The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old April 17th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

^ Like I said in PM I can help.

@ Harvey_Create

PM me
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:23 PM
warox
Unhatched Egg

i love this following script :D! only thing is that im having a hard time getting pokemons to switch with the press of a button like in the old version lol
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
akane159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1234 View Post
Just to tell you this code does not work. I just tested it and got this:
---------------------------
Pokemon Enexta
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval)in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant Interpreter::Talkative

***Full script:

Talkative

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\RON III\Saved Games/Pokemon Enexta/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

i have the same problem, you only have to do is this

change
Quote:
def Talkative
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
end
For this
Quote:
def pbTalkactive
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
end
and the commont event change (call script)
Quote:
Talkative
for
Quote:
pbTalkactive
:D!
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:29 AM
raduban
Unhatched Egg

can someone explain in a little more detail what to do after setting up the scripts and how the common event is created?

Last edited by raduban; April 28th, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:16 PM
akane159

@raduban to create a common event just go to "database" common event and there are some empty space named TalkToPokemon you put in the white box then choose the option to call this script and place it "pbTalkactive" (pbTalkactive if you changed the end of the script talkative to pbTalkactive)

I need some help on this, when I talk to my pokemon, animations are not displayed (love / hate / poison / etc) anyone know why?
and add the animation with the same name, and nothing happens
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
heitres

I want to adapt this script to my project, sinc emy project uses the Pokémon Essentials that was release in december of 2012, the version number 11 to be more exactly. How can I adapt this script? Some1 could me explain? Or create some tutorial? Sorry if I am bother you, but here I need help. I want to try to make this optional, everytime the player wants to put his pokemon outside then he/her is free to do so, but the player can make his/her pokemon inside of the pokeball, like ti is in pokeMMO for example. Sorry to waste your time
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM
bartyboy6

none of these dropbox links seem to work

Exception: NameError

Message: uninitialized constant DependentEvents::Current_Following_Variable

Pokemon Following Characters:61:in `refresh_sprite'

PokemonParty:1995:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonParty:1897:in `loop'

PokemonParty:2024:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonPauseMenu:173:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games/Pokemon Lunar Version/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Last edited by bartyboy6; May 13th, 2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
akane159

hi men , look i find this bug, when you lose a battle, i mean when all your pokemon die and show up in the CP, your pokemon will cease to follow after they are cured, do not appear , but only happens when all your pokemon die, now if there is at least one live and priests if they appear
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane159 View Post
hi men , look i find this bug, when you lose a battle, i mean when all your pokemon die and show up in the CP, your pokemon will cease to follow after they are cured, do not appear , but only happens when all your pokemon die, now if there is at least one live and priests if they appear
I'm pretty sure this is known. You just have to add the following line again in Pokemon Centers, but only in the autorun page that happens when you die. Just throw in pbPokemonFollow(x) and have a blank event there
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:40 PM
akane159

thx men that help me a lot xD, but now I have this problem, when I add the script, activates the surf in the water, without a pokemon have learned the technique surf , you speak only in the water and asks if you want to surf if you selec yes, it begins to surf, do i not know why this happens, and also from talking to your pokemon do not appear the animations, emoticons and I have created in the database at the animation with the same names that are in the script
Old May 16th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane159 View Post
thx men that help me a lot xD, but now I have this problem, when I add the script, activates the surf in the water, without a pokemon have learned the technique surf , you speak only in the water and asks if you want to surf if you selec yes, it begins to surf, do i not know why this happens, and also from talking to your pokemon do not appear the animations, emoticons and I have created in the database at the animation with the same names that are in the script
First problem: This is normal in essentials. If you are playing in debug mode you can use HMs without badges. If you try in the normal game file you won't be able to do this.

Emoticons: Are the correct graphics in the folder Graphics/Animations? If you put the emotion animations in the database are their numbers in the database matching the numbers you put for them in Settings Script?
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:07 AM
heitres

Some1 can tell me how can I install this script in pokemon essentials v11?
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Follow the instructions exactly as they say. Trust me it works.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:50 PM
akane159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
First problem: This is normal in essentials. If you are playing in debug mode you can use HMs without badges. If you try in the normal game file you won't be able to do this.

Emoticons: Are the correct graphics in the folder Graphics/Animations? If you put the emotion animations in the database are their numbers in the database matching the numbers you put for them in Settings Script?
thnx , i only have to change the numbers in the settings script , but the animation when the pokemon comes out of the pokeball or when or stored in the pokeball not shown and i change the numbers in the settings , and nothing happens

and when i heal to a pokemon in the pokemon center does not disappear when the nurse removed my pokemon (always stays by my side)
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:15 AM
heitres

Well, that was already fixed, what a dumb that I am xD

Last edited by heitres; June 3rd, 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Aljen

Zingzags, can you help me to show all 6 pokemon outside the map not only the first one?
<sorry for my bad english, I'm from VietNam> ==
Ah, I got an error with pbWait in pokemon follow script,and I deleted all the pbWait(), does anything can go wrong with it?
Message: Section153:203:in `talk_to_pokemon'undefined method `pbWAit' for #<DependentEvents:0xbc23208>
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
Hey there! -w-

I've got a quick question. When picking your starter, what is the command to initiate the Pokemon following you? I can't seem to remember.

EDIT: I found the code!

Last edited by Ęℓαчиıı; July 6th, 2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Found the script.
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

So does this still work, since it was 2012, and all the graphics file locations are dead...?
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
Yes, it works.

Mine is a bit jumpy when the Pokémon move, but it still works. I'm not too sure if it is supposed to be like that, but eh. :\ Do you need the graphics, Nickaloose?
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Yes I do, if you have them
On another note, I'm not sure I can get this to work... But I'll keep playing with it anyway, but the graphics of emotions is all I need since I'll edit what files it's going to use anyway
Thanks.
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hounriom

Nature: Lonely
Umm... Someone can send me the graphics please? The links don't work, the page showed me "error 404". I really want use this script. :c
 じしf_, )ノ This is Kitty. Copy Kitty to your signature to help her achieve the world domination.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Shiny Hilbert

Nature: Jolly
Hi can someone port this to pokemon fire red?
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Hilbert View Post
Hi can someone port this to pokemon fire red?
Trying to convert a system from RPG Maker XP to a ROM is nearly impossible. You'd have better luck trying to figure out the code from scratch.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

I've been getting this error when trying to talk to my pokemon. Everything else works perfectly except that...I've searched through this thread since other pople have the same issue it seems but none of the solutions help..Any ideas?
http://snag.gy/4vAcm.jpg
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM
aegisrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayuya of the Sound Four View Post
I've been getting this error when trying to talk to my pokemon. Everything else works perfectly except that...I've searched through this thread since other pople have the same issue it seems but none of the solutions help..Any ideas?
http://snag.gy/4vAcm.jpg

Tayuta, i found the solution of your problem!! :D

The solution if that you dont have defined the Emoticons icons spritesheet, i happens the same to me, and when i defined then it WORKS!!

If you dont know how to do this, send me a PM with your mail and i will send you the solution!!

Regards

Aegis
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links