Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 12th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Advertise here
There are a lot of amazing games out there, and some of them are left with no sequel. Which game(s), out of the top of your head, do you think truly deserves a sequel?

Personally, I'd like to see a sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters. Prime Hunters was a shooter game for the Nintendo DS. It had a good storyline, made you feel like you were actually Samus by giving you a first-person perspective, and it had an online multiplayer mode which enabled you to battle against thousands of players from all over the world. If they ever do decide to give this game a sequel, then I'd like to see it made for Wii U. They could also make it for the 3DS, but unfortunately, I don't think it'll be able to provide us with the same kind of multiplayer experience or the same graphical experience.

I would also like to see a sequel to Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, if possible.
for all distractions.
Old September 12th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
This is supposedly in the works somewhere at Camelot, but knowing them, (releasing the third game in a series 7 years after the second installment) you can never be too sure - I really want a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. One of my all-time favorite video game franchises.

Also, how about a Wii U Pokemon Snap! sequel? I'd be set for months, with 649ish Pokemon to take pictures of.
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
Oh, there are so many.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is definitely one of them, a Livewire just said. I won't spoil anything, but it was clearly meant to have one. Hopefully it will one day.

I think Pokemon Conquest is befitting of a sequel as well. I was skeptical about the idea when I first heard of it, but as soon as I played the game was more than impressed. I would love to see a sequel to this in some form, or at least another Pokemon tactical RPG.

I would love to see the Final Fantasy VI characters go on another adventure. The ending tied up all the loose bits, but perhaps something could come from a little creative thinking. I consider FFVI to be my personal favorite game of all time, and I'd more than enjoy a sequel, though it seems Square-Enix has forgotten this gem.

Super Princess Peach 2 anyone? Like many veteran gamers I found this game to be too easy. Much too easy. Yet at the same time, I praised the role reversal the game brought, and how they managed to keep Peach right in character even as the protagonist. A sequel with more challenging elements could definitely be done, just as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon answered my prayers.
"Time for my appearance!"

Gym Leader Korrina
Old September 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
I definitely would say Pokemon Conquest. It was a great game with tons of character and I enjoyed trying to get as much Warlords as I could. I just completed the game for the second game and I had a team entirely build of Warlords.

Well, Yukimura and Kunoichi aren't, but hey, they are extremely powerful and if it was't for Kunoichi, I would have lost the last battle. xD
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000

That is all.

Last edited by Darkrai Lv.1000; September 13th, 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: slow load times caused my post to multiply. :/
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post

That is all.
I think that one is in the works.

I also think we desperately need a Spore 2... BEFORE EA DECIDES TO MAKE "The Sims 4"!
Old September 14th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Spinosaurus

I just want a damned Wario Land 5/6!
I will not object to a Rhythm Heaven sequel either.

To be honest though my real answer here would be Donkey Kong Country Returns but the dream came true so instead I'll just say this:

Punch-Out Wii!! was one of the best revival any game could have and also one of the best games from the past generation. It absolutely deserves a sequel due to how PERFECT it is. There's many possibility to it: Either continue with the perfect formula and introduce new modes, perfect Super Punch Out's formula or introduce the arcade Punch Out formula to the home consoles. Any three would be briliant.
Old September 16th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Calamitastrophe
He's really feeling it

Nature: Lax
A sequel to Liberation Maiden would just be nifty. Just when you think you're about to play the final stage/boss, the game ends.
Yo, isn't Finneon an Eevee evolution? I mean, it has -eon in the name...
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Persona 4 arena. I mean seriously, making a Persona 3 and 4 crossover, then decide to go with a cliffhanger? Come on Atlus, you're killing us.

I hope I haven't spoilered anything.
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Spinosaurus

I'm more surprised by the fact that people play Persona 4 Arena for the story. :x Was it even at EVO? Nobody hyped that game, so I guess the fighting games enthusiasts don't care much for it and it's a fanservice game for the series fans. EDIT: Yeah it was at EVO. Just remembered. The grand championship was BORING as hell. Only Injustice was worse.

Also there is a sequel...sorta. Persona 4 Climax. It's more of an update though, but maybe they'll follow up the story.
Old September 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Dragon

Nature: Modest
Golden Sun Dark Dawn defiantly deserves a sequel, imo. I mean, the way it just ended... it's so much of a tease that it needs one. D:

I also agree about The World Ends With You; it's one of my favourite DS games of all time and heck, I don't mind if it gets a sequel. I also can't wait for another Persona sequel - I heard that it was going to be on the Wii U, but, I thiiiiink that's just a rumor. xD

テイルズオブイノセンス • Video Games • Welcome Lounge • pair • twin
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Xenosaga.

Even if the game already has a trilogy. I mean, the ending isn't disappointing by any means, but it'd be nice to continue it from there, since it's a heavily implied cliffhanger, and I don't like cliffhangers if there's really going to be no actual continuation from it. .__.;
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:50 AM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Tales of Phantasia. Or any other game with that much depth and time travel.

Time traveling creates all kinds of possibilities with many different eras, and I'd love to see more time traveling games.
Pokémon: Battles of the Past
Site Thread
Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Arc
temporarily dead

Nature: Bashful
I want to say Mother 3. Since it was pretty ambiguous in it's ending that I just wanted more. And because Mother is a series that I at least want to see one more game for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitastrophe View Post
A sequel to Liberation Maiden would just be nifty. Just when you think you're about to play the final stage/boss, the game ends.
Well, there is Liberation Maiden -Sin-, which is technically a sequel in story, but not in gameplay since it's a visual novel and not an action game.
エマ・ミルスティン
(早見 沙織)
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrage View Post
I want to say Mother 3. Since it was pretty ambiguous in it's ending that I just wanted more. And because Mother is a series that I at least want to see one more game for.
You are a lucky kiddy, one smart cookie is currently making a mother 4 or earthbound 4 wichever one

PairFriend Code
Old September 24th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I really liked Tom Clancy's Endwar, a Real Time Strategy Game primarily built for consoles, it was awesome fun, made you use your brain and the theme of futuristic elite soldiers waging WW3 was really interesting. Definitely deserves a sequel but unfortunately the franchise is held by Ubisoft who trash any old titles other than Assassins Creed, which is a shame as I used to like the TC universe, eh there's still Watchdogs and The Division.

I don't know, I don't play a wide variety of games, maybe some development house could take the Eragon title they made ages ago and actually expand that universe into an open world RPG rather than a crappy movie rip off sword swinging linear title?
Hi.
Old September 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Another Chrono entry would be nice. Wouldn't matter to me if it was a sequel to either Trigger or Cross or a completely standalone game. It's already been 13+ years since Cross was originally released, and aside from an unsubstantiated rumor some years back, there's never been talks of another game. Too good of a series to simply let fade away.

As I've been playing through Super Mario RPG, I realize a sequel on a current gen console would be pretty awesome. New party members like Luigi! (obvious omission from the original) Wario, Kamek, etc would add more dynamic and humor (which is one of my favorite parts about the game so far)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here