The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old September 8th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Black Dynamite
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
i takes a special type of tolerance to not rage in cod.
i rage quite a bit when i use to play. but i dnt bother wearing my mic if i'm just going to shout and scream lol. I'm excited for ghosts although i wont be getting it around release time.

which call of duty did you guys play the most?
for me it was mw2. i played so much i think i had 115k kills and i have around 90k on mw3.
what is your favorite gun?
f2000. i know im a wierdo. got the gold skull title for it and everything.
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Serene Grace
ニャース

Nature: Relaxed
CoD sucks. Rather, the game is amazing in theory but there are two things wrong with it in practice: the connection and the community.

The connection, when bad, is the worst of any multiplayer game I've ever played - simply because of how quickly you kill people and die in the game. When it lags, people shoot you around corners or, on your screen, you hit them with 4 bullets and on their screen nothing registered. When the connection is good; like when you're host for example - things run a lot smoother and the game is a lot of fun. The connection, from my personal experience is about 60% good and 40% bad so at least its tolerable, right? Wrong. The Call of Duty mutiplayer community is the worst community of any multiplayer game. Ever. You start to kill people so they sit in corners to wait for you. You get a high killstreak, the dashboard the game (if they're host, the game ends and if they're not, you have no one to play against). They use the most annoying perks to intentionally slow down the game and it becomes very stale and repetitive. I'm an above average CoD player with around a 3.5 K/D and a 2.5 W/L playing completely solo (on Black Ops 2) and I'm done with the game pretty much.

It's funny, in Modern Warfare 2 - my first CoD game - I have 16 days played, with 10 prestiges completed. Black Ops 2 is 9 days played with 15 prestiges completed. Modern Warfare 3 is 4 days played with 9 prestiges completed. Black Ops 2? 2 days played with 0 prestiges completed. That pretty much says it - and it's a recurring pattern with a lot of CoD players I know. Another thing that is odd about the game is that in MW2 I had a 1.95 K/D, BO1 - 2.75 K/D, MW3 - 3.1 K/D, BO2 - 3.5 K/D - it seems the "better" you get at CoD, the more frustrating it gets. Honestly, I would not recommend this game just because the community - at least the vast majority - are immature as hell and need to grow up.

Edit: Will I be getting Ghosts? Probably not. Even if I do, it'll be long after I've finished enjoying GTA V, Skyrim and The Last Of Us - which I don't forsee in the near future.
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
I play Modern Warfare 2 a lot, I can't play the new ones (I'm terrible at them). The whole fan base in general is ridiculous.. I DO love to play it though even with the constant bickering. The problem with CoD now is that there's so many hackers, it's pretty much unplayable. (Well on MW2, I dont play MW3, BO1 or BO2)

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
MW2 is one of the best games, and the only reason besides MW2 why i play CoD is cause of the Zombies mode of Treyarch's line of CoD games. I find the Zombies mode fairly addicting

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old September 14th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
A new CoD: Ghosts single-player campaign trailer was released a few days ago, which shows us the player (along with the US army) being taken into space to battle against a group of foes. Click here if you wanna see it!

So, what are your thoughts on this, guys? Are you going to enjoy fighting in the outer space? Do you think that the space should be featured in multiplayer, too, or should it should remain exclusive to the story mode?
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Libra

Oh god... I dunno how this will work out in multiplayer, since low gravity can be abused in so many ways that it becomes sort of imbalanced. I think it should stay in single player cause i can see the hate for a multiplayer map like this coming

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old September 28th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I remember reading an article somewhere that stated that sniper rifles had been heavily modified in Ghosts, and they would function a lot differently than in previous Call of Duty games. Along with all of these changes, the quick-scoping ability might have been removed as well. How do you all feel about this? It was fun to be able to quick-scope with my snipers, but I wasn't very good at it. So personally, this isn't going to affect me all that much. This will finally force people to use their snipers like the way they were meant to be used in the first place—slow and steady. d:

Last edited by Endless; September 28th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Bruce Banner
don't fly away
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
I'm super hyped about the newest Call of Duty game, Call of Duty Ghosts. It release in about two weeks and it can not get here quick enough! When Ghosts coms out, I will be pulling many overnighters. When BLOPS 2 came out I had a gaming fest that lasted about 36 horus straight. lol

I personally enjoy the Call of duty games. Yes they get a lot of crap from people, but I personally think that the franchise is one of theb est in the gaming world. Activision can produce games year after year that sell the most and are played by more fnas than almost any of gaming franchise. My favorite Call of duty game is probably Modern Warfare 3. I started playing competitively in COD: WAW then stopped playing. When MW3 came out, I started playing a lot again. MW2 would probably be my third favorite after WAW. I play it both competitively and for fun; nowadays I mostly play the games for fun. I haven't played them in a while seeing as the shooting genre of games is my worst genre competitively. My KD ratio for BLOPS 2 and MW3 was under 1 because I mainly ran around in Kill Confirmed a bunch and let my little brother play on my account. My favorite weapon types are SMGs. My least favorite would probably be BLOPS, I just really didn't like them that much. The story was good, but I didn't like the look of the game and the online multiplayer wasn't as fun.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Since Ghosts is on it's way I thought it would be nice to start talking about it, discussing features within the game.

Multiplayer is gonna be quite different this year. Well, the actual gameplay will still be familiar but things such as Squads being introduced, 20 new killstreaks, Clan Wars and all the other stuff. What are you guys thoughts?

Squads vs Bots looks like something people will enjoy, unless the they mess the bots up. It's always nice to be able to do something on multiplayer without all the kids being annoying.

I'm gonna show what's on the CoD website about the new Squad game modes:

Wargame
Spoiler:
In Wargame, you can play on your own or cooperatively with up to 5 friends against an opposing squad of bots. Game modes will vary from Team Deathmatch to Domination to Search & Rescue, giving you the opportunity to hone your skills and strategies for different game modes and maps – the ideal training ground for online Multiplayer

Squad Assault
Spoiler:
In Squad Assault, you can invite up to 5 friends to play cooperatively as your created squad members, taking on another player's AI-controlled squad. Test your squad's skills against another player's customized team of soldiers across a variety of game modes.

Squad vs Squad
Spoiler:
Equip your squad and head into battle against another human player and their squad. Squad v. Squad matches you up against another player of similar skill level and rank in a game of Domination, Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed or Blitz. Level up your soldiers and create the ultimate squad to ensure victory.

Safeguard
Spoiler:
Play cooperatively in a group of up to four soldiers taking on waves of enemy combatants. You start with a very basic load out and a friendly AI squad member that you can call in for support, and throughout the game, support drops arrive containing various weapons, perks and kill streaks to help you defeat the enemy onslaught. As each wave passes, the difficulty level increases, with 20 waves in a standard match, 40 waves in "Safeguard Extended" and unlimited waves in "Safeguard Infinite" - see how long you can survive.

And I also wanted to know what you guys think about Extinction:
Spoiler:
Extinction is a completely new 4 player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling rounding out this robust new Call of Duty: Ghosts game mode. Teamwork and communication are essential when playing Extinction, as your team faces an inhuman menace that has overrun an isolated Colorado town and you must eliminate the threat via any means necessary.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Libra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
I remember reading an article somewhere that stated that sniper rifles had been heavily modified in Ghosts, and they would function a lot differently than in previous Call of Duty games. Along with all of these changes, the quick-scoping ability might have been removed as well. How do you all feel about this? It was fun to be able to quick-scope with my snipers, but I wasn't very good at it. So personally, this isn't going to affect me all that much. This will finally force people to use their snipers like the way they were meant to be used in the first place—slow and steady. d:
I was so hoping for this... No more quickscope lobbies where i get randomly invited to and people getting mad at me for using a sniper as it should be...

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Bruce Banner
don't fly away
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Bought this game last night. If anyone has it for Xbox 360 post about it on here. I've been looking for people to play with online to help me win more games. :p

My short version of the game. It's decent and fun, but Activision could have done a lot more with multiplayer.
Old November 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Bought this game last night. If anyone has it for Xbox 360 post about it on here. I've been looking for people to play with online to help me win more games. :p

My short version of the game. It's decent and fun, but Activision could have done a lot more with multiplayer.
Have you tried any of the new game modes yet? What are they like? I want to pick this game up but I want to know if it's worth doing it now or during some sort of sale.
Old November 5th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Libra

I havent got this game yet either, but watching some gameplay and a bit of the story makes me wanna get it... They did a great job with this so far from what i've seen... but idk how the story will turn out... thats my main concern when ill buy a game

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 5th, 2013, 06:13 PM
iiSoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
On XBL if you go to preferences there an option to turn the voice volume down so all you hear is the game and none of the children whining like little girls.
or you can be in a party and avoid it all lol
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Libra

On a sidenote, i heard that Ghosts got some negative reviews on it, and that the game is pretty crap on PC.

For instance you cannot Alt-Tab in-game or adjust the FoV.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Nuke

DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO PLAY THE CAMPAIGN. (though it doesn't spoil much anyway so if you're very curious watch it anyway)

Thought I'd post this here, it's unbelievable how lazy this is.

But yeah, I'm not buying it this year after how terrible Black Ops 2 and MW3 were. The original Black Ops was hardly amazing either. I miss the MW2 days.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Libra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO PLAY THE CAMPAIGN. (though it doesn't spoil much anyway so if you're very curious watch it anyway)

Thought I'd post this here, it's unbelievable how lazy this is.

But yeah, I'm not buying it this year after how terrible Black Ops 2 and MW3 were. The original Black Ops was hardly amazing either. I miss the MW2 days.
Holy... that is just lazy as heck indeed... IW only caring about the money, regardless how much work they did on it. Also IW doesnt give a crap about PC gamers, which is really unfortunate.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM
幕之内 一歩
All Day Baby! All Day!!

I want to like Call of Duty. I do.

Being in the military, I'm a fan of military shooters and guns in general, I enjoy the thrill of having intense fire fights.

I just can't get around the Madden-like qualities CoD has. Every year it's a minimal upgrade from the previous game. Graphics are tweaked, but never really improved upon. Guns are more or less the same in each game and it's the same terrible connection issue each and every game that the developers either don't care to fix or don't know how. Though that could be fixed if they looked at other games that have in match spawns. And the last reason I'm not a fan (and yes I realize it's a game so tweaks must be made) but the blatantly stupid mechanics they offer for certain guns, not to mention none of them sound like their real life counter part. Take for instance the Python in Black Ops, they had a snub nose attachment. Is it a real modification to the weapon? Absolutely, but what it increased was damage and.... accuracy? Are you serious? Anyone that knows anything about weapons knows making the barrel shorter destroys weapon accuracy.

Then let's not forget the 'AWESOME' community CoD has. It's full of so many fan boys that are ignorantly blind about how great the game is and waste countless hours on it that it's honestly hilarious. Never have I seen so many people take off work to play a game at midnight release and for days on end. The last time I played a CoD I was already playing against prestige 1 AND 2 by the time I got the game at a decent hour the next day.

*sigh* Like I said, I really want to like CoD but I can look at Ghosts and know what it's going to be like. Exactly the same as previous iterations with small modifications that the developers try to pass of as game changing or innovative.

Laugh, and world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links