• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

This place gives me the chills!

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
So, I'm doing my Random Pokemon challenge and I was going through the Ghost tower in Emerald for Shadow ball for my Mighteyna. For whatever reason, this time around, I decided to click to see what a lot of people had to say and it was rather depressing.

Throughout the Pokemon games, there is always a ghost tower or something where people always say some sort of depressing things. Do these things make you sad or anything? Or maybe make you think of some of your real life memories?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The various people who say their Pokemon had passed I find very sad, but also intriguing at the same time. The idea of Pokemon death is something that's not touched upon all that often and considering the target audience, I see why that is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Old Chateau creeped me out because of the ghosts of the butler and the little girl suddenly showing up, then disappearing.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Old Chateau is creepy with the eerie music, and you killed a pokemon in red/blue. A raticate.

I wonder what happens to the raticate in FR/LG...?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
The Old Chateau and the Sendoff Spring really creeps me out. That music is haunting!

I remember while playing Black 2, there is a woman you battle in Celestial Tower who says this after being defeated: ''Oh, right there, I nearly called my late Pokemon's name...'' suggesting she was going to battle with it but she forgot it passed away. :/

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Old Chateau creeped me out because of the ghosts of the butler and the little girl suddenly showing up, then disappearing.

Yeah, I think the Old Chateau was the creepiest of any location in the games. I loved it, though!

I always find it interesting that they mention Pokemon dying, but the player never experiences it. I'm glad though -- how awful if you loaded up an old save file and saw, "Your Pokemon has died of old age!" I guess that would make it a bit more Tamagotchi-like.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Dude, if they ever made a Pokemon Tamagotchi, I'd be all over that so fast.
But yeah, I agree about the Old Chateau. Also, Lavender Town music. /shudder

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I just think it's an odd kind of place to have as a staple location throughout the series. Lavender's tower was interesting since it was party to a significant part of the story (as an event establishing the evil team as evil, it wasn't rivalled until the fifth generation); otherwise they're rather boring places, even arduous.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
I'm relatively impartial to the existence of gravesites in the Pokemon games. Still, I understand why they exist; Pokemon are a natural part of that world, and as in real life death is simply an aspect of living.

Come to think of it, I find it odd the Johto games more or less had no area like that. I wonder why that is, considering every other game has an area like that? I think you had Mr. Fuji's house in the postgame and that's it, though I suppose Burnt Tower could be considered that as well.

I'll always like Mt. Pyre best though. Creepy atmosphere, and the summit has great music.

Back