The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old September 12th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
I have a feeling dillifgent would be the best bet, considering that Kar is technically the enemy - that way Nate gets to be a super awesome SPY! I do want to be able to interact with you all btw.

Last edited by Nate; September 12th, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter

Nature: Naive
Everyone's headed to Yovo though...

Aaaaaaand apparently Tristan's already there. Whatever. YOVO IT IS!
Old September 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Quto

Nature: Lonely
Well, we can move Nate towards Yovo to search for the king of Hummo, he could take notice to the group and notice us being gathered.

Also, an announcement.
I have been strongly considering turning Cursed Books into a video game and basing its story off one of the boards I posted the story towards. I have RPGMakerVXAce and I have a license to sell off the game to make money off of it; I may base the game's story off of what transpires in the RP now; Characters included if I can have permission.

Though it isn't all easy and glamorous as it sounds; I still need a composer to come up with original soundtracks or commercial free music to put in it and environmental tile sets for maps that don't require the artist's permission for a commercial game. Monsters as well. I can handle some of the character designs in terms of sprites, though faces for text boxes will be a difficult venture along with everything else.

To anyone asking about RPGear or Cardbox, I got far with it and stopped for 2 reasons. I'm having difficulty comprehending Java's Networking libraries and developing a java based server to make it work. The graphics and design is in place, just the back end I'm having trouble with.
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Kevin Macleod No jk, I ave a few tracks that arent officially mine, but are unlicensed or sumin like that. I'm not too good with composing, buit I like the idea Haha, imagine that though, trying to destroy a blimp, then get out safely. Hardest level yet. :D
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

SHIRO
The Heavenly Quiet Protector

Yovo
x
CHAPTER N,
Part N:

"Blessing"

Name: Shiro Takatsuki
Sex: Female
Class/Job: Yovo Priestess' Daughter

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Shiro is pale-skinned, standing at five feet and two inches with a slender figure. She has deep ocean-blue eyes a tiny smile, and a small, round nose. Her hair is a light golden color and hangs neatly down to her shoulders, a red ribbon tied over her head. She wears a small silvery-white dress and a cross necklace, along with some comfortable sandals. Her appearance is very softly lit, and in well-lit areas, she always looks glowing.

Book:
Shiro's Cursed Book, Holy Light.
Spoiler:
Holy Light
A small red book with a thin golden cross jutting ever-so-slightly out of the front cover. The outer lining of the cover has decorative golden trim roughly 3-4 centimeters from the edges.

Power: The ability to heal others of their wounds and suffering. The user can heal the injuries of others and take away the pain, but cannot heal his/herself. Lost limbs, appendages or organs cannot be regenerated or fixed, but can be mended back to the body if placed in the correct position, and has not been detached for more than fifteen minutes. After fifteen minutes, the lost body part is no longer considered part of the body, and cannot be repaired or reattached.

Curse: Any and all healing applied to a target is then measured into an amount of pain, which the user will suffer from until the pain goes away on its own or the pain is treated with appropriate medicine. This pain can come in the form of a headache, a stabbing pain somewhere on the body, or in more hazardous cases, blackouts. If the user passes out from pain caused by healing, he/she will not wake for a certain amount of time. The time of unconsciousness varies depending on the amount of pain applied, so if healing is overused, the user will be blacked out for longer. This unconsciousness could last as little as a minute or as long as two weeks, depending on how much pain the curse has inflicted.
Empty Book: User suffers a lot of the target's pain. 80%
Partly Full: User suffers the target's pain. 100%
Half Full: User suffers more pain than the target. 140%
Mostly Full: User suffers twice the pain of the target. 200%
Filled Book: User no longer suffers pain when healing.

Shiro's Grandmother's Cursed Book, Guardian Angel.
Spoiler:
Guardian Angel
A medium blue book with a painting of an angel holding a large kite shield on the cover.

Power: The ability to generate a magical shield that can block nearly anything, and deflect most things. It is entirely two-dimensional and can be replaced at any time, but can only exist in one place, so placing it somewhere else makes the original immediately disappear. At the start, the user can only place a shield as far as three feet from the fingertip, but it can be placed further the more the book is written.

Curse: While a magical shield is in existence, the user is weaker than they originally were, meaning if someone or something were to get past or behind the shield, the user would be in danger. The further the book is filled, the more the user is weakened, and the bigger the shield is. Certain landmarks in book progression allow for more usability with the shield, though they amplify the curse when in use.
Empty Book: Twice as weak as normal. +100%
Partly Full: Three times weaker than normal. +200%
Half Full: Four times weaker than normal. +300%
Mostly Full: Five times weaker than normal. +400%
Filled Book: No longer weakened by the shield. +0%
Each landmark also gives the user a new perk in using the shield, while also making it more deadly to use.
Empty Book: Shield is 2 meters in diameter.
Partly Full: 2.5-meter diameter. Shield can be reshaped in any way with the same area, but more bending makes the user weaker.
Half Full: 3-meter diameter. Shield can be placed twice as far away as normal (six feet), but the further the user is from the shield, the weaker the user is (outside of the 3-foot range).
Mostly Full: 3.5-meter diameter. Two shields can be placed, but the second doubles the weakness of the user.
Filled Book: Shields can now be placed anywhere, anyhow, and doesn't weaken the user. Infinite shields, infinite sizes, infinite placement possibilities.

Likes: Helping Others, Freedom, Peace, Quiet, Meditation, Animals, Friends, Family, Affection, Kindness, Good Morality, and Love.

Dislikes: Religion, Being told what to do, War, Loud Noise, Stress, Bugs, Monsters, Demons, Cruelty, Hatred, Tough Decisions, and Evil.

Combat Technique/Weapon: Blessed Dagger (For self-defense, but she has little practice with it)

History/Biography: Shiro lived a semi-quiet life in Yoko prior to the war. As a girl, she heard many stories of magical books and powers from her grandmother. Her mother discouraged her excitement over it, but she still found the idea interesting. However, her questions were more surprising than anything. "Many books existed, some created fire, some altered the world, some could change time, some could form explosions in the air... The power was something to be astounded by," her grandmother would explain. Though young Shiro would ask in response, "Were there books that helped people too, instead of hurting them?" Her grandmother went to her room and returned with a small, rectangular locked box. She put in the key and twisted it, showing a five-year-old Shiro an old and bruised book with an angel holding a shield painted on the cover. She explained that not every book was meant for fighting; some were there to give the opportunity to protect those you loved and cared for. Or for those who couldn't protect themselves. Shiro's grandmother promised her that she could take ownership of the book once she was old enough to understand the consequences. He mother reluctantly agreed. Months (and more stories) later, her grandmother passed away. With no father or grandparents, Shiro was left to keep dreaming on her own, and she did for years. Even as her mother brought her to work at the church, Shiro was always somewhere else in her head. Years passed peacefully in Yovo. Eventually Shiro's mother became more strict, and before she knew it, she was forced into following her mother's career as a priestess. Shiro didn't believe in the religion, but stayed reluctantly because she liked helping others. However, she disliked the religion because she didn't think giving false hope was going to help anyone. At the youthful but matured age of seventeen, Shiro finally stood up to her mother. With the rumors of war breaking out, Shiro took her grandmother's book and set off to figure out how she could prevent a war from destroying the nation. It was after she'd left that the black figure had handed her a book alongside a warning. With two books, and two curses, Shiro continued to survive on her own. She was able to make money and sustain herself by getting paid to heal others or reach ridiculous heights or places with her shields. She reaches the shores of Yovo, equipped with two books, a bag of clothes and money, and a single rumor she wishes to seek: a small group of cursed victims who were setting out to stop the war.

Last edited by Dusk; September 15th, 2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:36 PM
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter

I give you complete right to use Tristan in your game.

Oh, and I can draw. :3 Just ask and I'll make you a close up for any charrie you want.
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Quto

@ DuskLunancy: I approve.

And @ optionalpirate: Do you have any examples of your work?
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:43 AM
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter

Weeeeell..... Let's just say I draw by hand, and don't have much techy knowledge when it comes to art (heh). I can try to get one to you, but it might be a while, considering the fact that I have one way of getting the image onto the computer, and that it takes a lot of glare removing. I will work on it, though. This will take me a long time, so...

Please, please, plleeeeaaaaassse be patient with me. (シ_ _)シ
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Dusk

So can someone give me a precise setting for the IC at this very moment? What time of day/night is it? Where exactly is the group with the NPCs and whatnot who are trying to stop the war? Where are they precisely at the moment?

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:05 AM
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter

Time: Dusk-ish
Location: Nate is in Kar, Tristan is in Yovo by a port to Twan, everyone else (more or less) is in Twan headed to Yovo. There is one person somewhere in the country-side of yovo.
NPCs: Mostly, Nate's group in Kar. Nate is just sort of strolling down some random streets, so anyone who's there can bump into him.
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Yeah, technically, Nate is the bad guy in this, but at the same time the hero, he's working with Kar in order to bring about the murder of Hummo, or sumin. yeah, I think nate will ghead to yovo for a festival in which the King of Hommo(What is it again) will be attending. He hopes to see you all there (hehehe)
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Dusk

I assume the group I'm referring to is whichever one is led by Quto. Once I know that situation I'll be able to post.

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:13 AM
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter

O glord. |||||_・) *is hiding*

But yeah, Tristan will work on getting there, spotting you, then annoying you to death with his immatureness-ness. ψ(`∇´)ψ

@Dusk Lunacy
Yeah, their all headed to Yovo. Might as well be there (cause, you know, that's where everyone is?).
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Quto

Mostly everyone.

At Crimson; Why not? The king of Hummo who we'll dub "Calcifer" for now, will be attending the Harvest festival in Kuva, Yovo's capital.
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Someone should posts soon. i'm still waiting for everyone to 'take their turn' so to speak.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Dusk

I'd post if I knew for sure what was happening at this very moment.

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Well...... Da da - da da - da daa (say it as a song)

Quoto's charry and his group are goin' to Yovo...
nate is here in Kar, and about to follo'
Imature pirate, the ralts is bowt there,
and thats about where we aaaaaarrr! (get it. Arrr?)

Thank you thank you!
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Dusk

Oh... Kay.

I was hoping for specifics. I now know that it's... Dusk... HALLELUJAH.

Reading Quto's last post, I'm not certain but I get the idea that they just left via boat...? Or am I looking at something wrong?

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Quto

You got it, via boat, made of ice.

ALRIGHT, A full situation.
My group, Talos, Calci, Cad and Ura are going to Yovo by ICE raft, we hope to reach it by Dawn.

Amna and Tristan are located in Yovo as well, both receiving their books.

Nate is one of the antagonists, enemies or our lapdogs though we don't know it yet.

Ovan, our NPC antagonist, plans to control the world and is planning a party as a stepping stone to move forward with his plot.

AND it is DUSK!
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Also theres a huge harvest festival!!! I think thats where everyone is heading.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Quto

THAT TOO! What Crimson wrote above.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter

Nah. Tristan's just gonna walk around and be like oh wait there's a bunch of people here. Huh. Then he's gonna steal squire something to eat.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Dusk

Well, I'll get to work on post number one of Shiro!

Old September 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quto View Post
You got it, via boat, made of ice.

ALRIGHT, A full situation.
My group, Talos, Calci, Cad and Ura are going to Yovo by ICE raft, we hope to reach it by Dawn.

Amna and Tristan are located in Yovo as well, both receiving their books.

Nate is one of the antagonists, enemies or our lapdogs though we don't know it yet.

Ovan, our NPC antagonist, plans to control the world and is planning a party as a stepping stone to move forward with his plot.

AND it is DUSK!
And everybody forgot about Arias!

Sorry I haven't posted; the last few days have been quite hectic; but I should have a post today.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old September 17th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Dusk

Post one is up, I think I'm waiting for more post from Quto (...?) before making the second.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here