The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old September 13th, 2013 (04:25 PM).
KoolKat vs. Lucas
KoolKat Gold

Who is your favorite Gym Leader and why? Also, which design of them (because GSC and B2W2 redesigned Gym Leaders (BW2 only Elesa) do you like more if they are your favorite?
My favorite Gym Leaders are as follows:

Misty
Falkner
Winona
Volkner
Skyla (BW)
Elesa (B2W2)
Old September 14th, 2013 (01:12 AM).
Airhead
Merry Christmas because I DON'T KNOW

Nature: Brave
Here is my list:

Roxie,

Skyla,

Elesa,

Lenora.

They're female empowerment, I can't help myself. xD
Old September 14th, 2013 (01:51 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz
Realease the Toxin- WUB WUB WUB

Nature: Calm
Draiden. He is so ****ing awsome it hurts.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 5th, 2013 (11:56 PM).
Random Man2
Unlimited Greatness

Nature: Adamant
Mine is Giovanni, due to his cool Pokémon and identity.
Old October 6th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
That would be Skyla, Volkner, Elesa & Steven (Emerald)
I just like there outfit and Team. It suits themselves. But between all of them. I like Steven better.
Old October 6th, 2013 (01:54 AM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I thin my favorite gym leader of all time would be Morty. I always found his gym to be so interesting and I remember the troubles of navigating through it in GSC. He just seems like a really cool leader that uses a nice selection of Pokemon and gives a really good TM as an award.

"By force of will!"
Old October 6th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
Clemstar

Skyla But in all seriousness, I always liked Lt Surge for some reason
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
My favourite leaders include Blue, Volkner and Drayden.
I found it interesting that Blue became a gym leader instead of continuing his travels in-game, he also was a challenge to beat with his diverse Pokemon.
Volkner was also fun to battle, especially with that random Octillery!
Drayden's design is awesome, that beard! haha, he looks menacing.
Old October 6th, 2013 (05:13 PM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Clay, because of his notable wild-west accent, which is what makes him different compared to other gym-leaders.

"Well, that sounds real nice, if it's true. I may not talk purty, but at least I'm an honest man. You talk real nice, but what yer sayin' kinda sounds like lyin'. So tell me plain, what are ya tryin' to say?"
Old October 9th, 2013 (08:44 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I like Koga the best as we are both ninjas and ninjas are awesome
Old October 9th, 2013 (05:17 PM).
Elincia
Arisa Gracia: Protagonist

I liked Sabrina's design prior to Gen IV, afterwards I just didn't think she was as mysterious. Umm, but even though Erika is extremely weak, I'd say she's my favourite gym leader.

A Pokemon Story: Coming Soon?
Old October 11th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

My favorite gym leader would have to be Wallace from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. I love how cool he keeps himself, and the way that he handles his Pokémon is extremely smart. He has the ability to motivate any of his Pokémon to give it their all and pull out a victory. Thanks to that, he was able to have me defeated six to seven times in a row when I had challenged him for gym battles. The toughest Pokémon for me to take down was his Milotic. It was able to taken down quite a lot of my Pokémon with Ice Beam and Twister, and whenever I managed to damage it, it was able to restore its health with Recover. His Wiscash was also pretty tough, since it was able to land powerful Earthquake attacks. My favorite Wallace design would have to be the one from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2--I just loved the pose that he was making, because it made him look quite epic. (:
Old October 11th, 2013 (07:47 PM).
gabriel_wt

Nature: Bold
Wallace and Crasher Wake. Wallace seemed like a nice guy and a great trainer and Crasher Wake had the most badass name ever.
Old October 11th, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Calamitastrophe
He's really feeling it

Nature: Lax
Morty, Sabrina (HG/SS, it's just plain cooler to me than her old clothes), Drayden (Because of that epic beard. Seriously, growing something like that takes skill.), and Elesa (any version).
Old October 11th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
Donovan Baine

Nature: Hasty
Maybe it is due to the Anime but I would say I really like Brock, Cilan and Norman. For some reason My personality seems to match with how mine is.

Another Gym Leader I would also say I like is Sabrina as well. She has that Mystic thing going on about her.
Old October 11th, 2013 (11:31 PM).
Banz

My favourites would be Misty, Blue, Morty, Sabrina in that order.
Old October 12th, 2013 (01:26 AM).
Palmer-Granate

Nature: Relaxed
I've got respect for Cray for having such an idealistically heroic background, which compels him to confront Plasma various times, but he's at the lowest tier.

Faulkner is quite formidable w/ Mudshot, the accuracy-lowering technique, making him famous for just that. Never disrespect anyone who can throw your strategy in a serious state. Sabrina has her moments, just a tad of a fascination with psychic/energy-type power.

Speaking of energy, Misty is effective at being an energy fighter w/ Bubblebeam + Recover. She has a strong role in the anime as well, so, as a fan of the early seasons, I'll let her occupy the top of my favs.

Guess who outlined himself as a key player, for he has a strong affinity w/ his pokemon, Vulpix in particular. Those who have seen the early episodes will understand, perhaps. He also has an honour-type parsonality, and strong affection, especially for the Joys/Jennys. As the character who has the most dimension and substance, along with his awesomely-strong team, Brock owns the top spot.
Old October 12th, 2013 (01:04 PM).
ShinyAriados

Nature: Lax
Lt. Surge because he is possibly the coolest guy ever

Koga and Janine for obvious reasons (They're ninjas)

Blue because he's already one of my favorite characters so why not

Drayden because of that awesome beard

Crasher Wake for also obvious reasons
Old October 19th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Borngamer

Nature: Relaxed
Flannery, 'nuff said

(Though Sabrina comes in at a close second)
Old October 19th, 2013 (08:10 PM).
AaryanTheWarrior
Just like Warrior

Nature: Lonely
Misty because he is cool and awesome
Old October 19th, 2013 (08:35 PM). Edited October 19th, 2013 by RoreyG.
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Giovanni (FR/LG)
Blaine (HG/SS)

From playing the original Red version, I still think that Giovanni's reveal as the mysterious Viridian City Gym Leader was one of the most effective twists the franchise ever had. The lore and myths surrounding Giovanni are probably the most intriguing of any other character in Pokemon, even more than N. Also, the fact that he's a mob boss makes him even cooler than he already is.

Blaine is so mysterious, cool, intriguing and, most of all, has a pimpin' clothes (HG/SS).

Old October 20th, 2013 (09:27 AM).
pokemon-hack

giovanni
falkner
volkner
misty

least fav. whitney (because of her stupid milktank, that kept defeating me over and over again)
Old November 17th, 2013 (01:03 AM).
Fitzsy
I love me except when I don't

Nature: Jolly
I like the Viridian Gym Leaders, Giovanni and Blue both, by virtue of their plot significance. There's much more... There's a better sense of climax and accomplishment when the last challenge before the Pokémon League itself is either a final showdown with the cruel leader of the organization that's been exploiting innocent Pokémon, or a reminiscent kind of encounter with the final boss of the previous game. I especially like how much more mature Blue is after the time skip, it seems to make him a better Trainer overall! The same could be said of Cheren. I'm also partial to Gardenia, but I don't know why!

Generation V and Generation VI have had the best stories and characterizations yet, and the Gym Leaders truly benefit from it! Korrina in particular I like, her fun personality offset by her surprising seriousness during the first Mega Evolution battle... I also favor Iris for similar reasons, and her promotion to final boss status in B2/W2 really helps!

Any of the really hammy and hotblooded Gym Leaders (Blaine, Crasher Wake, Wattson, Wulfric, Roxie, etc.) or the campy and flamboyant ones (Burgh, Wallace, Juan, etc.) are in my favorite pool, too.

Okay so screw it, they're ALL my favorites!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links