The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Dragon
infinite

Nature: Modest

Alright, so, the main purpose of this thread is to talk about all things Capcom related. And yes, this includes all games like Megaman, Street fighter, etc, etc. So, what are some of the Capcom-related video games that you remember playing, and which Capcom-branded games are your favourite? In addition, what do you think of Capcom as a video-game company? What do you think they should do to appeal to the video game players everywhere?

Again, feel free to talk about all Capcom-related things hereeeee.
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave

~Megaman~

Let's talk about how CAPCOM has given Megaman the cold shoulder, gee remember CAPCOM Megaman was the one who made YOU! yeah street fighter but I can get the same experience from Tekken or Mortal Kombat.

I think Megaman needs some love and I am super psyched for SSBUniverse with the original Megaman not Megam.exe or Megaman X or Zero.

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Dragon
infinite

I'm glad that they gave the original Megaman a chance in SSBB4 too. Although, I'm really sad that they didn't add him Marvel vs Capcom 3. Sigh. I really miss the Battle Network series - which was pretty much my favourite style of the Megaman games, along side the original, of course.

Did anyone play Megaman Star Force? I.. didn't get into it. xD
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I didn't play Star Force but I played all the series of MegaMan Zero. So great and fun!

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old September 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I loved the Battle Network series. I know that these games didn't sell as much as they had hoped, but that wasn't a good enough reason to cancel the series entirely, in my opinion. They should've kept it around for a little longer and allowed its fan-base to grow.

I've played Star Force before. I've played Megaman Star Force: Dragon and Megaman Star Force 2 : Zerker x Ninja. They were all right, but could get a little boring if you play them for more than an hour. I was planning to play Star Force 3, but I never really got around to it. xD

Last edited by Endless; September 13th, 2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Dragon
infinite

Hm, has anyone played any of the Marvel vs Capcom games? I played Mv3.. alot, but I miss playing MvC2, because oh man, so many characters~
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
I own Mv3. It's the only one I've played extensively. The only character I'm good with is Amaterasu, and that's because a lot of attacks will go right over her when she crouches. I'm not great with fighting games in general.

As for forgotten Capcom series, I love Breath of Fire and hope it will make a comeback someday. I loved the creativity in character designs there, as well as the stories. BoF had heavy religious themes, especially notable in a time period where Nintendo of America censored most of that out of games while translating them. I found it to be a very moving series with great gameplay if you like turn-based RPGS. I'm not going to say much about Dragon Quarter because..... yeah.....

Gym Leader Korrina
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:31 PM
«Chuckles»

I have not played the MvC games but I have played every Megaman title to date excluding games where he has been a cameo or playable character like what I mean is games inside the Megaman Universe

Old September 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Dragon
infinite

Hm, how abouuuut.. Street Fighter?

Are you guys familiar with Street Fighter? Played any of the games?
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
«Chuckles»

Played about all of them, my favorite character is Akuma, mainly because he reminds me of a Dragon Ball z and he looks so cool

Old September 13th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Two words: Monster Hunter.

A Gen 3 remake de-make, featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I've played tons of Street Fighter games. Street Fighter II would have to be my favorite. It wasn't too good graphically by today's standards, but it did give me a lot of fun memories. My favorite character would have to be Bison, because I found him to be the most powerful. Chun-Li would have to be my second favorite character. She's extremely fast, which always makes her gain the upper hand. :)
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I played Street Fighter a lot back in the day. Found them really fun. I really liked Bison, he was really strong.

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old September 13th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I only really like Monster Hunter of the franchises they make. They have awful business practices so I try and avoid any Capcom games when I can if they aren't monster hunter.

They have attempted to fix themselves, but after a Shaky 2012, thing's aren't looking good for them, which is a shame considering they make one of my favourite franchises and they have such a good legacy.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:59 PM
«Chuckles»

I absolutely Love monster hunter, it is just so fantastic the diversity in animals and the over the top weapons <3 I love Munster Honter

Old September 17th, 2013, 02:27 AM
«Chuckles»

Next topic since this place should never die!

Anyone Play Breath of Fire? I have played them all and cannot wait for number 6 to come out on PC and Android how cool?!

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Darkroman

Nature: Adamant
I haven't played Breath of Fire. Heck, I haven't even heard of it.. I should check it out. Also, Monster Hunter... I heard that's a great game.

OBJECTION!!!

I can't believe no one has said anything about Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckleslucifer View Post
yeah street fighter but I can get the same experience from Tekken or Mortal Kombat.
No you can not.

Street Fighter II was revolutionary. It shaped the fighting genre as we know it today and was the basis for tournaments. You can't even get the same experience in another Street Fighter game because they're all so vastly different mechanically and generally, let alone a Tekken game.

It's like saying that I can get the same Mega Man experience from Metroid. See how that dumb that sounds?
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
«Chuckles»

Well Pheonix Wright games are lovely I like playing a lawyer and reading about crimes it will be a series that cannot die because it's about being a LAWYER for Christ's sake.

I love all PW:AA games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
No you can not.

Street Fighter II was revolutionary. It shaped the fighting genre as we know it today and was the basis for tournaments. You can't even get the same experience in another Street Fighter game because they're all so vastly different mechanically and generally, let alone a Tekken game.

It's like saying that I can get the same Mega Man experience from Metroid. See how that dumb that sounds?
Okay I wrote that down wrong, I can have as much fun playing as diverse characters from the other main Fighting series.

Plus if Nintendo buys Megaman I am not certain but think that there will be a few either crossovers or games that feature them as the main protagonists like going onto a spaceship and you can switch between them like.

The game would play out like Metroid Fusion with those floating bubbles when your playing as Megaman so you can recharge your suits, you earn suits from the bosses obviously. You can switch character at anytime. Samas would play like how she does in every game "Oh noes I lost my stuff let's get some better stuff on the way and find out whats going on" etc. etc.

Old September 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
Also, Monster Hunter... I heard that's a great game
You would either love the series to death, or completely hate it. There's really no middle ground. The games are almost entirely composed of 'boss fights,' are considered by many to be fairly difficult, and have a good bit of grinding. Right up my alley, but I can appreciate it's not for everyone.

A Gen 3 remake de-make, featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:22 AM
«Chuckles»

I find monster Hunter Freedom 2 very difficult on the PSP but I really love Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii I felt it made good use of the Wii's hardware and utilized the Wii remote and the nun-chuck in a great fashion and I didn't have to swing my arms around aimlessly I could just press a button but where is the fun in that I felt the customization was awesome so I could become what ever I wanted to be and the utilization of the Wii remote and nun-chuck really put me into the shoes of the Hunter, I can never find a flaw with the Monster Hunter series i especially liked the Manga made by Hiro Mashima (fairy tail) and it was well done with a lot of facts and weapons/armor from the games.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links