The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM
reniersnyder
The Glaceon Girl

Nature: Naughty
Were can I find decent Pokemon Trainer sprites that have a white background? I can't find a May sprite like that. Any help. I can't get on deviantart.
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Quote:
Originally Posted by reniersnyder View Post
Were can I find decent Pokemon Trainer sprites that have a white background? I can't find a May sprite like that. Any help. I can't get on deviantart.
There are many sites out there that offer decent-looking trainer sprites, such as PokéCheck and PokéStadium. Maybe you could try one of those? =)
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Check out the Pixel Art section or an art shop. Someone might be able to make you one there. In the future, please know that this help thread is for games, not finding sprites.
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:32 AM
ivlegitvi

hi guys im looking to buy pokemon platinum for under £15 on ebay and i see alot of fakes and was wondering if you could help me pick out a real one.
im not sure if this is the correct place to post this
www .ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-PLATINUM-VERSION-POKEMON-PEARL-VERSION-DS-GAME-CARD-ONLY-GOOD-CONDITION-/251325195751?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a842625e7
the link i have posted is one i have found and i need some opinions
Old August 30th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivlegitvi View Post
hi guys im looking to buy pokemon platinum for under £15 on ebay and i see alot of fakes and was wondering if you could help me pick out a real one.
im not sure if this is the correct place to post this
www .ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-PLATINUM-VERSION-POKEMON-PEARL-VERSION-DS-GAME-CARD-ONLY-GOOD-CONDITION-/251325195751?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a842625e7
the link i have posted is one i have found and i need some opinions
I have a strong hunch that these games are fake. I'll give you a some reasons why...

First of all, it's the cartridge only, in plastic cases.
The stickers on the cartridge don't match my legit games.
There are multiple available from the same seller!
The Nintendo seal is on the wrong side, it should be on the left side.
I don't think any cartridges have the 'E' rating on them.
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:36 AM
TheBlindedAdventurer

My friend has a Volcarona, which is incredibly OP as it has high Special Attack, Special Defence and Speed! My team consists of Ampharos, Emboar, Lilligant, Lucario, Weavile and Gliscor. Is there anything I can do to counter this monster without my Pokemon getting massacred? It has Heat Wave, Psychic, Bug Buzz and Hurricane. Any suggestions? And yes, it's faster than Lilligant, so Sleep Powder won't work.
Also, what moveset do you think I should give to my Gliscor, considering its Sand Veil ability? I caught and evolved it very recently and really want to make use of it.
"If these guys found out Josh was wired, was broadcasting sound and pictures somewhere, he'd be toast. There wouldn't even be enough left of him to be toast. He'd be something you could spread on toast." - Charlie West, Homelander Series
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
BloodFrostX
I miss permaweather.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to BloodFrostX
Hmmm... Stealth Rock seems like a viable solution! Unless it's the lead. Then Rock Slide would your best bet.
Old September 7th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Drunken Shinobi

so i just ordered my first 3ds and pokemon y from usa, and i got a friend who ordered it here is israel.
my question is, first, what is "region lock", will it affect in anyway my gameplay if it's by trade, pvp, party (heard it's a new feature in the x&y, got anymore info on it?) rather worldwide or five feet away from the other person?
Old September 7th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Region lock basically prevents you from playing say a NA cart on a Japanese 3DS, for example. It doesn't mess with the other stuff like wifi and whatnot. Donno about this "party" but few does since the game isn't out yet.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:48 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
if oyu ordered a 3ds from the usa you'll have to get usa games.
because your 3ds will be region locked to the usa.
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Hi guys, yesterday I got Pokemon yellow (finally, sigh). And I planning to stick to it for a while, however, I'm not sure what to play afterwards!
I am planning to play all generations from the beginning. I am afraid that if I go though Kanto now, and then Kanto and Johto in Crystal, Soul Silver will feel boring and repetitive and I won't be able to enjoy it, not the story or graphics. Since I would already know everything that's going to happen. (Or at least most of it). So should I skip the Crystal?
My playing order was supposed to be:
Yellow-Crystal-FireRed-Emerald-SoulSilver-Platinum-White-White2-X

But now I am not sure whether I should skip the Crystal(And maybe firered(?)) and just return to them (much) later when nostalgia kicks in?

To sum up:, should I play firered after yellow, and then emerald and soulsilver, or should I just skip it all and play yellow, then emerald, and then soulsilver?

If you guys played all of these games and you can suggest a playing order, feel free to! :D
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
I suggest you to go with the order of playing that you have stated in your post:

Yellow -> Crystal -> FireRed -> Emerald -> SoulSilver -> Platinum -> White -> White2 -> X

Crystal and SoulSilver, although having similar storylines, are vastly different from each other! The both of them are almost like two different games. Skipping Crystal means skipping an entire generation and I wouldn't recommend that if you want to have a full Pokemon experience from start to end. The same goes to FireRed. It's up to you to decide though! Just remember to enjoy yourself! All the best in your Pokemon adventures. :D

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I suggest you to go with the order of playing that you have stated in your post:

Yellow -> Crystal -> FireRed -> Emerald -> SoulSilver -> Platinum -> White -> White2 -> X

Crystal and SoulSilver, although having similar storylines, are vastly different from each other! The both of them are almost like two different games. Skipping Crystal means skipping an entire generation and I wouldn't recommend that if you want to have a full Pokemon experience from start to end. The same goes to FireRed. It's up to you to decide though! Just remember to enjoy yourself! All the best in your Pokemon adventures. :D
Hmm are you sure? I mean, by the time I start SoulSilver I will pass through the whole Johto once, and through the whole Kanto THREE times. Wouldn't that ruin...something? Either that "Surprise" factor since you will know everything, or even the "adventurous" feel? Idk, Im just guesssing what might happen so I might be over analyzing xD
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
Yup, I'm sure. c: I've played both Crystal and SoulSilver and I can honestly say that the both of them have very different feelings. Even though you may be traveling through the whole region three times, you'll experience many different things you won't be able to experience in just one game. The 'Surprise factor' will definitely be present, and all you have to do is to find out that factor and be pleasantly surprised. But as I've said before, it's entirely up to you! This is just my personal recommendation. :3

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Sven

Ok thanks! :D

If anyone else has any advice, let me know
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:49 AM
mrpikachu2013

My son is asking me to get him an instruction book for playing Pokemon card game? Are they many type of cards game? What is the official one that they have the tournament every year? If there were many games, what is the easiest for beginners to learn? Thank you in advance.
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

This question thread is actually for the Pokemon video games, I'm afraid. You can however ask in the Pokemon TCG section of the forum! :) Right here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Lyberty

Nature: Calm
Will a Ditto from my Japanese copy of Soul Silver work for the Masuda Method if I trade it over to my copy of Black or Black 2? The game itself is from Japan but it's played on my US DS/3DS. I've heard that it can be any foreign pokémon but I haven't had much luck in finding out if different generations count or not since the odds have changes with gen 5.

So far I've figured out that I can't actually transfer pokémon from my Japanese game to my US Black 1 or 2 so I trade them to any of my US gen 4 games and then it works fine. The whole process gets tedious so I want to make sure it works before I go Ditto hunting to have a Japanese Ditto army.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

Nature: Jolly
Alright, so I use Desmume 0.99 for an emulator. I can not access my Start menu or anything in Volt White. Do I need a different emulator? Or is there a different way to access it then start?

Old September 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Quote:
Will a Ditto from my Japanese copy of Soul Silver work for the Masuda Method if I trade it over to my copy of Black or Black 2? The game itself is from Japan but it's played on my US DS/3DS. I've heard that it can be any foreign pokémon but I haven't had much luck in finding out if different generations count or not since the odds have changes with gen 5.

So far I've figured out that I can't actually transfer pokémon from my Japanese game to my US Black 1 or 2 so I trade them to any of my US gen 4 games and then it works fine. The whole process gets tedious so I want to make sure it works before I go Ditto hunting to have a Japanese Ditto army.
Yes, as long as the Ditto is Japanese in an English game, it's still considered foreign. You could perhaps try having someone in Trade Corner help you get that transferred over, since you can't transfer from a Japanese game to an English one. Check out the Quick Trade Thread, and I'm certain someone would be willing to help you out.

Quote:
Alright, so I use Desmume 0.99 for an emulator. I can not access my Start menu or anything in Volt White. Do I need a different emulator? Or is there a different way to access it then start?
Check out Emulation's Q&A thread.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Sven

I need help guys.
You know the Ditto glitch, right? You enter the battle with someone then press enter etc. Basically, glitch to get any Pokemon you want.

I got stuck however.
First I went to battle the trainer that's a bit north from the island.
I have an Abra with stats 21. So I go into Mansion and find the ditto, he transforms into Abra, I beat him, and get out. Now I go north, and the color changes from gray to green right before I touch the water, so I assume I entered the area where that trainer is (?), but nothing happens! And since I can't enter water, I am just stuck there. I cant talk to anyone, I cant fight anyone. What do I do?
Is there something I can do?
Where can I find Pokemon that has bigger chance of having special stats 21?

MOD, please don't put this into quick questions. Let it be a topic, and when someone helps me, you can delete the topic....after I see the answer, ofc xD
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Quote:
MOD, please don't put this into quick questions. Let it be a topic, and when someone helps me, you can delete the topic....after I see the answer, ofc xD
Afraid that's not how it works. :/ Off to Q&A thread it goes. Sorry. Although, it would be beneficial if you asked this in the Q&A thread it goes in. Right now, I don't know what game you're referring to. My only guess is RBY since you said special stat. So...you might be better off asking in the glitch discussion thread and/or the Metal/Color Q&A thread.
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Sven

aw cmon :/

I am talking about Pokemon Yellow.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

Why didn't the 150 Pokemon trend continue to Gen 2 3 and 4? it just settled to a bit over 100. I wish was they added an exta new 50 to each gen.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictwinkie View Post
quick question:

Why didn't the 150 Pokemon trend continue to Gen 2 3 and 4? it just settled to a bit over 100. I wish was they added an exta new 50 to each gen.
While there is no official answer for your question, the following answers might be able help you:
  • Memory capacity, adding a Pokemon means adding pile of data, moveset, stats and more;
  • Out of ideas, maybe their limit reached there and couldn't create anymore, so they have to stop there;
  • Unreleased and/or Out of place, there's a rumor that Shellos was going to be in RS, but couldn't make it there. Maybe the GF crew thought that Shellos does not fit in the Hoenn region.

Hope that helps a bit!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links