The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Restarted the Platinum. This is a side project, and I may not even finish it, but I'll try to beat the game again. 4th gen slow speed makes me drowsy, but nice special effects for moves are appreciated.

Leonardo the Grotle L26
Mufasa the Luxio L24

Yes, I chose something other than Infernape this time. It was because I wanted to use Houndoom later on. Turtwig is quite good despite his bad nature (mine is Bold), and I wanted to give him a companion as soon as possible so I caught a Shinx with Intimidate because Luxray is boss.

Relevant fights... Roark was easy, I used Curse a few times and swept him with Leonardo. Grotle was also the star against Mars, Razor Leaf did the job against Purugly. Finally, against Gardenia I pumped Leonardo a little more with Curse. I Cursed four times against her Turtwig and used Bite to sweep her Pokémon. I'm a hipster so I don't use Staraptor and this is why I had a little trouble with Gardenia, but she never even touched me so it was all good.

I saved after the gym battle in Eterna.

One thing I hear a lot about 4th gen is that it's slow. It definitely is, but, in terms of playtime, I find it to be pretty similar to the other games. I reached Gardenia at the 3:30 mark, which was rather quick considering I had to grind Mufasa a little after I caught it and therefore reached Roark a little later than usual. Once I beat it, I'll compare to the other games. I beat Black in 20:00 and Black 2 in 30:00, and those are very fast-paced games.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Ever since my last post, I have made lots of progress in Heart Gold, beating the Elite Four. Right now, I am training some of my team members on Route 44, having just backtracked and received Tyrogue from the Karate King.

Kenta the Tyrogue (Jolly male, Lv. 12)

Arco the Ho-Oh (Impish, Lv. 47)

Betty the Donphan (Impish female, Lv. 48)

Earl the Kingdra (Timid male, Lv. 51)

Cleo the Xatu (Timid female, Lv. 48)
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Current roster:

Leonardo the Torterra L32
Mufasa the Luxray L31

I was quite surprised to learn Grotle evolves at L32 because it evolves so late from Turtwig that I really thought he would evolve at L36 like Monferno does. But who cares, earlier is better, and he learns Earthquake with the level up too.

What I did today was one of the most boring parts of the game: the path to Hearthome City. Before, I beat Jupiter in the Eterna Hideout. It was scary because I decided to leave Leonardo against Skuntank and, even though I had a few Curses up my belt, Razor Leaf wasn't enough to take him down. So Mufasa had to save the day. Anyway, this part of the game is boring because there's the path to Wayward Cave and it takes quite a while to explore. I found Mira and funnily enough she was the one doing the killing because Kadabra was faster than both my Pokémon and one-shotted most things easily. After saving her from the darkness I went into the secret entrance, solved the puzzle and earned TM26 Earthquake, which I'm not gonna use.

I saved at Hearthome City. Luckily Fantina isn't too hard, although Torterra's main weapon (Earthquake) is useless against her.

Old September 13th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
So in preperation for Pokémon X & Y I decided to transfer my team from Heart Gold onto my White version and start a whole new game! I've already planned my team out which has a diverse mix of typings and I'm looking forward to seeing how this team develops.

So I just did the tutorial routines, i.e Choosing my Pokémon, meeting Mr. Pokémon, battling my Rival etc.

My team is currentlyyy;

Krakatoa ~ Lv. 7
Iris ~ Lv. 6
Spyder ~ Lv. 4

Meh I'm not very creative with nicknames but oh well, onwards with the journey!

Team αlpha
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Two team additions!

Leonardo the Torterra L37
Mufasa the Luxray L37
Spartacus the Kirlia L30
Nero the Houndoom L34

From the nickname, it's fairly obvious I'm going to evolve Kirlia into a Gallade, right? So he's staying at L30 until I find the Dawn Stone, which should be near Pastoria City.

The only important battle I had was against Fantina, and it was too easy. Mufasa soloed the gym brilliantly, OHKOing every single of Fantina's Pokémon. After that I beat the rival, which was easy since his team is fairly manageable.

I spent some time getting Spartacus to L30 then moved to Veilstone City. Once arriving there, I set out to catch a male Houndour (don't like the females of this species) with Flash Fire (because Early Bird sucks). It took a while because there seemed to be a Graveler outbreak, as well as the fact every male Houndour I found wanted to use Roar on me. This is a thing 5th gen fixed: the wild Pokémon can't use Roar on you to end the battle. But in 4th gen it's still difficult to catch Pokémon like Growlithe and Houndour because of this.

The third Houndour I caught had the requirements, so I trained it to a reasonable level. Next time I'll attack the Veilstone Gym, which should be easy since I'm overleveled and Leonardo can destroy Maylene's Lucario with Earthquake.

Ok I'm in Pastoria.

Leonardo the Torterra L40
Mufasa the Luxray L40
Spartacus the Gallade L40
Nero the Houndoom L40

Everyone and their grandma names their Houndoom "Cerberus". I found a name that's more fitting and way more creative.

Battles of note, the Maylene gym battle was, once again, very easy. I don't even remember how it went because it was so ridiculously easy I didn't even bother with strategy. Leonardo was used against Lucario and OHKOed with Earthquake.

Now I'm facing a problem because I don't know which Pokémon I'm going to use in the two remaining slots. I wanted a Flying-type and a Water-type. Gyarados fills the shoes nicely, but Gyarados is in every game... I don't want to repeat types, so Quagsire, Whiscash and Gastrodon are out (Torterra is already Ground-type). Milotic is too difficult to find and too difficult to evolve (needs Poffins). Vaporeon is boring. Seaking, Lumineon, Pelipper are all weak. Mantine is found too late in the game. Really, I've narrowed down my choices to two Pokémon, which I've never used: Octillery and Floatzel. I think Floatzel is better, but it also can't take a hit. Octillery is slower but learns better moves. Inb4 lolBibarel

Floatzel has a "cool" factor: a gym leader uses it as the main Pokémon. Doesn't help its cause much because the likes of Pidgeot and Zebstrika are also used by gym leaders as their main Pokémon, but it's something it has over Octillery (at least to me).

As for Flying-types, my choices are extremely limited. Platinum doesn't have Honchkrow, which I'd use otherwise (although not in this run since I already have Houndoom as a Dark-type). I'm a hipster so I don't use Staraptor. My Togepi was born with Hustle, so Togekiss is a no-no. Noctowl is too weak. Mothim and Vespiquen require Honey and are therefore worthless for a playthrough. Crobat would be a good choice... Except I want to use Crobat in HG and I don't want to repeat Pokémon in both games. Drifblim learns crap moves.

My options, therefore: Yanmega and Altaria. I'm almost leaning towards Altaria because Yanma is too hard to catch in that wretched Safari Zone of doom, but I like Yanmega more and I think it could be more useful than Altaria in the long run, because, well, Altaria learns no strong Flying-type moves by level up.

Last edited by Cerberus87; September 14th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:37 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Platinum Update
  • caught a Drifloon @ Valley Windworks
  • defeated Gardenia

My Team
Twist, the Lv28 Grotle
Drift, the Lv26 Drifloon

that's pretty much like it.
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

The team is complete! No more grinding! At least until E4.

Leonardo the Torterra L43
Mufasa the Luxray L43
Spartacus the Gallade L42
Nero the Houndoom L42
I.M.Weasel the Floatzel L42
Brundle the Yanmega L42

Really, training Brundle was a chore. He doesn't learn any good moves until very high levels, so I'm having to make do with Pursuit and Ancientpower.

I caught a bunch of Pokémon at the Great Marsh and cleared the area of items. Later on, I battled the rival, who at this point in the game is quite easy since I assaulted him with fully-evolved Pokémon while his own Pokémon are not. Crasher Wake would be more difficult, though not for me since Mufasa and Leonardo made him tap out quickly.

Next I'll tackle Route 212 before moving to Celestic Town.

Last edited by Cerberus87; September 16th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:31 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Platinum Update once again...

Adventure Log (only super major events)
  • Drift evolved into Drifblim
  • Twist evolved into Torterra
  • defeated the Ghost-type gym leader...forgot her name.
  • defeated rival
  • defeated the Fighting-type gym leader...also forgot her name.
  • added a new team member: Skull the Houndour

Current Team
Twist, the Lv42 Torterra
Drift, the Lv40 Drifblim
Skull, the Lv23 Houndour (on the process of grinding her)
Old September 24th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

So in a little downtime at Uni I've been playing HeartGold - I only brought my DSi so had to halt my progress through LeafGreen.
I'm currently at Goldenrod City, preparing to challenge Whitney - pokémon's most irritating gym leader (or major opponent, for that matter, as she annoys me more than May).
So, here's the team as of present, about half-assembled:

Quilava
Male
Lv. 20
Hardy nature
holds Charcoal
Blaze ability
attacks: Quick Attack / Cut / Smokescreen / Flame Wheel

Mew
Genderless
Lv. 17
Rash nature
Synchronize ability
attacks: Pound / Mega Punch / Flash / Rock Smash

Poliwag
Male
Lv. 19
Rash nature
Water Absorb ability
attacks: Rain Dance / Headbutt / Hypnosis / Water Gun

Spiky-eared Pichu
Female
Lv. 30
Naughty nature
holds a Zap Plate
Static ability
attacks: Helping Hand / Volt Tackle / Swagger / Pain Split

Three of them four will most likely enter the Hall of Fame, although that could be a while as I have no way of obtaining a Politoed. Pichu will probably find herself replaced later on, but could return in Kanto.
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave

The Adventure of Tai
-
Pokémon Soul Silver

September-25-2013 A legacy begins

Well, since I just got back into playing Pokemon on the DS I have decided to start with... Pokemon Soul Silver.

I begin the game with a strange man asking me strange questions...

My Name is Tai, I am a young boy with black hair, a cool yellow and black hat and a red jumper. I live in New Bark Town, I have no idea where Old Bark Town is.

I am sitting in front of my computer, it's a laptop I just finished raiding on WoW.

I run down stairs and my mother traps me in a corner telling me I am awake, she gives me some menu options.

I leave the house and a Marill corner's me it exlcaims and runs back to it's trainer.

I walk into the fancy looking lab and the bald guy tells me to walk with pokemon and gives me a choice of 3 spectacular pokemon and tells me that I need to meet a Mr. Pokemon.

I choose Totodile and name it "Teeth" since it has a powerful jaw. As soon as we leave the screen it pops out and jumps behind me.

Dr. Elm says some jibberish I try to leave when a guy gives me potions .

As soon as I leave that stereotypical friend gives me a friendship speech before telling me to see my...

MOTHER

She gives me my phone that she expects me to use.

I am about to leave the town when suddenly... a wierd man is standing at the window looking into the lab, I think he has gingeritus.

Adventure is nigh I begin my destiny into route 29

PairFriend Code
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Tombo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
I just dropped my DS on the floor so I have lost saved progress which sucks, I guess it is a reminder for me to save regularly.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

As I sit to pen this, it is snack time for my current team. We spent the better half of the last hour in Hearthome city making manifold flavors of Poffin. We're not serious about contests, but we do enjoy participating occasionally. My last team had an Articuno named Kouri who was well on her way to winning the master rank, but that's irrelevant.
We had a conversation during snack time about the Elite Four. I recalled that with my first team, it was very difficult. My Empoleon Poseidon did pretty much all the work. He was around lv.70 and almost everyone else was less than level 50. I still think it's a miracle that I won.
Anyway, we're nowhere near that point yet. Everyone's still less than lv.30. We have a full team now though, which is a step. This is the lineup:

Clyde the (shiny) Gligar lv.27

Griknot (pronounced GREE-no, it's French for Gible) the Gabite (eventually Garchomp) lv.28

Bea the Nidoqueen lv.27

Nick the Nidoking lv.27

Lucille the Rotom lv.27

Nolan the Drifblim lv.28

We're nowhere near getting our gold ranks (our term for beating the Elite Four) yet, but we've been making a solid effort. Everyone's getting along great, and training hasn't been too difficult yet. Snack time's about over, time to do a little more training, and maybe a contest or too.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo

Last edited by AkameTheBulbasaur; November 26th, 2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:04 PM
White Mage
Probably alive
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid

Keyblade's Pearl Adventure

So I just decided, with Pokemon Bank/Transporter being released soon, I should begin to collect Pokemon from past generations that I can trade to Black/White to be transferred to X and Y. And what better game to start with than Pearl? Platinum would make for a faster playthrough, but I'm also replaying Pearl for the nostalgia.Without further ado, let's get this started.

-----

The journey begins with Prof. Rowan asking me basic questions, although he really should be able to tell my gender by now.

I start in my room. I have a Wii there. I should upgrade it to a Wii U soon. Walking downstairs, my mother tells me that Barry is looking for me. Apparently it's an emergency.

I leave my house and go meet Barry at his house. He makes the decision for us to go Lake Verity to catch a legendary Pokemon. I don't own any Pokemon of my own, so that's definitely not happening. Then he threatens me with a 10 million dollar fine if I'm late. That jerk...

At the lake, Prof. Rowan and his assistant Dawn are just leaving. They leave behind a briefcase by accident. Checking it out, Barry and I are attacked by Starly! Somehow, the case pops open, revealing three Pokeballs. I choose one at random and send out a Chimchar to fight off the Starly.

Afterwards, Barry and I visit Sandgem Town to return the Pokemon. Instead, Rowan gives us the Pokemon and a Pokedex, telling us to catch every Pokemon ever. Yeah right.

Dawn teaches me how to catch a Pokemon, which I thought was common knowledge among trainers these days, and I catch a Shinx.

Spiral

Sparx

to be continued...

Old December 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
EB
Re: World
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
So I decided to restart my HG version last night since I'd traded all its pokemon to another game anyway. SO GUESS WHAT MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WAS.

Spoiler:

Soon after my disbelief faded, I was flooded with dread:

NO POKEBALLS YET.

I literally sat for five whole minutes in mental agony. To rub salt in the wound, this was reminiscent of my first ever shiny in Gold version years ago. Oh, what could have been.

*dies in corner*
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Tombo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
I'm playing Platinum, I recently caught Giratina and now I am capturing Uxie.

I have a Porygon 2 and now I have the dubious disc I can upgrade him to Porygon Z so I will do that soon.

I am also preparing for the eighth gym which is my next thing to do :D

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:53 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious

Pokemon Platinum - Mark's Attempt

My team:

Today:

Went to Iron Island and met with Riley.

Found a Shiny Stone and used it on Togetic to evolve into Togekiss.

Went to Route 215 and picked TM34 (Shock Wave) and taught it to Togekiss.

Went to Move Tutor and taught Togekiss Sky Attack & Aura Sphere.

Went training for the 6th gym in Canalave -- Byron.

While training in Iron Island -- I was about to rage. GOLBATS SPAM WITH CONFUSE RAAAAAAY D:<

omega.
No information yet.
Old June 15th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Sven

I just caught Giratina. Distortion World has to be one of my favorite places in all Pokemon games. It was fairly easy, but so interesting, completely different from everything I've seen in POkemon games up until now.
Whole animation, wandering Cynthia/ Lake Trio and Cyrus, really felt alive, mysterious...just awesome.

My current team is

Noctowl lvl 49 (he turned out to be one piece of work, awesome Pokemon)

Empoleon lvl 48 or so (This guy can take literally anything, like a tank)

Luxray lvl 40+ (I really like this guy)

Mamoswine lvl 39 or so (one of my new favorite Pokemons, I really like it, how it looks, his attacks, and whats up with that speed lmao, awesomeness)

Gliscor lvl 30+ (I finally got him just recently and taught him Earthquake, killer combo, love this guy)

6th was supposed to be Buizel but I replaced him with Gabite. Now he is in PC cos I needed my almighty Rhyhorn the HM slave, but now I am rethinking which Pokemon to put as my 6th one, seeing how hard it is to raise Gabite.

Anyway, Im loving this game. About 50 hours of gameplay and counting :D
Old June 19th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon
Legends of Meteor Falls

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon
So I just started my new game on SoulSilver.
Character: Shiro - ♂ - Age: 13

My adventure starts in New Bark Town, where I was woken up at an early time to get to Prof. Elm's lab. When I was going in, I noticed a red-haired boy staring in through the windows. He was muttering to himself... Weird guy, I tell ya. Prof. Elm wanted me to carry a Pokémon with him, so he pointed me towards the machine holding 3 Pokéballs, an eager grin on his face. I chose Totodile.

Updated team:
Totodile - Lv 5 - ♂ - Umi

Before I left the lab, Elm asked me if I could go find out what his friend Mr. Pokémon was raving about this time. He had received the email before I came, and he had decided that this would be the perfect way to start my adventure in the Johto region. So I reluctantly agreed. When I left the lab, Lyra and her Marill came to greet me. With a brief chat, she left. She kinda creeps me out, if you catch my drift? I dropped into my house to let my mom know I was leaving. I told her I'd be back in a few days (she'd worry, either way, especially since a few days was kinda vague). She gave me my PokéGear and saw me off with a smile. I got Prof. Elm's number before I headed into Rt. 29. The trek to Cherrygrove City was not as hard as I thought it would be. I was rather surprised. After a good night's rest in the PokéCenter, I headed out the next morning, travelling into Rt. 30. I passed a house as I headed up. I thought it might be Mr. Pokémon's house, so I went inside. A bald man greeted me, too eager and happy that I visited his humble abode. He was not Mr. Pokémon, I decided as the creep handed me an Apricorn Box. I dashed out before he could say anything else. I continued heading up Rt. 30, when I finally reached another house. This better be it, I thought bitterly. I opened the door and headed inside...

Updated Team:
Totodile - Lv 7 - ♂ - Umi

To be continued... TOMORROW on 6/20/14

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 19th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Sven

I've beaten Elite four in Platinum finally! I made a special topic about it on Pokemon Gaming general so you can check it out if you want. Im gonna slowly fill up the pokedex and do the extra staff, seems like there's quite a lot of it to do :D
Old June 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon
Legends of Meteor Falls

Continued from Last Time...
Soul Silver

I opened the door and headed inside Mr. Pokémon's house. Immediately an older man ran up to me, nearly slamming his hip into the corner of his desk. "You must be Shiro! It was I who sent the mail to Prof. Elm. Here, let me get it for you," he said, and I was surprised how he could finish all that in one breath. He pulled me towards the seat on the other side of his desk. I eyed the other old man by Mr. Pokémon's desk. Was that the world famous Prof. Oak?! Mr. Pokémon walked back over to me, carefully holding an egg in his hands. "This is what I'd like Prof. Elm to look at. Prof. Elm is the best man for this!" he exclaimed. Slowly the other gramps stood up from his seat. He came over to me, more slowly than Mr. Pokémon had. "And with that, let me introduce myself. I am Pro-" "You ARE Prof. Oak! Dear Arceus and all that is holy!!" I squealed, happy to have met this amazing man. I sounded like a teenage girl. Prof. Oak blinked at me a few times. "Yes, yes. Anyways, now that that is all covered, I am going to give you this," he handed me a red device. "This is a Pokédex. It automatically records the data of Pokémon you've seen and caught. Its a high-tech encyclopedia!" I grinned in excitement. "I should be heading back to Goldenrod. I hope to see you again, Shiro." And with that, Prof. Oak left the house. I looked back over to Mr. Pokémon. He looked upset to have been forgotten so easily. "Anyways, I hope you are careful with this on your travels back to New Bark Town," he said, handing me the egg. I nodded and took my leave as well. As soon as I exited the building, my PokéGear begun to ring like crazy. I answered it, "Hel-" "Oh! Its terrible! Its horrible! You have to get back here! Come back right now, Shiro!!" It was Prof. Elm. I sighed, replying, "Yes, yes, Prof. Elm. I'll come back."

Updated Team:
totodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48vg.gifTotodile - Lv 8 - ♂ - Umi

As I left Cherrygrove City, a guy with red hair ran into me. "Hey! Watch where you're going, dude!" I yelled. Hey.... wait a second.... wasn't this the creep who was peering into Prof. Elm's lab before? "Hmph, you have a Pokémon from the lab? That Pokémon is too good for you," he sneered, I begun to retort, but he continued, "Don't you get what I'm saying? Well, whatever. I too have a great Pokémon. What, don't believe me? Then let's battle!"

With some nicely placed Scratches, Umi was able to defeat this red-head's Chikorita. He must've stolen it from the lab, I deduced. So that must be what Prof. Elm was all worked up about. The boy scowled and put his Chikorita back into its ball. "Hmph! You want to know who I am? I'm going to become the greatest Pokémon trainer in the world!" he said before taking off. He didn't make it far, when he noticed he had dropped his Trainer Card. I picked it up off the ground and read his name out loud, "Gin, huh?" He made an angry sound while snatching it out of my hands. This time, he took off for real. I laughed lightly at his anger. He was kinda fun to anger. I headed back to Prof. Elm's lab. When I entered, a policeman looked at me. "Rule Number One! Whoever did it will come back to the crime. So you must be the one who did it?!" he declared. I blinked. That rule was totally bogus. There was no way that the boy would come back to New Bark Town. "No! It wasn't him!" Lyra shouted as she barged into the lab. "There was a red-haired boy who was looking into the lab." "Besides, I already got my Totodile. Why would I steal the Chikorita. I battled the boy who stole him," I said calmly. "You battled him? What was his name?" the policeman asked. I almost felt like covering for Gin and just pursue him myself, but I didn't feel like lying to the law today. "According to the Trainer Card I nearly stole, his name is Gin. It didn't have his last name." "Okay. Your information has helped. I must go investigate this red-haired individual," he said dutifully as he left.

After the mayhem had died down. I handed Prof. Elm the colorful egg. "So this was what he wanted to show me?" he asked, taking it. He was a lot gentler than Mr. Pokémon, but, of course, Mr. Pokémon was a crazy and eccentric nuttcase and Prof. Elm was professional... sometimes. "I'll check this egg out, then. My, Shiro, you and your Totodile look like you've grown a lot. Why don't you take the Gym Challenge? Who knows, you might even become the Champion! Or not, haha. Its not that easy. It takes a lot of work, but I think you can do it," he said, smiling at me. Then, he noticed the Pokédex that decided that now was the perfect time to nearly pop out of my bag. "Is that a Pokédex?!" he shouted, moving now to carefully put the egg down. Ah, he was going to go crazy, wasn't he? He was going to go all fangirly on me (hey, don't point out that I did it too, we're not going to mention that!). "Did Prof. Oak give you that? Oh gee, you are so lucky! He can see the potential in young trainers! Ah, I knew you were special. Haha, one of my neighbors is noticed by Prof. Oak. Haha! I must be pretty special too, then!" he said. He was laughing like a mad man. "Uh, sure. Whatever you say, man," I muttered. He seemed to calm down after a good ten minutes (by this time, I felt like leaving). He informed me that the next gym was in Violet City. I left when he started rambling about Prof. Oak again.

Lyra and her Marill met me out on Rt. 29. "Hey, I'm going to teach you how to catch a Pokémon. You better watch carefully!" she announced. After the annoying lesson (I already knew how to catch a Pokémon, but I might as well humor the girl), Lyra handed me 5 Pokéballs, "Here you go. Now you can catch Pokémon too!" I thanked her and we parted ways.

I had heard you could catch Spearow in the small accessible area in Rt. 46. You could get there through the gate in the Northern part of the route I was currently in. I headed into the grass and searched the area. Finally, I ran into what I wanted.

Updated Team:
totodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48vg.gifTotodile - Lv 9 - ♂ - Umi
spearow_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48z1.gifSpearow - Lv 3 - ♂ - Kumomaru

After that was all done, I passed through Cherrygrove City again and then into Rt. 30. I had some trainer battles with some random guys with lame Pokémon. A boy name Joey demanded I give him my number, and I ran quickly away while Umi sprayed water in his face. Rt. 30 faded into Rt. 31. I ran into a Bellsprout, and I caught it, knowing how good it would be to have a Grass-type eventually (or at least I damn hoped so).

Updated Team:
totodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48vg.gifTotodile - Lv 10 - ♂ - Umi
spearow_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48z1.gifSpearow - Lv 5 - ♂ - Kumomaru
bellsprout_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43be.gifBellsprout - Lv 3 - ♀ - Futaba

When I saw the gates to Violet City, I cried in joy.

To be continued... TOMORROW on 6/21/14

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 21st, 2014, 09:06 AM
Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon
Legends of Meteor Falls

Continued from Last Time…
Soul Silver

Entering Violet City, I immediately headed to the Pokémon Center. I healed up my hardy team of 3. I heard that the Violet City Gym was a Flying-type Gym, and you could catch Mareep in the route below the city, Rt. 32. It took me a while to find the Wool Pokémon, but when I did, I was really happy. She was adorable!! I sent out Umi against her because I knew that she didn’t know any Electric-type moves yet. Umi was careful in weakening her. I threw a Premier Ball at her (I had bought 10 Pokéballs, and this was my prize). It wiggled, but I caught her.

Updated Team:
totodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48vg.gif Totodile – Lv 11 - ♂ - Umi
spearow_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48z1.gif Spearow – Lv 7 - ♂ - Kumomaru
bellsprout_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43be.gif Bellsprout – Lv 4 - ♀ - Futaba
mareep_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49bw.gif Mareep – Lv 6 - ♀ - Oritsu

After I was done that, and I had healed my team again, I went to the Pokémon Gym. A man stood on a platform. Was he the Gym Leader…? No, that couldn’t be right. “Hey champ in the making. Sorry, Falkner isn’t here. While you’re waiting, why don’t you head over to the Sprout Tower and take a try at the challenge?” he said. I sighed. Greeeeeeeeeeeat. I nodded at him and left the Gym, disappointed. I headed to the Pokémon Center to wait until nighttime. I heard you could catch Gastly in the Sprout Tower at night. When the sun had set and the moon had risen, I picked up my stuff and headed to the Sprout Tower. I looked up at the building, and a shiver went down my spine. The tower was swaying!! Was it really stable enough for me to go in?! I headed inside, biting the inside of my cheeks. There were a lot of people in here, though. Some of the monks watched the tower’s center beam sway. I had heard a legend that the Sprout Tower’s central beam was a very tall Bellsprout. It was probably not true, but it would explain why they worshipped Bellsprout. I headed towards the stairs leading to the next floor. Before I went up, a monk said to me, “Good luck, and keep faith.” I nodded, mumbling something about crazy bald people. I hoped he didn’t hear me, though. Up on the second floor, I looked around. A lot of Rattatta scurried around, but I ignored them, searching for a Gastly to make my own. Finally, the Gas Pokémon made its appearance. I fought him with Kumomaru because he was part Normal-type and thus unaffected by Gastly’s Ghost-type moves. Kumomaru pecked at the big gas ball, and it seemed to weaken. I threw a ball at it, and it barely shook before I caught it.

Updated Team:
totodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48vg.gif Totodile – Lv 11 - ♂ - Umi
spearow_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48z1.gif Spearow – Lv 8 - ♂ - Kumomaru
bellsprout_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43be.gif Bellsprout – Lv 5 - ♀ - Futaba
mareep_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49bw.gif Mareep – Lv 6 - ♀ - Oritsu
gastly_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49m3.gif Gastly – Lv 5 - ♂ - Seishen

After many battles with the monks in Sprout Tower (I swear, I hated those monks. I didn’t hate Bellsprout because my Futaba was awesome, but I hated their Bellsprout), I reached the top. Hey! Was that Gin? I was about to yell out to him until I noticed the Elder was speaking with him. “You are indeed good, but you should take better care of your Pokémon,” he said. Gin scoffed, disgusted. He walked away before he noticed me. He grumbled, “Hmph, he calls himself the Elder, but he was no match for my Pokémon. I won’t battle you this time, Shiro.” He left using the Magical Teleportation Rope. I walked up to the Elder, wondering if he was still up for a battle after getting his butt kicked by my red-headed pal (he would never admit to being my friend, but I loved tormenting him so much. I gained a sick sadistic pleasure from seeing his anger). The old monk looked up to me. “Are you here to test your power?” he asked. I nodded, petting Kumomaru’s ball. He probably used a Bellsprout, I imagined. Kumomaru could win, then. “Yeah. Are you willing to battle? I noticed Gin was just here,” I said. I wanted to battle him, but I might as well fake some sincerity for the pops. He smiled at me, “You are kind. I am ready, though. Lets battle!” I beat him a little to easily. Kumomaru beat his two Bellsprout, and Oritsu beat his Hoothoot with her newly learned ThunderShock. The Elder seemed happy, though, despite his loss. “Your Pokémon and you work well together. They seem to like your company. Here, take this Technical Machine. It contains Flash. May it illuminate your way,” he said. He handed me the TM 70. I took it. “I hope you win at your gym battle, Shiro.” I smiled and waved him good-bye. I could have easily used a Magical Teleportation Rope, but I opted out because those things made you spin, and I got motion sickness pretty easily. I healed up my Pokémon and headed towards the Gym.

To be continued… TOMORROW ON 6/22

Old June 21st, 2014, 02:36 PM
Sven

Ermahgerd!!!! Look what I got today!

My first real chaining, awesomeness!
Old June 22nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon
Legends of Meteor Falls

Soul Silver

I had headed to the Gym, but before I even reached the door, I started to yawn. What time was it? I checked my PokéGear. Ugh, it was 1 am. I decided I’d head to the Gym in the afternoon when I was awake and my Pokémon had rested. That afternoon, I went into the Gym, opening those grand door. “Hey champ in the making, ready for some tips? Violet City’s gym leader, Falkner, uses Flying-type Pokémon. They are super weak to Rock and Electric-type moves. Be careful, though. Grass and Bug-type Pokémon don’t stand a chance against them. You ready? Then head up the platform and beat the two Gym Trainers to reach Falkner, the Elegant Master of Flying Pokémon!” he said. He was sure up-beat. I thanked him and headed up the platform. It shot up into the air to reach the arena that my Gym challenge would take place in. I beat the two trainers so easily, using both Umi and Oritsu. Seishen and Futaba sat these battles out. Futaba was weak to Flying-type, and Seishen only knew Ghost-type moves, which wouldn’t affect the Flying-type Pokémon’s secondary type, Normal. Kumomaru made an appearance in one battle, too. Finally, I came face to face with the blue haired man who I knew was Violet City’s Gym Leader. Falkner smiled at me, “I am Falkner. I use the elegant Flying-type Pokémon. People say that a bolt of electricity can clip the wings of these birds. Well, I won’t take such insults to my pride and joy! Are you ready, challenger?!” I nodded. “Sure am. My name is Shiro from New Bark Town,” I stated. The judge stood between us. “May the battle begin. Challenger Shiro from New Bark Town vs Falkner, Violet City’s Gym Master,” he announced.

Updated Team:
Totodile – Lv 13 - ♂ - Umi
spearow_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48z1.gif Spearow – Lv 10 - ♂ - Kumomaru
bellsprout_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43be.gif Bellsprout – Lv 6 - ♀ - Futaba
mareep_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49bw.gif Mareep – Lv 10 - ♀ - Oritsu
gastly_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49m3.gif Gastly – Lv 6 - ♂ - Seishen

I sent out Umi first. I wanted to save Oritsu for Falkner’s more troubling Pokémon. Falkner sent out a Pidgey. The thing flew around Umi’s head, ready for battle. “UMI, USE WATER GUN!” I ordered. Umi aimed at the Tiny Bird Pokémon, and a stream of water shot out of his mouth. Part of the torrent hit Pidgey, and it faltered in its movements. “Shake it off, Pidgey! Use Sand-Attack!” Falkner demanded. The Pidgey scratched sand into Umi’s eyes, lowering his accuracy. I frown. “Umi, use another Water Gun!” I said. This spray, despite the sand in his eyes, was a direct hit, soaking the bird’s wings and keeping him grounded. “Use Tackle!” the Gym Leader told his bird. It launched itself at Umi, and Umi was hit, unable to avoid it because the sand was bothering him. “One more Water Gun should do it, Umi! I believe in you!” Umi gave a war cry and shot a large stream of water at Falkner’s Pidgey. It gave a shudder before fainting. “Good job, Pidgey. Take a rest,” Falkner said. Before the Gym Leader could send out his next Pokémon, I withdrew Umi. I smiled at him through his Pokéball. I threw my Pokéball just as Falkner threw his. “Go Oritsu/Pidgeotto!” we shouted at the same time. My Mareep gave a happy cry, the electricity rippling through her wool. The Pidgeotto cooed. “Pidgeotto, use Gust, quickly!” its owner demanded. “Hit it with a Thunder Shock, Oritsu, before it can attack,” I said. Oritsu charged up her attack, and before the Bird Pokémon could launch its attack, it was hit with her shocking attack. The Pidgeotto faltered before shaking it off. It was obviously hurt from that. “Oritsu, paralyze it with Thunder Wave!” I shouted. “Pidgeotto, use Roost!” The Pidgeotto settled down, healing some health. Oritsu’s Thunder Wave hit just then, paralyzing the bird. “Shake it off, Pidgeotto. Use Gust!” Falkner ordered. “Oritsu, another Thunder Shock! End it!” I shouted. The Pidgeotto tried to obey its owner’s order, but the paralysis was holding it still. Oritsu’s powerful Thunder Shock. The Pidgeotto fell down, fainted. Falkner sighed. “You won fair and square, Shiro. Here is the Zephyr badge. It allows traded Pokémon up to Lv 20 obey you no matter what. You can also use the Hidden Move Rock Smash outside of battle. Here, this is from me. It is TM 51, and it contains Roost. It heals a Flying-type Pokémon’s health and takes away its Flying-type for that turn,” he said, handing me the shiny Zephyr badge. “If you are looking for the next Gym to challenge, I suggest heading to Azalea Town. Head down to Rt. 32, pass through the Union Cave, and come out in Rt. 33. Head West from there and you’ll come upon Slowpoke Well. You’ll see Azalea Town from there.” He smiled and waved as I left the Gym. As soon as I was out the door, my PokéGear started ringing, giving off the ringtone for Prof. Elm. I sighed. Ugh, what this time?

Updated Team:
Totodile – Lv 14 - ♂ - Umi
spearow_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48z1.gif Spearow – Lv 10 - ♂ - Kumomaru
bellsprout_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43be.gif Bellsprout – Lv 6 - ♀ - Futaba
mareep_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49bw.gif Mareep – Lv 12 - ♀ - Oritsu
gastly_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49m3.gif Gastly – Lv 6 - ♂ - Seishen

Badges:
Zephyr_Badge.png

To be continued… TOMORROW ON 6/23

Old June 24th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon
Legends of Meteor Falls

Soul Silver

My PokéGear sang the song of its people, and I saw that it was Prof. Elm. It better be important… I answered, “Hello, this is Shiro. What is it, Prof.?” I could practically hear the excitement in the older man’s voice as he said, “Hey, hey, Shiro, we were thinking you could carry that egg with you. They say an egg hatches faster when a trainer carries it around. I can’t give you the details on the egg just yet, but you should carry it.” I sighed, massaging my temples. I guess I’d carry it until I got my 6th party member. “Sure, why the hell not,” I mumbled. Prof. Elm practically squealed. I groaned at his excitement. “So where can I go pick this thing up at? I’m not heading back to you. I’m interested in heading off to Azalea Town for my next gym badge,” I asked. Prof. Elm’s grin was almost evident in his voice, “My assistant is waiting for you in the PokéMart. You can go get it from him.” My eyes narrowed. “You already assumed I’d say yes?” Prof. Elm laughed nervously. “Ahahaha, anyways, I should get going. Thanks, Shiro! Let me know when it hatches, okay?” I sighed and gave him the affirmative as he hung up. I took a stop at the Pokémon Center first, and then I made my way to the PokéMart. When I opened the door to the blue roofed building, the man I knew as one of the professor’s assistants waved at me. “Heeeey Shiro. So you did say yes!” he called. I walked over to him. “Yeah, yeah. Anyways, can I get that egg from you so I can start my way towards Azalea?” I said, holding out my hands with the ‘gimme gimme’ motion. He sighed, depressed that I didn’t want to hear his story. He handed me the egg. It was colorful, I noted, actually studying it this time. I waved at the assistant and left him in a hurry. As I headed out the door, a woman dressed as a geisha came up to me. “Oh, so you hold the egg now. Ah, I see, so it was handed from Mr. Pokémon to Professor Elm and from Professor Elm to you. Please take care of that egg; its very important,” she said, giving me no time to speak in between. I nodded dumbly. “Uh, sure lady. I’ll take care of it until I get my 6th team member,” I said. She gracefully bowed to me before leaving me, heading down the way I was going to go. I waited until I was sure I wouldn’t run into her again before making my way down to Rt. 32, the route I had caught Oritsu in. As I was walking down, staring at my map as I did, a man stopped me. “Hey traveler! Oh, I see that is Violet City’s gym badge. You must be a strong trainer. Here, I’ll give you this as a memento of Violet City. It’s a Miracle Seed. It powers up Grass-type moves,” he said. I took it, thanking him. I ran away from him, worried that he might be some creepy mass murderer that I didn’t know about. I headed further into the route, battling trainers as I went. Soon, though, Oritsu began to glow. What was this? Was she evolving?!

Updated Team:
totodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48vg.gif Totodile – Lv 15 - ♂ - Umi
Spearow – Lv 13 - ♂ - Kumomaru
bellsprout_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43be.gif Bellsprout – Lv 10 - ♀ - Futaba
Flaaffy – Lv 15 - ♀ - Oritsu
Gastly – Lv 11 - ♂ - Seishen
Togepi_Egg_Sprite.png Egg - ???

My Mareep had evolved into a Flaaffy! I was so happy. I hugged her, and she gave a happy cry, wrapping her stubby arms around my arm. I giggled. We continued down Rt. 32, towards Union Cave. We came upon a house where the sign said “Free healings to weary travelers!” I let the woman heal my Pokémon. When I left the house, a rather large man spoke to me, scaring the living daylights out of me, “Hey, would you like to buy a Slowpoke tail? I’ll sell you one for only $9999999! They are tasty and delicious!” I gagged, pushing him away. “No thank you. Even if I had that much money, I wouldn’t even think of it,” I said, grossed out. I left him there. I reached Union Cave. I stared at the entrance. It looked like it could crumble any moment. Well, here goes nothing, I thought, entering the dark cave.

Badges:
Zephyr_Badge.png

To be continued… TOMORROW ON 6/25!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 3datelierpsy1_11.gif‎ (111.3 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old June 24th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Blazikong

Nature: Modest
My brother just beat the second gym leader in Pokemon Platinum. He felt so proud of himself.

Sponsored Links