soul Silver, and bumped into a Shiny Weedle. Competitively it's not the best Pokemon family but I always loved them.

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM
devon1
firephoenix507

The fist shiny I ever found was a shiny zubat in Fire Red. At the time I found it, I was 5 and a noob. I didn't think it was very important so I killed it. I think back to that day and become sad because I didn't catch it :'(. That was my first shiny.
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM
CalienteFire

My first shiny was a shiny Goldeen on Leaf Green's Safari Zone. I managed to catch it in the Safari ball, they really aren't that hard to catch in the Safari Zone. It's kind of ironic how a Goldeen is really pink, and this one I found was actually gold. xD Anyway, I named him Goldfins and evolved him to a Seaking, then all the way up to around lvl. 70. :D

✰ Goldfins ✰
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
GatchamanPhoenix

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to GatchamanPhoenix
Excluding the shiny Gyarados in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, my first shiny was a Tentacool.
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM
oshawottlover13

my first ever shiny was a shiny surskit from diamond or platinum dont reallt remeber but its evolved and sitting in my pc because its really weak as a level 100 pokemon

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:31 PM
wertcraft

my starter in my first pokemon game (diamond), and i thought it was broken so i reset the game.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here