• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest! #9

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

pokeball.gif
Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome, or welcome back dear Pokémon General poster!
In this thread, we will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it keeps going this well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use. So cool, ermahgerd.

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
  • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
  • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
  • Your caption can be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
  • Post your entry in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #9

Manga1_zps3fd7db05.png

This panel is picked by this week's judge, jsziede. It's short and sweet and you might fill in Platina's speech bubble or have the other characters say something, or just provide an overall slogan for the picture! It is from chapter 338 of the Pokémon Adventures / Special manga.

bth_Ponyta.gif

Best of luck!

Hall Of Fame

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
manga9.png

Just added up some speech balloons. :P
and I really don't know why I added that dialogue to Diamond. XD

Years
First try!
----------
Platinum: See, I am the queen. :D
Pearl: Only in your dreams, Berlitz! >:)
Diamond: I'm done playing pretend. Now, can we get something to eat before we break into a Lion King musical? -.-
Platinum: Too late :D Chatot, hit it!
Chatot:*starts singing the chords*
Platinum: I'm gonna be the perfect queen, so Cy-y-rus beware~!
Pearl: Well, I've never seen a queen or girl with quite so little...care?
Platinum: I'm gonna be a main event like no one else before! I'm brushin' up on lookin' down, I'm workin' on my Mons!
Pearl: Thus far, are rather uninspiring things...
Diamond: OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE FED!!
Platinum & Pearl: -.- Fine...
-------
Sorry if it was a little long, I kinda got carried away, and I don't know how to post the caption things...

Last edited:

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
1379294729537_1.png

:) a bit bored, uncreative and not my fave character haha
Also, am totally not aiming to win, just want to have fun.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
All of these are simply amazing, and it's only Tuesday! Get your friends over here too, guys ;)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
This will be a fun week to help with judging, everyone! I'm already having a hard time with my decision, and there's still plenty of time for more captions to roll in :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

#9 winner...

Manga1_zps050beebc.png

Maruno - Funny and fitting, yet really strange thing for her to be saying while they are marching like that. All in all, a caption we loved.

Congratulations! You will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner. I will contact you through PM.

A thousand thanks to all the contestants this week. This panel was apparently really fun to make up captions for, so we'll aim to have similar ones in the future. An extra shoutout to those who edited in more speech bubbles or generally featured more than just a little line of text, btw! Creativity and taking freedoms is appreciated :D Even though short and sweet often does the trick too. Also an extra thanks to jsziede, this week's judge and the one who picked this great panel!

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun~ It will be up before too long!

~​

Back