• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystic Melodies - A Psychic-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
pxzAF8y.png
tumblr_lzj1benCUM1qlzwjqo1_500.png

╰☆╮Mystic Melodies is a club focuses around the Psychic-Type Pokemon. Psychic types are normally not very defensive, but seem to have the best Attack bonuses, making them good sweepers. They also tend to have great move pools making them the most diverse Pokemon.╰☆╮

Rules:
1. Follow All PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Don't spam, troll or harass other members.
3. Try and stay active and post about the Weekly Topic we will have.
4. Make sure you pick a Partner Pokemon to tag along with you during your stay at the club!
5. Have fun!

Point System:
I thought it'd be cool to implement a point system so see who some of the veterans are in the club.
Joining the Club= 5 Points
Each Post= 2 Points
Creating a User bar or banner that's good= 10 Points
Helping someone out= 3 Points
Suggesting new Weekly Topics= 2 Points.

Ranks:

Elite 4 Champion - 100 Points
Elite 4 Member - 75 Points
Gym Leader - 50 Points
Strong Trainer - 25 Points
Regular Trainer - 10 Points
Weak Trainer - 5 Points

Sign-Up Form:
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Partner Pokemon Nick-Name:
Reason for Joining:
Answer the current topic:

Members List:

Owner:

Gfx - Tank the Metagross
376.gif

Elite 4 Champions:

Elite 4 Members:

Gym Leaders:

Strong Trainers:

Regular Trainers:

Weak Trainers:
Jellicentfan1- Cosmo the Starmie
121.png

CloysterOyster - Espeon
196.gif

AlexOzzyCake - Curse the Bronzong
437.gif

Narnia - Girafarig
203.png.png

Cirno - Natu
177.png

DarkEmeraldRarity - Gripper the Reuniclus
579.png

Userbars:

-Current Topic-
What Psychic Pokemon do you feel is the strongest?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Partner: Starmie
Partner Nickname: Cosmo
Reason for joining:

I have always been a huge fan of Psychic types, so why not? There are so many that are extremely powerful and are always a valuable asset to not only my in-game teams but the teams I use competitively as well. I even have a Psychic mono teams that was very successful and even helped me win a tournament. Some of my favorite Psychic types are Bronzong, Jynx, Exeggutor, Azelf, the Latis, and Xatu. However I am really a fan of them all except Jirachi who is probably my last favorite. Starmie is my top Psychic Pokemon though and that is why I chose it as a partner. It is so well designed and one of the best to use in battle with access to a wide variety of powerful moves and access to Rapid Spin. I use it on all of my teams because it is invaluable.

Answer to current topic:

Mewtwo. I think that it is clear cut who is the most powerful here. There aren't many Pokemon that can compete with this guy and certainly no other Psychic types that can.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Espeon
Reason for joining: I love Psychic-types, one of the strongest out there. I even used to have Espeon, Lugia and a few other good Psychic Pokemon
Answer the current topic: I still think Mewtwo is (rivaled by Mew), even though strong Psychic-types like Lugia, Deoxys, Metagross, etc. have been made since Generation I. Mewtwo was practically unstoppable in the first Pokemon movie, and was strong in the games as well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
HOW COOL IS MEOWSTIC OMG.

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Bronzong
Partner Pokemon Nick-Name: Curse
Reason for Joining: Psychic has most of the interesting Pokémon, there are so many unique and quirky Psychic-types but they all fit the theme so darn well. Especially Bronzong, I adore that hunk of steel ♥

For the topic I'm going to ignore ubers (because Mewtwo = god of Psychic-types, let's be honest) and stick to the 'regular' Pokémon. I think the strongest is probably either Alakazam or Starmie - whilst the former is more powerful the latter is a better battler so if we're going based on pure power I'll say Alakazam but if we're going on how good they are in battle I'll choose the pretty star. I wish Bronzong was better because it's just such a cool Pokémon but alas I think it's destined to stick with the UU tier, especially with Steel now being non-resistant to Dark/Ghost attacks.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Username: jellicentfan1
Reason for joining:

I have always been a huge fan of Psychic types, so why not? There are so many that are extremely powerful and are always a valuable asset to not only my in-game teams but the teams I use competitively as well. I even have a Psychic mono teams that was very successful and even helped me win a tournament. Some of my favorite Psychic types are Bronzong, Jynx, Exeggutor, Azelf, the Latis, and Xatu. However I am really a fan of them all except Jirachi who is probably my last favorite. Starmie is my top Psychic Pokemon though and that is why I chose it as a partner. It is so well designed and one of the best to use in battle with access to a wide variety of powerful moves and access to Rapid Spin. I use it on all of my teams because it is invaluable.

Answer to current topic:

Mewtwo. I think that it is clear cut who is the most powerful here. There aren't many Pokemon that can compete with this guy and certainly no other Psychic types that can.

Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Espeon
Reason for joining: I love Psychic-types, one of the strongest out there. I even used to have Espeon, Lugia and a few other good Psychic Pokemon
Answer the current topic: I still think Mewtwo is (rivaled by Mew), even though strong Psychic-types like Lugia, Deoxys, Metagross, etc. have been made since Generation I. Mewtwo was practically unstoppable in the first Pokemon movie, and was strong in the games as well.

You two both picked the obvious choices! How about for regular Pokemon? Not the over-powered one that is mostly in movies and hard to get in games?
HOW COOL IS MEOWSTIC OMG.

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Bronzong
Partner Pokemon Nick-Name: Curse
Reason for Joining: Psychic has most of the interesting Pokémon, there are so many unique and quirky Psychic-types but they all fit the theme so darn well. Especially Bronzong, I adore that hunk of steel ♥

For the topic I'm going to ignore ubers (because Mewtwo = god of Psychic-types, let's be honest) and stick to the 'regular' Pokémon. I think the strongest is probably either Alakazam or Starmie - whilst the former is more powerful the latter is a better battler so if we're going based on pure power I'll say Alakazam but if we're going on how good they are in battle I'll choose the pretty star. I wish Bronzong was better because it's just such a cool Pokémon but alas I think it's destined to stick with the UU tier, especially with Steel now being non-resistant to Dark/Ghost attacks.

I've always liked Kadabra. Never really used Alakazam since I never did the trades. However, I think I gotta give it to Gardevoir instead. It may not be the strongest, but it sure as hell was a huge sweeper for me in Emerald and I gained a lot of respect for that beautiful Pokemon (:

Sirfetch’d

You two both picked the obvious choices! How about for regular Pokemon? Not the over-powered one that is mostly in movies and hard to get in games?

Probably Starmie then, haha! I think that Starmie is so powerful because of the wide array of moved that it can learn. With access to powerful STAB in Surf and Psychic as well as access to strong moves such as Thunder and Ice Beam this Pokemon can quickly decimate any team with this great coverage. Not to mention that it has lightning speed and access to a recovery move. Overall this Pokemon is great and not one that I like to face in battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've always liked Kadabra. Never really used Alakazam since I never did the trades. However, I think I gotta give it to Gardevoir instead. It may not be the strongest, but it sure as hell was a huge sweeper for me in Emerald and I gained a lot of respect for that beautiful Pokemon (:
Gardevoir, really? :o That's interesting! I've tried using it before but I never had much luck with her, she was good at stalling and taking hits but that just wouldn't cut it for an in-game team. What kind of set did you use for her? I've always loved Gallade as a powerhouse Pokémon but I just can't imagine Gardevoir doing the same haha.

Sirfetch’d

Gardevoir, really? :o That's interesting! I've tried using it before but I never had much luck with her, she was good at stalling and taking hits but that just wouldn't cut it for an in-game team. What kind of set did you use for her? I've always loved Gallade as a powerhouse Pokémon but I just can't imagine Gardevoir doing the same haha.

I was thinking the same thing haha. I have always seen Gallade as the powerful one in this family and the battle that Alex and I just had can prove just how strong this Pokemon is. His attack is through the roof and not many Pokemon can take unresisted hits from him. I am interested though to see of Gardevior becomes a bit more useful once it gets the Fairy type as a secondary typing.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Obvious but true {:3} Outside of Mewtwo, I would say Espeon. Espeon is beautiful and powerful. She can predict her opponent's next move and predict weather changes. She also has some good moves, like Confusion, Psybeam and Psychic. Morning Sun regenerates her health too. I had an Espeon once and she was very powerful. I don't remember her fainting in battle ever.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
NOOOOO THIS IS PATRICK

(sorry couldn't help myself)

Username:
Narnia
Partner Pokemon: Girafarig

Reason for joining:

Magic is the greatest part about life! I don't know anyone who hasn't ever heard of Harry Potter or the LOTR. They're both filled with wonderful stories that you get absorbed into pretty quickly. They're fun and quick-paced as well making you look at life from another perspective. Psychic types are like the wizards of the game. They come striding in and defy logic entirely. Stuck with two spoons and being cornered? No worries, just bend them with your mind and scare your enemies off! I just really like using them along with their concept. They're kinda like unsolved mysteries- how did they get their powers? Where do such unnatural creatures come from? How does an innocent looking thing with a flowing white dress shoot thunderbolts? While I hear people screaming Nintendo logic, it's still pretty interesting to look into.

Bar Mewtwo and legendaries, I think my vote would actually go to Sigilyph. It doesn't look that strong but trust me if you have ever seen the Cosmic Power set you'd disagree completely. That thing is a monster after it passes on a burn along with a few defense boosts. Once it's fully done torturing you, it'll just heal back the damage and sweep through the opposing team. Game over. Unless you have something ridiculously overpowered but even then, that's unlikely. Alakazam is way too frail for my liking and Starmie does a pretty good job at running all sorts of sets. I find Alakazam being restricted to Focus Sash a lot of the time, just like Deoxys-A.

As for Gardevoir, I've actually used one before! I haven't finished the entire game with it but I guess the experience is worth sharing. In the beginning it easily helped me through the game but it kind of got annoying to train over time. I only made it to Mauville in that save file but it was still pretty cool nonetheless. Here's to the new typing! :]

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years

Never really used Gallade cause I'm more of a Gen III person. Honestly, I just had like Psychic, Psybeam, Thunderbolt and then some other move, I can't remember. And it worked fine. She led me through the majority of the game, and was a great contender. Probably my MVP when I normally use her. I think it may just be because I like Psychic moves. I always think they are more powerful then they really are.
Like in Pokemon Colosseum, Espeon's Confusion was the coolest thing I've ever seen. It just looked powerful.

Years
Username: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Natu
177.png

Reason for Joining: A psychic type fan, of course! They're one of the strongest types both ingame and competitive-wise, as Jelli said.

Espeon has a lot of potential in competitive play with Magic Bounce, but Alakazam is still probably strongest. Insane special attack and speed plus he learns a vert wide variety of moves so there's a whole lot you can do with him. He might not beat Espeon competitively, but ingame he's definitely a beast.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years

I have just made a user bar, in case anyone wants to use it. And I will add you two new members here in a second. Thanks for joining (:.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The userbar is pretty! The Pokémon choices were interesting though - is there a reason you chose those two? I see them as two of the most iconic Psychic-types out there but I have no idea how they became that way haha. Does anyone have any other most iconic Psychic-types?

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
The userbar is pretty! The Pokémon choices were interesting though - is there a reason you chose those two? I see them as two of the most iconic Psychic-types out there but I have no idea how they became that way haha. Does anyone have any other most iconic Psychic-types?

I also thought they were two of the most iconic Psychic-Types. I've already put Mewtwo and Espeon somewhere and I didn't want to like over-do it with them. Anyways, yeah, Alakazam and Gardevoir are also Pure Psychic-Types. They are strong and well-known. They just seemed like good choices.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy. That means she'll have a huge advantage against Dragon-types and be 2x weak against Poison and Steel-types. She can still knock out a Poison-type with being primarily Psychic but Steel and Dark will still effect her.

If it's ok, I am going to add my own Psychic-type team. Here it is:

Spr_5b_196.png

Espeon @ Psychic Gem
Ability: Magic Bounce

-Confusion
-Psybeam
-Psychic
-Morning Sun

Spr_5b_150.png

Mewtwo @ Mind Plate
Ability: Unnerve

-Psychic
-Disable
-Recover
-Psystrike

Spr_5b_151.png

Mew @ Psychic Gem
Ability: Synchronize

-Psychic
-Metronome
-Transform
-Barrier

Spr_5b_065_m.png

Alakazam @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Magic Guard

-Psychic
-Recover
-Psybeam
-Disable

Spr_5b_249.png

Lugia @ Psychic Gem
Ability: Multiscale

-Aeroblast
-Psyshock
-Extrasensory
-Safeguard

122.png

Mr. Mime @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Soundproof

-DoubleSlap
-Mimic
-Psybeam
-Substitute

Last edited:

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy. That means she'll have a huge advantage against Dragon-types and be 2x weak against Poison and Steel-types. She can still knock out a Poison-type with being primarily Psychic but Steel and Dark will still effect her.

If it's ok, I am going to add my own Psychic-type team. Here it is:

Spr_5b_196.png

Espeon @ Psychic Gem

-Confusion
-Psybeam
-Psychic
-Morning Sun

Spr_5b_150.png

Mewtwo @ Mind Plate

-Psychic
-Swift
-Recover
-Psystrike

Spr_5b_151.png

Mew @ Psychic Gem

-Psychic
-Metronome
-Transform
-Barrier

Spr_5b_065_m.png

Alakazam @ TwistedSpoon

-Psychic
-Recover
-Psybeam
-Disable

Spr_5b_249.png

Lugia @ Psychic Gem

-Aeroblast
-Psyshock
-Extrasensory
-Future Sight

Spr_5b_561.png

Sigilyph @ Mind Plate

-Psychic
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Air Slash

That looks like a pretty solid team. By the way, guys. I'm doing a solo run on FireRed with Alakazam right now, and he is a BOSS. He's untouchable and one hits everything in site. I think he might be better than Gardevoir.

Sirfetch’d

That looks like a pretty solid team. By the way, guys. I'm doing a solo run on FireRed with Alakazam right now, and he is a BOSS. He's untouchable and one hits everything in site. I think he might be better than Gardevoir.

Alakazam is really amazing and even more so in the current generation with his amazing ability, Magic Guard. This allows him to be immune to entry hazards, poison, burn, and can run Life Orb without recoil damage. Alakazam is in the OU tier for exactly these reasons accompanied with his massive Sp. Attack stat and nearly unmatched Speed. I would say that he rivals Starmie for the strongest non-legendary Psychic type.

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Username: DER
Partner Pokemon:Reuniclus
Partner Pokemon Nick-Name: Gripper
Reason for Joining: Psychic pokemon are my 5th favorite pokemon type sadly, Flying,Ice,Dark,Grass and Ghost beats this diverse type for me
Answer the current topic: I really think Reuniclus is strong,he has saved my behind alot from NPC and Online battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back