• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Life After Death OOC [M]

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Life after Death​

IC

Where Am I?
You are dead, and your death remains unknown... You open your eyes to see a dim light, and a modern school building in front of you. You are next to a fountain, leaning against it looking over this school building. You can't remember anything but your name and when you get up you feel a slight pain. You can feel pain. You look around and see nobody around, just empty fields and the structure lie here, and beyond that is a misty fog that does not seem pleasant. The tempurate seems to fluctuate slightly as the wind changes speed now and then. A figure appears before you. He is wearing a hooded cloak representing the stereotypical image of death with his scythe. The figure then moves slightly before speaking in a low spooky voice. "You are dead." It shocks you, and you are left with questions to ask but the figure is gone and you are left alone.

You are dead in a world where just a school remains. It is empty upon your arrival but you soon find other people, or dead people that roam the school. The group is a handfull of people that operate in here for answers, trying to summon 'death' back to this world and take them to the next world. You are invited into the group and you accept, knowing that there isn't much else to it. You're personality and appearence is exactly the same as how you died, but you can't remember anything. The group are also in a similar situation were no-one can remember who they are, and are lead by the vice president of the school Skyla and they have come up with many strange theories in the past. Unfortunately, other forces are attempting to stop you in your tracks including a mysterious young girl with white hair.

The group
The group are known as 'highschool battlefront' but the name often changes due to dispute over what they are actually fighting. In the school are other human forms, or bots as the battlefront call them. They believe you aren't supposed to communicate with them or draw attention to yourself or you will disapear from this world entirely, and also believe that recovering your memories is the key to salvation. The day acts as a usual school day without drawing attention to yourself, and when someone has a breakthrough, Skyla will often come up with a plan that will involve all members of the group.

The logic of this world
In this world you can feel pain, and die, however when you die you will reappear at the fountain, with your recent memories (the ones you have collected in this world) The fountain is situated at the front gates of the school by the football field. You have a physical form, and can touch anything in this world. You can obviously speak and move, however physics apply in the same way and long falls and such will damage you, although just killing yourself and reapearing by the fountain is a quick way to avoid pain.

Additional information
This role play is heavily based of the anime angel beats. I'm not too fussed on how many people join but no more than 10 will be aloud due to this needing everyone's input at times. The plot will unfold with you all learning new things about the world, and partaking in missions set by Skyla in an attempt to go to the next life, and several other mysteries along the way. The white haired girl is a girl that is dead alike you, however she does not speak, and tries to prevent you from achieving your goals.

Rules: Try and post as frequently as possible, as there may be times when we need everyone to post to get things moving.
-Make an interesting character
-Don't bunny without permission or ask me if that person is inactive
-You have to be part of the battlefront (keyword is Banana, put this at the end of your sign up)
-Don't spam, bully, be racist, etc

The school - From Angel Beats
Spoiler:

Name:
Description: (What do they look like? You may include a picture, but please put it in a spoiler.)
Past Life: (Was it a good life or a bad life, this is basically a history section, but don't forget to include details of your death as later on you may remember them.)
Goal in life:

Last edited:

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Could I please reserve a spot for this Roleplay please? Sounds really interesting, I'll post my SU as soon as I've finished it! Can't wait!

Years
Name: Reiketsukan Aisu

Description: Standing about 5' 3''Aisu has reletively shaggy medium-dark brown hair that starts to wave outward if grown too long. He has dull-emotionless glacier blue eyes and rather normal brown eyebrows. A small but somewhat pointed nose, and a smal average mouth. The only noticable feature on his face is the distinguished small yet clearly visable scar under his left eye. He is particularily skinny and pale due to his awkward sleeping/eatting habits.
On top he generally wears a dark blue hawiian shirt unbottoned, to show the white tank-top he sports undernieth. As for lower attire, he wears black loose fitting shorts held up by a white belt. Over his feet he has primarily brown, though light blue accented, hiking boots.

Past Life: Aisu has always been a solitary child, content with himself. He rarly cried and never through tantrums throughout his young life. His pearents got a devorce meer months after his birth, with his mother attempting to gain custody and therefore recieve child support to manage her drug adiction. It wasn't hard for the courts to favor Aisu's full-time working father over his unemployed mother and granted full-custody to him. Aisu had not seen much of his mother throughout his life, even when given the chance he'd turn the offer down.
Fairly obiedent, he'd help his dad around the house, when asked, otherwise he'd generally sit quietly in his room either drawing, writing, or sometimes playing meloncholy tunes on a wind instrument. As the years past when Aisu began schooling, it was learned that it was more than just anti-social problems that led him to be as reclusive as he was, but actually a deep depression that led him to barly ever eat, sleep, converse, go out, meet people, ect. The school attempted after school programs to try and get the boy to open up, but had little success (absolutly none.) This prompted his father to send him to doctors for psych evaluations, yet even they failed to find anything wrong with Aisu. As he was very intellegenthad the approprite skills to carry conversation, he just never used them do to some sort of social anxiety.
Aisu was fifteen he was just returning home from one of his rutine examinations when he saw that the front door of his dad's house was kicked in. Out front was a variety of motorcycles, on two were a couple of men who sported gang colors. Aisu recognized them as the gang that was led by his mom's new husband. He was ambushed by said bikers and brought into the ransacked house, where his dad laid with a bullet hole in his head. In the corner he seen his mom, who was shouting at him, being he was a mistake, and such. Aisu felt a sharp pain in the back of his head, as one of the men knocked him out.
Aisu awoke at the biker gangs clubhouse tied to a chair. He was bloody and bruised, while barely still breathing. His mother along with her new husband lectured him on life and death, and how he didn't deserve the luxury. He was also informed how they had the police scared out of their shoes and would not find any redemption from them. Aisu remained silent throughout all this, even during serise of tourturous cuts, cigarette burns, bottle breaking, ect. Just as the leader of the bike gang brought the barrel of the gun used to kill his father to Aisu's forhead, Aisu did manage to mutter his desreguard towards life and his hatred for his mother.
*BANG*
A dim lightwas all that could be seen to Aisu for a few moments. A rather elaborate academy slowly became visable. Aisu found himself leaning up agaisnt a fountain, unable to remeber anything, outside his own name. He then tried to move forward as a sharp pain shot through his body causing him to stop in his tracks. Glancing around the school yard a shadowy cloaked figure weilding a scyth appeared before him, telling him that he had died before vansishing as quickly as it had arrived. Leaving him with so many unasewered questions...

(Kinda dark I know, but the RP is rated M)

Goal in life: Pretty much didn't have one, though he did fantasise of writing a truly remarkable epic novel.
Banana

Last edited:

Maxew555

Years
Name: Jacques Noir

Description: Jacques has messy, long, jet black hair that protrudes over his ears. He has dark blue eyes and a thin body figure. He wears an old, ragged, dirt stained t-shirt covered by a ragged pair of worn overalls. Jacques is normally very quiet, however he is not shy whatsoever. He will step forth in the face of danger and will always help and care for a friend in need.

Past Life: Born in 1680, Paris. Jacques' parents were British, though not expected Jacques was born in France when his British parents were holidaying in the European country, his mother passed away during childbirth and his father in the corse of the following years, leaving the boy an orphan in the UK. He was adopted by a German couple at the age of five, the couple treated him kindly at first, but things changed soon before long and at the age of 7, the boy ran away. With a wide knowledge of cultures and languages, he crossed the border to get to Asia and soon made his way to Japan as he reached his destination, Tokyo. As he made it to the sturdy capital, he realised it was his fourteenth birthday, after seven years of wondering, learning and agonising travelling he had decided to grow up and make a living in Tokyo. After almost a year had passed, Jacques continued to live in the rough but he had gotten himself as a job in a factory, he often left with many cuts and grazes, one night he got out of the factory late, he walked along the pathway through a park he looked down as he felt a sharp pain shoot through him and was knocked by a fellow citizen of the city. Jacque looked up to see the most beautiful face he had ever seen. She had long blond hair that covered her hair and reached her shoulders, she had dark green eyes. The girl wore black, square glasses that sat on her nose. The girl asked his name, awaiting Jacques response. "Watashi wa Jacques desu" He spoke in flawless Japanese. The girl giggled, trying to communicate that she only spoke English. Jacque explained, in English that he spoke French, English, German, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. He asked her name soon after. She responded with the name 'Tiana Right' and told Jacques that she was from England. A shot of pain once again shot through Jacques, he fell to the ground as he saw a burst of red come out of his knee, he soon passed out.

Jacque woke up to the sight of Tiana's face, they were in a building and there was light flooding through from outside. Jacques asked where they were. Tiana responded with telling him that they were in clock tower where she lived, by herself, she had no job and no money, running low on the food she, on the occasion, stole. She slowly nursed him back to health and got him back to his feet. Jacque woke up the morning before his fifteenth birthday and left the clock tower to head back to work. After a long day at work Jacque left the factory at around 11 o'clock at night and arrived at the tower around half-an-hour later. Jacques heard struggling inside and he broke his way in, to find a cloaked figure throttling Tiana. "STOP!" Jacques yelled. As the clock struck 12 and Jacques aged to fifteen death passed over him, the reason unknown.

Goal in life: As mentioned in Past Life, Jacques was looking for work in Tokyo. He was very unsure of the future he wanted for himself, he wanted to get a promotion and then move into a stable career.

Banana

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Name: Nate Falk
Description: Roughly like the Support Reaper from TWEWY, except younger:
Spoiler:

Past Life: Nate lived a rather normal life in the northeastern U.S.; he was never much for socializing, but he did enjoy it occasionally, playing Magic with a few of his friends. He never really cared what other people might have thought of him, and by age 14, he was reasonably happy with his life. However, one day, all of that changed. Nate and his friend were driving across town to a local comic book store, the latter driving and fully engaged in the conversation the two were having. As such, he missed when a car pulled out in front of them. It t-boned the other car at full speed and rolled twice, critically injuring Nate's friend. An ambulance arrived two minutes later, but it was too late; the driver had already been killed.

During the next couple years, Nate had completely closed up. His parents tried everything they could, to no avail. He abandoned the rest of his friends and refused to interact with anybody at all. People at school began to regard him as a creepy guy who wouldn't talk to anyone. He stayed this way for the rest of his life.

Nate was killed while learning to drive; he accidentally pulled out in front of a pickup truck, and the story tells itself from there. Upon entering the world of the dead, his asocial-ness was gone... but that made his mentality a time bomb for when he discovers his past.
Goal in life: To have a friend who truly cared for him.
Banana.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I love this. I will try to write up an SU soon. Just a note though, your SU lacks a personality section, unless it's combined with appearance in the Description section.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
@PJBottomz - I've left that out for the main reason, you make it up as yougo along. i've always found it dificult trying to keep to one personality, as when you want him to be shy, you then want him to gbe involved in the action.

Other than that, Sheraku, Maxew, and 9OFC3C, you are all aproved!!!

@9OFC3C - is there anything easier to call you?

I'm thinking we will have maximum, 8 places... There's 3 so far, and 2 SU's coming from me and PJBottomz. I'll begin writing mine :) Although I guess 10 is okay... I guess we'll just see who joins.

Name: Skyla

Description:
Spoiler:

Skyla has black hair that goes down to her shoulders, and wears a black lace dress down to her thighs. Below her she wears grey tights, and a pair of black trainers. Often however, she is seen wearing a brightly colored sweater, orange and white, with black jogging bottoms, but she only ever wears this around the people she is most closest to.

Past Life: Skyla's family was that of a rich one, however she was thrown into education and was forced to learn over playing. She was home-schooled, so she never had any friends most of her life, until she came accompanied with a black cat. That cat was almost like those of a witch, and many people on the streets joked about this girl being a witch when she was followed by a black cat. One night she came home and the cat followed her into her front garden, closer tan it's ever been to her home, and her father came outside. He shouted at the cat, and told it too shoo away, however Skyla felt disobedient as she ran away with it. They ran for 10-15 minutes, Skyla following the cat shouting for it to wait, a sight to see. However, that cat ran across a set of train tracks, and Skyla, who was still running, spread a tear down her eye as she noticed the train. It didn't hit the cat. It hit her.

Goal in life: To have a animal friend.

banana

And yeah, I'm playing as a girl, problem!?

Last edited:

Maxew555

Years
Yay :D, thank you! Also a quick question, what happens if the characters were to leave the school grounds? And another question, what is the use of the book and how are they obtained?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
What book? I don't remember saying anything about a book. As for your other questions, like I said, anything you do, wether that be die, or go into the fog, you will appear by the fountain.

Maxew555

Years
Ok, thanks and heres the bit about the books, its in the 'Where am I?' section of the first post:

"as well as nobody being able to open their books"

What does that mean?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Thx for pointinjg that out. Was meant to remove tat bit :P

I have posted the IC considering there is aolready 4 of us, and 5 if PJbottomz still joins.

Last edited:

Maxew555

Years
Yay :D can't wait for it to get accepted! I think this RP could get really interesting as it pans out. Can't wait! >.<

Also, i just realized this morning that my character's name is Jacques Noir, which is basically Jack Black. Wasn't really aiming of that but, oh well, someone could probably make that joke in the RP.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Name:
Description: (What do they look like? You may include a picture, but please put it in a spoiler.)
Past Life: (Was it a good life or a bad life, this is basically a history section, but don't forget to include details of your death as later on you may remember them.)
Goal in life:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Name: Darren Hayes

Description: Darren stands at 5' 6" and is a little overweight, though you could never really tell that by looking at him. He has short, spiked black hair, green eyes, and wears glasses with a metal frame. He can usually be seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt with black jeans and black steel-toed boots. The shirt has "The Fallen Angels" written across it. He also wears a small cross hanging from a chain around his neck.

Past life: Darren came from a loving home (hows THAT for a twist?) and had a few friends that he hung out with all the time. Soon, they got the idea of forming a rock band. Darren had learned to play the guitar from a young age, so the allure became too much for them to pass up. They named their group The Fallen Angels and, with Darren on lead guitar, they practiced their sound in the garage for months.

Soon, there were fliers going around at school about a talent show. It was a perfect way to get noticed! They met every day after school and rocked out, practicing harder and harder. A week before the talent show, Darren's parents had gone away on a trip for the weekend, which allowed The Fallen Angels to practice as much as they wanted. However, during practice, a short inside the walls started a fire that quickly spread all over the house. Darren and his friends got out, but they heard Melissa, Darren's 8 year old sister, screaming from her room. She couldn't get out! Darren, no longer concerned with anything else, ran back inside to help get her out while his friends went next door and called the Fire Department.

Darren's parents, upon coming back due to the fire, were devastated. Their house was ok, except for part of the roof collapsing where Melissa's room was. The firefighters were cleaning up what they could as two paramedics were wheeling out someone on a gurney. The white sheet was pulled back for a moment so the family could see Darren one last time. It seemed that as Darren pulled Melissa out of her room, the roof collapsed and pinned Darren down. Some of the beams were like needles that plunged through him like a thumbtack through paper. However, it was the lack of oxygen and not blood loss or the flames that killed him. Another senseless loss of life due to asphyxiation.

Goal in life: To become the rock star he wanted to be...and live the life he had only dreamed of.

BANANA! (runs away to hide the banana from Gru's minions)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Siiadams is aproved!! yay. I hope the ic will eb up soon. i posted it it should be there. could someone inform me when its up please?

Maxew555

Years
Oooohhh!! Excited for the IC!! >.< Congrats on getting your place siiadams! Wow, the RP has only been up for a few days and we've already got about 6, 7 members or reservations?

Also, who's excited for Pokemon X and Y? Less than a month to go now!

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Yeah..... I have posted the IC but it hasn't been accepted just yet. Just a little longer to wait. And Max, lol you're so you.

This is the part where you say - 'whats the supposed to mean.' hehe

Years
Haha, I've already got both pre-ordered and the strategy guide..Just need a 3DS now. Should have one this weekend.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I know it probably doesn't help, but I just want to say that I think the premise of this RP looks really interesting - I watched the first episode of Angel Beats at some point and was intrigued even if I didn't watch further. Sadly, I don't think I would be a good RPer if I joined another RP at this point, so I'll refrain from doing so. Best of luck with it though, I hope the players who do join make the best of the setting!

Back