The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Relive the Hoenn region in the 3DS remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2013 (10:29 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
3. However, Deoxys and Jirachi are still R/S/E exclusives, but they're not nearly important enough to make a whole game over it and they sound like Pokemon you could just make an event out of. So it has nothing to do with getting access to the Pokemon.
You're only wrong on this part. Both Jiranchi and Deoxys were released after Gen 3 for the other generation games. No Event Pokemon is exclusive to the generation they were originally made for. They carry over as wifi downloads in future games.

Deoxys was last released world wide for Gen 5 this year. May for those of us in the US and July for other countries like Spain and Germany....I actually think I missed this one D=

Jirachi was released world wide through Gamestop and Wifi for 4th Gen games in 2010. He got 5th Gen event release for Korea and Japan only.

Event Pokemon aren't exclusive to their home games and are only exclusive to event releases.

We may actually get a Gen 6 Jirachi if the Decora Arc that the Anime is going through doesn't end in the US before Gen 6 is out. If it does air, we can probably get a 5th Gen Jirachi before Gen 6 release.
Old August 11th, 2013 (12:11 PM). Edited August 11th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
Personally, as I've already stated in another thread, I'd prefer a B2/W2-esque sequel to Gen 3 than a remake.
Again, what if they eventually do both? Would you, in that light, guess which pair of games might come first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
FR/LG allowed you to catch one of them depending on your starter, plus all of them were available in Pokémon Colosseum... yeah, Gen 3 did require a lot of games to complete the Pokédex...
That's one of the only things that I don't like about Generation 3, especially because it's going to make me have to ask here on PCF in anybody near where I live who has Emerald and got the special Mew distribution would be willing to trade for something or to re-'Mystery Gift' me a copy of that distribution if it allowed that.

P.S.: I would like to restate the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Can we merge this discussion back into its rightful place in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread, please?
Also, I believe that any discussion of remakes for 3rd-generation games should take place in one thread, so can we also merge that FR/LG remake-speculation thread that I saw into the thread that I mentioned above and rename it to something like the 'Generation III Remake Speculation Thread?'

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old August 13th, 2013 (01:26 AM).
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
R.I.P Mudkip and Treecko. Those two will never see the light of day if MegaBlaziken is in R/S Remakes XD
Although there's no guarantees that Mudkip or Treecko will get megas this time around, if there were to hypothetically be RSE remakes, they'd probably attempt to release megas just as powerful as Blaziken's... (Key word: attempt. Dat speed boost OP.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
I think a Hoenn remake is completely unnecessary.

1. Pokemon R/S/E already fits into the Pokemon timeline. It occurs simultaneously with the beginning events in Kanto. Remaking it either adds nothing to the story line or just retells it which makes it nothing more than a filler.
2. R/S/E are compatible for transfer to all games 4th and up (and most likely 6th gen).
3. They've made it their duty to add pretty much all Hoenn Pokemon in later games, including all of the wild Pokemon throughout the games, the starters, main legendaries, and the Latis in HG/SS, and the Regis in Platinum and B2W2. However, Deoxys and Jirachi are still R/S/E exclusives, but they're not nearly important enough to make a whole game over it and they sound like Pokemon you could just make an event out of. So it has nothing to do with getting access to the Pokemon.
4. It doesn't have anything to do with the graphics because it it did, there would also be an obligation to remake FR/LG. Releasing them side-by-side maybe? :o

I can't see them making one for any other factor besides money, but to be honest, I can actually see them releasing an R/S/E remake because EVERYBODY LOVES MONEY.
For point 3, I believe that by the end of the entire 3rd generation (RSE/FRLG), all pokemon that were Johto native were obtainable, and yet GSC still got remakes. For point 4, I agree that if RSE gets remakes, that FRLG are bound to get remakes.

Regarding point 2, FRLG made it so that all pokemon that could not be obtained (due to nontransferability), yet we still got GSC remakes. Why should whether or not you can trade between a region be the reason why remakes are being made? If a person really missed the Typhlosion or Lugia they had in GSC, they could have obtained another in Emerald/FRLG. Whether or not a pokemon directly transfered "from Johto" or "from Kanto" on their summary is trivial.

And as for point 1, I think this is one of the strongest arguments against RSE remakes. I think it's very likely that the remakes occured simultaneously with the rest of their generations. But again, I think this reason is trivial to more important reasons.

Do you guys remember how much fans speculated and hyped for a GSC remake right after FRLG was released? I believe that it was the fans wanting them so badly that made HGSS come out. Although there's no where near as much hype from fans for RSE remakes, it's still there. HGSS got the snowball rolling, for more remakes to follow.
Old August 19th, 2013 (10:17 AM).
mltowler

That would be. just. awesome.

Should they do it?
Old August 19th, 2013 (10:48 AM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Reboot? Do you mean remake? Sure, it'd be cool, though I don't work at Game Freak so nobody knows what's going on apart from Game freak employees.
Old August 19th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

As an avid fan of gen 3, I would reallly like to see this happen in the near future, but this has been speculated for many years now so really all we can do is wait and hope!

"By force of will!"
Old August 20th, 2013 (10:28 PM).
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
I think Gen 3 will get a reboot eventually. I think it definitely deserves one, but one thing I think they shouldn't drastically change is the music. I love the Trumpets the upbeat-ness and that amazing underwater theme.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old August 21st, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It is literally the top thing on my wishlist right now, but I know it's going to be sometime before we even hear of this.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old August 21st, 2013 (02:47 PM).
Thergox
Average Hatter

Nature: Mild
. . . What would they call it? Blood Ruby and Tear Sapphire? I mean that lovingly, but I also kind of missed out because I lost the game when I first got it T-T

I suppose they could do it, though it would be slightly unnecessary. The 3rd gen is already pretty slick as it is, and doesn't really require that much of a huge reboot as, say, gen 2's original games. Sure, the 3D prospect is pretty alluring, but. . . It already seems modern enough. Will they do it? I suppose there's nothing stopping them, and I'm pretty sure a huge uprising will go against Game Freak if they don't do so. But will that create a chain? Will that suck Gen 4's remake into Gen 7's creation? Gen 5 into 8's? How far do you suspect we can go before we get all pooped out of graphical ideas and have absolutely no point in resurrecting past titles?
Old August 21st, 2013 (03:10 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Gen 3 was my favorite, so I'd be absolutely stoked for this. ^-^ I recall a while ago that Junichi Masuda acknowledged the demand for a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Because of that message, it's probably likely that remakes will eventually come about. Maybe that project is currently in the works/planning stages?

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old August 21st, 2013 (03:16 PM).
Emburn
<3

Nature: Bashful
I think Gen III should act as a Legacy. They shouldn't bring it back, because, honestly, they'd probably just screw it up. RSE was probably their greatest series IMO and to see them remake a crappy version of it would be saddening. Some things are meant to stay in the past.
Old August 21st, 2013 (04:11 PM).
lmcde22

I've done my waiting, its been 10 years now! C'mon GF give us our remakes

Old August 21st, 2013 (04:34 PM). Edited August 21st, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thergox View Post
. . . What would they call it? Blood Ruby and Tear Sapphire? I mean that lovingly, but I also kind of missed out because I lost the game when I first got it T-T

I suppose they could do it, though it would be slightly unnecessary. The 3rd gen is already pretty slick as it is, and doesn't really require that much of a huge reboot as, say, gen 2's original games. Sure, the 3D prospect is pretty alluring, but. . . It already seems modern enough. Will they do it? I suppose there's nothing stopping them, and I'm pretty sure a huge uprising will go against Game Freak if they don't do so. But will that create a chain? Will that suck Gen 4's remake into Gen 7's creation? Gen 5 into 8's? How far do you suspect we can go before we get all pooped out of graphical ideas and have absolutely no point in resurrecting past titles?
I'm betting that all of the games that will have had remakes released by the time that every single generation of the Pokémon franchise ends up on the Nintendo eShop will eventually just be updated every generation.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old September 7th, 2013 (12:33 AM).
sipeyxsipey

I would love to have a Hoenn remake. You see, in my generation (and i guess also in the early past generations), Hoenn games is a hit. I remember when I was craving for an Emerald version because I only had my Ruby Vr. That feeling is awesome. So when I heard the rumor that a Hoenn-remake will take place, the feeling that I felt way back 2005 came back. And oh yes, I would like to but the game if it will be remade.
Old September 14th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
RandomDSdevel

Just saying, but, ummm…*cough*ahem*cough*:

Quote:
I would like to restate the following:

Quote:
Can we merge this discussion back into its rightful place in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread, please?

Old September 14th, 2013 (07:14 PM).
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
There haven't been remakes because the main reason they make remakes is so people can have Pokémon from previous generations in newer generation games. Since R/S/E is compatible there is no reason for a remake. However, I believe that if there is enough demand for it and it's good for business, then there will eventually be remakes.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old September 16th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemasta92 View Post
There haven't been remakes because the main reason they make remakes is so people can have Pokémon from previous generations in newer generation games. Since R/S/E is compatible there is no reason for a remake. However, I believe that if there is enough demand for it and it's good for business, then there will eventually be remakes.
Compatibility with Ruby and Sapphire is tenuous in current circumstances. How many people do you think would, as of Generation V, persevere through not one, but two cross-generational Pokémon transfers for each and every one of their monsters? And Gen. VI is going to add another hoop for Trainers to jump through? At least future games can utilize Pokémon Bank for easier data transfer…

Old September 16th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

My wishlist for Hoenn remakes:
-Player customization
-Expanded Hoenn dex, with Sinnoh/Kalos evos and prevos, as well as stuff like Gastly and Misdreavus
-More in-game trades
-Return of the Battle Frontier
-Mega Stones for Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert available in-game
-Gym Leader rematches
-Elite Four and Champion become stronger after your first battle with them

Here are some things I'd love to see, but not as much as the ones listed above:
-More sidequests
-Completely revamped Artisan Cave
-Altering Cave and Scorched Slab actually having a purpose

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old September 16th, 2013 (12:22 PM).
Arlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemasta92 View Post
...the main reason they make remakes is so people can have Pokémon from previous generations in newer generation games.
Wrong.

The ONLY reason they make games at all is to turn a profit. This isn't some sort of "service" for loyal fans - it's a business. The ONLY thing they care about is whether or not making a particular game at a particular time is a sound business decision.

If they decide that remaking the Hoenn games is a sound business decision, then that's what they're going to do, and it really doesn't matter how many times people trot out the same tired old diversionary arguments.
Old September 16th, 2013 (01:13 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Mmm, their sole ambition is to turn over a profit and that's what will determine whether they choose to remake Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire or not. The reason why Gold & Silver were remade was probably because Gold & Silver were the most popular and/or profitable games to that point in time, HGSS have shifted 12 Million copies which proves it was the right decision on their behalf for them to re-create those games. Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire on the other hand didn't do as well in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean RS remakes wouldn't do well either.. heck they could even outsell their predecessors. Judging by the amount of demand for these remakes I think it's safe to say that they would generate a huge profit for Game Freak but it's whether they believe that Ruby & Sapphire remakes could shift millions of copies, we know they would but it's entirely down to them what games they release and what they believe will make the most money for them.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old September 16th, 2013 (02:45 PM).
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Wrong.

The ONLY reason they make games at all is to turn a profit. This isn't some sort of "service" for loyal fans - it's a business. The ONLY thing they care about is whether or not making a particular game at a particular time is a sound business decision.

If they decide that remaking the Hoenn games is a sound business decision, then that's what they're going to do, and it really doesn't matter how many times people trot out the same tired old diversionary arguments.
You are right, but what I said was also right. Not being able to catch all of the Pokémon in the newer games was effecting their popularity, so by making remakes that allowed you to catch them, it increased profit of the newest games as well as the remakes they just released. So yes, they did it for business, just like any company would, but the reason business was hurting was the games not connecting, so they allowed you to catch all the Pokémon, because it was good for business.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old September 16th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
It's something I'd like to see, but I have my doubts as to if game freak will ever make them. Whil initially, RSE didn't come close to rivalling GSC in terms of sales, I think the cult following 'RSE remakes' has gotten since then may help. Nintendo wants to make money, and I think they noticed that people want RSE remakes. I personally think they'd sell extremely well. Hoenn in 3D would be beautiful I think.

all that water though
Old September 17th, 2013 (03:20 AM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
A Hoenn remake will only be acceptable if it has some sort of post-game. Emerald was rather dire, with only the Battle Frontier being significant.

I'm hoping they don't remake it because it would be a waste of resources. Can't see what a Hoenn remake would add to the series. When remaking GSC, they had several excuses: the fact DPPt had few Johto Pokémon, the fact there was still a lot of untapped potential in Johto that they didn't realize in 1999 due to time and space constraints. Of course, Nintendo is always remaking their own games, but then again, GF isn't Nintendo...

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old September 17th, 2013 (08:58 AM).
franko94
Master Trainer

Nature: Adamant
See, the reason I think they will remake them is that it is easy money. It is a ton cheaper to make a remake than it is to make an entirely new game. For starters, you don't need to write a new story, you just need to tweak the story to include new pokemon, mechanics etc. You don't need to develop a new region, the region is already there. You don't need to develop new characters, they're already there. You don't need to develop new pokemon, they're already made. Plus, this little effort to release a game that could be pitched to younger players as a new game in a new region, and pitched as a nostalgia trip to older players creates a massive profit for them.

Plus, I consider Gen III to be "my generation." I still play it to this day.

Other things to consider:

Japan still sold over 7000 copies of Emerald in 2011.
Speaking of patterns: If it comes out next year, the pattern will be intact. 8 years between R/B/Y and FR/LG, 10 between G/S/C and HG/SS, 12 years between R/S/E and remakes.

Realistically though, I think a remake of Kanto is more realistic for this Generation.

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Ark...rds=B00DAIDXDA

iOS devices can access via apps for either Kindle or Nook

Also, for those of you who like more realistic fiction, on November 28th, my second work Family is Forever comes out.
Old October 4th, 2013 (07:51 AM).
P0kelegend

A reviewer for Pokemon X and Y revealed this hint about Hoenn that is in the games:

"The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting:

"You will see it in due time""
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links